Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3021700 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jelal007(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2016
IbnSultaan:

Your are a special breed of tribalistic Nigerian,
CNS is not from the North not to even assume his Hausa, yet u came with ur useless rant on operation code. Ur insults shows ur immaturity and indiscipline.

The military has moved ahead of ur tribalism check the NA under Buratai key operational positions in Army are held by so called outsiders(Using ur tribalistic view) bc the had the qualification to hold such (eg OPs lafiya Dole).
giles14 the people of Ops Lafiya Dole theater are not hausas yet the operation to liberated them is in Hausa. It doesn't change the reality on ground.

See how stupid you are? Your sense of reasoning is quite pathetic,no doubt ur people pay a heavy price 4 it. Myopic senseless animal. I asked a simple question which a retard like urself can never understand (thanks 2 ur low mental abilities). If it wasn't 4u unbearable,unhospitable bastards (hausa lot) would there even be problem in d North in d 1st place? Aren't ur brothers among d bastards slaughtering and bombing people? Who gives a shit if all the key positions are held by outsiders? What's my business with that? Again,stupid...the question is: Why are military exercises/operations code named commonly in HAUSA? Fool,call me a tribalist 4 asking such a question. Akuya like you!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2016
jelal007:
See how stupid you are? Your sense of reasoning is quite pathetic,no doubt ur people pay a heavy price 4 it. Myopic senseless animal. I asked a simple question which a retard like urself can never understand (thanks 2 ur low mental abilities). If it wasn't 4u unbearable,unhospitable bastards (hausa lot) would there even be problem in d North in d 1st place? Aren't ur brothers among d bastards slaughtering and bombing people? Who gives a shit if all the key positions are held by outsiders? What's my business with that? Again,stupid...the question is: Why are military exercises/operations code named commonly in HAUSA? Fool,call me a tribalist 4 asking such a question. Akuya like you!!!
You are one bitter and pained individual, I don't insult cause I wasn't raised in the motor park.
Check my response I didn't call you a FOOL but since you know u are one thanks for telling us .
To be sincere ur upstairs is empty
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jelal007(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
IbnSultaan:

You are one bitter and pained individual, I don't insult cause I wasn't raised in the motor park.
Check my response I didn't call you a FOOL but since you know u are one thanks for telling us .
To be sincere ur upstairs is empty
I'm pained that u monkeys seem 2 think everything u do is correct and shouldn't be questioned. I asked a simple question,which u can't comprehend; why are military exercises/operations code named in hausa? U don't have a good response other than name calling. If ur upstairs were full,u would've given us a good answer. Silly boy who belongs 2d 'HERD GROUP'. Did u think 4 once I'm d kind of person u would insult n get away with? Ram.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
Top five best militaries in Africa

1.South Africa

2.RSA

3.Mzansi

4.The Rainbow Nation

5.members Of BRICS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xer0: 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jayceon:
1.South Africa
2.RSA
3.Mzansi
4.The Rainbow Nation
5.members Of BRICS
Clap for yourself
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
@IbnSultaan & @Jayceon;

I beg u guys again it's okay.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jayceon:

1.South Africa

2.RSA

3.Mzansi

4.The Rainbow Nation

5.members Of BRICS

U ar a complicated and funny dude.

These thread is not a rating or where we compare strongest militarily. It will eventually lead to argument, which you know has well. I think there is a thread for that. Tnx for ur cooperation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
#BATTLEFIELD PICTURES
#NA INFANTRY RADIO MAN

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
bidexiii:

U ar a complicated and funny dude.

These thread is not a rating or where we compare strongest militarily. It will eventually lead to argument, which you know has well. I think there is a thread for that. Tnx for ur cooperation.
yeah I know the thread is not about rating,I was just pointing out that those five countries are the deadliest
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jayceon:
yeah I know the thread is not about rating,I was just pointing out that those five countries are the deadliest

RSA,MZANSI.......etc...........?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
NIGERIA WILL INK JF-17 DEAL IN NOVEMBER

According to IHS Jane’s, Nigeria has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Pakistan for the purchase of an undisclosed number of JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighters. The contract is expected to be inked in November in Pakistan during the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) in Karachi.

Notes, Comments & Analysis:

Reports of a firm order emerged in January when a Nigerian newspaper, Punch, reported that $35 million U.S. had been allocated in the annual budget for three JF-17s and 10 Super Mushshak basic trainers for the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), the latter was officially finalized in June.

