Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship (36313 Views)

10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone / Ladies This Is How To Ask A Nigerian Guy Out. / Weird Questions Ladies Ask In Order Not To Look Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Number three is nopt true cos not all ladies carry make up kit in their handbags. I don't, non of my friends do.
I'm not denying the fact that some do.
Again, I don't always wait for a guy to pay my TP. When I'm going out with a guy, I make sure I have my TP and enough money for the occasion.

One thing I know about philosophical questions is that no matter how intelligent or smart one is, one can never give satisfactory answers to them.

1 Like

Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
number 4 is simply :Electromagneticonnectionabluetoothilism.www.datsall
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by menxer: 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2015
if u want to 'feel' the ladies/guys u don't need a relationship, but if u intend to have a fulfilled life, try a relationship.

the value of a well grounded relationship won't be obvious till u clock 60+ years.
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by LewisO: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
missclasssy:

undecided
Mind the way u use that symbol when u quote me.

I wanna know, just to know my faith.

1 Like

Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Number three is nopt true cos not all ladies carry make up kit in their handbags. I don't, non of my friends do.
I'm not denying the fact that some do.
Again, I don't always wait for a guy to pay my TP. When I'm going out with a guy, I make sure I have my TP and enough money for the occasion.

One thing I know about philosophical questions is that no matter how intelligent or smart one is, one can never give satisfactory answers to them.

Hehehehe cheesy

I'm impressed...with the bolded

1 Like

Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
missclasssy:
I will pick the questions one after the other

1) I don't think It's every lady that displays this kind of attitude.
I would say it depends on the kind of person the lady is. How mature and how emotionally wise she is.
You should also blame the guys, cause most of them have the mentality that they are the ones to pay, most times perhaps trying to unnecessarily please the lady.
I myself have paid the fares of my male friends a couple of times

2) Ladies need guys the same way guys need ladies
Its that natural thirst for companionship that gets stronger when it's the opposite sex involved
We all need someone to talk to, someone to share thoughts with.
Someone to love, a shoulder to lean on.
Someone to have sex with.
The list in endless.

3)Well, I am also guilty of this.
We ladies want to look pretty all the time but some take it over the top.
You will see them always looking at their faces in the mirror applying make up in spaces of 30mins, I would blame this habit on insecurity
But the truth is that we ladies want to look beautiful all the time, we just can't help it.

4) Well this is natural. They are basic components for sexual attraction and arousal.

5 Guys should answer this

6)When a lady says that all men are the same that's generalization, but we shouldn't rule out the fact that there are certain characters and behaviors that all men exhibit.

Every lady has that mental image of the kind of man they want and if they find someone they feel meets those "fantasy like" criteria and something happens along the way, they may make the above statement as a way to vent their displeasure and pain.

If someone asks them why they are single, they would just say that "all men are the same".
It's a kind of defense mechanism.

7) I believe every human has an inherent allure for evil or for something that's seems wrong

Ladies are naturally attracted to guys that display that "bad boy" characteristics to which dishonesty is one.
We want honest "good" guys but we just can't stop liking the "players"
It's just that innate allure I talked about.

Cc
Emusmith

Come ohh.

I no just understand why some people dey call you man while others say you be woman.

Which one you dey abeg?
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Simplymeah: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bluetooth2:

What is philosophical about this particular question ?
I tire oooo
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by UjSizzle(f): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bluetooth2:

What is philosophical about this particular question ?
Wrong question. You should be asking what's philosophical about the OP in it's entirety.
I was really hoping for very deep, soul searching 'why'.

1 Like

Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by njuwo(m): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
joywendy:
seriously? undecided

out of boredom i have decided to answer your not so philosophical questions;

1. It is not a must for the guy to pay the transport fare, if the guy wants to pay then he can. It depends on the both parties involved

2. Why do guys need ladies? undecided ( this is not a question that should be asked on any sane grounds)

3. How does what a lady have in her bag disturb you? Btw not all ladies have a make up kit in their bags undecided

4. Wetin concern me with that?

5 and 6. Not all men and ladies say that. (Big generalization here)

7. It is a matter of perspective, some people cant differentiate between the truth and a lie. Some will rather accept the lie than the truth due to "blind trust" or "love". It is a choice,same with guys too.

In conclusion too much generalizations and stereotypical thinking everywhere. This is not philosophical in anyway, i think you need to re examine you philosophy note.

Thanks.
And you say na out of boredom you take reply am. Na out of hatred for him questions you take reply am bo.
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by njuwo(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
missclasssy:

I would say it depends on the kind of person the lady is. How mature and how emotionally wise she is.
You should also blame the guys, cause most of them have the mentality that they are the ones to pay, most times perhaps trying to unnecessarily please the lady.

Its that natural thirst for companionship that gets stronger when it's the opposite sex involved
The list in endless.

You will see them always looking at their faces in the mirror applying make up in spaces of 30mins, I would blame this habit on insecurity
But the truth is that we ladies want to look beautiful all the time, we just can't help it.

4) Well this is natural. They are basic components for sexual attraction and arousal.

