Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. (64292 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly / Breaking News!!! Pdp Loses Six Reps To Apc, Lp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by ekemit(m): 9:19am On Mar 31, 2015
muhamm3d:
One sad thing about this is that yoruba people are the most tolerant in Nigeria. This will nver happen in any igbo state, they would rather kill the yoruba candidate than see him win any position. Even the beggars in eastern states are igbos.kaduna and kano are filled wd yoruba pple and other tribes. . Really dnt lik d igbo breed, they will do anyfin against u in their states then want to take over ur own state. Imagine d fo.ol that wants to b gov of lag and cnt speak a word of yoruba. Just imagine d mu.mu.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha my bele oooo my head ooooooo singing my bele ooo my head ooooo e don pain am die hahahahaha lol lol lol

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2015
bidex:

you must be stupid. you want to go insultive? go ahead and run your stinking mouth. go ahead to do census of the non ibos living in your village and bring out the result. go to otehr yoruba states to do census of non yorubas living there. then you can comapre and contrast with your stupid tribalistic dullant brain.
next time, you should learn not to call people names

Yes, I will keep running my stinking mouth if demented souls like you continue attacking the Igbos for no just reason. Have you ever been to any part of Igboland to setup your business and you were denied the right? Have you priced a land and anybody refused to sell to you?

Do you know the amount of damage Fulani cattle herders are causing to farmers in the SE? can an Igbo man take his cattle to Kano, destroy their farmland without being lynched to death?

These people who won this election may have been living in that area for upwards of 20 years, yet you still cannot see them as part of the community.. shame on you and your likes

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Abujabir24: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2015
Igbos hate northerners. I'm a living witness. I still serve in Anambra state and I'm being sidelined everywhere. BH dis BH dat. Why?
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2015
LIGHT YEARS...LOL I LAUGH IN EGBA. OK WE ARE HERE TO MAKE A STATEMENT, RIGHT FROM DEPORTATION AND NOW.

SO STOP LIVING IN PAST. THIS IS PRESENT

SPAIN WAS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF JAPAN, ISRAEL AND CHINA BUT WHAT IS THE POSITION OF CHINA AND TIGER. WELL IF CHINA AND THESE COUNTRY C COUGH THE WORLD CATCH COLD

WELCOME TO THE NEW ORDER

Awoofawo:

For the first time..am going to lost my cool...

Who are the Igbo in Nigeria politic, a used and dumped tribe. How dare you people... PDP just scammed your whole tribe in Lagos and you here talking trash...

We Yoruba are light-years ahead of your whole tribe both in s.east+s.west combined. You are insignificant because your lot don't anything to bring to table as bargaining power....

Stup!d fool......

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by oduaboy1: 9:22am On Mar 31, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
I am yourba. But I seriously think my awon egbon ati aburo mi needs to be thought that eko is truly no mans land they should start concentrating on developing the other part of the west. Weldon omo ibo. Tinubu would have the shock of his life. Just make sure u guys act smart.
You are truly Yoruba,oloshi,olori pelebe

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2015
Abujabir24:
Igbos hate northerners. I'm a living witness. I still serve in Anambra state and I'm being sidelined everywhere. BH dis BH dat. Why?

BUT YOU PEOPLE CAUSED IT, AND WHO CALLS US YAMIRI ?
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by franksam2009: 9:22am On Mar 31, 2015
make una dey careful of the kind of tribalism thread una dey open for N/L, u guys already know that no good will come from this thread, you arranged it as if the Igbo are at fault or as if it's only the Igbo that voted.
be careful be4 we hack this site again

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2015
You think they can't win with APGA ticket? They won not because of party but as a result of Igbo dominance in that area
belabela:

Seems you never heard about primaries. You think these guys just woke up and presented themselves? Common sense isn't that common these days

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by kibo: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2015
bidex:

Well said but are you telling me there is no white collar jobs in the Eastern and Southern part of Nigeria? are you telling me that the Westerners are no going into trading? they trade too.

[b]They trade too, but they also trade in the West (Lagos), because this is the economic powerhouse and it was the defunct capital of the country, it has the population and the market.

Chief, there are white collar jobs in the South South comprising of oil companies, Federal Civil Service, banking industries and co. If you do your census, you will notice that the Westerners are also there.

