Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (266073 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:
@ edwife, you can't compare the servings of sugar in fruits to the servings in coca-cola. Coco cola is nothing but refined sugar. Bad, bad and bad. It's sugar in it's worst form.

In fruits, however, the sugar is getting balanced out by fiber, protein sometimes, vitamins, potassium, etc.

Fruits are very essential. They are a good source of simple carbs. It's a balanced food, unlike coco-cola and fruit juice. Healthy sugar can't be compared to refined sugar.

And, butter is the worst form of fat there is. It's contains mostly trans-fat and saturated fat, the worst kind of fats. It's always good to find foods that has mono-unsaturated or poly-unsaturated fat. Foods like avocado, extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil etc. Basically, plant based oil.

You get enough cholesterol and bad fats from animal meat already, there's no need adding extra to your meals.

You wonder why vegetarians live a long and healthy life? cheesy

I've got to agree with you on this.

There was a program on tv a few weeks ago about how bad processed sugar really can be for us as per the energy contained in it and its sugar consumers not burning up all that excess energy.

Didn't watch the whole program to the end, but there was a bit where sugar was extracted from the Sugar Cane plant, stripped of all its fibres, etc. This sugar was then refined to the pure sugar we get sold to / use for our coffees, teas, desserts, etc. Anyway a little teaspoon of this sugar was sucked into a tube and then blown out at the other end onto a small fire...

The transformation was something else. It was like a mini explosion! And to think all that energy from just one miserly teaspoon of sugar? Then when you stop to think about the amount of pure sugar that goes into your average muffins, chocolates, fizzy drinks...??

Ah! You'll almost swear not to touch that stuff. So yes, sugar from fruits is a lot, lot better than what you get from processed fruit drinks / fizzy drinks / pop. But even then, one's still got to go easy on the fruits. Spread them out and not too much at once.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Evina you should be here. tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by haduwa(f): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Supper (Okra Soup), I take it as a main dish. Very filling too..

7 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I've got to agree with you on this.

There was a program on tv a few weeks ago about how bad processed sugar really can be for us as per the energy contained in it and its sugar consumers not burning up all that excess energy.

Didn't watch the whole program to the end, but there was a bit where sugar was extracted from the Sugar Cane plant, stripped of all its fibres, etc. This sugar was then refined to the pure sugar we get sold to / use for our coffees, teas, desserts, etc. Anyway a little teaspoon of this sugar was sucked into a tube and then blown out at the other end onto a small fire...

The transformation was something else. It was like a mini explosion! And to think all that energy from just one miserly teaspoon of sugar? Then when you stop to think about the amount of pure sugar that goes into your average muffins, chocolates, fizzy drinks...??

Ah! You'll almost swear not to touch that stuff. So yes, sugar from fruits is a lot, lot better than what you get from processed fruit drinks / fizzy drinks / pop. But even then, one's still got to go easy on the fruits. Spread them out and not too much at once.

Those drinks are something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZp29Qeu8_U

Pls watch that short video. I never looked back after I saw that. Haven had coco-cola and co in a year; I never will.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
My new found snack (in the spirit of moving away from fried meals)

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:
Who here knows how to swim?
That's one I my goals this summer; learn swimming. It's embarrassing when I go to a beach or pool and I can only play with the water.... and pose for pictures. embarassed

First thing.
Go natural or wear braids.

With weaves on, you are long on a ride.
Without weaves you date your self.

Sort out the hair, then the rest follows wink
I'm not professional but I'm good for survival .
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by haduwa(f): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
I used to hate salads, but now I can't seem to get enough, and I take most of my fruits as smootie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
haduwa:
Supper (Okra Soup), I take it as a main dish. Very filling too..

This soup calling me.
Nice
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! Words of wisdom there Chilli.

But yes, I find that these days, I eat smaller portions and try to make sure they're as healthy and fresh as can be. No processed stuff and I drink lots and lots and lots of water to hydrate my skin. Anyway, I missed brekki, cos of my having a late lie-in + doing my workouts later...

Cornflakes with skimmed milk (and not a grain of sugar), cucumber slices, and an apple. kiss kiss

I will be like you when I grow up.

I'm still having my chocalatine and tea for breakfast. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
This is food!
@ haduwa,i hail kiss

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by haduwa(f): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

This soup calling me.
Nice

Hahaha cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by haduwa(f): 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Some days I try to "Zigzag" my calorie intake,those days that you don't care the amount of calorie taken.

Brown Rice & Pepper Soup. wink

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by haduwa(f): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Vegetable Soup as a main dish. Most times as early supper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

That's one I my goals this summer; learn swimming. It's embarrassing when I go to a beach or pool and I can only play with the water.... and pose for pictures. embarassed

I do.

Since the age of 17. Learnt at the swimming pools in our housing estate back in Naija. Oh those school holidays before and after JAMB. The pool side was one of the happening places to be. So many fit guys eager to teach ladies how to swim. cheesy cheesy

Used to go there with my aunt when she was off duty. My chaperone. smiley smiley

Sigh...
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Nah, I'd rather stick with my jogging.

Speaking of which, I think the muscle / tendon or whatever it was I pulled seems to have healed nicely. After nearly two weeks off, I went a-jogging today. Managed to do 5 laps (7.5 miles) for 1hr 20 mins without stopping at all. So you see, I'm easing back into my routine gently. Hopefully, before long, I'll be able to get back to my 7 laps pre-injury...

