Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,868 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (265755 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 8:34pm On May 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Hehe! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, my sister. cheesy wink

I am telling you, me and green tea are best friends now.No more coffee.

You this French lady.

Don't tell me you ate that crab ALIVE??!! shocked shocked

But Eddy, what's that long brown thing beside the crab in the first pic?

And the brown liquid I the second pic?

gringrin
I didn't eat it alive na, it was well cooked. Seaweed,oysters, langoustines and prawns. tongue

I promise you,it's yummy with some vin blanc. wink

Missed you by the way, hope you cool?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:23pm On May 15, 2016
^^ Yeah. Been busy of late.

Miss you too dear. kiss kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 9:24pm On May 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:
^^ Yeah. Been busy of late.

Miss you too dear. kiss kiss

kiss kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 1:01pm On May 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

That is eh, the one that dealt with me last night plus this one again today nor get part two. cry cry cry

I don't really do flowers but spent a mini fortune doing up my back and front gardens. Apart from my single rose bush which hasn't flowered yet, it's all turf. Spent nearly two hours last night watering my lawns and now I'm paying for it - sneezing, itchy watery eyes, sniffles...arrrghhh!!

shocked shocked

You very, very, "bad" girl. cheesy cheesy

Abeg make una free me jor! grin grin grin

My packed lunch for the next two weeks: beans porridge cooked with Irish potatoes, tomatoes, pepper, onions, crayfish (and definitely NO palm oil); green veg, sweet corn, and carrots. smiley

Happy Sunday ladies! kiss kiss kiss

Your meal prep looks absolutely yum.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 1:02pm On May 16, 2016
armyofone:
Dami, you tried with the packaging. I just wash my cucumber, wrap it with paper towel and off I go chewing it in the car. By the time I'm done flying the freeway, one cucumber gone and I'm in the parking lots.
The only funny thing is when there is traffic and a strong hefty cucumber is taking a stand in my mouth...
No be green prick, it's cucumber.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You this people will not kee me.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 1:04pm On May 16, 2016
Chillisauce:

God. I remember then I always see cucumber on EfemenaXY plates. I went to charter 3 of it. Ate one for 1 week. Forgot about the other two. Cleaning up the fridge and saw the things there. I trashed the gaddam thing.
The funny thing is you can't even add pepper sauce to it. And I alwasy forget to put in my salads.

I will keep trying .

I now love cucumbers. And my kids love them too so so that my plate is identical to what goes in my sons packed lunch as well.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:56pm On May 16, 2016
damiso:

Your meal prep looks absolutely yum.

Thanks Damiso.

@ Edwife & Damiso, I tried that una green tea today at a meeting. It was absolutely bleerrghh!!! lipsrsealed sad

How can you two drink that stuff? Anyway, I had a double blueberry muffin to rid the taste from my tongue cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 6:21pm On May 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Thanks Damiso.

@ Edwife & Damiso, I tried that una green tea today at a meeting. It was absolutely bleerrghh!!! lipsrsealed sad

How can you two drink that stuff? Anyway, I had a double blueberry muffin to rid the taste from my tongue cheesy

Efe the tea is nice, i do add honey dear. cheesy It just like lipton. tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 7:54pm On May 16, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Thanks Damiso.

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin but why Efe sad just when I was thinking of trying it too
Now I don't dare
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 7:54pm On May 16, 2016
Chillisauce:

God. I remember then I always see cucumber on EfemenaXY plates. I went to charter 3 of it. Ate one for 1 week. Forgot about the other two. Cleaning up the fridge and saw the things there. I trashed the gaddam thing.
The funny thing is you can't even add pepper sauce to it. And I alwasy forget to put in my salads.

I will keep trying .

Or use peanut butter.
I guess that's not very healthy.

My DH went and got a trainer for me. Na so the woman always on my neck to give her my daily food catalogue at the end of the week.
In the space for snack she will always see
White cake
Banana bread
Cookies and creme grin

I don't even know when I developed such sweet tongue. I can tell she's about to give up on me.

You'd think I'd know better. Having taken nutrition classes and all that. Or maybe it's because my friends keep complimenting me that I look great for someone who just had a baby.

I know what to do but no discipline for now.

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 11:02am On May 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Thanks Damiso.

