Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede (54422 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / Charles Okah Escapes From Kuje Prison - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Chars1289: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
bishopjoe02:

Nigeria is a Sovereign state. nothing will happen. what have they done to Mugabe.
Putin is currently blowing up Ukraine. wat have they done. . Obj wanted third tenure. if Nigerians didn't stand against it.. wat did they do.
Poor you.hope you remeber Lauren Gbagbo, Charles Taylor and Former Egyptian president.
Talking as if you can withstand the violence that might have happened if Gej did not act in right direction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Motolank:

Stop beginning for pity for gej..he didn't worth it..and he was flushed, why all these miscalculated time stories. It was in his regime that ppeople's livessssss were wasted with the president taking no action or step.
Please who are you... is that you Fayose, foolish fucking kayode, orubebe or gej dog from niger?
Lol
Don't worry the People's general will soon be crown...and he ll do as he did in the past.

'Eniti obaa je gbi..laa ku gbi'
'Ikun unje ogede, oun reedi'

we are watching u guys in 4D. let see how the naira wil be equivalent to the dollar ( As promised in Imo) or the 1 million jobs that wil be created.
don't call GEJ names.. at present he have achieved more than your so-called General. . GMB is currently riding on promises. why GEJ have great achievement on his name.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by MaziObidike(m): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
GEJ will forever be remembered for this very Nobel act. It takes discipline, courage, humility and especially Grace of God to do that. I'll always respect him for that.

Meanwhile...it's Sai Baba all za way.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by cocokiller1(f): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
Missy89:

and what will be the reaction of the international community?
nd wat did d international community do to mugabe in 2008 wen he rufused to hand over power after loosing
evn delaying election results 4 five weeks
killed d many lots dat opposed with his supporters
nd stl leading till date
abi na 4 oly naija dem get power?
dis is democracy nd GEJ practiced it to the core
I think d international waheeva is overhyped nd will keep opressing Nigeria
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
StealthIdeals:
Lol. Forgive him na.
Lol he's been forgiven by many of us a long time ago, but can't b trusted to rule Nigeria anymore. We have suffered enough damages under his tenure, so make e just go rest for Otueke jejely.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by rabimlomo: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
niceeric:

Bro,all u needed to do was explain to her wat a sovereign state means and how the international community can only talk and impose sanctions but can never lead an incursion into the state's territory

I'm sure she and her cohorts will understand.
Depends on how much interest they have in the country. They will surely intervene if they feel it will benefit them.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Motolank: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
bishopjoe02:

we are watching u guys in 4D. let see how the naira wil be equivalent to the dollar ( As promised in Imo) or the 1 million jobs that wil be created.
don't call GEJ names.. at present he have achieved more than your so-called General. . GMB is currently riding on promises. why GEJ have great achievement on his name.
Ooooh ok. From the looted money. He should ask Agagu how he spent his..
Besides General is not a thieve or self centered. That was what people considered and voted him.
I don't even want general to bring dollar down yet... because the present price benefit me. He will do other things. Hope your 4D is mounted?
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
Missy89:
GEJ PR team trying so hard to snatch a little victory after an overwhelming defeat.

He for stay for Aso rock pass MAY 29 nah.

Walahi, I don tire finish. Very soon we go hear say angel Gabriel himself don dey move with GEJ
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chars1289:

Poor you.hope you remeber Lauren Gbagbo, Charles Taylor and Former Egyptian president.
Talking as if you can withstand the violence that may have happened if Gej did not act in right direction.
You can't compare Côte d'Ivoire with Nigeria. French have so much hold on his colony, unlike Britain. . France still call the shot in most of his colonies. . That was the major down fall for Gbagbo
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chars1289:

And you will be happy with such act of impunity. oh Lord of mercy!! some people have lost touch with good dealings

Im just proving a Point.......pal.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Chars1289: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Op..good job for cooking up this story..u will be a gud superstory scriptwriter
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Igwe9:
This story is quite an emotional one.
In as much as I am a Jonathan sympathiser, I still have my reservations. You could recall that Orubebe's action took place between the hours of 11 am and 12pm.

Nevertheless, it's noble of him to heed to such a good advice for the interest of his country else, don't you think that other leaders that threw their countries into war were advised against it but refused for their selfish reasons.
My personal observations!

Actually between 01:00pm and 02:00pm.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by mkoabiola: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Obj told hm to remeber laurent gbagbo,
Dat was d reason 4 d call
He has no choice bt to conceed ddefeat
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by mavinc4u(f): 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
doctokwus:

Don't mind d foolish op.All these attempts to romanticize and paint GEJ in good colours won't fly with me.The man had no choice than to do what he did.The only driving force behind his action was d vision of that of Laurent Gbagbo and his wife being removed from the presidential villa like common thieves.
The only person his action benefitted was himself and not the Nigerian nation.
GEJ still remains d most corrupt,most incompetent and most mischievous individual to have ruled nigeria .Just go and watch his interview with the BBC and in that portion he was asked about d chibok girls u can picture all d bile in GEJ during his response.