And before that, I did one hour's worth of intensive Cardio exercises in my back garden. So a total of 2hrs 20mins exercising today. I'll do my sit-ups and lower abdominal exercises in the evening when Mr Temptation a.k.a food cravings starts to creep in. I love this lady! For now, I'm only able to handle 31/2 out of her recommend 5 exercises. The last one in that video is toughest for me. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7u_sdYNS_k
U get injury before? shocked
I don't know o.
Sorry o and I'm happy u r better.

There is this thing I usually suffer from.
When preggy, my right leg will be paining and itching me inside at my ankle and upper feet.
Heard it's the sciatic vein wahala.
After preggy, it continued.
When I started running on treadmill,i noticed a change as it d pain and itching is reducing.
At times I don't remember it for two days.

One of the benefits of exercise. Funny enuf,it has started again. Once u wanna retire for the night,it will start.
So I need this exercise more than all of u tongue
Will love to start going to gym but no space at all.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

I will be like you when I grow up.

I'm still having my chocalatine and tea for breakfast. cheesy

Lol!
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
moca:

U get injury before? shocked
I don't know o.
Sorry o and I'm happy u r better.

There is this thing I usually suffer from.
When preggy, my right leg will be paining and itching me inside at my ankle and upper feet.
Heard it's the sciatic vein wahala.
After preggy, it continued.
When I started running on treadmill,i noticed a change as it d pain and itching is reducing.
At times I don't remember it for two days.

One of the benefits of exercise. Funny enuf,it has started again. Once u wanna retire for the night,it will start.
So I need this exercise more than all of u tongue
Will love to start going to gym but no space at all.

Thanks dear.

I can't stand gyms. I really can't. I prefer exercising out in the open.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

I'm a good swimmer. I leant in 2006 and I was taught just once. Till today I can't say how I became this good.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
Sweet corn and ketchup with sweet potatoes and grilled chicken.......

Abeg I'm I on the right path? sad

Been meaning to respond to this.

Yep, you're on the right path. Minus the ketchup.

Here's an extract I got. Can't post the link because I don't want the spambot to get me today.

Just one tablespoon of commercially prepared ketchup typically contains four grams of sugar. And many people consume much more than one tablespoon at a time, which quickly builds up your daily sugar load. Like ketchup, sugar (especially HFCS) is added to nearly all processed foods, along with a lot of sodium and other flavor enhancers, and it doesn’t take too long to exceed your maximum daily fructose limit (25 grams or less).

It's a lot better if you make it yourself, rather than buy the heavily processed ones where the tomatoes used have been over cooked.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Here's an extract I got. Can't post the link because I don't want the spambot to get me today.

Just one tablespoon of commercially prepared ketchup typically contains four grams of sugar. And many people consume much more than one tablespoon at a time, which quickly builds up your daily sugar load. Like ketchup, sugar (especially HFCS) is added to nearly all processed foods, along with a lot of sodium and other flavor enhancers, and it doesn’t take too long to exceed your maximum daily fructose limit (25 grams or less).

It's a lot better if you make it yourself, rather than buy the heavily processed ones where the tomatoes used have been over cooked.
Thanks ma'am. How do I make it myself?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thanks for this. I was going to reply Herz yesterday about the ketchup but I didn't want to do oversabi. lipsrsealed

So most people here can swim... Not bad at all.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

Thanks for this. I was going to reply Herz yesterday about the ketchup but I didn't want to do oversabi. lipsrsealed

sad cry cry

I wanted to know that was why I threw the question open to everybody. There is no oversabi here ma'am. sad
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
Thanks ma'am. How do I make it myself?

I wouldn't know oh!

Never made it myself but it should be do-able. I'm sure there's something on youtube about this...

BABE3:

Nah, you're okay.

We're all here to learn. smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Menh., this ass strong oh. cheesy grin
Like the toned body .

Edwife, I have stolen the thing. Saw it under her bed. Putting it in my car right now. She will see it after one month. grin

Lol at least two months grin,buckle up because you will start experiencing muscle pain,especially you arms but that's all good because in no time they will go away.

Goodluck kiss

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
sad cry cry

I wanted to know that was why I threw the question open to everybody. There is no oversabi here ma'am. sad

No vex. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Evina(f): 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
Evina you should be here. tongue

I'm here. smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
I can't swim lipsrsealed
Haven't tried a bit.
Will learn maybe next yr.(all things being equal)
Wonderful way to burn calories and tone ur muscle
If one can swim like one hour 3 times a week, no need doing any other exercise.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

No vex. cheesy
No o lol.

@Evina come and learn how to reduce more so your size 6 gown will fit you well next month. wink
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

Those drinks are something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZp29Qeu8_U

Pls watch that short video. I never looked back after I saw that. Haven had coco-cola and co in a year; I never will.

Now that was absolutely disgusting.

It's just too bad that the stuff is addictive though. Thank goodness for my 1 litre of water consumed (each) in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Evina(f): 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
No o lol.

@Evina come and learn how to reduce more so your size 6 gown will fit you well next month. wink

Babe, hmmmm. I am such a foodie embarassed I do intense cardiovascular based workout then find myself eating all them high calorie food. embarassed the thing dey tire me. Lol.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Evina:

Babe, hmmmm. I am such a foodie embarassed I do intense cardiovascular based workout then find myself eating all them high calorie food. embarassed the thing dey tire me. Lol.
Lol.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Cooking Stew with hand chopped tomatoes and red peppers plus curry leaves

Wait till I serve it
Everything will be healthy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.