Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,738 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3026482 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:15am On Jan 17, 2018
President Muhammadu Buahri received incoming and outgoing Commanders, Guards Brigade 4- the Incoming Commander Brig Gen Umar Thomas Musa and the Out-going Commander Major General M.S Yusuf, at the State House in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:23am On Jan 17, 2018
Yesterday, President Muhammadu Buhari received President of The Gambia, Adama Barrow, to the State House.

"I'm delighted that Nigeria was able to offer support during a very critical period- the recent political transition in The Gambia. I look forward to continuing collaboration between our two countries".

- President Muhammadu Buhari

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:31am On Jan 17, 2018
Exclusive : #Algerian Air Force Mi-26T2 Desert Camo Equipped with President-S Onboard Defense System in #Biskra Heli Base 4th Military Destrict #Ouargla Army Chief in Staff #AhmedGaidSaleh 4th Day inspection visit (c) AlgerianTV

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SealTeam6: 7:42am On Jan 17, 2018
grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 17, 2018
abiodunalasa:
I dont think we have gain so much ground against BH by being that carless...

What if our troops deliberately went to that CRASH SITE with insufficient fire power just to draw out the BH bastards ?

Like, what if it is actually an ISR stunt ?

"PLAY A SUCKER TO CATCH A SUCKER" Act of war by Sun Tzu. Robert Greene also illustrate it in 48 Laws of Power.

What if that Shilka was just a dummy, meant to be destroyed ?

At least now our troops know the following ;

*how very fast BH can mobilize
*how very useless our jets are in close quarter combat between our ground troops and enemy ground troops.
*their new fighting tactics
*their heavy weapons and what it looks like
*their drones capability etc etc

In fact, what if NAF actually crashed that Helo in that particular region just to have a proper recce of that place in the event of our troops advancement in that region ? This last possibility is supported by how the Pilots of the crashed Helo quickly escaped and how our troops quickly withdraw in the face of attack.

Well, am just trying to look at it from a brighter angle.
Or maybe have seen too much Hollywood shit shows.

Ye gods!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by saintjoel(m): 8:23am On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:

Honestly reading through peoples reaction and comments...

Mortar is totally ruled out of these scenario.

you want to use mortar when you are been flankd in all directions, against moving AAG.

two options were available for ground troops to salvage this situation.

1- had it been they were the first to detect the presence of the enemy they would av taking advantage of the shilka and other powerful guns they have or use IFV to confront attacking enemy, which we don't have. The IFV has these two adavntage anyday/anytime; fire power and ammor strength. and till now BHT has not lay there hands on ATGM.

2-the presence of air assets, BHT would never attempt to advance if there are attcking aircrafts in the sky. they know it would be a bad day for them.
Even with the tin gap between ground troops and attacking enemy, hey will rather retreat and abandon there mission.

You may be right but also wrong at the same time, I wonder why the NA has not invested more in mortars. Of the soldiers had set out listening posts or a two man fighting patrol in each sector before trying to secure the helicopter, they would have seen the BHTs moving in even before they got closer and mortars would've been used. I believe that operation involved was a platoon of two, can't our troops be trained enough by now to read maps and be able to coordinate artillery fire or aircraft bombings while pinned down by enemy fire. That operation was doomed to fail,right from the moment they set foot in that sector.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:46am On Jan 17, 2018
saintjoel:

You may be right but also wrong at the same time, I wonder why the NA has not invested more in mortars. Of the soldiers had set out listening posts or a two man fighting patrol in each sector before trying to secure the helicopter, they would have seen the BHTs moving in even before they got closer and mortars would've been used. I believe that operation involved was a platoon of two, can't our troops be trained enough to read maps and be able to coordinate artillery fire or aircraft bombings while pinned down by enemy fire. That operation was doomed to fail,right from the moment they set foot in that sector.

You might be right and also mortars are very effective and indispensable.

But in these type of scenario, these what am trying to explain.

The enemies has closed in on you up to +/_ 50metres, out numbered and flanked in all directions.

The defensive line has already been broken, mortars in these scenario is totally out of the solution here.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:53am On Jan 17, 2018
#CION

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:15am On Jan 17, 2018
These still pictures from the video show a burning vehicle, probably a Toyota hilux. However, I didn't see any soft skinned vehicle fielded by our personnel through out the whole video and from pictures available.
It could probably be a blue n' blue on the side of BHTs since they were just shooting indiscriminately.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:34am On Jan 17, 2018
Xbee007:
These still pictures from the video show a burning vehicle, probably a Toyota hilux. However, I didn't see any soft skinned vehicle fielded by our personnel through out the whole video and from pictures available.
It could probably be a blue n' blue on the side of BHTs since they were just shooting indiscriminately.

Before the bokoharam attack, the airforce had already carried out some strike, you could see the dry vegetation burning.