Guy cool down. GMB would soon be sworn into the office and I hope he rescues those chibok girls alive
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Motolank:

Ooooh ok. From the looted money. He should ask Agagu how he spend his..
Besides General is not a thieve or self centered. That was what people considered and voted him.
I don't even want general to bring dollar down yet... because the present price benefit me. He will do other things. Hope your 4D is mounted?

The disappointment that will hit you before we get to 2019 is still doing press-up. I can wait to see that day when your great general will make the dollar equivalent to a naira.. then ur eyes wil be open to d negative economy implication of such uncivilized move
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by emmatok(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
cocokiller1:
nd wat did d international community do to mugabe in 2008 wen he rufused to hand over power after loosing
nd stl leading till date

Do you know the state of the Zimbabwean Economy?
Can GEJ withstand the crises that will follow.
Remember Gbagbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Chars1289: 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
ELECTION HEROS
JEGA, NIGERIANS, INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY, ABUBAKAR SALAMI & CARD READERS
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Chars1289: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
cocokiller1:
nd stl leading till date

"International community is over hyped" are for real, Gej shld hve tried dem na and end lik gbagbo
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by emmatok(m): 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
bishopjoe02:

You can't compare Côte d'Ivoire with Nigeria. French have so much hold on his colony, unlike Britain. . France still call the shot in most of his colonies. . That was the major down fall for Gbagbo

Remember BK is still around the corner .
Abuja is located in the North,ask GEN IBB why he ran from LAGOS..
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by cocokiller1(f): 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
emmatok:

Remember Gbagbo.
bla bla bla bla bla
jst thnkGod 4 democracy
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by cocokiller1(f): 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
emmatok:

Remember Gbagbo.
bla bla bla bla bla
jst thnkGod 4 democracy since u dunno wat a sovereign state is
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by sarris(m): 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Missy89:

You really need me to explain to you what is being done to mugabe's government and the country's economy? Nigeria is not Russia. Your obasanjo's example does not make sense. You cant refer to a situation that never happened

Why do u think a statement was released by the US/UK during the vote count?

He contested, He lost and he has to go. There is nothing heroic about obeying the law. You might as well call me a hero for not over-speeding then.Advise him to stay there for one more and you will know that you country is not so sovereign
I guess u re wiser than d international communities that hv been applauding him as a legend.

1 Like

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Chars1289: 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
bishopjoe02:

Im just proving a Point.......pal.

Your point ain't logical and it is so obvious Gej's loss really hit u hard.Take it easy bro cos you only leave once.Dont take panadol for another man headache.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Motolank: 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
bishopjoe02:

The disappointment that will hit you before we get to 2019 is still doing press-up. I can wait to see that day when your great general will make the dollar equivalent to a naira.. then ur eyes wil be open to d negative economy implication of such uncivilized move
Amen.
I will gather whatever I can now.
When that happens I will come back home and work...

When I was coming to nairaland to fight for GMB you think I don't have plans?
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by cocokiller1(f): 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chars1289:

"International community is over hyped" are for real, Gej shld hve tried dem na and end lik gbagbo
I've seen u sire
move on
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Amazo: 11:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
helinues:
When Orubebe took to the floor yesterday to disrupt proceedings at the Collation centre, I feared for the worst. Just imagine what would have happened if one or two of the security men had forcefully tried to remove him. He would have fought them off, the other PDP agents would have come to his defense and the police would have been called in to remove everyone using teargas.

That would have been the end of it. In the ensuing melee, the result sheets would have disappeared and all hell would have broke loose.

State of emergency would have been declared and we would be talking about elections in two years time or more depending on how subsequent events panned out.

I don't even want to imagine the pogroms that would have ensued? In 1962, the case of disruption of proceedings in the Western Region House of Assembly led to the state of emergency which led to the January 1966 coup and this lead to the northern counter-coup and eventually the tragic civil war.

Yesterday, Godsday Orubebe nearly threw Nigeria into such a turmoil again but President Goodluck Jonathan averted it.

What transpired in the Presidential Villa was this: when the outcome of the election began to turn against President Goodluck Jonathan, many Hawks in government and in PDP started pressurizing him to step in and turn the tide via manipulation and State power. He refused.

I know someone who knelt down with tearful eyes asking him to act like an African President and jettison this European idea of gentlemanism. PGEJ refused to intervene.

When President Jonathan's attention was drawn to what Orubebe was doing on TV, he quickly asked one of his aide to get him General Buhari immediately on the phone. Contrary to reports that GEJ was watching the programme, the man left others to watch it and went to sleep. The trending picture of him with Abdusalami purportedly watching the event is a big hoax. That picture was taken during the peace-accord drive of Gen. Abdulsalami before the election.