It does taking a bit of getting used to grin grin

I drink it with a bit of honey like Edwife said and these days I even drink the decaff cos I noticed I started having migraines again( quite high in caffeine as well).

I used to have about 4 cups a day while still actively trying to lose weight.But now I have about 2 a day and sometimes mix it up with other decaff variants ie fennel,mint,rooibos,lemon,cinnamon and ginger etc

I do love my teas smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 11:04am On May 17, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin but why Efe sad just when I was thinking of trying it too
Now I don't dare

Its not that bad try it joor. cheesy

Maybe because I am now so used to it I cant even see the difference with black tea anymore.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 3:45pm On May 17, 2016
damiso:

Its not that bad try it joor. cheesy

Maybe because I am now so used to it I cant even see the difference with black tea anymore.

Hmnnnnnnnn you know I'm not a veteran like you tongue

My mum has also been encouraging me to try it, I will try it sha smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 9:40pm On May 17, 2016
Lmao @ Efe and Damiso.

Today, I'm so craving scent leaf and nig spinach soup.
Looks like it will cost about 120 dollars to get scent leaf posted to me... shocked
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Evalily(f): 5:05pm On May 19, 2016
Am conscious of what I eat and even though my weight tends to fluctuate now and then because I am not consistent with my work-out and I

cheat-diet (sometimes its not easy to overcome the temptation of Nigeria calories-loaded cuisine).

Reading thru this thread has given me the right motivation and inspiration I need to work towards a healthy body weight, from on its clean and green eating.

Kudos to all the ladies on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 19, 2016
cococandy:

Or use peanut butter.

My DH went and got a trainer for me. Na so the woman always on my neck to give her my daily food catalogue at the end of the week.
White cake
Banana bread
Cookies and creme grin

I don't even know when I developed such sweet tongue. I can tell she's about to give up on me.

You'd think I'd know better. Having taken nutrition classes and all that. Or maybe it's because my friends keep complimenting me that I look great for someone who just had a baby.

Hian . Personal trainer. No be small thing.

Just cook good foods only weekends. The week days, eat lots of salads and oven baked fish. Watch the weight drop. Wire the ego to me later
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 11:56am On May 20, 2016
Chillisauce:

Hian . Personal trainer. No be small thing.

Just cook good foods only weekends. The week days, eat lots of salads and oven baked fish. Watch the weight drop. Wire the ego to me later
cheesy
But she's very good. She's helping me work on my discipline and targeting specific muscles to train.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 20, 2016
Got this from God knows where.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 20, 2016
armyofone:
Lmao @ Efe and Damiso.

Looks like it will cost about 120 dollars to get scent leaf posted to me... shocked

Okay...I had to come in like a knightelle in shining armour to save those pretty dollars...and their equally pretty owner I believe cheesy tongue
Go to a shop.....to the vegetable section, where you have small fresh green veggies like parsley, oregano, mint, coriander? You know this? Look for sweet basil.....that is your scent leaves (my ncheawu)
Sells for less than one GP fifty I am sure.

(aside) I was an adult before realising that people generally called it scent leaf....I remember telling my agric teacher what it was called...I told her all leaves like coriander, sage, mint etc are also scented and therefore ncheawu should not have the monopoly of being called scent leaves, seeing that some even had stronger scents...etc but I digress, like I always do lipsrsealed
Cheers

Think of all the dollars I jes saved you now.....
I guess I have done one real good for the day, yay!
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 9:48pm On May 20, 2016
damiso:

I drink it with a bit of honey like Edwife said and these days I even drink the decaff cos I noticed I started having migraines again( quite high in caffeine as well).

I used to have about 4 cups a day while still actively trying to lose weight.But now I have about 2 a day and sometimes mix it up with other decaff variants ie fennel,mint,rooibos,lemon,cinnamon and ginger etc

I do love my teas smiley

Lol 4 cups daily? Thanks Heaven you stopped, it isn't healthy-2 or one is fine. Don't mind efe and kimoni, how can tea be bitter? cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 9:50pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:

cheesy
But she's very good. She's helping me work on my discipline and targeting specific muscles to train.

Something you can do by yourself by watching youtube videos, free of charge. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 10:01pm On May 20, 2016
edwife:

Something you can do by yourself by watching youtube videos, free of charge. cheesy
I wish.