Negotiations between Nigeria and Pakistan likely began at the end of 2014, when the NAF had formally expressed interest in the JF-17. During IDEAS 2014, it was reported that the NAF could ultimately procure 25-40 JF-17s. While official numbers were not disclosed, it is likely that the NAF’s total order will not be as large given that it has numerous close air support (CAS) platforms in the acquisition pipeline, such as the Mi-35M assault helicopter and A-29 Super Tucano (which is still awaiting U.S. approval).

Considering that the main operational focus of the NAF at this time is counterinsurgency (COIN), it is likely that the NAF’s JF-17s will be configured for the strike role. Nigeria’s fruitful defence ties with China should enable it to procure a range of precision-guided munitions (PGM), such as the LT-series of laser-guided bombs. It is possible that Pakistan may seek to export domestically produced PGMs as well, such as the Global Industrial Defence Solutions (GIDS) Range Extension Kit (REK).

In its air defence configuration, the JF-17 would also imbue the NAF with relatively potent capabilities (especially if it can secure the SD-10 active radar-guided air-to-air missile). Among Nigeria’s immediate neighbours, only Chad possesses a modern fighter platform – i.e. the MiG-29 Fulcrum. However, it is not known how well these fighters are armed in terms of modern air-to-air munitions.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
bidexiii:
#BATTLEFIELD PICTURES
#NA INFANTRY RADIO MAN

Rare images (IMO). What is the ratio of radio man to a platoon in the NA. These guys can be game changers in a battle. Are regular soldiers allowed to undergo training as radio man in the NA.
I've seen war footages in the ME where regular soldiers do this job.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
bidexiii:
NIGERIA WILL INK JF-17 DEAL IN NOVEMBER

According to IHS Jane’s, Nigeria has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Pakistan for the purchase of an undisclosed number of JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighters. The contract is expected to be inked in November in Pakistan during the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) in Karachi.

Notes, Comments & Analysis:

Reports of a firm order emerged in January when a Nigerian newspaper, Punch, reported that $35 million U.S. had been allocated in the annual budget for three JF-17s and 10 Super Mushshak basic trainers for the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), the latter was officially finalized in June.

Negotiations between Nigeria and Pakistan likely began at the end of 2014, when the NAF had formally expressed interest in the JF-17. During IDEAS 2014, it was reported that the NAF could ultimately procure 25-40 JF-17s. While official numbers were not disclosed, it is likely that the NAF’s total order will not be as large given that it has numerous close air support (CAS) platforms in the acquisition pipeline, such as the Mi-35M assault helicopter and A-29 Super Tucano (which is still awaiting U.S. approval).

Considering that the main operational focus of the NAF at this time is counterinsurgency (COIN), it is likely that the NAF’s JF-17s will be configured for the strike role. Nigeria’s fruitful defence ties with China should enable it to procure a range of precision-guided munitions (PGM), such as the LT-series of laser-guided bombs. It is possible that Pakistan may seek to export domestically produced PGMs as well, such as the Global Industrial Defence Solutions (GIDS) Range Extension Kit (REK).

In its air defence configuration, the JF-17 would also imbue the NAF with relatively potent capabilities (especially if it can secure the SD-10 active radar-guided air-to-air missile). Among Nigeria’s immediate neighbours, only Chad possesses a modern fighter platform – i.e. the MiG-29 Fulcrum. However, it is not known how well these fighters are armed in terms of modern air-to-air munitions.
d mig29 is a potent fighter we should also get a bvr missile
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
giles14:
d mig29 is a potent fighter we should also get a bvr missile

Definitely.........
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
persius555:

Rare images (IMO). What is the ratio of radio man to a platoon in the NA. These guys can be game changers in a battle. Are regular soldiers allowed to undergo training as radio man in the NA.
I've seen war footages in the ME where regular soldiers do this job.

Have posted NA radio men.

The Nigeria army signals corps is responsible for the training of radio-men in our military, also the navy & airforce regiments. The ratio of radio men in platoon or squads, I can't tell.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
#RANDOM

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2016
CHADIAN & NIGEREAN COUNTERPARTS

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:25am On Oct 25, 2016
PRESIDENT BUHARI FLAGS-OFF 8TH NAF GAMES

