Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3026991 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
Xbee007:

I saw the video too, a BHT kid in a dilapidated building with DJI drone.
Precisely that's when I knew they've upped their game.

Whoever runs G-2 for COAS should be fired.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Precisely that's when I knew they've upped their game.

Whoever runs G-2 for COAS should be fired.
The issue is most of them aren't techy-savvy, they barely use the internet so they don't know much about what is going on. If some of them could covertly follow these threads on NL, they would surely learn a lot.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
Xbee007:

The issue is most of them aren't techy-savvy, they barely use the internet so they don't know much about what is going on. If some of them could covertly follow these threads on NL, they would surely learn a lot.

Wallahi, I got serious chills just seeing that and I knew someone on this thread would have gotten same just seeing that.

As small as it is, it's a huge force multiplier as it has proven.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
Xbee007:

grin lipsrsealed cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
Xbee007:

don't know about the others but the COAS is a tech savy man. the crux of the matter is we got defeated in this encounter and need to buckle up.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
#NAF

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
bidexiii:
#NAF
The plane model in hands are what ? Mig29?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
BruncleZuma:
This recent BHT incursion shows that we still haven't adapted to the changing face of our war against BHT. They are showing clear indications of evolving their techniques and we are still stuck with the COIN techniques of the countries that trained our troops.
Akin to what I was talking about when I chided TRADOC
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
Odunayaw:
Akin to what I was talking about when I chided TRADOC

That's what the old guard who fought a pseudo-insurgent war against the rebels in Liberia and Sierra Leone have for us, I remember seeing a documentary in the early 2000s regarding Nigerian Ops in Liberia, the rebels were just hiding while our jets dropped cluster bombs once they RTB the rebels continued. The same doctrine after 20+ years and billions of dollars, man hours and lives lost we are still sending our troops to learn COIN from countries with little or no current COIN experience (Russia not included obviously).

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
nemesis4u:

If somebody has done it so can u provided the will is there
it's as simple as that

Provided the will and fund is there. We're currently working on infrastructure and procurements of equipments for the UAV. This will be another project that needs fund except the Federal government is ready to fund it for now.

Maybe you can fund it. Indians are damn rich you know. Watching those Bollywood movies and their very large apartment.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by peterphd(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
bidexiii:
NA PARATROOPERS

They're cadets right? If yes, what year in NDA?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
nemesis4u:

Why don't u first target the service providers , install ur relevant support equipment's at the MSC or BSC and if required at the relevant BTS choke points .

Every BTS has a fixed coverage , so any call in or out of that BTS or any BTS in that region can be monitored and fixed from the MSC/BSC if relevant software/hardware r installed. Handheld COTS equipment's like GSM direction finders can be ported and provided to the ground troops who will feed the captured info to track the hostile very accurately. Or simply u can clone the sims in a jiffy with the gained info and hand them promptly to the ground troops .

Only requirement will be stationing of liaison personal at the MSC/BSC who will update and dessiminate the info as required

That what u can develop ur capabilities in a more sustainable way and implement them within the technology constraints at present.

This will build up ur experience and allow ur to identify ur technological shortcomings if any and also help u to identify the relevant technologies u need to develop in order to move to a much more capable mobile system.

I will always suggest a bottoms up approach for u when it comes to developing tech in-house, since I want u to succeed but the final decision is yours to take as u will know ur capabilities better rather than me or other's .

Whatever u do I wish u success

https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/214

Go through these plus the previous links I gave it should give u more ideas

The old product below is from an Ind.. private company specializing in intelligence and surveillance . In fact they r one of the top companies in this field, not much is known about them their clients includes almost half the intelligence agencies plus corporates .

Yes, I understand you. I already typed something but had to clear it off grin before DSS pick me up tomorrow morning on how such is being done.

However, I find your post attractive. I'll forward it to the right section something good can come out of it. We have various projects / products available but just as tech demonstrators. We've been using some facilities in which we're even purchased some equipments to move on in our project.

Once our own facility is fully ready in few months, I'll be attaching pictures and then I can talk more on some products.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
newafricaken254:
its reported pakistan air force wanted to buy turkey targeting pods to mount them on their JF-17.Nigeria does need to acquire JF-17 jets to drop precision bombs.they could load GBU-12 on their Chengdu F-7 and laser designate targets using Super King Air ISR aircraft.the question now is,does the Super King Air ISR aircraft FLIR pod have the capability to designate target or they for ISR role only !?

pakistan air force F-7 jet armed with GBU-12 laser guided bombs

Seems Pakistan make use of WMD-7 too. They also ordered for some from ASELSAN.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
Off-topic:
Chaps, did Pres Buhari just announce some appointments that included 8 dead people? Or are his opponents making mischief?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
#EAF
#EN

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
frumentius:
Off-topic:
Chaps, did Pres Buhari just announce some appointments that included 8 dead people? Or are his opponents making mischief?