The burnt vehicle might be a casualty of the air strike or remains of destroyed BH vehicle in past offensive.

But am sure the vehicle his of the BHT, the tripod stand type is common for mounting there AAG.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

Bros? It's not possible. An ordinary TOYOTA means alot of that battle field. Yes it's Hollywood causing this cheesy

Military hardwares are only being destroyed when they can't leave enemy territory and the enemy seems to have a better fire power.

It's either the shilka has mobility issues and was destroyed by own troops or got hit by the howitzer.

What if the Shilka is already dysfunctional and merely dragged to that place as a sitting duck ?

Just educated guessing, bro wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 17, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

This one Na Three much Hollywood. grin
Nigeria do not have enough shilka and MI 17 lying around for what you said to be possible.

grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 17, 2018
SealTeam6:

grin grin grin you have blind faith in your Country's military.

The faith is ours... the duty is theirs wink

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:56am On Jan 17, 2018
abiodunalasa:

What if the Shilka is already dysfunctional and merely dragged to that place as a sitting duck ?

Just educated guessing, bro wink

I made mention of that already.

tdayof:

It's either the shilka has mobility issues and was destroyed by own troops or got hit by the howitzer.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 17, 2018
frumentius:

Ye gods!!! shocked shocked shocked

Are you shocked by my crude ignorance or fascinated by my educated guessing undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

True that.
Both we both used that possibility in different scenario.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 11:12am On Jan 17, 2018
abiodunalasa:

True that.
Both we both used that possibility in different scenario.

The only one who knows the true scenario of what happened is the ISR platform.

The ISR platform was up there recording every single thing.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

U guys r missing the most obvious factor - the gun barrels grin

They r reputed to be very moody grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:

You might be right and also mortars are very effective and indispensable.

But in these type of scenario, these what am trying to explain.

The enemies has closed in on you up to +/_ 50metres, out numbered and flanked in all directions.

The defensive line has already been broken, mortars in these scenario is totally out of the solution here.

Ur correct in a way
though use of 51mm caliber or the commando mortars could have been effective for providing cover and buy time to regroup and gain situational awareness and then go for offensive or defensive moves as deemed fit.

I believe the tactics needs to be changed , the enemies tactics will evolve so urs need to evolve to .

The best tactics will come from ur own people , no amount of foreign training can replicate the distinct operational situation at home or replace the experience gained at home. All it needs is a thorough and deep rethink with the involvement of battle hardened men.

The country where ur troops r training has their own way of handling conflicts which I believe is not suited in the Nigerian scenario. This is due to the difference in the conflicts and the tactics , equipment's etc being involved.

Training abroad is OK , but at the end of the day they have to be moulded to fit into ur own unique operational needs and unique situation dictated by the no of man power , equipment's , command flow , intelligence flow , SOPs , the type of enemy being countered and their tactics , equipment's etc etc

Just saying come to think of it why not study how the south Africans / Rhodesians operated and tweak it to ur needs and restrictions based on available equipment's manpower etc etc.

I am no expert but I kind of believe that's the closest u can get to a analogous situation with almost similar characteristics.

African solution right before ur doorsteps grin grin grin

In fact we did learn a lot from them , good innovative fighters adaptability was their forte
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 11:47am On Jan 17, 2018
nemesis4u:

Ur correct in a way
though use of 51mm caliber or the commando mortars could have been effective for providing cover and buy time to regroup and gain situational awareness and then go for offensive or defensive moves as deemed fit.

I believe the tactics needs to be changed , the enemies tactics will evolve so urs need to evolve to .

The best tactics will come from ur own people , no amount of foreign training can replicate the distinct operational situation at home or replace the experience gained at home. All it needs is a thorough and deep rethink with the involvement of battle hardened men.

The country where ur troops r training has their own way of handling conflicts which I believe is not suited in the Nigerian scenario. This is due to the difference in the conflicts and the tactics , equipment's etc being involved.

Training abroad is OK , but at the end of the day they have to be moulded to fit into ur own unique operational needs and unique situation dictated by the no of man power , equipment's , command flow , intelligence flow , SOPs , the type of enemy being countered and their tactics , equipment's etc etc

Just saying come to think of it why not study how the south Africans / Rhodesians operated and tweak it to ur needs and restrictions based on available equipment's manpower etc etc.

I am no expert but I kind of believe that's the closest u can get to a analogous situation with almost similar characteristics.

That is correct bhai, "evolution of doctrine" is all they need now. The same issues America suffered in Vietnam is what we are experiencing now.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

Yes. Those jets were under attack and at the same time they couldn't just drop the bombs to avoid bombing friendly forces.

I saw the howitzer too.
THE JETS WERE ATTACKED BY WHAT

it's not easy bringing down a 'supersonic' fighter jet (F7) with mere guns. NAF should know that.

