Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (265706 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:21am On Apr 03, 2015
edwife:

The best way for me to have my fruits intake is by taking them as a whole. A banana and an orange or pears with cherries etc.....

Wasn't that what we all posted? Whole fruits?

edwife:

every good chef on TV always use butter for their meals,always!

A good chef using an ingredient doesn't mean it's healthy. Good chefs make great tasting meals; they don't necessarily care if it's healthy or not. Gordon rAmsey owns one of the best burger joints in Vegas. He can make a mean burger. That makes his burgers healthy? No. Italian chefs makes amazing pasta and pizza dishes. Those dishes aren't they healthiest on the block, either.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:25am On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

Here's the trick about abs.

You build your abs in the kitchen. It's that simple.

Everyone has abs. You abs have always been there. They're just covered by layers of fats. For the abs to show, you have to burn the fat covering them. That's why you see some people do 1000 crunches and sit-ups and still no abs to show for it. Crunches and sit-ups only strengthen the ab muscles; they don't burn the fat layer off to reveal your beautiful abs.

So,
1) you need to eat healthy to stop adding more layers of fats on the abs. Eat the right amount of carbs.

2) you need cardio exercises. Cardio burns of fats in all areas, most especially the tummy. Cardio burns more fat than weight lifting.

Cardio like the one I wrote for efe are more effective that long boring hours on treadmills.

- sprinting (wonder why all those sprinters have crazy abs)
- jump squats
- burpees
- mountain climbers.
- fast squats with weight are all good forms of cardio.

P.S; I write from personal experience. wink

chillisauce you reckon what i told you? CARDIO! You can never go wrong with that girl,never.

I actually build my abs by staying active most of the time.Around my house i always have one or two things to do grin,i don't wait for anyone to clean when i can use it for my benefit.Movements of muscle is very important,i hate being lazy!

That's why after a long day out or inside the house,i relax with a nice movie wink....
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:26am On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

Wasn't that what we all posted? Whole fruits?

I saw smoothies sad
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:29am On Apr 03, 2015
edwife:

I saw smoothies sad

Lol. They blended whole fruits na. And I think they added milk
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:31am On Apr 03, 2015
edwife:

chillisauce you reckon what i told you? CARDIO! You can never go wrong with that girl,never.

I actually build my abs by staying active most of the time.Around my house i always have one or two things to do grin,i don't wait for anyone to clean when i can use it for my benefit.Movements of muscle is very important,i hate being lazy!

That's why after a long day out or inside the house,i relax with a nice movie wink....

You right on the money.
You have to stay active to burn those stubborn fats.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 03, 2015
edwife:

I saw smoothies sad

Edwife and babe3. It's small small N'a.

I don't normally eat fruits . But I'm trying na tongue.
After smoothie, I will gradually transition. Ok let's see if I will start from today embarassed

Ermm. For the abs. I like hiking. A little of jogging. This sqwat and burpee no go break mm y waist so grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:34am On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

Lol. They blended whole fruits na. And I think they added milk

Well i read differently from this expert: "Despite the popularity of smoothies, there’s surprisingly little research about the effects of smoothie fruit on the body versus whole fruit. But Robert Lustig, MD, professor of pediatrics at University of California, San Francisco, and author of Fat Chance: The Bitter Truth About Sugar, thinks smoothies are a no-no. “The blades destroy the insoluble fiber, which means that the ‘gel’ that forms on the inside of the intestine has no structure,” he says. “The sugar is absorbed at a maximal rate, overwhelming the liver’s capacity to metabolize the sugar, and the excess sugar is turned into liver fat which is the precursor to metabolic syndrome.”

