Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (267177 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

After licking the whole cheese you want us to hail you. The cheese in that is like 550cal. Will take you 1hr of jogging to burn off.
Next time cut it in half and use fruits to fill up. wink

Professor Chilli, diarris God ooo. cheesy

Moca dear, thanks for bailing me out, hope the kicks are not too hard wink
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

That's a very strict one.
There gets a point she won't reduce any more in weight but starts getting more weight as a result of muscle

I was thinking she wants to start marathon race.
Easy Efe, I saw your pics. . You are already very toned. Just 30min exercise , 5 days a week will do. cool

Make our organ no shift comot for the body grin

I tell you,the pinshure she refused to share?ok o Efe angry undecided

Summer is coming anyway,everybody must upload their pictures so we can see all we have been up to. tongue grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
edwife:

Na your side i dey nau cheesy,use your normal sugar don't go for the processed one

Just be careful with the quantity that's all

Which one is normal and processed ones.

I use the cubed ones. Brown or white.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

That's a very strict one.
There gets a point she won't reduce any more in weight but starts getting more weight as a result of muscle

I was thinking she wants to start marathon race.
Easy Efe, I saw your pics. . You are already very toned. Just 30min exercise , 5 days a week will do. cool

Make our organ no shift comot for the body grin

You sef!

I was reading this your post, trying to keep a straight face until I read the last line! grin grin grin

Choi! Chillibaby... kiss kiss kiss

Okay, I hear you but seriously, my BMI says overweight na. So lemme lose 10kg more and hit the 65kg mark. Yep, I know muscle mass needs to be factored in but lemme still drop some more, abeg. Besides, Edwife and her summer bikini wahala nor go let person relax. Don't wanna carry last.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

Which one is normal and processed ones.

I use the cubed ones. Brown or white.

Most all processed foods contain high fructose corn syrup or some other form of processed sugar,stop using the cube sugar and go for brown sugar.

Anything with low fat written on it,don't go there.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
chillisauce go for honey instead or White granulated sugar

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You sef!

I was reading this your post, trying to keep a straight face until I read the last line! grin grin grin

Okay, I hear you but seriously, my BMI says overweight na. So lemme lose 10kg more and hit the 65kg mark. Yep, I know muscle mass needs to be factored in but lemme still drop some more, abeg. Besides, Edwife and her summer bikini wahala nor go let person relax. Don't wanna carry last.

I would reduce the exercise and work more on diet.
The time I tried your 1hr run, I almost ate the whole house when I got back.
I was hungry as hell. So I stick with average exercise and more of less cal and portion. You won't be very hungry

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
edwife:
chillisauce go for honey instead.

I don't like honey. Makes me feel I'm eating flies. I hate flies. grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

I don't like honey. Makes me feel I'm eating flies. I hate flies. grin

you dey craze grin ,ok go for White granulated sugar or brown sugar.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Kimoni i see you,how is the baby? cheesy

I hope you are ready for tomorrow? cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
edwife:

Anything processed is bad news,go for normal sugar and whole milk.Never take skim-milk!

Our body recognise original and whole food easier and makes it easy and quick to digest.

Why not?

Skimmed milk has got 0.5g fat per 100g unlike the full cream (blue topped) milk that's 3.6g fat per 100g serving.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
Kimoni:

Professor Chilli, diarris God ooo. cheesy

Moca dear, thanks for bailing me out, hope the kicks are not too hard wink

No excuse dear, it's worth it I tell you.
My trick for sweet unhealthy food is to eat the healthy ones first and unhealthy later. Like that I don't consume much
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
edwife:

My dear because you are already jogging for more than an hour,please spend 30 min on cardio or 30 min sit- up,you risk ageing quick with this routine especially if you do it 5 days a week and you are on a diet without fat.

Ageing? cheesy cheesy Not gonna happen. Not with the amount of water I drink a day to hydrate my skin (from within and outside), and the vitamin A, C, D, and E rich foods I consume. Even my body creams are rich with vitamin E and Aloe vera (can't stand cocobutter based creams)...