True story grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
frumentius:
Off-topic:
True, but the list was compiled late 2015, so when the appointments were confirmed 2017, they didn't go through the list again hence the mistake (that's their excuse).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Someone mentioned about privatization of Dicon. The trick is to sell enough stake that they will be concerned how the company is run but not enough for them to have actual power or influence. Somewhere about 40-45% should be enough.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ibrahimanis:
Someone mentioned about privatization of Dicon. The trick is to sell enough stake that they will be concerned how the company is run but not enough for them to have actual power or influence. Somewhere about 40-45% should be enough.

Yes. 30% for 150 million naira. cheesy we will look for Chinese investors and then take 10%.

DHQ? DEAL or NOT? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
tdayof:

Provided the will and fund is there. We're currently working on infrastructure and procurements of equipments for the UAV. This will be another project that needs fund except the Federal government is ready to fund it for now.

Maybe you can fund it. Indians are damn rich you know. Watching those Bollywood movies and their very large apartment.

Lol my financial condition is such that I have half a mind to ask u for consultancy fees for all the nonsense I type here grin

And stop watching stupid Bollywood movies , they r nothing but truck load of crap

Better to watch cartoons or animation movies or p*orn grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
tdayof:

Yes. 30% for 150 million naira. cheesy we will look for Chinese investors and then take 10%.

DHQ? DEAL or NOT? grin

I hope u know that Chinese r very shrewd businessman grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
peterphd:

They're cadets right? If yes, what year in NDA?

NA troops not cadets.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
barineh:

The plane model in hands are what ? Mig29?

Can't really tell.....

But they look like the Northrop T-38 Talon.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
tdayof:

DHQ? DEAL or NOT? grin
If it's the Chinese, I will pass.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
BruncleZuma:

That's what the old guard who fought a pseudo-insurgent war against the rebels in Liberia and Sierra Leone have for us, I remember seeing a documentary in the early 2000s regarding Nigerian Ops in Liberia, the rebels were just hiding while our jets dropped cluster bombs once they RTB the rebels continued. The same doctrine after 20+ years and billions of dollars, man hours and lives lost we are still sending our troops to learn COIN from countries with little or no current COIN experience (Russia not included obviously).
Sometimes I just can't fathom it. By now countries should could coming to ask for our soldiers to instruct theirs in COIN. Some of the generals in the army are just leathernecks. Old school and unyielding

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
tdayof:

DHQ? DEAL or NOT? grin
Alagbari grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 5:04am On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:
#EAF #EN
We should have gotten HMS ocean when we had the chance to.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 6:03am On Jan 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
Sometimes I just can't fathom it. By now countries should could coming to ask for our soldiers to instruct theirs in COIN. Some of the generals in the army are just leathernecks. Old school and unyielding

This is 100% correct
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 17, 2018
I dont think we have gain so much ground against BH by being that carless...

What if our troops deliberately went to that CRASH SITE with insufficient fire power just to draw out the BH bastards ?

Like, what if it is actually an ISR stunt ?

"PLAY A SUCKER TO CATCH A SUCKER" Act of war by Sun Tzu. Robert Greene also illustrate it in 48 Laws of Power.

What if that Shilka was just a dummy, meant to be destroyed ?

At least now our troops know the following ;

*how very fast BH can mobilize
*how very useless our jets are in close quarter combat between our ground troops and enemy ground troops.
*their new fighting tactics
*their heavy weapons and what it looks like
*their drones capability etc etc

In fact, what if NAF actually crashed that Helo in that particular region just to have a proper recce of that place in the event of our troops advancement in that region ? This last possibility is supported by how the Pilots of the crashed Helo quickly escaped and how our troops quickly withdraw in the face of attack.

Well, am just trying to look at it from a brighter angle.
Or maybe have seen too much Hollywood shit shows.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 6:56am On Jan 17, 2018
abiodunalasa:

What if our troops deliberately went to that CRASH SITE with insufficient fire power just to draw out the BH bastards ?

"PLAY A SUCKER TO CATCH A SUCKER" Act of war by Sun Tzu. Robert Greene also illustrate it in 48 Laws of Power.

*how very useless our jets are in close quarter combat between our ground troops and enemy ground troops.

In fact, what if NAF actually crashed that Helo in that particular region just to have a proper recce of that place in the event of our troops advancement in that region ? This last possibility is supported by how the Pilots of the crashed Helo quickly escaped and how our troops quickly withdraw in the face of attack.

Bros? It's not possible. An ordinary TOYOTA means alot of that battle field. Yes it's Hollywood causing this cheesy

Military hardwares are only being destroyed when they can't leave enemy territory and the enemy seems to have a better fire power.

It's either the shilka has mobility issues and was destroyed by own troops or got hit by the howitzer.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:04am On Jan 17, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 7:06am On Jan 17, 2018
abiodunalasa:

This one Na Three much Hollywood. grin
Nigeria do not have enough shilka and MI 17 lying around for what you said to be possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.