Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo (26850 Views)

Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / To All Married Men (photo) / What Is Most Important In Marriage?is It Equal Rights Or Equal Responsibilities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by menxer: 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
OracleMxNelson:

Taaaaaa.....

Jesus Christ treats us fairly... as his own...

Are we equal to him?

Please delete your post....

how many women did Jesus appoint as his Apostles? he treated every one equal abi?

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
JudgementHammer:

In summary u have a long way to go. Well u may not even marry
Who cares?

Stay here and be deceiving yourself. There are some men who are pro-feminists.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Staying at home and cooking and cleaning for my husband doesn't make me less of a strong woman.

The woman cannot be equal to a man in so many areas and the Bible concurs.
The Bible states that the females would long for her husband. It also states that the female should keep quiet in the church.

Going by this, it is divinely stated that a man and a woman can never really be placed on the same pedestal.

There is no equality between a man and a woman, and never will be. Either sexually, physically, socially, even spiritually.
The faster we come to terms with this, the better for all of us.
You should have asked if I was a religious person, before coming up with the above.

I don't do the bible and I'm sure some others on this thread don't, now can you come up with something people like myself can relate to?

Btw, you can choose to stay home all you want, why does it have to be same for all women?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Ilekeh(f): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Follow who where?? You probably haven't been in this section much.

I don't expect her to be aware of the "black struggle" as long as she stays in Nigeria. She probably thinks men are smarter than women sef undecided

The thing is, no matter how stup1d she sounds to us, she is a product of the society she grew up in. Most Nigerian women think like that.

Hopefully, with time, these women will be free from mental slavery.

I try to avoid this section. Nigerian married life is depressing.

LOL just leave her alone. I promise you, that girl is no more than 15.

MzNelly:

Staying at home and cooking and cleaning for my husband doesn't make me less of a strong woman.
The Bible states that the females would long for her husband. It also states that the female should keep quiet in the church.
Going by this, it is divinely stated that a man and a woman can never really be placed on the same pedestal.
There is no equality between a man and a woman, and never will be. Either sexually, physically, socially, even spiritually.

Jesu!

You know that back in the days, women weren't allowed to sing in church because of that ridiculous bible verse.

If things are as they were, you wouldn't be allowed to speak, sing, or pray in church.

Give thanks to feminist for changing that.

In fact, you'd be at home cooking/cleaning and not on the internet.

3 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by naijaboiy: 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Why do I want guys to treat me special? Don't use opinions of other ladies to judge me. I never said that.

Thanks
Stop making noise jare! grin

You are typing here like a champion but you'll act like a dove outside.

There was something you said about your dad having sex with your mother which I find really preposterous.

You sound like you don't have respect for him because he's a man.

Don't insult your relatives or people close to you just to prove your point. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
liquidmetall:

Feminism this, feminism that
Why are they not clamouring for equal rights in the military so that they can be given a chance to go and rescue chibok girls

Or does it mean equal rights is not needed in war front
Like that other thread I saw where a guy was sacked because he refused to carry his madam's bag
Thats the kind of place or kind of enviroment that they want equal rights
Where they can order someone to carry their handbag full of brown powder
You must be living under a rock if you don't know that there are women in the military and war fronts.

You would understand what feminism is all about a lot better, if you took out time to educate yourself or atleast, let others educate you.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Yet, Priscilla, Aquilla, Deborah, Huldah and Miriam weren't silent.

That makes them a rebel?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
freecocoa:
You should have asked if I was a religious person, before coming up with the above.

I don't do the bible and I'm sure some others on this thread don't, now can you come up with something people like myself can relate to?

Btw, you can choose to stay home all you want, why does it have to be same for all women?

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by JudgementHammer: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Who cares?

Stay here and be deceiving yourself. There are some men who are pro-feminists.

Lol better start searching for one and ensure in ur best interest and effort that even incompatibility won't be an excuse not to marry him. Cuz 2 d best of my knowledge in reality(not in a dream world), ordinary normal men who are marriageable are scarce let alone special ability men of feminism

I shouldn't even be engaging in this discussion. I'm sure u'll say next dat u'll marry a man that thinks exactly like u. Reality answers it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Yet, Priscilla, Aquilla, Deborah, Huldah and Miriam weren't silent.