Are you telling me that if you got a job at Shell in Imo State for example, you would not take it because you feel that the Igbos will not accommodate you. Who employed you, is it the company or the people.

What you notice in the South East are SMALL SCALE INDIGENOUS INDUSTRIES with less the 10 staffs in a company sometimes. As i said earlier on, when it comes to white collar jobs, the Westeners are largely there, but when it comes to trading/businesses, there are a few.

LAGOS IS NOT POPULATED BECAUSE PEOPLE WHAT TO STRUGGLE WITH THE WESTERNERS, LAGOS IS POPULATED BECAUSE IT WAS THE DEFUNCT CAPITAL OF THE COUNTRY. THIS POINT CAN NOT BE OVER EMPHASIZED.

PEACE !!!
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Onegai(f): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm sorry sir, but I am simply posting raw news. This does not give you the right to call me a bigot when you don't even know anything about me. You sir are the bigot who got bent out of shape simply because you saw the word "Igbo" in the article. Why do you feel threatened by that?

Sir, the political clout of Igbos in Lagos is growing, whether you like it or not. That is the reality, deal with it.

Oghene Egboh is from Urhobo and I voted in Festac. Most Festac (Igbos) people didn't know him and his supporters were Yoruba (and they campaigned for him till that day). His opponent didn't get that kind of support from anyone.

I wouldn't call this Igbo clout just yet. Igbo clout just failed GEJ. Compare the massive turnout Buhari got in his base to the meagre turnout GET got in what he thought was his power base. GEJ's power lies in Delta (where for example Asaba, Uwvie and Ika boys were willing to rig for him for free ; D )

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 31, 2015
Awoofawo:

For the first time..am going to lost my cool...

Who are the Igbo in Nigeria politic, a used and dumped tribe. How dare you people... PDP just scammed your whole tribe in Lagos and you here talking trash...

We Yoruba are light-years ahead of your whole tribe both in s.east+s.west combined. You are insignificant because your lot don't anything to bring to table as bargaining power....

Stup!d fool......

Hahahah, is this how you lose your cool? Please try again because you just didn't make any sense whatsoever. Who is comparing SW and SE? Igbo and Edo candidates presented themselves for election in Lagos state and were overwhelmingly voted by the masses, you are here behaving like a lost soul.

You talk as if PDP didn't win any seat in SW or they didn't get any vote in the SW or no Yoruba voted for the PDP. Stupidity is when you think that every Nigerian must belong to the same party.

It is often said that Igbos don't like being in the opposition, well, this is your chance to make them play the opposition and they have gladly accept, yet you are lambasting them for not joining your government! make up your mind son, but while you are at it, pleas remember that the insignificant Igbos are winning house of reps seat in SW

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Dbboy(m): 9:27am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:
If Yorubas are bigots like you they will not even allow these guys to contest. When will you ever grow up. Lagosians are lagosians. Stop planting tribalism into it.

Any need for this statement.
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Doobhem(m): 9:27am On Mar 31, 2015
Mykevp2p:

And what would the Yorubas has done to stop the Igbos and the Edo man from contesting? I thought many of you warlords here on Niraland said the Igbos are insignificant in Lagos? wait for it, we are coming for the Governor in Lagos. It is high time you relocated to the SE, live there, have your business and contest election there. Nobody will come to your state to beg you to come over to the SE to contest.

The first mayor of Enugu, Mallam Umaru Altine is a Fulani man, so keep ranting on Nairaland while progressive people are voting for better candidates
We will be truly great if we can scrap the state of origin thing

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 31, 2015
I was thinking you gonna reply intelligently
GoldHorse:

Economic impact?!! You all could as well have helped all your states out by making economic impact there and pay tax na, abi. Why Lagos?
Well, I have given my 2 cowries but you guys can go ahead and start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by oduaboy1: 9:30am On Mar 31, 2015
christopher123:
LIGHT YEARS...LOL I LAUGH IN EGBA. OK WE ARE HERE TO MAKE A STATEMENT, RIGHT FROM DEPORTATION AND NOW.

