Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:29 AM

APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. (64364 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly / Breaking News!!! Pdp Loses Six Reps To Apc, Lp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by kibo: 9:03am On Mar 31, 2015
bidex:

No! you are wrong! we have plentiful Yorubas in the north even in borno despite bokoharam bombings but you hardly see yoruba men in the EAstern part of Nigeria. why? the Igbos are no accomodative. they treat non-igbos like an alien

[b]How you speak about someones ethnic affiliation indicates if you are tribalistic. In a bid to speak against tribalism, you are being tribalistic.

Without any sense of tribal bigotry, if you see things in clear perspective. The Westerners are more inclined to white collar jobs, this doesnt warrant migration as a lot of companies are already situated in the west.

The Easterners are more inclined to small scale businesses, that is why you notice a lot them migrating to other places to search for better markets. Infact the Igbos are everywhere in the country doing businesses.

On the flip side, most white collar jobs are populated by Westerners. These jobs bring more stability in terms of migration. That is why you dont see a lot of Westerners migrating.

Moreso, the fact that Lagos is highly populated has nothing to do with tribal affiliations. It is just because it was the defunct capital of Nigeria and economic powerhouse of the country. All capitals in the world are populated. For example, if Kebbi State was the defunct capital, you would notice the same migration pattern to Kebbi State regardless of tribal affiliations.

About not having other communities in the East. That is not true. Infact, in some native villages in the East, you see core Northerners that sell suya and do other trades. You also notice Fulani herdsmen with their cattles grazing on Eastern lands. There are Hausa communities all over Eastern States

Let us try to be OBJECTIVE in our analysis and not be clouded by TRIBAL sentiments.

PEACE !!![/b]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by ridgeman: 9:04am On Mar 31, 2015
This is just another example why Lagos and Lagosians are progressing. Kudos to the Igbos for believing and to the Yorubas for supporting. Anyone who pays tax and has good plans for the state should be celebrated afterall we all sink or swim together when the tide come in...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Texcoco(m): 9:04am On Mar 31, 2015
petitmonde:

pain?for where.it is a wake-up call.mind u,it was never an all-igbo vote that got them in.
Apc was voted out in Oshodi-Isolo cuz the incumbent was not liked.
Tis a wakeup call that we are a political force to be reckoned with.When you split yoruba votes and gain an exclusive all-igbo votes, you win.Therefore the igbos now decide the political future of Lagos and we are firmly behind JK...Jk ni o

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by bidex(m): 9:04am On Mar 31, 2015
Mykevp2p:

How stupid can some of you fools be? Have you ever been to any part of Igboland before? Have anybody rejected you the right to carry out any business activity in Igboland? I'm from Ozubulu in Anambra state, I have 2 surgeries and both were performed by an Hausa doctor living and doing his business in Ozubulu, his hospital used to be along the udorji road, just very close to the Ekwusigo local government secretariat.

Stay in your enclave and still wallowing in your stupidity while great minds are thinking and discussing ideas. Our first target is achieved, the next is senatorial seat in Lagos and boom, we are coming for the big one while you and your likes keep whining like a demented souls on Niraland. You haven't seen nothing yet

you must be stupid. you want to go insultive? go ahead and run your stinking mouth. go ahead to do census of the non ibos living in your village and bring out the result. go to otehr yoruba states to do census of non yorubas living there. then you can comapre and contrast with your stupid tribalistic dullant brain.
next time, you should learn not to call people names

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Abujabir24: 9:05am On Mar 31, 2015
Why can't I reply even when logged in?
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Do you have the population? How can you wake and want to take over the leadership position of a market or place? What is your economic impact to that place? Can you say of that to the Igbos, these are factors that come into play when taking a leadership position of a place.The APC in lagos sideline the Igbos, we only make money for them through tax and after that you are abandoned, on the issue that yorubas are tolerant I see it as a fallacy cos I know what I face here, ask our business guys what they face, the only thing I appraciate yourba for is that they respect the santity of human life to an extent unlike the hausa's
GoldHorse:
Yorubas are the most "detribalize" ethnic group in Nigeria and this is what make us great just like America (Lagos is a typical example). We intermarry freely, we welcome visitors freely and allow them to flourish too.