Can't you see how long ago I stopped posting on this healthy thread. It's because I've been a disgrace to the healthy cause. angry (face Palm)

No discipline.

I don't think it's a waste of money because just looking at her I'm motivated to work harder.
You won't believe she's in her 40s. She almost looks like me in age.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 10:08pm On May 20, 2016
cococandy:

I wish.

Can't you see how long ago I stopped posting on this healthy thread. It's because I've been a disgrace to the healthy cause. angry (face Palm)

No discipline.

I don't think it's a waste of money because just looking at her I'm motivated to work harder.
You won't believe she's in her 40s. She almost looks like me in age.

Well some people get motivated by being pushed but i doubt you are a disgrace to the healthy cause because you just had a baby. You should eat as much if you are breastfeeding and if you aren't, you have to lose weight slowly otherwise you will look worn out and older.

Take it one step at a time, you are already a disciplined person so it won't be much of a struggle to get back. Just make sure you have a lot of veggies in your system.Green is good for new mums.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 10:20pm On May 20, 2016
Thanks dear for the vote of confidence.

I'll keep that in mind.

My mom is coming towards the end of summer. I don't want her to catch me overweight.

She'll be like "its been six months already. Get off your butt and lose some weight". cheesy

edwife:

Well some people get motivated by being pushed but i doubt you are a disgrace to the healthy cause because you just had a baby. You should eat as much if you are breastfeeding and if you aren't, you have to lose weight slowly otherwise you will look worn out and older.

Take it one step at a time, you are already a disciplined person so it won't be much of a struggle to get back. Just make sure you have a lot of veggies in your system.Green is good for new mums.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 10:55pm On May 20, 2016
Thank you..but the sweet basil I do see around the veg section are not like or your average S.leaf. I even asked the Chinese herbs/leaf seller at the farmer market for bigger leaf and not mini basil leaf grin the guys was like huh grin
I think those are the mini curry leaf. Trust me, I have sought for basil around the seven seas. I'm even looking it up on ebay and amazon...it was basil not scented leaf I used for my search prince shinning armour tongue grin
Common drop 120 bucks for shipping grin

merahki:

Okay...I had to come in like a knightelle in shining armour to save those pretty dollars...and their equally pretty owner I believe cheesy tongue
Go to a shop.....to the vegetable section, where you have small fresh green veggies like parsley, oregano, mint, coriander? You know this? Look for sweet basil.....that is your scent leaves (my ncheawu)
Sells for less than one GP fifty I am sure.

(aside) I was an adult before realising that people generally called it scent leaf....I remember telling my agric teacher what it was called...I told her all leaves like coriander, sage, mint etc are also scented and therefore ncheawu should not have the monopoly of being called scent leaves, seeing that some even had stronger scents...etc but I digress, like I always do lipsrsealed
Cheers

Think of all the dollars I jes saved you now.....
I guess I have done one real good for the day, yay!

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 2:19pm On May 21, 2016
edwife:

Efe the tea is nice, i do add honey dear. cheesy It just like lipton. tongue

I think I'll stick to my lime 'n lemon concoction plus the occasional detoxifying wheat grass drink. At least if I'm gonna go the green route, then let me really go green. cheesy cheesy

Kimoni:

Now I don't dare

Seriously, Edwife's palette is - arrrgghh!

Don't get me wrong, she's a fantastic cook, but some of the things that woman eats... shocked shocked raw snails, live crabs...what next? embarassed cheesy cheesy

damiso:

I do love my teas smiley

I'm totally lost. Rewind, abeg.

D'you mean you've got a decaff version of green tea and even at that, it gives you migranes? undecided

armyofone:
Lmao @ Efe and Damiso.

What a rip-off. Don't you guys have any African communities / markets where they sell African stuff enmasse? You can get those same scent leaves for no more than £2 a bunch in London.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 2:26pm On May 21, 2016
cococandy:

Or use peanut butter.

White cake
Banana bread
Cookies and creme grin

I loooooovvvvveeee peanut butter, extra crunchy, with Agege bread.

But you know the saying: "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips..."