There is a difference between whole fruits and smoothies.
"There is research to show that if you take exactly the same energy as a liquid instead of a solid, you will consume more calories later because the liquefied energy doesn't satisfy your appetite as well as the solid food. In addition, you may be changing the rate and effect of nutrient digestion in important ways. We know that for some food, like rice, if you mechanically turn it into a slurry prior to consuming it, your body reacts with a significantly sharper and faster spike in blood sugar"

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:36am On Apr 03, 2015
edwife:

Well i read differently from this expert: "Despite the popularity of smoothies, there’s surprisingly little research about the effects of smoothie fruit on the body versus whole fruit. But Robert Lustig, MD, professor of pediatrics at University of California, San Francisco, and author of Fat Chance: The Bitter Truth About Sugar, thinks smoothies are a no-no. “The blades destroy the insoluble fiber, which means that the ‘gel’ that forms on the inside of the intestine has no structure,” he says. “The sugar is absorbed at a maximal rate, overwhelming the liver’s capacity to metabolize the sugar, and the excess sugar is turned into liver fat which is the precursor to metabolic syndrome.”

There is a difference between whole fruits and smoothies.
"There is research to show that if you take exactly the same energy as a liquid instead of a solid, you will consume more calories later because the liquefied energy doesn't satisfy your appetite as well as the solid food. In addition, you may be changing the rate and effect of nutrient digestion in important ways. We know that for some food, like rice, if you mechanically turn it into a slurry prior to consuming it, your body reacts with a significantly sharper and faster spike in blood sugar"

That's a new one.

I've always wonder when I blend my fruits if I'm doing any damage. Hmm.

I work out twice a day though, I need my sugars, I think I'm safe? lipsrsealed
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Edwife and babe3. It's small small N'a.

I don't normally eat fruits . But I'm trying na tongue.
After smoothie, I will gradually transition. Ok let's see if I will start from today embarassed

Ermm. For the abs. I like hiking. A little of jogging. This sqwat and burpee no go break mm y waist so grin

Lol,i started doing the jillian's works out...meh my muscles are working grin grin right through the 25 min then i stopped.

try buy this chilli,it helps a lot....
The best accessory in my room for now wink apart from my bed of course tongue
**modified**
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:43am On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

That's a new one.

I've always wonder when I blend my fruits if I'm doing any damage. Hmm.

I work out twice a day though, I need my sugars, I think I'm safe? lipsrsealed

You're safe as long as you work out grin,that's why i always recommend a balance diet...a little bit of that here and there et voila!
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 03, 2015
edwife:

Lol,i started doing the jillian's works out...meh my muscles are working grin grin right trough the 25 min then i stopped.
try buy this chilli,it helps a lot....
The best accessory in my room for now wink apart from my bed of course tongue

My mil has that. She doesn't even use it. I will go steal it . cheesy

Though I have some other things in the gym room. Can cycling help.? I love cycling weekends. I can go more than an hour.

This six packs must appear by summer. I no wan carry last abeg
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Though I have some other things in the gym room. Can cycling help.? I love cycling weekends. I can go more than an hour.

grin grin grin go and steal it dear,you will holla at me when your six packs appear... grin.
cycling is good too but its only improve muscle tone in the areas of your legs, butt and stomach."Cycling doesn't use your abdominal muscles as a prime mover. Instead it uses your abs as a stabilising muscle as part of the movement. Your abdominal muscles form part of the body's core muscle unit and these provide a stable platform for riding which allows you to use your upper body for support and smooth steering".

So i will recommend you do more cardio to achieve that then you can go with cycling to help tone them and keep them in check.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Empiree: 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
zemaye:

Oga Empire bawoni even you dey feel the heat here!!!!
I de my brother. I was actually going to post my plate (nice dish) in response to someone who made comment that he's tired of stew etc to try different recipe. but I can't find the link on my pc. Too bad. I love cooking for sure. I wont allow woman to cook for me. I cook for them. grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by zemaye: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Empiree:
I de my brother. I was actually going to post my plate (nice dish) in response to someone who made comment that he's tired of stew etc to try different recipe. but I can't find the link on my pc. Too bad. I love cooking for sure. I wont allow woman to cook for me. I cook for them. grin
You dey single make I send my single sisters your way grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Akposy(m): 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

There won't be enjoyment if you don't go thru suffering. cheesy
You appreciate things when you have tasted the worst side of it.