SO STOP LIVING IN PAST. THIS IS PRESENT

SPAIN WAS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF JAPAN, ISRAEL AND CHINA BUT WHAT IS THE POSITION OF CHINA AND TIGER. WELL IF CHINA AND THESE COUNTRY C COUGH THE WORLD CATCH COLD

WELCOME TO THE NEW ORDER

New order my foot.Ibos useless block votes couldn't even save Jonathan.You guys are irrelevant in the scheme of things.
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Ilaje44(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2015
[quote author=nduchucks post=32190714][/quote]

This your theory of Ibo growing more political clouts in Lagos would have had a bit of legitmacy if these seats were won not by the PDP and the Accord party but APGA.

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 31, 2015
Stop this conversation to avoid ethic conflict. Please we are all Nigerian. Let peace reign.
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 31, 2015
I see so much hate and bile in this thread. If we hate ourselves so much like this in this country, why don't we just separate and go our various ways?

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2015
Onegai:

Oghene Egboh is from Urhobo and I voted in Festac. Most Festac (Igbos) people didn't know him and his supporters were Yoruba (and they campaigned for him till that day). His opponent didn't get that kind of support from anyone.

I wouldn't call this Igbo clout just yet. Igbo clout just failed GEJ.

BRO THEY ARE STILL COUNTING THE VOTES PLEASE RELAX. GEJ WILL BE ANNOUNCED WINNER OR THE ELECTION DECLARED INCLONCLUSIVE

THE WINNER IS NOT BASED ON HOW MANY MILLION VOTES THAT YOU WIN BUT HOW MANY STATES THAT YOU WIN SO KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED AND DONT YET DO THE NAMING CEREMONY OF YOUR BABY WHEN YOUR WIFE IS JUST 6 MONTH PREGNANT...AN IGBO ADAGE

IGBO ARE JUST INTRESTED ON HOW THIS WILL GO, WE ARE SERIOUS STAKEHOLDERS IN NIGERIAN AND AFRICAN ECONOMY. WE HAVE TO MAKE SURE ALL THING WORKETH FOR OUR GOOD AND THAT OF SOUTH SOUTH ...I THINK TRIBALISM SHOULD BE SACRIFICED ON THE ALTER OF EQUITY.

TRIBALISM RUINED THIS PLACE CALLED NIGERIA
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:34am On Mar 31, 2015
geniuzio:
I see so much hate and bile in this thread. If we hate ourselves so much like this in this country, why don't we just separate and go our various ways?

they still wont allow us to go, they still wont allow us to win, they still wont allow us to be , they still wont allow us to stay

igbos are just enigma and their nightmare just like jews

they are just confused

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2015
Political awareness of the Igbo is growing in lagos and I attribute it to sidelining of the Igbo by the ruling apc in political appointments, by 2019 the awareness must have gotten into the bone marrows of Igbos in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2015
oduaboy1:
New order my foot.Ibos useless block votes couldn't even save Jonathan.You guys are irrelevant in the scheme of things.

THE WINNER IS NOT BASED ON HOW MANY MILLION VOTES THAT YOU WIN BUT HOW MANY STATES THAT YOU WIN SO KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED AND DONT YET DO THE NAMING CEREMONY OF YOUR BABY WHEN YOUR WIFE IS JUST 6 MONTH PREGNANT...AN IGBO ADAGE
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Political awareness of the Igbo is growing in lagos and I attribute it to sidelining of the Igbo by the ruling apc in political appointments, by 2019 the awareness must have gotten into the bone marrows of Igbos in lagos.

nna m kedu ije, ifukwara ihe na eme, it aint over yet, we are still counting the votes

kedu ?
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by aariwa(m): 9:36am On Mar 31, 2015
stepone:
The Yoruba's saw ur cry abt marginalized Igbo's in Lagos that's why those sluts were left for you to contest. if not, you won't even smell it not to talk of presenting yourself as a candidate. I think they want to bring Nigerians back together irrespective of tribe or ethnicity.
you are right tinubu is a master strategist.you think those people won based on only Igbo votes?no.those are the ones that will tell the ones In the east that buhari's candidacy emerged through the best Democratic process possible in Africa.
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by chidifyn(f): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2015
Waiting for the fishes to be counted n we ll count d sands in the other states #change 2015c

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2015
Onegai:

I wouldn't call this Igbo clout just yet. Igbo clout just failed GEJ. Compare the massive turnout Buhari got in his base to the meagre turnout GET got in what he thought was his power base. GEJ's power lies in Delta (where for example Asaba, Uwvie and Ika boys were willing to rig for him for free ; D )

relax, the result has not be announced

dont be loquacious and obnoxious
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Howmanage: 9:38am On Mar 31, 2015
Igi gogoro maa gun mi l'oju..........