6)When a lady says that all men are the same that's generalization, but we shouldn't rule out the fact that there are certain characters and behaviors that all men exhibit.

Every lady has that mental image of the kind of man they want and if they find someone they feel meets those "fantasy like" criteria and something happens along the way, they may make the above statement as a way to vent their displeasure and pain.

If someone asks them why they are single, they would just say that "all men are the same".

7) I believe every human has an inherent allure for evil or for something that's seems wrong

Ladies are naturally attracted to guys that display that "bad boy" characteristics to which dishonesty is one.

Cc
Emusmith
You say you dey guilty of carrying make up kits up and down. Where the impact for your profile pic? Nowhere to be found. E be like say na your best T.V soap opera be that.
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Can you produce a deep philosophical question on relationship? If you can't, just be quiet!

The thread has in it a bit of humour...Over-serious peeps are not expected to understand.

smiley
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by ayophil25(m): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
grin
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by pak: 8:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
missclasssy:

Just be yourself....
You might suck at being a player

Your initial response on the first page of this thread was intelligent and interesting.

But I'll disagree with you about sucking at being a player. Every body can be a player if he wants to, it's being good that's difficult and rare.

The only difference is that some men have more developed conscience hence might not be comfortable going to bed knowing they have intentionally hurt another human being.

To be a player, especially if you have some money ? easiest thing in the planet. Convince a girl to sleep with you and then suddenly stop calling her for about a week. It's hurtful but it works like crazy. Rationally yu think the lady would walk away knowing you are a jerk ?? wrong, more often than not she feels used and seeking closure to her emotional wound she develops an unhealthy attachment. Call her back a week later, get her to bed again (her defenses are weakened. to her,you actually have little to lose again) then start flirting (or cheating) with other ladies. By this time, her emotions are so wound up, her self-esteem has been hit and at that point, the vicious cycle has been established. The player can even beat her up and she still sticks. Every body around sees her as mad but she can't just easily walk away. Players intuitively (without having to analyze the way I have just done) all these and they exploit it to full effect.
That's why it is difficult for men with a lot of experience with women, apart from those with integrity and a good conscience, to take women very serious in relationships, sorry to say, when it comes to emotions, women are more often than not irrational.
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Spaxon(f): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
emusmith
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
Spaxon:
emusmith

Yes please sad
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
pak:

Your initial response on the first page of this thread was intelligent and interesting.

But I'll disagree with you about sucking at being a player. Every body can be a player if he wants to, it's being good that's difficult and rare.

The only difference is that some men have more developed conscience hence might not be comfortable going to bed knowing they have intentionally hurt another human being.

To be a player, especially if you have some money ? easiest thing in the planet. Convince a girl to sleep with you and then suddenly stop calling her for about a week. It's hurtful but it works like crazy. Rationally yu think the lady would walk away knowing you are a jerk ?? wrong, more often than not she feels used and seeking closure to her emotional wound she develops an unhealthy attachment. Call her back a week later, get her to bed again (her defenses are weakened. to her,you actually have little to lose again) then start flirting (or cheating) with other ladies. By this time, her emotions are so wound up, her self-esteem has been hit and at that point, the vicious cycle has been established. The player can even beat her up and she still sticks. Every body around sees her as mad but she can't just easily walk away. Players intuitively (without having to analyze the way I have just done) all these and they exploit it to full effect.
That's why it is difficult for men with a lot of experience with women, apart from those with integrity and a good conscience, to take women very serious in relationships, sorry to say, when it comes to emotions, women are more often than not irrational.

Haha
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Spaxon(f): 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
emusmith:

Yea yea
my dearie go and sit in d kitchen... dinners ready

1 Like

Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
Spaxon:
my dearie go and sit in d kitchen... dinners ready

angry I'm not hungry right now...
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by 3RNEST(m): 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Dancing " Shoki" wetin concern me....
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by alterswerve(m): 11:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
pak:

I'll love to repeat this part:
_

The only difference is that some men have more developed conscience hence might not be comfortable going to bed knowing they have intentionally hurt another human being._

And I want to advice ladies on this one, that they should not take the mild, or as he called it 'developed' conscience of a man for granted. We all can be players, but some of us deliberately choose not to be.
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by lordfamuu(m): 12:31am On Apr 05, 2015
Chubhie:
I've had to philosophically ask myself why I truly needed a feminine specie cos I've developed myself to a point where I virtually derive pleasure in sorting myself in all things. From making my own dish in a certain way and experimenting and amusing myself amongst other stuffs. The very day I sat down and examine these thoughts about What's In It For Me in the long haul with a pretty damsel? The most plausible I could deduct is about the inherent need to produce my kind but then what if I elect to just observe a fleeting world of vanity and decide that such a cold world is never ideal to bring more kids into?

SECONDED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by theMusicNerd(m): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2015
emusmith:
As a general course, everyone studied Philosophy as a course in the University. If you did, you will lucidly understand my point.

A philosopher always wants to know the WHY to every thing on earth, unlike the common man who embraces indoctrination with a smile. He calls him "Ignoramus"- He that knows not and think he knows.

