Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (920) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3047088 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
BabaOwen:
you don't have a right to speak for the Ibo's on this.

And as BabaOwen you think you have the right to speak for them?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2019
GOODWILL MESSAGE FROM LT GEN TY BURATAI THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF TO OFFICERS AND SOLDIERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY AND THEIR FAMILIES ON THE OCCASION OF EID-EL FITR CELEBRATIONS 2019

1. It is with profound sense of joy and gratitude to the Almighty God that I send this goodwill message to officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army and their families on this important occasion of
Eid-el Fitr celebration 2019. I heartily congratulate our Muslim faithfuls for successfully completing the mandatory fasting during the holy month of Ramadan. I hope we have all been spiritually rejuvenated to continue to discharge our constitutional roles and responsibilities.

2. I want to use this medium to appreciate the doggedness and resilience of all Nigerian Army officers and soldiers in confronting the various security challenges bedevilling our dear country. Worthy of commendation is the professional conduct of troops in the dislodgement of Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) elements from Nigeria’s territory to the fringes of the Lake Chad Basin. The successes also recorded by troops deployed in the ongoing Op HARBIN KUNAMA III and all other internal security operations are commendable. So far, you have demonstrated professionalism, courage and determination in this endeavour which has provided the enabling environment for socio-economic and political activities to thrive. I am indeed proud of you all. While I commend your efforts, I want to urge you not to rest on your oars because the existing and even emerging security threats are potent and we must continue to be ahead of them. We must redouble our efforts to completely eliminate all acts of insurgency, kidnapping, banditry, secessionism and other forms of security threats from every inch of our beloved country.

3. I want to assure you that with the support of the President, C – in – C of the Armed Forces and the National Assembly, we shall continue to do all that is necessary to provide the enablement for effective and successful conduct of our operations. Let me reassure you of our commitment to the welfare of all officers and men. We will continue to re-evaluate the welfare packages of the Nigerian Army to ensure they meet the best standards and practices.

4. As we mark the end of this year’s Ramadan Fasting, I want to encourage you to always remember and pray for the repose of the souls of our gallant departed colleagues who paid the supreme sacrifice in the course of their duties. Our hearts will always be with their families as we pray the merciful Allah to grant them eternal rest. On our part and in line with our commitment to troops’ welfare, we shall continue to promptly meet our obligations to these families and ensure that the void left by the departure of their loved ones are ameliorated.

5. On this note I once again wish you all a joyful Eid-el Fitr Celebration. Barka da Sallah.

TY BURATAI
Lieutenant General
Chief of Army Staff
3 June 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 10:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
blacKDalia:

I think Nigeria is not yet ripe for state police. My reasons are not far fetched; they will just be used as the governor deems fit. In states where their fault lines are ethno-religious, how will the police be controlled(this one is the major problem)? How will they be paid seeing that only two or three states are financially viable in Nigeria ( you cannot hold back their salaries for two, three or more months)?
When you use the word "control" in reference to the police,I reluctantly assume that you may not be seeing the big picture. The question is, is the police meant to be controlled?. One of the many problems facing the current centralized police system is political interference; senators have police slots, governors have slots, ministers have slots, even scullions in aso rock have designated slots. Why,infact,any big man needs just to point a finger to order arrests and perpetual detention.

The answer is that we need not just state and LG police,but full autonomy for the police force. Police chiefs should be elected and impeached by designated bodies, not based on political appointment.

Ideally, a police chief should be a gallant ombudsman,not a boy-boy to any governor or president.

As for how the states will fund their police, well, I agree with you. States cannot currently afford the cost of running police forces. If the FG is serious about decentralizing the police,I think it should be part of a wider structural reform. The FG must make up for the responsibility it is giving the states by enacting a system of fiscal federalism, which is popularly called "restructuring" in some circles. States should be allowed to generate money and use a bulk of the money generated for their individual needs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 11:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
EVarn:
When you use the word "control" in reference to the police,I reluctantly assume that you may not be seeing the big picture. The question is, is the police meant to be controlled?. One of the many problems facing the current centralized police system is political interference; senators have police slots, governors have slots, ministers have slots, even scullions in aso rock have designated slots. Why,infact,any big man needs just to point a finger to order arrests and perpetual detention.

The answer is that we need not just state and LG police,but full autonomy for the police force. Police chiefs should be elected and impeached by designated bodies, not based on political appointment.

Ideally, a police chief should be a gallant ombudsman,not a boy-boy to any governor or president.