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2015
teniola55:
What are these igbos looking for in Lagos?...Does Lagos resemble their Fatherland?...Time to unpack them back to wherever they germinate from

Time to unpack your hate!

1 Like

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by christopher123(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2015
aariwa:
you are right tinubu is a master strategist.you think those people won based on only Igbo votes?no.those are the ones that will tell the ones In the east that buhari's candidacy emerged through the best Democratic process possible in Africa.

tell that story to the nursery one pupil, just like the story of oduduwa falling from sky...my dear this is the new order so relax and adapt to the situation bro
Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by GentleToks(m): 9:39am On Mar 31, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm sorry sir, but I am simply posting raw news. This does not give you the right to call me a bigot when you don't even know anything about me. You sir are the bigot who got bent out of shape simply because you saw the word "Igbo" in the article. Why do you feel threatened by that?

Sir, the political clout of Igbos in Lagos is growing, whether you like it or not. That is the reality, deal with it.

The same mistake your progenitors made in the North when your progenitors were growing in population, politics and business in Kano before they were caught out.

Before 2015 election or better still before Jonathan tenure, Yorubas have moved on from ethnic/tribal politics.

They never see Igbos as a political threat in their land but having heard and experienced your repulsive utterances and attitude in the last 4 years, trust me, this is end of the road to any Igbo politician in South West.

However, let me quickly refresh your memory as regards what happened in post 1963 election, Yorubas loved and voted for Nnamdi Azikiwe party in Lagos; they didn't see things from tribal perspectives until your progenitors started what you are doing now and that was end of their political relevance in South West.

I remember Yorubas telling you here that Jonathan will not be voted in South west but you all thought it was a joke until you see the result. I am betting you on this, come 2019, the Igbos are gone and none ll be allowed to come back again.

Finally, it's ok to give a minority group a chance as far as politics is concerned in a cosmopolitan city like Lagos just like every other cosmopolitan cities around the world where Nigerians are holding political offices; it would have been absurd for Nigerians to start rubbing their political success and relevance to their hosts'faces; that they are taking over their city. It ll naturally send a red alert to the host community.

This repulsive attitude of Igbos will even cause chaos in developed countries such as: Britain, US, Canada etc

NB, Edo state has always been our brothers and sisters regardless what you Igbos say or do. If you go into Yoruba part of Nollywood, you ll see the likes of Mercy Aigb, Liz, Toyin Aimhaku, Doris etc and these ladies are doing exceptionally well without being discriminated against.....

This is what most Yorubas are doing in South west to some of Igbos who are not financially ok and I guess there are so many stories like mine.....

I never see Igbo as Igbo until I joined Nairaland. We have a tenant called Sunday from Enugu as we chat here, he used to be a businessman who owns a big pharmaceutical store. Thus, things began to change from financial freedom to financial chaos. He couldn't even feed himself and his younger ones from Enugu talk less of paying his house rent. My old yoruba took these people like their own and started treating them like their children even to the point that my girlfriend then couldn't believe that we r not in a way related. However, after one year of not paying a penny, my parents called my attention that Sunday and his younger ones are not paying rent and being fed by them, I told my parents to continue to do what they r doing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. by sinizia: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:
If Yorubas are bigots like you they will not even allow these guys to contest. When will you ever grow up. Lagosians are lagosians. Stop planting tribalism into it.

My sentiments exactly!!

Youbas are the most accomodating tribe in Nigeria. They don't hate the Igbos as Nairaland Bigots from both SE and SW make it seem.

It's only on NL that I see the hate between Igbos and Yorubas. The Yorubas I've met, are accomodating. And I as an Igbo man, have seen my brothers accomodate them too. Don't judge with NL E-wars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo Pays Surprise Visit To El-Rufai In Kaduna (Photo) / 6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak / Bad Road In Sango, Ogun State: Is Your Local Government Chairman Working?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.