Hmmm...but you know, I try to go by the principle "you are what you eat"...meaning if less calories are taken in than those burned, then the weight drops off. I still need to lose 10kg.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
edwife:

I tell you,the pinshure she refused to share?ok o Efe angry undecided

Summer is coming anyway,everybody must upload their pictures so we can see all we have been up to. tongue grin

Lol!

Abeg you too leave my wrapper...I'm innocent. cool cool tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
It's nice knowing three's someone as zealous as me out there. EfemenaXY una well done. God will crown our efforts. grin

Chillisauce has inspired me for next week. Okro soup is it.

Edwife, the body reacts to fructose (sugar) the same way. The sugar from honey, or apples, or refined sugar, or banana...are all the same fructose. You were right the other day. Too much fruits too can be bad. The liver is the only organ that can digest fructose. So too much of it overworks the liver.

the difference is the concentration though. A tea spoon of sugar = sugar in a whole banana.

I heard 15g of fructose or less is the ideal per day.

The body doesn't even need fructose. In the olden days, fructose in fruits were only available when fruits were ripe. But now, ripe fruits are available all year round plus the invention of refined sugar. An average person is now getting 50g (3 times the ideal) of fructose daily.

So chillisauce, 15g of sugar a day or less... or none at all. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You sef!

cheesy

Ok dear.
kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
marbee:
Nice thread! Please can a breastfeeding mother go on diet?baby is 6months, have started taking solids. When I mean diet maybe like drinking Lipton and eating less carbohydrate or food. Please any tips?

Stay in touch here. Eat varieties of healthy meals and snacks when hungry.
As baby starts taking solid it relieves you a lot.

Don't go for crash diet abeg. Slowly and a bit of exercise like walking will go a long way.

Take your baby for a walk every morning. It helps them too.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

I would reduce the exercise and work more on diet.
The time I tried your 1hr run, I almost ate the whole house when I got back.
I was hungry as hell.
So I stick with average exercise and more of less cal and portion. You won't be very hungry

grin grin grin

Seriously? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
BABE3:
It's nice knowing three's someone as zealous as me out there. EfemenaXY una well done. God will crown our efforts. grin

Edwife, the body reacts to fructose (sugar) the same way. The sugar from honey, or apples, or refined sugar, or banana...are all the same fructose. You were right the other day. Too much fruits too can be bad. The liver is the only organ that can digest fructose. So too much of it overworks the liver.

the difference is the concentration though. A tea spoon of sugar = sugar in a whole banana.

The body doesn't even need fructose. In the olden days, fructose in fruits were only available when fruits were ripe. But now, ripe fruits are available all year round plus the invention of refined sugar. An average person is now getting 50g (3 times the ideal) of fructose daily.

15g a day? I will be like walking zombie. cheesy
I eat less carb so I guess my cube of sugar every norning is ok. I need my tea to wake up. No regime or edwife will take that away cool
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by babyboom(f): 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thanks. smiley

Long story, but like I mentioned a lot of weight dropped was from me cutting out a lot of unhealthy, processed goods and making healthy alternatives.

Nope, I still take my fruits and nuts including Avocados and unsalted cashew nuts.

I also exercise a lot too.

Nice. Am following you, need to hit my target of 65kg also
Though no time for exercise but the little walks I do daily, will,have to suffice for now
Hmmm, do u have a target date to hit the mark?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
When you guys were talking about sugar,I was eating and reading grin tongue
Chei sweetness no be small

Efe,babe you said? grin

4 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
BABE3:

Na wa oh! So many conflicting information...

If we really do need such low amount of fructose, then why all the emphasis on the need to get 5-a-day (fruits and vegs) as part of our balanced meals?

A few months ago, they did mention on BBC breakfast that we should even strive for 7-a-day. embarassed embarassed

*** MODIFIED**

Ahaha!! Babe3, I don't think I even half qualify to be called zealous na. You're totally unreachable when it comes to exercising. Shebi you handle all of that crazy Jillian M's abs workouts without any sweat? I remember you mentioned doing the HIIT thingy too... embarassed embarassed

Abeg, you're on a completely different class jare. cheesy cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
edwife:
Kimoni i see you,how is the baby? cheesy

I hope you are ready for tomorrow? cheesy

Hahahahahhaahhahahahahhahahahhahhhahahahahhahahaha

Edwife, I can't stop laughing. We will soo beat you.....