So you guys should stop claiming your clout is this and that and you will take over this and this soon before you start sending wrong signals to various people. Most people might not mind accommodating friends but please be sure that NOBODY will want that "friend" to take over or change that leadership/ownership equation and might do whatever it takes legally or otherwise to prevent the apparent "takeover". The same America is a typical example here too (the relationship between white and blacks).
So please don't start what you can't finish! Don't sensitive people to the wrong thing, don't make them aware of what is not there because, believe me, you won't enjoy the outcome.

Your business (which I know it's the reason majority of you are here for) will not be as pleasant or profitable when your host community doesn't like your face and you can quote as many laws as you like it won't change a thing.
How will you like if one Mr Ngbatingbati that has been living in Onitsha since whenever claiming he will take over the leadership of the great Onitsha market for starters?!

So please STOP THIS!

3 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
If care is not taken APC might lose Lagos in the governorship election

JK must win Lagos....we voted for GMB for president but we will vote for JK for Gov, we need change. we dont want any God fatherism any more, the ppl must determine how we are governed

3 Likes

Don't push ur luck, yoruba's ain't fool

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Mykevp2p:

How stupid can some of you fools be? Have you ever been to any part of Igboland before? Have anybody rejected you the right to carry out any business activity in Igboland? I'm from Ozubulu in Anambra state, I have 2 surgeries and both were performed by an Hausa doctor living and doing his business in Ozubulu, his hospital used to be along the udorji road, just very close to the Ekwusigo local government secretariat.

Stay in your enclave and still wallowing in your stupidity while great minds are thinking and discussing ideas. Our first target is achieved, the next is senatorial seat in Lagos and boom, we are coming for the big one while you and your likes keep whining like a demented souls on Niraland. You haven't seen nothing yet

lol

they do not just the basic principles of economic expansion, guts and group economics, igbos learnt this principles in a hard way, the civil war helped us, it made us to unify from all igbo states in SE and SS and the hatred for GEJ made SS Ijaws to understnad they are our cousin, I am so happy.

These yoruba should understnad no venture no success in life, it is not all about staying put in your region, try to venture out and succeed that makes you a man, we igbo are doing it, chinese are doing it, brithian did it, french did it, zulus are doing it, even hausa are doing it..why cant the average yoruba man go out of his region open up economic activities, develope there, repatriate their money back home as other intelligent groups are doing. I respect jews for that and it seems igbos have copied the jews well.

I know that GEJ will win this election ..its not by NUMBERS but by 2/3 of state won and we are happy and we have made our point that APC is not our thing ...this was proved in APC losing in east and we do not have regret

we ave been there we have done that...they should bring it on

IGBO ARE ECONOMICALLY VIABLE AND POWERFUL AND WE CAN TAKE ON ANYBODY ...THIS IS NOT 1967 and thank lord THE SSouth South have seen their stupidity. so all we want is peace and let us just live in peace and forget triablism

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Awoofawo(m): 9:07am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:
If Yorubas are bigots like you they will not even allow these guys to contest. When will you ever grow up. Lagosians are lagosians. Stop planting tribalism into it.

To add to what you posted. PDP used the stick and carrot approach by giving them few posts to influenced their voting for PDP in Lagos........ Igbo lack political tactic and strategy. They alway aligned with the wrong block that will on the long run work to their political injury.... Their chest beating syndrome will surely goes up the sky, you just watch and wait.....

4 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by kaima1984(f): 9:07am On Mar 31, 2015
teniola55:
quote author=kaima1984 post=32192713]They are investing,developing,living life at large in Lagos,old fool sooner or later u will kw that Lagos is our father land.

