Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) (80150 Views)

Dino Melaye, Dangote, Otedola And Saraki Hang Out Together (Photos) / Sanusi And Dangote Visit Governor Ganduje (Photos) / Emir Of Kano, Dangote Visit Saraki Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Jarus(m): 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
mbulela:

Atedo your godfather has learnt a lesson in his old age.
How a man I once respected rubbished himself in the name of ethnicity. Parochial sentiments I never expected from a seemingly intelligent man.

Well, Atedo was and still remains my "professional mentor". That cannot change. He was a fine investment banker that ranks high on corporate governance.

I have never agreed with his political interventions since he became vocal on politics/political economy post-banking career.

So I don't know what you mean.

And let me tell you another Dele Momodu tale: I have not hidden my disagreement with him on his post-banking political leaning and he knows that. I made that known in my book, The Road to VI, where I dedicated a chapter to him, and I finished the chapter with a statement to the effect that I disagree with his style since he started talking on politics. He had read the book and given his feedback.

So the banker Atedo remains my hero, but the political commentator Atedo I never agreed with from day 1.
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by obiak4(m): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2015
boladez:
Im I seeing double is that not Femi Otedola and Dangote that used to follow Jona all over the place? Ha life!

Jona has gone down as the most incompetent president in the history of Nigeria and he will travel the cold , lonely path of rejection till his dying days.......all because of the insincere and unintelligent people he surrounded himself with ...people like Orubebe and these rich Any Government in Power money bags like femi, Dangote etc etc

All human beings should live and learn!
true jona did't do well but he has written his name in GOLD no africa man apart from mandela has willingly give out power FYI he just step into the shoes of mandela which obj lost with his 3rd term ambition
united nation ambarssador for peace he is a model for africa leaders we would not appreciate what he did but the UN and other world organisations would forever treasure Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by anonimi: 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2015
Logician:
I have learnt so many personal lessons from this presidential elections.

Care to share?
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by asha80(m): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2015
oyb:

what i principally remember Otedola for , esp in the obj years was using political influence to jump queue at ports, thereby reducing his demurrage costs. that was when zenon was doing diesel direct and the guy was feeling on top of the world - all that ended with yardua and diesel direct died
have you forgotten that Farouk phone call debacle?
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by mrmetoo1: 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2015
Dangote actually watched the results being announced with GEJ. So basically as soon as he saw him losing, he just left his side... life!!
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Jarus(m): 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2015
mbulela:

Apologies for my typo.
I have modified the post and made myself clearer.
Those guys are GEJ backers through and through.

But they fell out towards the end of last year, or maybe when they saw the handwriting on the wall.
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by mbulela: 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2015
Jarus:

Well, Atedo was and still remains my "professional mentor". That cannot change. He was a fine investment banker that ranks high on corporate governance.

I have never agreed with his political interventions since he became vocal on politics/political economy post-banking career.

So I don't know what you mean.

And let me tell you another Dele Momodu tale: I have not hidden my disagreement with him on his post-banking political leaning and he knows that. I made that known in my book, The Road to VI, where I dedicated a chapter to him, and I finished the chapter with a statement to the effect that I disagree with his style since he started talking on politics. He had read the book and given his feedback.

So the banker Atedo remains my hero, but the political commentator Atedo I never agreed with from day 1.

You and I have said basically the same thing.
On this point we agree.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by bokohalal(m): 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
I hope Buhari's aides are reading this feeds from ordinary Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
jingh:
tribal and religion bigot, what is d next thing to do after buhari don win

1) kill yourself
2) commit suicide
3) delete account
Must ya mention me
I don't want to ve anytin to do wif ya pls
Stay away from ma moniker

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by xreal: 9:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
This may be the end of Monopoly, Fuel subsidy irregularities and all in Nigeria.
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by jingh(f): 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Must ya mention me
I don't want to ve anytin to do wif ya pls
Stay away from ma moniker
fuckerd change your life.
tribalism and fanatical behaviour kill faster than aid
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
asha80:
have you forgotten that Farouk phone call debacle?

i remember that - but this is the issue - everybody must have settled farouk. all these senate enquires are simply shakedowns where you settle or suffer. farouk was simply the conduit for the money. no be chop alone tinz.

Otedola erm did not go to uni [so i've heard] and is not renowned for thinking things through. he is agberoish [ this i have experienced] - directly - zenon house thingz. this is why rather than pay up and keep quiet, he made all that noise. i am saying this because from a business perspective, what he did was incredibly stupid and naive. the senate has always been full of corrupt self servers. the only way anything would have happened to farouk is if he had chopped alone, or he was severely out of favour. all otedola did was what he has always done - make needless enemies. he has had running beefs with at least two of the other people in the picture. remember when he was selling otedola cement?

that is how useless Jona is - when people who have had bitter fueds team up to take him out
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by mbulela: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2015
xreal:
This may be the end of Monopoly, Fuel subsidy irregularities and all in Nigeria.
Let's dilute our expectations with some reality.
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by akinboyepelumi1: 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
The thieves are here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Rendition(m): 10:19pm On Mar 31, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Sai Nigeria
lmfaooooooo how market
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by mbulela: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2015
Jarus:

But they fell out towards the end of last year, or maybe when they saw the handwriting on the wall.