I have been wanting to ask how you remember all these dietary rules....I can't even remember the course I studied in college for 4 yrs like you remember these rules. I duff my hat oo

Baby is fine...thnks
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

15g a day? I will be like walking zombie. cheesy
I eat less carb so I guess my cube of sugar every norning is ok. I need my tea to wake up. No regime or edwife will take that away cool

A cube is fine. You eat healthy, so you have a big enough margin of error.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Why not?

Skimmed milk has got 0.5g fat per 100g unlike the full cream (blue topped) milk that's 3.6g fat per 100g serving.

After the fat removal process, sodium and carbohydrates are left behind, leaving the sodium and carbohydrate content higher in skim milk than in whole milk. Another disadvantage of skim milk is that it contains 12g of sugar, as stated above. While skim milk should be included as part of a healthy weight loss routine, you must keep in mind that it does contain sugar. Therefore, limit your consumption to a serving or two a day.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Na wa oh! So many conflicting information...

If we really do need such low amount of fructose, then why all the emphasis on the need to get 5-a-day (fruits and vegs) as part of our balanced meals?

A few months ago, they did mention on BBC breakfast that we should even strive for 7-a-day. embarassed embarassed

efe, 5 fruits a day is less than 15g. Trust me.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
BABE3:

A cube is fine. You eat healthy, so you have a big enough margin of error.

Prof Babe3 gave me an excellent mark shocked.

Dancing azonto.

Edwife ntorrrr tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
BABE3:

efe, 5 fruits a day is less than 15g. Trust me.

Efe eats like 30 different fruits .
Have you seen her plate?
I struggle with 2.
I still sprinkle sugar on my strawberry. Very bitter thing sad

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
BABE3:

Dear,

Dietary guidelines around the globe suggest we LIMIT consumption of sugar and foods with added sugars. You don't need to avoid sugar completely for good health, but it's sensible to cut back on foods that are correspondingly low in nutrition and easy to overeat – soft drinks, lollies, pastries or sweets, for example.

The sugar found in fruit depends on the individual fruit and can be made up of multiple different sugars -- glucose, fructose and/or sucrose. Although the sugars found in fruit are the same as those in refined sugar, their absorption depends on their chemical and plant structures, food processing and food preparation. As a result, fruit and refined sugar have very different effects in the body.

Sweetheart the difference is in the digestion process,Fruit is very fiber-rich making its absorption different than that of refined sugars.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Amount of fructose in 100g of different fruits.

According to this chart, 4 bananas is less than 15g of fructose.
You have to eat 30 strawberries or more to go over the daily 15g.

Efe do you eat 30 strawberries a day? grin

the fructose in most veggies are negligible since most of them are bitter.

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
edwife:

After the fat removal process, sodium and carbohydrates are left behind, leaving the sodium and carbohydrate content higher in skim milk than in whole milk. Another disadvantage of skim milk is that it contains 12g of sugar, as stated above. While skim milk should be included as part of a healthy weight loss routine, you must keep in mind that it does contain sugar. Therefore, limit your consumption to a serving or two a day.

Haaaaa! 12g of sugar per 100ml serving? Mba, I don't agree with you on this one jare.

Oya wait, make I go snap pic of my milk...

See? For 100ml serving, amount of sugars in there is just 5.0g not 12g, and the salt present is 0.15g...but yes, I do agree with you in having a moderate amount. I usually have about 200ml serving in the mornings...not because I'm hungry at that time of the day, but because I don't want my body to go into "starvation mode", later in the afternoons...

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Kimoni:

Hahahahahhaahhahahahahhahahahhahhhahahahahhahahaha

Edwife, I can't stop laughing. We will soo beat you.....

I have been wanting to ask how you remember all these dietary rules....I can't even remember the course I studied in college for 4 yrs like you remember these rules. I duff my hat oo

Baby is fine...thnks

Sweetheart i kept my body like this for over 10 years,i read a lot about food and because i love food i needed to know which one was good for me and wich one i must reduce and not totally avoid.

The secret of a healthy diet is to be consistent with the portion of food you digest and always eat healthy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.