Girl! You're so lucky to have a personal trainer. Make the most of her. That in itself is motivating enough. But I agree with Eds, though. You can equally get the same motivation for free off YouTube. All it takes (as you know is consistency and determination). You tube helped me a lot, from exercising, to dieting eating clean, to how to ginger yourself for the days you feel kinda down and don't want to exercise.

Don't shy away whenever you fall off the wagon. We all do at one point or the other but the important thing is that we motivate ourselves on here whenever that happens. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 2:37pm On May 21, 2016
Now ladies, you know I've missed you all loads even though (in Kimoni's voice: I only drop by mostly on weekends), but I've got a pic for you all. Pls don't shoot the messenger. If anything, better grab the photographer, not Efe. grin

1st lady - in blue: That's just gotta be Edwife. Very tall, and never shys from taking the bull by the horn. Proper showgirl. :- tongue

2nd lady - in green: Damiso. Always happy, never lets life get her down. Check out her smile sef. tongue tongue

3rd lady - in purple: Definitely Kimoni. Without a shadow of doubt. The serious bookworm. Even now you can almost see her mentally calculating and grinding numbers in her brain. tongue tongue tongue

4th lady - in white: Cococandy. The model and fashion chick. Check out her shoes. But shoes wise, it's a stiff competition between her and Damiso - not sure who comes out trumps. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Photographer: Armyofone - she passed this information to me. cheesy

Notice how the men are kept at bay? That's Chillisauce's handwork... grin

Question though: Why the rope, ladies?? cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 21, 2016
Kimoni killed it grin grin
As per cococandy , damiso and edwife...
Chai. No comment.

See shoes.!!
I guess the ropes are so they don't go missing. You know the rope they give the kids to hold on to when they go for site seeing. grin
EfemenaXY you get luck say I no follow snap. The camera for no contain us.

See as edwife pose.

grin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 3:07pm On May 21, 2016
Chillisauce:
Kimoni killed it grin grin
As per cococandy , damiso and edwife...
Chai. No comment.

See shoes.!!
I guess the ropes are so they don't go missing. You know the rope they give the kids to hold on to when they go for site seeing. grin
EfemenaXY you get luck say I no follow snap. The camera for no contain us.

See as edwife pose.

grin

grin grin grin grin

And here I was thinking I get bad mouth - you're own pass me by far.

Howdy girl? I miss reading your posts like kilode. Make you try hang around small... kiss kiss kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:17pm On May 21, 2016
Oh efe what did we do to deserve this? grin
Why didn't I get to be the photographer or the one who kept the guys away?.

Hahahah. It's just too funny because I can literally see those ladies feeling like they fit and awesome.
"Damiso's" shoes Na one in town. cheesy

EfemenaXY:
Now ladies, you know I've missed you all loads even though (in Kimoni's voice: I only drop by mostly on weekends), but I've got a pic for you all. Pls don't shoot the messenger. If anything, better grab the photographer, not Efe. grin

1st lady - in blue: That's just gotta be Edwife. Very tall, and never shys from taking the bull by the horn. Proper showgirl. :- tongue

2nd lady - in green: Damiso. Always happy, never lets life get her down. Check out her smile sef. tongue tongue

3rd lady - in purple: Definitely Kimoni. Without a shadow of doubt. The serious bookworm. Even now you can almost see her mentally calculating and grinding numbers in her brain. tongue tongue tongue

4th lady - in white: Cococandy. The model and fashion chick. Check out her shoes. But shoes wise, it's a stiff competition between her and Damiso - not sure who comes out trumps. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Photographer: Armyofone - she passed this information to me. cheesy

Notice how the men are kept at bay? That's Chillisauce's handwork... grin

Question though: Why the rope, ladies?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:20pm On May 21, 2016
Thank you. smiley
EfemenaXY:

I loooooovvvvveeee peanut butter, extra crunchy, with Agege bread.

But you know the saying: "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips..."

Girl! You're so lucky to have a personal trainer. Make the most of her. That in itself is motivating enough. But I agree with Eds, though. You can equally get the same motivation for free off YouTube. All it takes (as you know is consistency and determination). You tube helped me a lot, from exercising, to dieting eating clean, to how to ginger yourself for the days you feel kinda down and don't want to exercise.

Don't shy away whenever you fall off the wagon. We all do at one point or the other but the important thing is that we motivate ourselves on here whenever that happens. kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.