That makes them a rebel?

These 4 taught in a church?

I need Bible proof for that?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by hamilton62(m): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Dear, are you a born again?
Because if you aren't it takes a lady who has mingled with old and clear minds and groomed with morales under a true religious mother to say all these...
I love you for this...
Surely, your home will be filled with joy and positivity because you deserve more... Your hubby or to be is lucky.
God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

That does not answer my question.

Explain what you mean and tell me how what you listed is reason not to be placed on the same pedestal with men.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by sacredheart: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

I just had to quote this.. im not a feminist but still I find your post rather disturbing!

God didn't command women to keep shut in church, Paul did(and it was a letter to the Corinthians not every woman in general) aside this, I'm finding it weird that any woman in this generation would rather prefer to be seen and not heard in the church.. and coming from a woman is just out of imagination.
there's no equality between a man and a woman even spiritually? wow! you mean God would answer a man's prayer before mine ? and vice versa.. that's bs! that a woman longs for her husband(which every body does anyways regardless of sex) means she's of no equal to him?
also socially cab you redefine this aspect please?
and by sexuality, I don't grab? what exactly?..
I only agree with the physical aspect. you need to start bringing up facts...seriously!

in marriage, the man is the head and was commanded to love his wife
the woman, commanded to be submissive
equally the man was commanded to respect his wife.
if men of today go by the marital law given to them , I'm quite sure there will be no need to fight for this gender equality in marriage.. but how can you expect me to submit to a man who cheats on me??! loool that's funny!

outside of marriage, no man dare says hes better than me and expect my submission.. he's Jonzing

3 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by 50calibre(m): 4:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

When the featherbrained lady you posted her jargons get the meaning of feminism, you can mention me for an intelligent conversation.

I'm not fighting for any equal rights because i'm equal with anybody both male and female all-together. No one can trample and ride on my ego because i'm a female. Dude, the world is fast evolving!

Feminism is fighting on how to change men view about us, eh.
-Empowering women to work hard.
-Making women to stop depending on guys financially. Work to make your own money and spare their insults.
-Changing our female archaic view e.g how can a man whistle at you and you answer him?. angry Are you a dog?
-Stopping women from objectifying themselves etc

Y'all need to get an education. I'm tired of ignorance of Nigerian men. angry

Bla! Bla!! Bla!!! What a load of jargon. You don't know what talking about, just spitting out propaganda you've been exposed to via Hollywood movies, tv shows and music.

Equality is a very broad term, the only equality which exists between a man and a woman; is equality before the law (which in some cases isn't strictly true) any other form of equality is just an illusion, nature has made clear distinctions between men & women, you've just got to accept it & make the best of what you're.

Perhaps you've been reading too many Chimanda Adichie books or listening to too many beyonce songs.. I understand though, You're still young and going through a phase of youthful exuberance. How old are you? 18? 19?..... At this point, you probably think you have the world at your feet but don't worry with time you will begin to get a clearer perspective on life.

Being strong headed or dogmatic will only do you more harm than good. Wisdom is not about jumping on the bandwagon, it's about understanding what's good for you, it's about understanding and appreciating our social/cultural diversity as humans.

Lol Ironically, someday your dad is going to trade you for money to a man, you're going to drop your maiden name and adopt his.. When you get to his house, tell him you're equal.

3 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Ilekeh(f): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Before Feminist, women weren't allowed to do these things....MzNelly, take note:

1. She could get fired for being pregnant. Working women could have their careers cut short if they became pregnant until the passage of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, which outlawed the practice.

2. She couldn't sue for sexual harassment. When Title VII was passed in 1964, it was supposed to eliminate sex discrimination in the workplace. But courts didn't recognize sexual harassment in the workplace until 1977. That maybe because defining sexual harassment was still murky until 1980, when the term was officially defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

3. Marital rape wasn't criminalized. Rape within the confines of marriage wasn't recognized as a crime in all 50 states until 1993. Meaning, a women basically couldn't refuse sex to her husband or legally fight back if he raped her.