#proudly igbo keep living large in anothers Man land.

You and I know that igbo cannot take over lagos,than for you guyz to start clinging unto power in lagos...We will vehemently send you back to that shit hole you came from.
who are the we?u are already scared of Igbo's taking over Lagos,u think is easy for igbos t contest an election n win in lagos?u think Lagos can stand n progress without lions n lioness? (Igbo's)bros wake up from ur slumber

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Captain001(m): 9:07am On Mar 31, 2015
bidex:

You are somehow right my fellow Nairalander. Just dont hate them, let them live their life. there has never been an area in igbo land that yorubas dominated niether there is dominated area by the hausas in their land. The Ibos never want outsiders to be part of them. yet, they claim that the yorubas are the tribalism. take a good look at the results from their region, it is really disheartening, ambigous and unreliable.
We give them freedom of to do whatever they want to do in our land.

How will you dominate an area when you don't go out en mass? Except for taxi driving and auto mechanic job and few bankers, what will take a yoruba to igboland? Igbos travel in throngs not just to yoruba land but almost every part of the world for business be it legitimate or otherwise. This is a phenomenon we all have to deal and live with.

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by steppin: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2015
muhamm3d:
One sad thing about this is that yoruba people are the most tolerant in Nigeria. This will nver happen in any igbo state, they would rather kill the yoruba candidate than see him win any position. Even the beggars in eastern states are igbos.kaduna and kano are filled wd yoruba pple and other tribes. . Really dnt lik d igbo breed, they will do anyfin against u in their states then want to take over ur own state. Imagine d fo.ol that wants to b gov of lag and cnt speak a word of yoruba. Just imagine d mu.mu.
Hater!
How many yorubas contested in our states and got killed?
Because of your cowardness, you assume things even without trying.
No Igbo cares if you don't like them. I pity Igbo foools in Nl who supported APC.
Very soon, they'll turn against them.
Violence is currently brewing in the west and the people who will suffer more are non-indigenes.
After that, an eediot will come to tell me that yorubas are tolerant.
Tolerant my foot!
If someone is maimed because of their voting choice, what's the point of One Nigeria?
Nobody should tell me anything about tolerance here.
Hausas and yorubas are the same....violence runs in their blood.
Funny thing is, they're the one who are quick to shout one Nigeria at every slightest thing.

3 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2015
Mykevp2p:

And what would the Yorubas has done to stop the Igbos and the Edo man from contesting? I thought many of you warlords here on Niraland said the Igbos are insignificant in Lagos? wait for it, we are coming for the Governor in Lagos. It is high time you relocated to the SE, live there, have your business and contest election there. Nobody will come to your state to beg you to come over to the SE to contest.

The first mayor of Enugu, Mallam Umaru Altine is a Fulani man, so keep ranting on Nairaland while progressive people are voting for better candidates

Seems you never heard about primaries. You think these guys just woke up and presented themselves? Common sense isn't that common these days

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Abujabir24: 9:09am On Mar 31, 2015
Sardauna was right after all
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 31, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by tollu: 9:11am On Mar 31, 2015

3 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2015
I am yourba. But I seriously think my awon egbon ati aburo mi needs to be thought that eko is truly no mans land they should start concentrating on developing the other part of the west. Weldon omo ibo. Tinubu would have the shock of his life. Just make sure u guys act smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:

Seems you never heard about primaries. You think these guys just woke up and presented themselves? Common sense isn't that common these days

You are the one without common sense, a very simple question for you, what would you have done to stop them from contesting the primary? rig them out?

It appears they were overwhelmingly voted by their constituents, yet you are here renting. Probably, if the incumbent APC representatives had done their work in the national assembly, they would have retained their seat, have you thought of that?
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by bidex(m): 9:13am On Mar 31, 2015
kibo:

[b]How you speak about someones ethnic affiliation indicates if you are tribalistic. In a bid to speak against tribalism, you are being tribalistic.

