Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3049102 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Nigerian Troops Kill Boko Haram 'Ameer', 18 Terrorists At Chukungudu In Borno State

Nigerian troops comprising soldiers from 22 Brigade Garrison, 153 Task Force Battalion of 7 Division and 8 Task Force Division as well as Nigeria Air Force Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) and some Civilian JTF carried out a carefully planned and deliberate attack on Boko Haram terrorists' stronghold and camp at Chukungudu yesterday following credible information on the presence of their camp and other facilities at Chukungudu.

TNigerian troops comprising soldiers from 22 Brigade Garrison, 153 Task Force Battalion of 7 Division and 8 Task Force Division as well as Nigeria Air Force Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) and some Civilian JTF carried out a carefully planned and deliberate attack on Boko Haram terrorists' stronghold and camp at Chukungudu yesterday following credible information on the presence of their camp and other facilities at Chukungudu.

A statement issued by the Acting Director of Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, revealed that the troops encountered Boko Haram terrorists' ambush positions at Muskari, Gilam and Hausasi while advancing to the location before descending on their primary objective at Chukungudu.

The statement added that the troops killed 19 terrorists including a notorious leader of Boko Haram in the area known as "Ameer" Abubakar Gana during the encounter.

"They discovered and destroyed the terrorists' improvised explosive devices (IEDs)- making factory as well as discovered and successfully detonated four primed IEDs.

"The troops also recovered two Anti-Aircraft Guns, one AK-47 Rifle, one pistol, one Rocket Propelled Gun (RPG) Bomb, one AK-47 Magazine, 267 rounds of 7.62mm (NATO) metal links ammunition and 23 rounds of 12.7mm belt ammunition.

"Other recovered items include one Canter truck, one Gun truck, one Land Rover vehicle and a Toyota Hilux vehicle.

"Unfortunately, however, two soldiers suffered gunshot wounds as a result of enemy action. Meanwhile, it is gratifying to state that both of them are very stable and responding to treatment at the Field Ambulance.", according to the statement.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:21am On Jun 04, 2016
MORE..........

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
#RANDOM PICTURES......

1st & 2nd pictures shows recently refurbished vickers MBT @ Nigeria army armored corps; (NAAN). A light Scorpion tank can be seeing @ the far background.

3rd & 4th pictures shows NAF pilot student during flight test.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
bidexiii:
#RANDOM PICTURES......

1st & 2nd pictures shows recently refurbished vickers MBT @ Nigeria army armored corps; (NAAN). A light Scorpion tank can be seeing @ the far background.

3rd & 4th pictures shows NAF pilot student during flight test.
I jst hope it has been digitized even if it is minimal, cos anything other than that is not acceptable
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
giles14:
I jst hope it has been digitized even if it is minimal, cos anything other than that is not acceptable

Digitalised an antique......... cheesy.........

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
32 troops killed in Niger clash with Boko Haram

Niamey (AFP) - Thirty-two troops have been killed in a clash with Boko Haram fighters on Niger's border with Nigeria, Niger's defence ministry said on Saturday, one of deadliest tolls inflicted by the jihadists.

In neighbouring Nigeria, the army meanwhile said it had killed 19 Boko Haram militants in separate fighting in northeast Borno state, while two soldiers suffered gunshot wounds.

In the Niger fighting, "hundreds of assailants" attacked a military post in the Niger town of Bosso on Friday evening, the defence ministry said in a statement that gave a "provisional toll" of 30 Nigerien and two Nigerian soldiers killed and 67 wounded.

"On the enemy's side, several dead and injured were taken away," the ministry said.

"Boko Haram elements effectively took control of the town temporarily, but now they were dislodged," a security source said.

Local resident and former MP Elhaj Aboubacar said: "They drove up at twilight, shouting Allahu Akbar (God is Great), they fired a lot of shots and torched many places in Bosso."

"We don't know where our military went, but one thing is for sure, Boko Haram were able to do what they liked until dawn," Aboubacar said.

"The situation is under control and calm has returned," the defence ministry said, adding that a "mopping up" operation was underway by land and air.

- 19 Boko Haram fighters killed -

Since February 2015, Niger has been plagued by Boko Haram attacks in its southeast region.

The Islamists frequently stage cross-border raids from their stronghold in neighbouring Nigeria.

Boko Haram's seven-year insurgency has devastated infrastructure in Nigeria's impoverished northeast region and forced around 2.1 million people in Nigeria to flee their homes, according to the UN's refugee agency.

The unrest has left at least 20,000 people dead in Nigeria and made more than 2.6 million homeless.

In the latest clashes there 19 Boko Haram militants were killed in Borno, according to the military.

Acting upon an intelligence report on the presence of Boko Haram fighters in the militants' Chukungudu camp, Nigerian troops and civilian JTF (joint task force) members launched the attack on Friday.