4.In many states, women couldn't serve on juries. Using the justification that women shouldn't be asked to leave the home, or that their sensibilities were too delicate to hear the gory details during a trial, women in many states couldn't serve on a jury until 1973, when female jurors were permitted in the courtroom throughout the country.

5. They didn't have the right to vote. While the Constitution never prohibited women from voting in the past, the passing of the 19th Amendment made the right a standard for women across the country. Ironically, however, women could hold public office—the first female member of Congress was elected in 1917—but she couldn't even vote for herself to earn the position.

6. Apply to graduate school as a married woman.
At least if you were this woman. Harvard's response to her application has to be seen to be believed

7. Report cases of sexual harassment in the workplace.
The first time that a court recognized sexual harassment in the workplace was in 1977 and it wasn’t until 1980 that sexual harassment was officially defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by ronald4lif(m): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Interesting debate.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
hamilton62:

Dear, are you a born again?
Because if you aren't it takes a lady who has mingled with old and clear minds and groomed with morales under a true religious mother to say all these...
I love you for this...
Surely, your home will be filled with joy and positivity because you deserve more... Your hubby or to be is lucky.
God bless you
Her hubby to be will be lucky because she would "keep quiet" and watch him run her life?

What a joke.grin
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
naijaboiy:

Stop making noise jare! grin

You are typing here like a champion but you'll act like a dove outside.

There was something you said about your dad having sex with your mother which I find really preposterous.

You sound like you don't have respect for him because he's a man.

Don't insult your relatives or people close to you just to prove your point. undecided
That's not insult.

Well, okay.
BTW, I have a respect for him.

My point is that my dad paying my school fees doesn't mean I should cower for any man. That's his responsibility.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by sacredheart: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

let me assume you are a Christian..

that question is very funny o!

yes they taught in a church!!
surprised? I hope you are aware a church isn't a building.. where two or more are gathered there's the presence of God.. so yes! they taught in a church.. And weren't condemned! so that Paul's verse is strictly his opinion.. hope you have your lips locked while in church?

if you live bt your own rules..cool but don't try to call others who live differently stupid.. its their lives as well..
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
freecocoa:
That does not answer my question.

Explain what you mean and tell me how what you listed is reason not to be placed on the same pedestal with men.

Are you equal with a man socially? Can you work 12 hours on a construction site?

Are you equal with a man physically? Can you box with a man, if given the chance?

Are you equal with a man sexually? Can you sleep around and not be termed nasty names?

Are you equal with a man spiritually? (In the church, I mean) Preaching and teaching?

I dunno about you, but we are not equal in these areas.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by naijaboiy: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

That's not insult.

Well, okay.
BTW, I have a respect for him.

My point is that my dad paying my school fees doesn't mean I should cower for any man. That's his responsibility.
Okay Good!
Keep up the feminism fight grin

You go come romance section come meet me grin
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ilekeh:
Before Feminist, women weren't allowed to do these things....MzNelly, take note:

1. She could get fired for being pregnant. Working women could have their careers cut short if they became pregnant until the passage of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, which outlawed the practice.

2. She couldn't sue for sexual harassment. When Title VII was passed in 1964, it was supposed to eliminate sex discrimination in the workplace. But courts didn't recognize sexual harassment in the workplace until 1977. That maybe because defining sexual harassment was still murky until 1980, when the term was officially defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

3. Marital rape wasn't criminalized. Rape within the confines of marriage wasn't recognized as a crime in all 50 states until 1993. Meaning, a women basically couldn't refuse sex to her husband or legally fight back if he raped her.

4.In many states, women couldn't serve on juries. Using the justification that women shouldn't be asked to leave the home, or that their sensibilities were too delicate to hear the gory details during a trial, women in many states couldn't serve on a jury until 1973, when female jurors were permitted in the courtroom throughout the country.

5. They didn't have the right to vote. While the Constitution never prohibited women from voting in the past, the passing of the 19th Amendment made the right a standard for women across the country. Ironically, however, women could hold public office—the first female member of Congress was elected in 1917—but she couldn't even vote for herself to earn the position.