Without any sense of tribal bigotry, if you see things in clear perspective. The Westerners are more inclined to white collar jobs, this doesnt warrant migration as a lot of companies are already situated in the west.

The Easterners are more inclined to small scale businesses, that is why you notice a lot them migrating to other places to search for better markets. Infact the Igbos are everywhere in the country doing businesses.

On the flip side, most white collar jobs are populated by Westerners. These jobs bring more stability in terms of migration. That is why you dont see a lot of Westeners migrating.

Moreso, the fact that Lagos is highly populated has nothing to do with tribal affiliations. It is just because it was the defunct capital of Nigeria and economic powerhouse of the country. All capitals in the world are populated. For example, if Kebbi State was the defunct capital, you would notice the same migration pattern to Kebbi State regardless of tribal affiliations.

Let us try to be OBJECTIVE in our analysis.

PEACE !!![/b]

Well said but are you telling me there is no white collar jobs in the Eastern and Southern part of Nigeria? are you telling me that the Westerners are no going into trading? they trade too.

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by kibo: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2015
Abujabir24:

Right about what ??
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by kibo: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2015
Abujabir24:

Right about what ??
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by bidex(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2015
Captain001:

How will you dominate an area when you don't go out en mass? Except for taxi driving and auto mechanic job and few bankers, what will take a yoruba to igboland? Igbos travel in throngs not just to yoruba land but almost every part of the world for business be it legitimate or otherwise. This is a phenomenon we all have to deal and live with.

hmmm... i reserve my comments
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2015
steppin:

Hater!
How many yorubas contested in our states and got killed?
Because of your cowardness, you assume things even without trying.
No Igbo cares if you don't like them. I pity Igbo foools in Nl who supported APC.
Very soon, they'll turn against them.
Violence is currently brewing in the west and the people who will suffer more are non-indigenes.
After that, an eediot will come to tell me that yorubas are tolerant.
Tolerant my foot!
If someone is maimed because of their voting choice, what's the point of One Nigeria?
Nobody should tell me anything about tolerance here.
Hausas and yorubas are the same....violence runs in their blood.
Funny thing is, they're the one who are quick to shout one Nigeria at every slightest thing.

Hauasa and yourba think thesame but the hausa are held by religous thinking while we yourbas are held back by pure laziness which leads to jealousy.
Though to be honest I am a yourba born in the SS dats why I don't think like them. And most neva belive I have yourba parents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Popemax(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2015
taharqa:

You are such an IDIIOOT. The way some of you Yorba, I hope a few sha, carry tribalism for head is really amazing
Leave that guy...he's a clown...till 2050 Igbos will continue winning in Lagos
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2015
this is the worst analysis i have seem, the most stable jobs is business and that is why you as a business man goest into a region and you see that there arev potential you will not mve you just stay put and develope your firm as a small scale business and this tend to reduce migration but as a white coller job person you have the high tendency to be transfered from head office ton one region to develope the firm and you will see the migration ...so as you can see that your logic have loop holes

igbos are all rounder, in my family we are technocrats i am from anambra none is business man we have lawyers engineers etc and non is business so igbos are not only business minded but technocrats also and all rounder

yorubas not travelling out has nothing to do with white coller jobs because igbos still do these jobs but i think it is about their fear of the unknown which is legendary in them

when i was doing my NYSC somewhere in BENUE i saw how my yoruba corp members where scared always always wanting to go back to west but the igbos there as corp members started doing food business and sending them to east

SO BRO FORGET THAT YOUR SUBMISSION, IT IS FAULTY

kibo:

On the flip side, most white collar jobs are populated by Westerners. These jobs bring more stability in terms of migration. That is why you dont see a lot of Westeners migrating.

About not having other communities in the East. That is not true. Infact, in some native villages in the East, you see core Northerners that sell suya and do other trades. You also notice Fulani herdsmen with their cattles grazing on Eastern lands. There are Hausa communities all over Eastern States

Let us try to be OBJECTIVE in our analysis and not be clouded by TRIBAL sentiments.