As per these foods. We don't want to wait until we are 55yrs and our doctor will tell us not to eat so many kinds of foods because of one disease or another.

So we start now to avoid these sicknesses and also make this healthy meals part of us. Have you heard of the phrase practise makes perfect. We keep practising our taste buds until it adjusts.

Change is here. Grab it fast.

Look at efemenaxy and babe3 are almost at the phase of enjoyment. I'm sure if you give them banga now they won't enjoy it as they used to. Because their priorities have changed.

just like exercising, you have to keep practising until you start enjoying it.

Good for your overall health.
Now Akposy. Start eating healthy tongue
Good!!! Keep it up
as for me, am still young....lemme eat all d carbs and candy first...i wld adjust later
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
@BABE3, come and recommend a fitting exercise for me.

I can't and will never do anything that will stress my neck, especially back neck.
I don't know how to do push up.
I lv cardio a lot.

Is strength training good for women?

Men, im afraid o!
I know when I usually add so much.
I want to avoid it if I can.
Babe3,where r u?

My mummy told me I will add o but I never believed her cos I was like Sanusi.

And I seriously want to burn torns of fat.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by lufizzkids(f): 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hello everyone on this thread.I found it yesterday and I am glad a healthy eating thread is finally here.
Cc
Chillisauce
Cococandy
Efemenaxy
Herzumpther, etc.

I want to use this opportunity to introduce a range of cookware that enables one to cook without oil.Its been proven to retain over 90% of nutrients and a host of other benefits.Typically I do a Free demo of three course menu for anyone interested so that you can really see for yourself.
Anyone interested in a Free lunch or dinner demo can pm or send a mail.
Thank u
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Empiree: 2:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lool, how i wish. I can only cope with muslima and practicing. I do have fiance but nothing is promising as of yet.
zemaye:

You dey single make I send my single sisters your way grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
moca:
@BABE3, come and recommend a fitting exercise for me.

I can't and will never do anything that will stress my neck, especially back neck.
I don't know how to do push up.
I lv cardio a lot.

Is strength training good for women?

Men, im afraid o!
I know when I usually add so much.
I want to avoid it if I can.
Babe3,where r u?

My mummy told me I will add o but I never believed her cos I was like Sanusi.

And I seriously want to burn torns of fat.

Since your goal is weight loss, a good diet and cardio is what you need.

If you want to take your body to another level, strength training comes in handy.
ST is good for women. Don't let those female body builders' pictures fool you. Those ones are on steroids.

Women don't produce as much testosterone as men so ST won't make you look like a man or bulky. It will only make you toned and fit.

here are pictures of everyday women that strength train;

1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
@ moca, what is your current diet like, and how many times a week are you comfortable working out?

Chillisauce, I hope I'm not derailing ....

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:
@ moca, what is your current diet like, and how many times a week are you comfortable working out?

Chillisauce, I hope I'm not derailing ....

Menh., this ass strong oh. cheesy grin
Like the toned body .

Edwife, I have stolen the thing. Saw it under her bed. Putting it in my car right now. She will see it after one month. grin

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
lufizzkids:
Hello everyone on this thread.I found it yesterday and I am glad a healthy eating thread is finally here.
Cc
Chillisauce
Cococandy
Efemenaxy
Herzumpther, etc.

I want to use this opportunity to introduce a range of cookware that enables one to cook without oil.Its been proven to retain over 90% of nutrients and a host of other benefits.Typically I do a Free demo of three course menu for anyone interested so that you can really see for yourself.
Anyone interested in a Free lunch or dinner demo can pm or send a mail.
Thank u

Thanks dear.

Actifry
Oven
Etc.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
moca:
Jillian Micheal is a crazy woman cheesy
Abeg,i will pass.
I once downloaded insanity workout plan.
How can one do those things? sad shocked
I jump and pass too cheesy

Efe,go for elliptical.
U will love it.

Nah, I'd rather stick with my jogging.