On an unrelated note, call your friend Simon and tell him to get ready to occupy the former seat of his Egbon Segun :-)
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by synergycom19: 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
MAYOWAAK:
Now now..Otedola don realign.
Who wants to identify with a failure
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by symbian03(m): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
Logician:
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Jarus(m): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
mbulela:

On an unrelated note, call your friend Simon and tell him to get ready to occupy the former seat of his Egbon Segun :-)

I doubt it. But let me go and tease him sir.
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by mbulela: 10:27pm On Mar 31, 2015
Jarus:

I doubt it. But let me go and tease him sir.
His Egbon said the same thing before he started licking oil.
Tell him that i said the case is slightly different here; he has adored the general for most of his adult life. Not damascus converts like Egbon Segun and ogbeni Reuben grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by MoneyGreen(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2015
Fourcade:
Put on your fake smiles and show the world how strong you are of holding the pain inside.

We understand you guys perfectly. . . grin
grin
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by LastProphet: 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2015
boladez:
Im I seeing double is that not Femi Otedola and Dangote that used to follow Jona all over the place? Ha life!

Jona has gone down as the most incompetent president in the history of Nigeria and he will travel the cold , lonely path of rejection till his dying days.......all because of the insincere and unintelligent people he surrounded himself with ...people like Orubebe and these rich Any Government in Power money bags like femi, Dangote etc etc

All human beings should live and learn!

Well spoken but lets understand one point that GEJ was matured in conceding without some unnecessary fight which I know most of his dumb advisers were advising as usual. He has done his own part and now we must let him retire in peace. Please no more insults for him or denigrating remarks as his last act is more or less seeming like a honourable one. Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Jarus(m): 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2015
mbulela:

His Egbon said the same thing before he started licking oil.
Tell him that i said the case is slightly different here; he has adored the general for most of his adult life. Not damascus converts like Egbon Segun and ogbeni Reuben grin

He stood his ground. He said he would never take it. That politics/government is just not his path.
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
iyatrustee:
The village witch wey do that Ameachi's deputy that dumped APC wicked angry angry
As iiiiiiiin! The man no smart at all. Ondo deputy wey get sense quickly port sharp sharp!
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

Lol i swear e go just dey wish say na inside dream he decamp
Phahahahahahaha @ inside dream he decamp. An unwise decision he took!
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2015
mbulela:

There should be a law in National assembly banning that woman from aso rock. Her own too much.
I don't want Mrs Aisha Buhari associating herself with her. She should choose her caucus wisely.
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:34pm On Mar 31, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Phahahahahahaha @ inside dream he decamp. An unwise decision he took!

Very very unwise. Why arent u slpn
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Guk: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
Jarus:
They all supported Buhari.

Wale Tinubu, Dangote, Femi Otedola only played their card to their chest.

I was having a chat with someone closed to them and he revealed all that far back February.

Femi Otedola was once going round his office and asking his staff who they will vote for. Knowing him to be GEJ's friend and in other not to offend his Oga, he said he would vote for GEJ. Femi scolded the guy.

Wale Tinubu openly supported Buhari. He provided the Private Jet that Buhari used for his entire campaign,,,,thats why Muazu and Okupe accussed Wale Tinubu of causing Petrol scarcity a few weeks ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by eldoradoxx: 11:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
Logician:
One of the lessons is that no one should give up on his dreams even if the whole world says No. In 2003, Buhari contested with late Chuba Okadigbo against Obasanjo, he lost woefully. He tried in 2007 with Mike Ahamba against Yar Adua /Jonathan. He lost woefully. In 2011, Jonathan beat him mercilessly and he broke down and wept. He only wept for Nigeria but didn't give up on his dreams. 2015 against same Jonathan, he crushes Jonathan.
Another lesson is this, when the struggle takes it toll on you, nobody recognizes you, you must conquer to be recognized. ,Dangote and Otedola just paid their last visit to Jonathan. They recognize power has changed hand.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:12am On Apr 01, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

Very very unwise. Why arent u slpn
Waiting for the final announcement by J-E-G-A. It's taking time; I'm off to bed jare. Congrats to all Nigerians! WE DID IT together!!!
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by BankManager(m): 12:16am On Apr 01, 2015
Seems as if the "fuel subsidy guys" are in a
mad rush to see Buhari. Personalities
change, not interests..
Re: Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) by Keketu(m): 7:25am On Apr 01, 2015
ggrin:
We marching on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aso rock here we come cool
you and who? simple cleaner toilet job you are not fit sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Peeping Through Behind Sani Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.