Danger close?? what about gun runs and rocket straffing?

so if BH should acquire MANPAD that means no more NAF??

RIGHT?

Do you realize how many aerial platforms that have been committed into this COIN?

ISR should never have left.. a down aircraft is a top priority and all nearby allied units should be tasked to service their needs.

Where's the vaunted mi-35 we all bragged about?

A 10km security zone should have been erected and held for as long as possible.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

The only one who knows the true scenario of what happened is the ISR platform.

The ISR platform was up there recording every single thing.

True that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
barineh:

The plane model in hands are what ? Mig29?
USAF T-38 TALON
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
lionel4power:

THE JETS WERE ATTACKED BY WHAT

it's not easy bringing down a 'supersonic' fighter jet (F7) with mere guns. NAF should know that.

Danger close?? what about gun runs and rocket straffing?

so if BH should acquire MANPAD that means no more NAF??

RIGHT?

Do you realize how many aerial platforms that have been committed into this COIN?

ISR should never have left.. a down aircraft is a top priority and all nearby allied units should be tasked to service their needs.

Where's the vaunted mi-35 we all bragged about?

A 10km security zone should have been erected and held for as long as possible.

The mi-35 wasn't sent it. There could have been a reason.

Cameroon sent in a mi-17, the purpose is what I'm not sure of .

Right now, there are 10 F-7 at markurdi AFB so I'm not sure of their distribution. These guys were too close to our troops and so, the use of Dumb bombs is absolutely dangerous. They also need to be in a good angle and fly low a bit low to release rocket which will be a bad idea for a fighter jet.

The best idea for such danger close is the Mi-35/ Mi-24. They would have to come from our guys direction while the guys retreat and fire on bokoharam position.

Like I already suggested, what happened to installing Gatling guns on our EC-135 and AW109?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
Frumentius does Denel produce anything similar to this? If we can't get them from USA at least we can get from somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
nemesis4u:

Ur correct in a way

African solution right before ur doorsteps grin grin grin

In fact we did learn a lot from them , good innovative fighters adaptability was their forte

Nice one nemesis4u

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

The mi-35 wasn't sent it. There could have been a reason.

Cameroon sent in a mi-17, the purpose is what I'm not sure of .

Right now, there are 10 F-7 at markurdi AFB so I'm not sure of their distribution. These guys were too close to our troops and so, the use of Dumb bombs is absolutely dangerous. They also need to be in a good angle and fly low a bit low to release rocket which will be a bad idea for a fighter jet.

The best idea for such danger close is the Mi-35/ Mi-24. They would have to come from our guys direction while the guys retreat and fire on bokoharam position.

Like I already suggested, what happened to installing Gatling guns on our EC-135 and AW109?
the mi-17 that was seen in the boko haram video was probably nigeria and the same one that crush landed.if you carefully observe the quad copter drone footage of bokoharam propaganda video,you can see dugout Defensive fighting positions.this was a remote outpost,manned by Nigerians and Cameroonians .that helicopter crushed landed while trying to land at that outpost,probably to deliver supplies
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Patchesagain: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
They are watching you

Pic 1&2: BH propaganda footage of drone footage
Pic 3,4: the yellow dump truck

Its seems that the current war in the N.E is being fought by just one Nigerian task force* as these two yellow trucks just keep popping up over and over.

Further... if indeed it is just this one NA task force that is "on the money" then things dont bode well for that Shilka, of the M2 variant, (last pic), as I am pretty sure the latest BH propaganda footage includes images of a knocked out Shilka M2 (most Nigerian Shilka still have radar dishes, thus the M2 is somewhat of an oddity in Nigerian service - likely having its radar-dish removed for the war in the N.E).

*or just one task force is actually close to a major BH element

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Patchesagain: 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
newafricaken254:
looking at the boko haram quadcopter drone video,one can see the yellow lorry"truck" and eventually we do see the destroyed ZSU-23-4 Shilka.so this photo was taken prior to boko haram attacked them

Just saw this now.

You are right (it seems)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Patchesagain: 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
I think they can tweak our doctrines of weapon implementation

Just a section of 60mm mortar men and it could have saved the day
Cc: Frumentius come and yarn the mortar gospel

This.

60mm coming in at the company level with 81mm coming it at the battalion level, you could lay down some serious supression.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
newafricaken254:
the mi-17 that was seen in the boko haram video was probably nigeria and the same one that crush landed.if you carefully observe the quad copter drone footage of bokoharam propaganda video,you can see dugout Defensive fighting positions.this was a remote outpost,manned by Nigerians and Cameroonians .that helicopter crushed landed while trying to land at that outpost,probably to deliver supplies

You can see smoke coming out from where the Mi-17 in the video landed. So probably that's another helo. Bidexii

Below, f-7 undergoing 100Hrs inspection. They're expected to be in maiduguri soon.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
What do you observe in this picture? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.