6. Apply to graduate school as a married woman.
At least if you were this woman. Harvard's response to her application has to be seen to be believed
I don't like to just give it all out, it's fun to let these ones entertain you, you know.wink

How a woman who knows almost nothing about 'the struggle' can come up with the things I read on here leaves me laughing, wondering and finally feeling sorry for them, it's really sad sha.cry
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by liquidmetall: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
freecocoa:
You must be living under a rock if you don't know that there are women in the military and war fronts.

You would understand what feminism is all about a lot better, if you took out time to educate yourself or atleast, let others educate you.

Please in which war front?? Can u show me please,
With pics and facts in the nigerian army

And please no inuslts

I know a lot about feminism, keep ur education to ur self
From when it started the motive was right until when nigerian women knew about it...
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by hamilton62(m): 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
gospi:

Dat is Jesus,we are not equal to Jesus,God created men and women and says we are equal. And u "Man" say we are not equal and I'm suppsd to take urs? Please if u lack wisdom ask from God. Be mistaking position for who you are.
Please, can you quote where it is in the bible that a MAN and a WOMAN are equal if you are a christian?
Mind you, don't accuse God if you know nothing about an idea, it's better you shy away because it could be detrimental.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by chumakk: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

When the featherbrained lady you posted her jargons get the meaning of feminism, you can mention me for an intelligent conversation.

I'm not fighting for any equal rights because i'm equal with anybody both male and female all-together. No one can trample and ride on my ego because i'm a female. Dude, the world is fast evolving!

Feminism is fighting on how to change men view about us, eh
-Empowering women to work hard.
-Making women to stop depending on guys financially. Work to make your own money and spare their insults.
-Changing our female archaic view e.g how can a man whistle at you and you answer him?. angry Are you a dog?
-Stopping women from objectifying themselves etc

Y'all need to get an education. I'm tired of ignorance of Nigerian men. angry

The good thing about feminism is that men love you people because they love completion but the end of the game is that you usually lose.

Anyway, those points you listed above is not feminism. "Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment"

It is a good idea that's a bad idea. personally, i see feminism as an NGO project in the class of incurable diseases or poverty eradication program that you know it is not possible to remove them till Jesus come. To understand why this feminism thing is not possible. Just observe a little girl and boy on how they play and what they play with or observe what courses students take in school. Which group usually take the hardest course. Then go to the business world. Which set of people takes the highest risk. The phone/pc you are using to read this message is invented by which set of people? Who built that house you are living in? That road you follow everyday to work. Who physically labored to make it possible?

My friend, men have worked hard since the beginning of the world and they will not just hand over to women over night (this the idea of feminism. share everything equal. It is like our political zoning) It is just how they are created. Women have their place. They are the ones that make men work harder. Men and women are unit. They are not made to compete especially in marriage. The k-leg in feminism ideology is that of equality. Even all men are not equal. Equality is hard to achieve in this world because not everybody started equally
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
sacredheart:

let me assume you are a Christian..

that question is very funny o!

yes they taught in a church!!
surprised? I hope you are aware a church isn't a building.. where two or more are gathered there's the presence of God.. so yes! they taught in a church.. And weren't condemned! so that Paul's verse is strictly his opinion.. hope you have your lips locked while in church?

if you live bt your own rules..cool but don't try to call others who live differently stupid.. its their lives as well..

A church is a building, and they never taught in one.

Be whatever you want to be, my opinion shouldn't bother you.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Romans16:1 Phoebe was called a deacon.

Acts 18 Priscilla and Aquilla were ministers. Priscilla was more prominent than her husband Appollo.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by sacredheart: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

A church is a building, and they never taught in one.

Be whatever you want to be, my opinion shouldn't bother you.

a church is a building... buhahahahaha!

I give up!

3 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by ronald4lif(m): 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
liquidmetall:

Please in which war front?? Can u show me please,
With pics and facts in the nigerian army

And please no inuslts

I know a lot about feminism, keep ur education to ur self
From when it started the motive was right until when nigerian women knew about it...

Sorry but this is funny. Are you alluding that Nigerian women brand of feminism is different from that of the rest of the world?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee, how market?

I see you are busy again gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics) / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo) / Theory Of The Modern Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.