"During the encounter at the camp, the troops killed 19 Boko Haram terrorists including their notorious leader in the area, called Ameer Abubakar Gana," the army said in a statement.

The two soldiers who suffered gunshot wounds were said to be responding to treatment.

The troops destroyed an improvised explosive devices (IED) making factory, detonated four primed IEDs, recovered two anti-aircraft guns and other weapons and vehicles.

There was no independent confirmation of the army statement.

The latest clashes came as a multinational force from Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon prepared to launch a major offensive on Boko Haram around Lake Chad.

Nigeria has struggled to acquire military hardware for troops fighting Boko Haram, with Western governments reluctant to provide weapons partly because of its army's human rights record.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
#AFSF.....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 2:15am On Jun 05, 2016
Henry240:

No point going back and forth with a buffoon. You can't dumb down to his level, no point forcing it.
Clap for yourself. This reminds me of a wise saying: "One resort to abuse, curse, and name-calling when one have exhausted every other words possible".
I only See and Spot Magnified and Amplied Low Self Esteem.
Only Defeated and Beaten fellow resort to Abuse and Name calling as Final missile of defense.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 05, 2016
Vikkie14:
Clap for yourself. This reminds me of a wise saying: "One resort to abuse, curse, and name-calling when one have exhausted every other words possible".
I only See and Spot Magnified and Amplied Low Self Esteem.
Only Defeated and Beaten fellow resort to Abuse and Name calling as Final missile of defense.

buffoon - /bəˈfuːn/
noun
1. a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

You should learn to differentiate a statement-of-fact from an "abuse".
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:57am On Jun 05, 2016
#AFSF PARACHUTING...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:02am On Jun 05, 2016
Niger Regains Control of Border Town After Boko Haram Attack

Niger’s army regained control of Bosso near the southeastern border with neighboring Nigeria on Saturday after one of the biggest attacks in the country by Islamic militant group Boko Haram last night left 32 soldiers dead and forced the military to retreat.
“This morning our forces are in Bosso and occupy the town,” Niger Defense Minister Hassoumi Massoudou said by phone from Niamey, the capital. “The situation is under control.”
The attack on Bosso started 7 p.m. on Friday while militants remained in the town until 3 a.m., Bosso Mayor Mamadou Elhadi Bako said by phone on Saturday. Residents were fleeing Bosso, Bako said, adding that he was sending his own family to the nearby town of Diffa. The attackers took weapons and ammunition, he said.

Dozens of Boko Haram members were killed and wounded while 30 Nigerien and two Nigerian soldiers died and another 67 got injured during the attack, Massoudou said.
Niger’s southeastern Diffa region has been under a state of emergency since last year after Boko Haram started carrying out attacks in the country. The Islamist militant group has been waging a seven-year offensive from Nigeria that killed tens of thousands of people and spilled over to Cameroon, Chad and Niger, displacing as many as seven million, according to the U.S. government.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
#CION PICTURES.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-niger-delta-group-vows-to-bomb-aso-rock-national-assembly-nnpc-others/
https://www.nairaland.com/3149677/niger-delta-militants-vow-bomb-aso-rock
“We shall embarrass the self acclaimed Nigerian Air Force with their recent deployment of fighter aircraft, helicopter gunship and surveillance aircraft when at this digital age, countries are talking about Missile development, and they still condescend so low of their present obsolete equipment. This is sad indeed!”
Even the JNDLF knew we have no airforce. Are they pitying the NAF or telling them to up their ante and get "befitting" platforms for the country? Considering the threats they've made, are we suppose to wave it as just a threat until they carry it out? In the event of such launch, i want to see how we respond to it. I think our amiable ANALYST that said "we buy according to our NEED and not our WANT", now sees that that WANT is now our NEED. Goodafternoon CyberGs.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
Oga Bidexii, you got any movie you can recommend for me?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vikkie14:
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-niger-delta-group-vows-to-bomb-aso-rock-national-assembly-nnpc-others/
Even the JNDLF knew we have no airforce. Are they pitying the NAF or telling them to up their ante and get "befitting" platforms for the country? Considering the threats they've made, are we suppose to wave it as just a threat until they carry it out? In the event of such launch, i want to see how we respond to it. I think our amiable ANALYST that said "we buy according to our NEED and not our WANT", now sees that that WANT is now our NEED. Goodafternoon CyberGs.