Speaking of which, I think the muscle / tendon or whatever it was I pulled seems to have healed nicely. After nearly two weeks off, I went a-jogging today. Managed to do 5 laps (7.5 miles) for 1hr 20 mins without stopping at all. So you see, I'm easing back into my routine gently. Hopefully, before long, I'll be able to get back to my 7 laps pre-injury...

And before that, I did one hour's worth of intensive Cardio exercises in my back garden. So a total of 2hrs 20mins exercising today. I'll do my sit-ups and lower abdominal exercises in the evening when Mr Temptation a.k.a food cravings starts to creep in. I love this lady! For now, I'm only able to handle 31/2 out of her recommend 5 exercises. The last one in that video is toughest for me. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7u_sdYNS_k
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

There won't be enjoyment if you don't go thru suffering. cheesy
You appreciate things when you have tasted the worst side of it.

As per these foods. We don't want to wait until we are 55yrs and our doctor will tell us not to eat so many kinds of foods because of one disease or another.

So we start now to avoid these sicknesses and also make this healthy meals part of us. Have you heard of the phrase practise makes perfect. We keep practising our taste buds until it adjusts.

Change is here. Grab it fast.

Look at efemenaxy and babe3 are almost at the phase of enjoyment. I'm sure if you give them banga now they won't enjoy it as they used to. Because their priorities have changed.

just like exercising, you have to keep practising until you start enjoying it.

Good for your overall health.
Now Akposy. Start eating healthy tongue

Lol! Words of wisdom there Chilli.

But yes, I find that these days, I eat smaller portions and try to make sure they're as healthy and fresh as can be. No processed stuff and I drink lots and lots and lots of water to hydrate my skin. Anyway, I missed brekki, cos of my having a late lie-in + doing my workouts later...

Cornflakes with skimmed milk (and not a grain of sugar), cucumber slices, and an apple. kiss kiss

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

Since your goal is weight loss, a good diet and cardio is what you need.

If you want to take your body to another level, strength training comes in handy.
ST is good for women. Don't let those female body builders' pictures fool you. Those ones are on steroids.

Women don't produce as much testosterone as men so ST won't make you look like a man or bulky. It will only make you toned and fit.

here are pictures of everyday women that strength train;

Babe, not now.
I eat anything I can for now.
I mean after delivery cos I tend to shot up real fast after giving birth. cheesy
I want to be mentally prepared and guided too.

I'm an advocate of good food and healthy living.
Just good exercise regime so I will start doing them in my mind b4 the time cheesy tongue
Thanks dear.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mashed potatoes.

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by haduwa(f): 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hello Ladies (waves), been following the other thread regarding posting meal pictures, but I will like to follow this more. Been trying to lose a few pounds and finally am done, just trying to maintain my current weight.

Here are some meals I ate & still eating, it's more like a life style now.

I count alot of my calories, and it been working so far..

I shall be posting few pictures also..

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
cococandy:
Wow. Sounds nice.
Can I use another kind of fish?
I can't say. I leant it on DSTV food station.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by haduwa(f): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Omelette ( 1 egg, (green, red & yellow capsicum), 2 lean sausages, 1 spoon of virgin Olive oil)

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
moca:

Babe, not now.
I eat anything I can for now.
I mean after delivery cos I tend to shot up real fast after giving birth. cheesy
I want to be mentally prepared and guided too.

I'm an advocate of good food and healthy living.
Just good exercise regime so I will start doing them in my mind b4 the time cheesy tongue
Thanks dear.

Ohhhh. This is good news. Heeee. cheesy
Congratulations!

Cardio.

Anything from sprinting, jogging, cycling, burpees, swimming (this is a good one)...

When you're fully fully ready, PM me, so I can get really specific. But for now, know what you'll be doing those exercises I listed above and other ones.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Who here knows how to swim?

That's one I my goals this summer; learn swimming. It's embarrassing when I go to a beach or pool and I can only play with the water.... and pose for pictures. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.