The President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari has formally flagged-off the 8th Nigerian Air Force Games in Katsina State. The one-week sporting event is dubbed “KATSINA 2016” and the theme is “Sports: A Vital Tool for Professionalism in the NAF”. The objective is to promote physical fitness and comradeship among NAF personnel. A total of 13 sports are being competed for and about 670 personnel are participating in the Games.
Meanwhile President Muhammadu Buhari has used the occasion to once again applaud the contributions of the NAF to the various Internal Security (IS) Operations across the country, urging the personnel to remain focussed in discharging assigned statutory responsibilities with a high sense of commitment and patriotism to the nation. While noting that the hosting of the Games is apt as it would help to promote physical fitness and reawaken regimentation among personnel, the President, speaking through the Honourable Minister of Defence, Muhammad Mansur Dan-Ali, stated that the government is committed to providing the NAF with the needed logistics to enhance its operations and the welfare of the personnel.
The Honourable Minister of Youths and Sports Development, Barrister Solomon Dalung was on hand to use the occasion to urge youths to redirect their energy into positive ventures, especially sports. The Minister noted that the contributions by the Armed Forces and Security Agencies to sports development are invaluable and therefore expressed the optimism that the NAF Games should help to produce young talents that can be drawn into national teams to represent the country in future championship.
Earlier in his opening remarks, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Mshl Sadique Abubakar stated that the 8th NAF Games is a further demonstration of the high premium that the Service places on promoting physical fitness among its personnel in order to achieve the national security objectives. “It is for this reason that the current NAF administration has embarked on provision of well-equipped gymnasium across NAF Units and Commands to promote fitness training,” said the Chief.
Highlights of the opening ceremony included lighting of the games torch, football match, combat display/taekwondo, tug of war and flypast by NAF L-39 ZA aircraft. The Special Guest of Honour, in the company of the CAS and other guests, also paid a courtesy call on the Emir of Katsina, His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr) Abdulmumini Kabir Usman CFR LLB.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
MORE....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2016
CONCLUSION.......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
#SF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
UPDATE ON ARREST OF SUSPECTED SABOTEURS AND BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS COLLABORATORS.

Please be informed the ongoing investigation on suspected Boko Haram terrorists collaborators and saboteurs in the fight against terrorism and insurgency has led to the arrest of 9 more persons over the last 24 hours, thus bringing the number to 30, this comprise of 2 officers, 2 soldiers, 2 policemen and 24 civilians. Many more suspects would be arrested and prosecuted based on evidences against them and level of culpability. Thank you for your kind cooperation. Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman Acting Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2016
Al Shabaab has launched three attacks in Kenya and Somalia in the last 24 hours

Al Shabaab militants have claimed responsibility for shooting dead a Somali intelligence officer as he walked to mosque in Mogadishu and ramming a suicide truck into an African Union military base in Beledweyne.
The group, which aims to overthrow the Western-backed government in Somalia, also targeted Kenya, killing at least 12 people identified as “non-Muslims” in an attack on a guesthouse in northeastern Kenya. The three attacks, all on Oct. 25, mark an uptick in violence before Somalia votes on new members of its parliament.
The attack in northeastern Kenya is also the latest effort by the Somali-based group to rid the Kenyan city of Mandera of Christians and other non-Muslims. Mandera, near the Kenyan border with Somalia, has become the latest focus of al Shabaab’s campaign of retribution against Kenya for contributing to the African Union mission fighting the Islamist group.
Kenyan authorities said assailants used explosives to gain entry and destroy a guesthouse in Mandera. Authorities are still searching for survivors in the rubble. According to local media, the victims were mostly university students, part of a visiting theater group. Kenyan police say 12 people have died, while al-Shabaab claims 15 were killed.
“We don’t know how many people are still trapped there in the rubble but efforts to reach them are ongoing,” an officer at the scene told the Standard, a Kenyan newspaper.
Earlier this month, al-Shabaab attacked a residential building in Mandera, killing six people. In 2014, al-Shabaab fighters hijacked a bus, forcing non-Muslims to separate themselves from the group. Twenty-eight people were killed.
The campaign to intimidate Christians may be working. Abdi Rizak, a member of Mandera’s county assembly, said some residents are leaving town. “They live in fear. Every night people hear guns around the town,” he told the Washington Post.
Mandera is also the site of one of the country’s best known recent examples of resilience. Last December, militants stopped a bus and demanded that all non-Muslims be separated from the group, but Muslim passengers on the bus refused.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Two women convicted in US of financing Somali Al-Shabab

https://www.today.ng/news/africa/204013/women-convicted-financing-somali-shabab

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2016

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:01am On Oct 26, 2016
OPENING CEREMONY OF 8TH NAF GAMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtttpm2mDTU
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2016
C295W MILITARY AIRCRAFT: AIRBUS HOLDS DISCUSSION ON SALE PROPOSAL