This thread is all about Relationship Philosophy . It may sound silly but that's Relationship Philosophy.

1. Must the guy always be the one to pay the fare in a transport bus?

2. Why do ladies really need guys?

3. Why do ladies always have a make-up kit in their bag?

4. What is the connection between a female's upper and back region and the eyes of a guy?

5. Why do guys call themselves "polygamous in nature" and yet want a monogamous family?

6. If ladies say "all men are the same", why are they still single? Can they just choose any?

7. Why do ladies claim that their Turn Off is Dishonesty but always fall in love with liars?

It may sound irrational to you but in it has the answers to many "encoded things" hehehehe.

Oya, NLers contribute wink

1.My gü®l pays for the transport fare oooo, azin a fair amount of times. ßuh we aren't the going out type.
2. My gü®l once told me that she need me cuz she needs someone to talk to, that'd listen to her, that'd protect her; emotionally and otherwise, that she'd share and build her dreams with, and of course, that would bleep her silly and make her squi.rt.
3.My gü®l doesn't really do make up, and she doesn't carry a handbag, she has this wallet like purse, she put in her back pocket or carries on her hand. ßuh when she makes up, she's 'WOW'.
4. The boobs have been proven to be an afrodasiac and also the buttock, also, women who hav big buttocks will find it easier to give birth, and boobs will breastfeed the child.
5. Err, I won't say we're polygamous, its just that we'd like variety, e'en though they're the same, we'd just want to explore... Just the thing with eating paw-paw, and eating fruit salad
6. In my less than humble opinion, women who say 'all men are the same' are those who are myopic and limited in vision. U can't say, rationally speaking, that all knives are the same, of course there'd be some distinctive elements that makes you call it a knife, but, the specific knife in question will be different from all other knives in existence, even those of the same genus and specie. So it is too with men, these behavioural patterns set us out as men, but, each man manifests if different ways from the other. Eg. I'd like to bang a lot of girls, ßuh I won't go all out to do it. ßuh if the opportunity presents itself, and I'm in the mood.... In the end.... In fact, lemmie stop
7. Liars are seductive. Women, most, are delusional and envisage how their lives will be (the effects of romantic novels and telemundo) what these 'dishonest guys' do is to play on their fantasy, be everything she wishes. So they fall not for the guy himself, but what he represents. A fantasy.

theMusicNerd
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Spaxon(f): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
emusmith:

angry I'm not hungry right now...
look at him forming am not hungry......... ..
afta u go steal d food cheesy grin
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by NaijaTweets(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
[b]
missclasssy:

The list in endless.

Cc
Emusmith
[/b]

The only well-thought out answer I found on this thread. Though I disagree with some statements.
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Spaxon:
look at him forming am not hungry......... ..
afta u go steal d food cheesy grin

smiley
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by keetel(f): 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
1stly there's nothing philosophical about ur views.....
1. Who says guys always pay the bus fare, they only pay when they want to besides this ur philosphy doesnt apply in sch areas bcz ull hear things like "I no come sch to train anybody"
2. for love, companionship, friendship,procreation.
3. Because we need our Make up kit for little touch ups thanks to our Nigerian weather
4-7 I'll just go with @missclassy's Answers
Direct all further questions to God.#Happy Easter grin cheesy
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Spaxon(f): 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
emusmith:

smiley
happy Easter
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
missclasssy:

The list in endless.

Cc
Emusmith

This calls for celebration this is the first time u ar not attacking an op or men
It nice to know u have some good trait in u

Abeg no bash me oo
Just being honest
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
emusmith:
As a general course, everyone studied Philosophy as a course in the University. If you did, you will lucidly understand my point.

A philosopher always wants to know the WHY to every thing on earth, unlike the common man who embraces indoctrination with a smile. He calls him "Ignoramus"- He that knows not and think he knows.

This thread is all about Relationship Philosophy . It may sound silly but that's Relationship Philosophy.

1. Must the guy always be the one to pay the fare in a transport bus? [b]NO

2. Why do ladies really need guys? 4 MONEY and PIKINS

3. Why do ladies always have a make-up kit in their bag? TO ALWAYS LUK FAKE

4. What is the connection between a female's upper and back region and the eyes of a guy? Hmm well SEX

5. Why do guys call themselves "polygamous in nature" and yet want a monogamous family? I DUNNO O

6. If ladies say "all men are the same", why are they still single? Can they just choose any? NA DEM SABI

7. Why do ladies claim that their Turn Off is Dishonesty but always fall in love with liars? [/b] BE[b]COS THEY ENJOY BAD GUYS MORE
[/b]

It may sound irrational to you but in it has the answers to many "encoded things" hehehehe.

Oya, NLers contribute wink

Answer 2 d questions sir
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Spaxon:
happy Easter

Same to you dear
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
wristwatch:

Answer 2 d questions sir

A very smart reply smiley
Re: 7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship by phlora(f): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Woow. Sorry for you, but your questions are in no way philosophical. They are just plain stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police / Nigerian Man Lists Requirements For Women Applying To Be His Wife / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.