Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3030453 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2017
jpphilips:

We already know who armed the rebels, the same people you cant arm their own people? they were armed to fight a leader who was smart enough to provide the best per capita income in Africa at the time?
The Libyan people must pay the price for removing Gaddafi, that price will be so steep that looking back every libyan will wish they never did, mark my words!!
when next America brings guns, Libyans should be smart enough to offer it to the trump haters first before destroying their country.
Bless you!
As much as the Americans can be self hating ,violent gangsters they never pick up arms against their government.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2017
Odunayaw:
Bless you!
As much as the Americans can be self hating ,violent gangsters they never pick up arms against their government.

That is the most shocking part im yet to wrap my head around, despite a plethora of gun shops littered everywhere, despite their hate for Trump, no one or group has ever taken a militant approach, even hard core Trump haters like Hannibal will say " I can't wait for this 4yrs to be over".
Somewhere in Africa and middle east, the same Americans waiting out their 4yrs hate will give weapons to them to kill themselves and they gladly accept? I don't understand, can someone help me out here pls!!
Anyways, let's respect the spirit of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2017
jpphilips:

That is the most shocking part im yet to wrap my head around, despite a plethora of gun shops littered everywhere, despite their hate for Trump, no one or group has ever taken a militant approach, even hard core Trump haters like Hannibal will say " I can't wait for this 4yrs to be over".
Somewhere in Africa and middle east, the same Americans waiting out their 4yrs hate will give weapons to them to kill themselves and they gladly accept? I don't understand, can someone help me out here pls!!
Understand? come on now its our curse
Who understands a curse? grin Anyway its not great but its the best we've got
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
slimthugchimee:

You are total fice to humanity, a little ounce of sense escapes your thinking capability, don't bring your ninnyhamish behaviours near me, you senseless tosser

Pathetic oomless pariah

Rubbish
See this demented sh!thead who stupidly calls himself a thug trash on NL. An epitome of stup!d!ty trying to form class. If u've got anything as such (class),u'll ignore my comments. N!TW!T
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
jpphilips:

Because the department of homelands security will thwart any uprising, that’s basically what it is designed for !
Have you seen it’s budgeted and acquisition recently? Just google that government org and find out.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
Jelal0007:
And u didn't see the emoji he used? Its good u learn not 2 poke ur nose where it doesn't belong. U didn't read the part where he called me a senseless person abi? If u can't be just with ur judgement,its better u keep mute. No Beef.
Are you trying to insult me or what? Him calling you senseless is after you used vulgar words. And if you can't but reply to every negative comments, then it shows you ain't matured enough to overlook issues.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guys enough is enough.we are all adults please let's stop these raining of insults.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
Who wants to jump..... grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
#NAF PILOT

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
According to the words of LT. GEN Buratai
if you hear some "say something"
if you see something say something"
Nigerian women have fought in every war before Nigeria even became a Country
Gen Buratai , if it is your desire to go down in History as the GENERAL who ended the BH INSURGENCY
Please involve Nigerian Women
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/dialogue-us-well-flush-boko-haram-kidnappers-aisha-another-female-hunter-tells-fg/
The role of the Women in the Nigerian Civil WAR is still classified.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
LTGEN:
According to the words of LT. GEN Buratai
if you hear some "say something"
if you see something say something"
Nigerian women have fought in every war before Nigeria even became a Country
Gen Buratai , if it is your desire to go down in History as the GENERAL who ended the BH INSURGENCY
Please involve Nigerian Women
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/dialogue-us-well-flush-boko-haram-kidnappers-aisha-another-female-hunter-tells-fg/
The role of the Women in the Nigerian Civil WAR is still classified.
But women have had several combat and auxiliary roles in the war effort against BH.
Unless you mean something else

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
Vikkie14:
Are you trying to insult me or what? Him calling you senseless is after you used vulgar words. And if you can't but reply to every negative comments, then it shows you ain't matured enough to overlook issues.
I warned u didn't I grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
Vikkie14:
like I give a damn wat ur definition of matured is. Again,I didn't quote him or U. So stay out of my mentions, biko. U hear?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

But women have had several combat and auxiliary roles in the war effort against BH.
Unless you mean something else

I mean something else more covert, more dangerous, right now there is a lack of clear cut HUMINT VALUABLE HUMAN INTELLIGENCE, it has to do with the change in leadership at the GOC and if I am to believe Edward @ Don Klericuzo this is what he tweeted
"Lack of dedicated intelligence and comms. Joint services efforts hampered by individual services demands."
Let me be very clear on one thing this type of INTEL is very dangerous but it is absolutely necessary, the IDF used it and in the past the Nigerian Armed forces used it and in order to bring this war to an end they are going to need to use it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
LTGEN:

I mean something else more covert, more dangerous, right now there is a lack of clear cut HUMINT VALUABLE HUMAN INTELLIGENCE, it has to do with the change in leadership at the GOC and if I am to believe Edward @ Don Klericuzo this is what he tweeted
"Lack of dedicated intelligence and comms. Joint services efforts hampered by individual services demands."
Let me be very clear on one thing this type of INTEL is very dangerous but it is absolutely necessary, the IDF used it and in the past the Nigerian Armed forces used it and in order to bring this war to an end they are going to need to use it.