PEACE !!![/b]

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by cecegorz(m): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm sorry sir, but I am simply posting raw news. This does not give you the right to call me a bigot when you don't even know anything about me. You sir are the bigot who got bent out of shape simply because you saw the word "Igbo" in the article. Why do you feel threatened by that?

Sir, the political clout of Igbos in Lagos is growing, whether you like it or not. That is the reality, deal with it.

This is good for our democracy, and one can only give kudos to Jega for introducing these card readers that makes it very difficult for incumbents to rig.
I wish it happens in our time where anybody can win elections anywhere in Nigeria irrespective of tribe or religion, as long as he is able to meet the aspirations of the majority of the people.

3 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by nagoma(m): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2015
taharqa:

My opposition to Buhari, apart from the fact that I genuinely liked GEJ, was cos I don't TRUST him. I still don't. The bigger reason was cos of the the party whose platform he chose. Now I HATE d guts of APC, even much more than I did FOR PDP. And people like you rep some of the worst specimens in that party
Ikpii

You can migrate as Nigerians have chosen him ( Buhari) over Jonathan. Join the next group trecking across the Sahara. You may make it to Morocco before May 29th. Take a lot of water with you ( thirst kills). Tell the king of Morocco Jona is no more, he can accept phone calls from the new president.

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Awoofawo(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2015
Mykevp2p:

And what would the Yorubas has done to stop the Igbos and the Edo man from contesting? I thought many of you warlords here on Niraland said the Igbos are insignificant in Lagos? wait for it, we are coming for the Governor in Lagos. It is high time you relocated to the SE, live there, have your business and contest election there. Nobody will come to your state to beg you to come over to the SE to contest.

The first mayor of Enugu, Mallam Umaru Altine is a Fulani man, so keep ranting on Nairaland while progressive people are voting for better candidates

For the first time..am going to lost my cool...

Who are the Igbo in Nigeria politic, a used and dumped tribe. How dare you people... PDP just scammed your whole tribe in Lagos and you here talking trash...

We Yoruba are light-years ahead of your whole tribe both in s.east+s.west combined. You are insignificant because your lot don't anything to bring to table as bargaining power....

Stup!d fool......

3 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by GoldHorse(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Do you have the population? How can you wake and want to take over the leadership position of a market or place? What is your economic impact to that place? Can you say of that to the Igbos, these are factors that come into play when taking a leadership position of a place.The APC in lagos sideline the Igbos, we only make money for them through tax and after that you are abandoned, on the issue that yorubas are tolerant I see it as a fallacy cos I know what I face here, ask our business guys what they face, the only thing I appraciate yourba for is that they respect the santity of human life to an extent unlike the hausa's

Economic impact?!! You all could as well have helped all your states out by making economic impact there and pay tax na, abi. Why Lagos?
Well, I have given my 2 cowries but you guys can go ahead and start.

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by oduaboy1: 9:18am On Mar 31, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

JK must win Lagos....we voted for GMB for president but we will vote for JK for Gov, we need change. we dont want any God fatherism any more, the ppl must determine how we are governed
You must be deluded.How many ibbos voted for gmb in the election?.Jimi can only win in your dreams

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2015
tollu:
This thread is a glaring example of the chest beating that Igbos do which in turn aggravates their hosts.

For fvcks sake, why open a thread and start bleating about Igbo political clout?
Look all over the SW elections, PDP had a strong showing and this only goes to show that Yoruba's do not reason along ethnic lines.

Men, y'all can never learn.

CRY ME AN OCEAN,,....BRING IT ON BRO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Erhiatake Ibori Stole My Husband" - Abioye Suenu's First Wife (Photos) / Petrol Bombs Recovered From Nnamdi Kanu’s House In Umuahia By Soldiers - Police / President Buhari's Bulletproof Maybach S560 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.