Very empty rant. They can't launch jackshit. Best is they fabricate crude rockets that can fly 2-3km - the tyoe Hamas and FSA shoot all over Middle East. But threatening to hit any target in far away Abuja, even Asaba or PH is silly boast of an ogogoro drunkard. You'll need a medium range missile to achieve that and that comes with some complexities which is outside of what they can so possess.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vikkie14:

Even with our dead or surging airforce they can't attack or come near airforce assets. The eating or coming near "aso rock" is writing a letter to an early grave.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
homerac7:

Very empty rant. They can't launch jackshit. Best is they fabricate crude rockets that can fly 2-3km - the tyoe Hamas and FSA shoot all over Middle East. But threatening to hit any target in far away Abuja, even Asaba or PH is silly boast of an ogogoro drunkard. You'll need a medium range missile to achieve that and that comes with some complexities which is outside of what they can so possess.
I tire the way some people so much believe NDA can launch a rocket not to talk of guided missile when they can't even build a bridge in their communities. Nigerians are full of surprises. The worse the can do is to blow up pipelines with dynamites which is not a rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vikkie14:
Oga Bidexii, you got any movie you can recommend for me?

EYE IN THE SKYE.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
iblawi:

I tire the way some people so much believe NDA can launch a rocket not to talk of guided missile when they can't even build a bridge in their communities. Nigerians are full of surprises. The worse the can do is to blow up pipelines with dynamites which is not a rocket science.

The missile empty threats are all over the dailies today, I just laughed........ grin grin shocked

But the truth is war is not going to end the militancy....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
#NN PICTURES.....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
bidexiii:

The missile empty threats are all over the dailies today, I just laughed........ grin grin shocked

But the truth is war is not going to end the militancy....
Yes, you are right. But am not in support of military not learning how to defend the resources in Niger delta. It will be hard, frustrating and intimidating at first but with time they will perform to expectation just like it happened in Sambisa and Liberia.
Military must be able to defend any part of the country better than any militant or terrorist group.
Every military learn from experience and that is what makes them better not by bribing militant because whenever they have a new demand you repeat the loop again.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
homerac7:

Dont let's call it an EMPTY RANT--we should treat all threats as "grave-warning". Sure, i know that they will have to have something of medium range to hit their target in ABJ, but we should be a step ahead. Empty or no empty, we should regard that as a threat.
Abuja might be far away from ND but have you think of the possibility of launching right there in Abuja?
One thing i know is that there is no way they can possess such tech (but last civil war is a pointer on how desperate time can call for desperate action)to launch a medium range missile but dont let's forget some "powerful nation" might be funding them to achieve their aim of destabilizing the country. Same as we know BH received foreign funding and arming.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nigerian delegation visits PAC

http://www.pac.org.pk/news

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
iblawi:

Yes, you are right. But am not in support of military not learning how to defend the resources in Niger delta. It will be hard, frustrating and intimidating at first but with time they will perform to expectation just like it happened in Sambisa and Liberia.
Military must be able to defend any part of the country better than any militant or terrorist group.
Every military learn from experience and that is what makes them better not by bribing militant because whenever they have a new demand you repeat the loop again.

You are right mate. But I wouldn't blame the military I will blame the government and stake holders in the sector. The niger delta has a very thick and vast vegetation. We need 4th generation assets to keep these oil installation safe, they can only do there best.

@ least almost ten soldiers has died defending there positions.

Below are pictures of vast aerial view of the ND creecks.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
iblawi:

i'm quite sure you know NDA is not JNDLF and if you dont, now you know.
Secondly, no one is saying they have "faith" in their threats but you gotta treat every threats as "security-concern". And Mister, because they didn't build a bridge doesn't mean they MIGHT not possess such-- though probability of having that is 94% in the negative bar.
My point is, threats and warning shouldn't be taken lightly.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
bidexiii:
Nigerian delegation visits PAC

http://www.pac.org.pk/news
Thunder and maybe some bombs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
bidexiii:

EYE IN THE SKYE.
Do you mean SKY
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
bidexiii:

EYE IN THE SKYE.
Do you mean SKY?? By the name, i think that should do with something relating to Airplane.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vikkie14:
i'm quite sure you know NDA is not JNDLF and if you dont, now you know.
Secondly, no one is saying they have "faith" in their threats but you gotta treat every threats as "security-concern". And Mister, because they didn't build a bridge doesn't mean they MIGHT not possess such-- though probability of having that is 94% in the negative bar.
My point is, threats and warning shouldn't be taken lightly.

@vikkie I totally agree with you that those threats should not be taking with light hand/levity. And trust me SSS officials would av swung into action to verify such authenticity of there threats.

But forget it those people don't poses guided missiles or what ever they claim they have, it might be improvised bombs. And they can only bomb else where they can't get close to aso rock. The security is fucken tight cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vikkie14:
Do you mean SKY?? By the name, i think that should do with something relating to Airplane.

Sorry pls
Eye in the sky grin

It's about a British drone strike that killed innocent kids and lead to international conflict........etc interesting movie.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
Vikkie14:
Thunder and maybe some bombs.

All fingers are crossed for now.
I just hope something good comes out of these visiting and visiting to PAC's facility.... angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
#CION/TRANSPORTATION....

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.