Ohhh, now I’m on board.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
Jelal0007:
like I give a damn wat ur definition of matured is. Again,I didn't quote him or U. So stay out of my mentions, biko. U hear?
trust me... Bro.. The fact u have data doesn't mean u should be stupid behind ur laptop or ur fucking android.... U very very lucky it's on social media.... Physically?? You wud have been bleeped... Quote me and tell me u r a Bastard kid.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Jelal0007:
Then misbehave and see if I won't show you the way out.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
UPDATE: MOBILE STRIKE TEAMS LAUNCHED TO ENHANCE OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE

In what could best be described as a turning point in the ongoing clearance operations in the North East, today, Tuesday 15th August 2017, the Theatre Commander Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, launched 3 Mobile Strike Teams (MST) at the Military Command and Control Centre, Maimalari Military Cantonment, Maiduguri, Borno State. The teams are designed to conduct long range patrols and ambushes deep into the hinterland. It is a mixed of professionally trained special forces mobile with variants of equipment on wheels.

The Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE charged the teams to be discipline, confident, resolute, focused and determined in their task of clearing the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists wherever they are found.

It would be recalled that the MST were trained at Nigerian Army School of Special Forces (NASFS), Buni Yadi, Yobe State recently. Their task is to keep the main supply route and all rural settlements safe.

The launch of the MSTs was attended by the Chief of Civil Military Affairs Army Headquarters, Major General Nuhu Angbazo, Component Commanders of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and the Acting General Officers Commanding of 7 Division and 8 Task Force Division respectively.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
More...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
PRESS STATEMENT

OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE INTENSIFIES CORDON AND SEARCH OPERATIONS FOR BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN MAIDUGURI

As part of ongoing counter insurgency operations, the Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE has been conducting several clearance as well as cordon and search operations in urban and rural areas within the Theatre. The clearance operations effort has been yielding several successes. It has forced the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) to change tactics and resort to employment of suicide bombers to target military locations and the populace. This necessitated the need to intensify Cordon and Search in Maiduguri metropolis and environment.

In the last one week cordon and search operations were conducted in Jiddari –Polo, Muna Garage, Jakana amongst several other areas. On 10th August 2017, Theatre Command received information from one of its credible sources that some high value BHT suspects had infiltrated into Pompomari Bye Pass. It therefore became expedient to take preemptive action by combing the general area through a cordon and search operations. The operation was successfully conducted as over 30 houses were searched. One of such included a property which was said to be occupied by United Nations Staff, although the property did not carry a UN designation. On the whole, operation in the general area was successfully concluded but no arrest was made because the suspects were not found.

The command wishes to assure the general public that these operations are being conducted to safeguard lives and properties but not targeted at any individual or group. The general public is cautioned to avoid peddling rumours which may cause disaffection and to remain law abiding.
You are please requested to disseminate the information to the general public.

KINGSLEY SAMUEL
Lieutenant Colonel
for Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
bidexiii:
More...
I see d new buys
But what the heck are trucks doing there? Kpako Rifles? And gosh they are many

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
bidexiii:
UPDATE: MOBILE STRIKE TEAMS LAUNCHED TO ENHANCE OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE

In what could best be described as a turning point in the ongoing clearance operations in the North East, today, Tuesday 15th August 2017, the Theatre Commander Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, launched 3 Mobile Strike Teams (MST) at the Military Command and Control Centre, Maimalari Military Cantonment, Maiduguri, Borno State. The teams are designed to conduct long range patrols and ambushes deep into the hinterland. It is a mixed of professionally trained special forces mobile with variants of equipment on wheels.

The Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE charged the teams to be discipline, confident, resolute, focused and determined in their task of clearing the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists wherever they are found.

It would be recalled that the MST were trained at Nigerian Army School of Special Forces (NASFS), Buni Yadi, Yobe State recently. Their task is to keep the main supply route and all rural settlements safe.

The launch of the MSTs was attended by the Chief of Civil Military Affairs Army Headquarters, Major General Nuhu Angbazo, Component Commanders of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and the Acting General Officers Commanding of 7 Division and 8 Task Force Division respectively.

Are these teams similar to the old Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LRRP) teams used by the US Army during the Vietnam War?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
Odunayaw:
I see d new buys

But what the heck are trucks doing there? Kpako Rifles?
And gosh they are many
The trucks are for logistics purposes.
The AK-47 ( PACKO) will most likely be replaced by the now standard Beryl Rifle, and the modified Beryl Rifle
Understand also" parade ground inspection uniform and equipment" is totally different from what these men will be using in the field.
The G.O. C being there means they will have access, they also trained at Buni Yadi which they trained at the Na SF school located closest to the field of A.O.R.
I also agree with JAKE our Nigerian Journalist the way they report Military news will cause one to take a very deep breath, shake one's head and just read on. angry angry angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
ocelot2006:

Are these teams similar to the old Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LRRP) teams used by the US Army during the Vietnam War?
My broda na with four MRAP dem wan use do am NIGERIA tire person oo

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
ocelot2006:

I believe something similar, they will definitely be constantly in harm's way and they will be causing harm on a daily basis grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
LTGEN:

The trucks are for logistics purposes.
The AK-47 ( PACKO) will most likely be replaced by the now standard Beryl Rifle, and the modified Beryl Rifle
Understand also" parade ground inspection uniform and equipment" is totally different from what these men will be using in the field.
The G.O. C being there means they will have access, they also trained at Buni Yadi which they trained at the Na SF school located closest to the field of A.O.R.
I also agree with JAKE our Nigerian Journalist the way they report Military news will cause one to take a very deep breath, shake one's head and just read on. angry angry angry

Thanks you've answered bthe question. Hope @odunayaw. Its a matter of time those pkako riffles will fade away.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Odunayaw:
I see d new buys

But what the heck are trucks doing there? Kpako Rifles?
And gosh they are many
youre even complaining about trucks, can you see that bright white Toyota Hiace bus/van ??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 5:33am On Aug 16, 2017
Why are we not buying IFVs. It's not all about MRAPS.

Using MRAP is still about boots on ground. Purchase high-tech hardwares.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.