President Jonathan quickly called Gen. Buhari to congratulate him even before the collation officially ended because he wanted to pull the sail on the antics of his Hawkish supporters. If he hadn't done that they would have used his influence to do something foolish. It was Okonjo Iweala that called President Jonathan to intimate him of Orubebe's actions.

I have been battling tears ever since I learnt what happened. If only Nigerians knew that many Hawkish PDP stalwart and top government officers stormed out angrily on this humble President when they learnt he had called Gen. Buhari to concede defeat, claiming that he betrayed them. One Northern ally of his even called him weak. That call was what saved the day. Orubebe was told of the call and he quietly walked away, allowing collation proceedings to continue.

GEJ made that call to Buhari around 16:15 hours.

Only the Doves remained with President Jonathan. Many of the Hawks are still not speaking to him even now.

General Abdulsalami and other African Statesmen were still pondering how to douse the expected mayhem and they placed a call to Gen. Buhari to plead with him to restrain his supporters and to tell him they were preparing to go and meet President Jonathan to call his Hawkish associates to order when Gen. Buhari told them not to bother that PGEJ has already called him and conceded defeat. Everyone was stunned beyond word.

Source: http://www.gbam.tv/latest-news/articles?aid=5997&title=A%20MUST%20READ!!!!THE%20BEHIND%20THE%20SCENE%20DRAMA%20IN%20ASO%20ROCK%20BY%20OKAH%20EWAH%20EDEDE

Story for the aliens undecided ! Jonathan lost and there was nothing, i repeat, nothing he could do to stop it without ending up being Gbagboed to prison. He wisely chose to retire to Otuoke and enjoy his loot. So what's the big deal in all this? All this noise making is just another PDP propaganda. Will PDP just give this shiiiiiit up already. angry

1 Like

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by sarris(m): 11:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
doctokwus:

Don't mind d foolish op.All these attempts to romanticize and paint GEJ in good colours won't fly with me.The man had no choice than to do what he did.The only driving force behind his action was d vision of that of Laurent Gbagbo and his wife being removed from the presidential villa like common thieves.
The only person his action benefitted was himself and not the Nigerian nation.
GEJ still remains d most corrupt,most incompetent and most mischievous individual to have ruled nigeria .Just go and watch his interview with the BBC and in that portion he was asked about d chibok girls u can picture all d bile in GEJ during his response.
If u were outside d country u would hv known d benefit Nig got frm his action.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by dammytosh: 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
Missy89:
GEJ PR team trying so hard to snatch a little victory after an overwhelming defeat.

He for stay for Aso rock pass MAY 29 nah.

Dnt mind them.

What will he do to an election with over 2million difference.

As if he can command any army before.

Very funny people.

Obj nd co had already advised him not to go the Gbagbo way. He for smell am with torn singlet by the time his ADC wipe him slap. grin

The decision was in his favour. At least he can get a good negotiation from prosecution.

3 Likes

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Adebayolove(m): 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
quite a story
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by meccuno: 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
korel9:
NEW WORDS IN THE ENGLISH DICTIONARY
ORUBEBE /oˈrubebe/ (VerB-): abnormal
behaviour or an attempt to disrupt peaceful gathering or well organised event.
[from Latin oˈrube : to disrupt]
Examples:
1. He tried to orubebe the sacred ocassion but the police do not give in.
2. The football match was orubebe by the defeating team yesterday Derivatives:
ORU-BE-BE-ISM (Noun)
ORU-BE-BE-TIC (Adjective) e.g: ~ attitude
JEGA /Jəˈga/ (VerB-): [a] Using godly wisdom to calm the unneeded agitation or ruckus caused by a
dopey fool in a peaceful gathering.
[b] To indirectly show to the public a person who lack manner and attempt causing agitation
[from Latin Jeˈga : Calm distubance wisely]
Examples:
1. If you Orubebe me I will Jega you.
2. When he was making unnecessary argument to the public, I jega him.
Derivatives:
JE-GA-ISM (Noun)
JE-GA-TIC (Adjective) e.g: ~ approach First Edition. Copyright © 2015 by Davog Publishing
Company.
BORING!!
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by emmatok(m): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
cocokiller1:
bla bla bla bla bla
jst thnkGod 4 democracy since u dunno wat a sovereign state is
LOL, when military General like IBB can step down under pressure.
We don't need foreigners to force him out.
Nigerians will do it.

1 Like

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
emmatok:

Remember BK is still around the corner .
Abuja is located in the North,ask GEN IBB why he ran from LAGOS..

No matter how hard Boko haram fight. They can't hit Aso rock. .it is only the poor masses that wil just suffer the uproar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Aisha Buhari As A Young Lady / Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment / People Killed At Buhari, APC Presidential Rally In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.