The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Mshl Sadique Abubakar today played host to His Excellency, the Spanish Ambassador to Nigeria, Alfonso Barnuevo Sebastian De Erice, who led two executives of Airbus Defence and Space Company (Spain) to Headquarters Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to hold further discussion on the company’s proposal to sell the C295W military aircraft to the NAF. The company, earlier in January this year, had made a presentation on the aircraft and submitted a sale proposal to the NAF. Based on its operational capabilities, the aircraft was considered suitable to meet some of the operational needs of the NAF including Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and airlift operations. The NAF has recommended the aircraft for acquisition and provisions have been made for this in the 2017 budget proposal. Meanwhile the Chief has urged the visiting team to start looking into training areas for NAF pilots and technicians on the aircraft. This, the CAS said, is with a view to ensuring a smooth take-off for the operation of the aircraft in the event of its approval by the Federal Government. The NAF is interested in the variant of the aircraft that is capable of undertaking multiple roles.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:21am On Oct 26, 2016
C295W Transport and Surveillance Aircraft.

C295W, the latest variant of C295 military transport aircraft, is being manufactured by Airbus Defence and Space. The new aircraft is equipped with winglets and uprated engines to deliver improved performance than its predecessor.

The new generation C295W can be deployed in defence, homeland security, surveillance and humanitarian missions involving troops and cargo transport, air-dropping, communication and logistics support, anti-submarine and surface warfare, airborne early warning (AEW), maritime surveillance, and medical evacuation (MEDEVAC).

Mexican Navy (Semar) is the launch customer for the new C295W aircraft.

C295W orders and deliveries

Bangladesh placed a contract with Airbus Defence and Space in October for a C295W medium airlifter, along with a customer support and training package. The aircraft will be delivered to the Bangladesh Army Aviation in the second half of 2017.

The Royal Thai Army (RTA) received a C295W military transport aircraft from Airbus Defence and Space in June 2016.

Airbus Defence and Space also received a contract from the Mali Air Force for a C295W transport and mission aircraft in February.

Delivery of the same is scheduled to take place in the second half of this year.

The Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia placed an order with Airbus Defence and Space for four C295W aircraft in June 2015.

Design and features of the C295 variant

The C295W aircraft features a robust airframe integrating an optimised cabin and redundant systems. The medium-sized aircraft can operate either as a single transport fleet or complement heavy airlifters and transport helicopters. The new wing design with winglets allows for the carriage of more payload to long distances and ensures the aircraft to achieve 4% fuel savings.

The medium transport aircraft can be optionally fitted with a palletised aerial refuelling unit and associated computer control system to conduct air-to-air refuelling missions.

The C295W features unobstructed cabin to carry up to 71 troops or up to 9t of cargo. The aircraft can accommodate up to five 88in x108in standard HCU-6E pallets, which can be off-loaded through its rear ramp door.

Avionics suite architecture

The glass cockpit incorporates an advanced integrated avionics system including four large active matrix liquid crystal displays. The open architecture of the avionics suite supports the installation of advanced equipment. The cockpit also integrates autopilot and flight director system.

The aircraft is also equipped with fully integrated tactical system (FITS), which coordinates the data from the mission sensors to enhance mission awareness and support decision making.

Weapon systems fitted to C295W

In July, Airbus Defence and Space and Roketsan Missiles Industries signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to integrate a range of weapon systems on the Airbus C295W aircraft.

The under-wing stations of the aircraft can be fitted with CIRIT 70mm laser-guided missile, LUMTAS laser-guided, long-range anti-tank missile, and TEBER laser-guided bomb.

Aircraft countermeasures

The aircraft is installed with self-defence equipment and systems including cockpit armour, radar warning receiver (RWR), missile approach warning system (MAWS), laser warning system (LWS), and chaff / flares dispensers.

C295W engine and performance

The C295W is equipped with two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127G turboprop engines driving a pair of Hamilton Standard 586-F six-bladed propellers. The engines deliver superior performance in hot and high conditions.

The C295W can fly at a maximum cruise speed of 480km/h and can reach a maximum altitude of 25,000ft. Its low-level flight characteristics allow flying at a minimum speed of 110kt. The aircraft is equipped with a retractable tri-cycle landing gear, which enables operations even in the most austere locations with short, soft and rough unprepared airstrips
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
#THROW BACK

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
#RANDOM

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
OFF - TOPIC

#Iraq's army (16th Division) in Tal Kayf district just a few kilometres north of #Mosul. Waiting for zero hour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.