As for how the states will fund their police, well, I agree with you. States cannot currently afford the cost of running police forces. If the FG is serious about decentralizing the police,I think it should be part of a wider structural reform. The FG must make up for the responsibility it is giving the states by enacting a system of fiscal federalism, which is popularly called "restructuring" in some circles. States should be allowed to generate money and use a bulk of the money generated for their individual needs.

Nigeria as it is right now oga, there is no way you can dissociate the police from control as long as the head is appointed and are being funded by the executive. Nigeria is a complex country with it's peculiarities. Ethnicity and religion plays a major role in our under development, there's no way you can take these out of the scheme of things. For an example, let's say state A has majority of an ethnic group which are a certain religion and then there's an ethno/religious crisis, how do you think the police will handle it? I've situations where cases are quashed/handled softly in police stations cos investigating officer and accused are from the same place.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 04, 2019
blacKDalia:

And as BabaOwen you think you have the right to speak for them?
where in my post did you see me speaking for the Igbo's?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 6:52am On Jun 04, 2019
blacKDalia:

Nigeria as it is right now oga, there is no way you can dissociate the police from control as long as the head is appointed and are being funded by the executive. Nigeria is a complex country with it's peculiarities. Ethnicity and religion plays a major role in our under development, there's no way you can take these out of the scheme of things. For an example, let's say state A has majority of an ethnic group which are a certain religion and then there's an ethno/religious crisis, how do you think the police will handle it? I've situations where cases are quashed/handled softly in police stations cos investigating officer and accused are from the same place.
All the more reason why the head of police should not be appointed by the executive.

As for the issue of ethnicity, in the case of state police,I think that will drastically reduce.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:50am On Jun 04, 2019
Flash: Abubakar Shekau Reads BH ideology, Recites Nigeria's National Pledge in New Video.

The embattled leader of Jama'atu Ahlil-Sunnah Lid-Da'awati Wal-Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram appeared in a video robed in flowing white apparels whilst clutching an AK47 rifle ...
appeared to have impaired eyesight as he struggled to read his group's ideology in Arabic, while intermittently reciting Nigeria's National pledge in English, which he repeatedly said was an act of Shirk.
The 35 minute long speech in Arabic, according to analyst may be targeted to the international jihadi community, and not the local audience in the #LakeChad region because #BokoHaram have been made a pariah terror group, following feuds between Shekau and several warlords ...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:30am On Jun 04, 2019
EVarn:
All the more reason why the head of police should not be appointed by the executive.

As for the issue of ethnicity, in the case of state police,I think that will drastically reduce.

Are you living in Nigeria?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 8:34am On Jun 04, 2019
blacKDalia:

Are you living in Nigeria?
Yes
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:44am On Jun 04, 2019
EVarn:
Yes

Then I think your part of Nigeria is not in this current Nigeria. In virtually every state in Nigeria you've minorities that don't ve any sense of belonging in those states. Decisions are taken without any inclusiveness, states that were created just to give some tribes an upper hand.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 8:58am On Jun 04, 2019
blacKDalia:

Then I think your part of Nigeria is not in this current Nigeria. In virtually every state in Nigeria you've minorities that don't ve any sense of belonging in those states. Decisions are taken without any inclusiveness, states that were created just to give some tribes an upper hand.
That is why we are advocating for LG police at the rural level,state police at the state level,and federal police at the national level. This way, the issue of minorities will be addressed.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2019
bidexiii:
Flash: Abubakar Shekau Reads BH ideology, Recites Nigeria's National Pledge in New Video.

The embattled leader of Jama'atu Ahlil-Sunnah Lid-Da'awati Wal-Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram appeared in a video robed in flowing white apparels whilst clutching an AK47 rifle ...
appeared to have impaired eyesight as he struggled to read his group's ideology in Arabic, while intermittently reciting Nigeria's National pledge in English, which he repeatedly said was an act of Shirk.
The 35 minute long speech in Arabic, according to analyst may be targeted to the international jihadi community, and not the local audience in the #LakeChad region because #BokoHaram have been made a pariah terror group, following feuds between Shekau and several warlords ...
After dislodging troops in Marte, now a propaganda video surfaces. I wonder at the coordination of this terrorist group. Shows they still very much possess an organized and tactical chain of command.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:14am On Jun 04, 2019
EVarn:
After dislodging troops in Marte, now a propaganda video surfaces. I wonder at the coordination of this terrorist group. Shows they still very much possess an organized and tactical chain of command.

100% mate but don't forget they are masters in propagandist.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:10am On Jun 04, 2019
#NN
#SBSC TRAINING

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2019
bidexiii:
#NN
#SBSC TRAINING
training with life jackets? Will they use life jackets in real combat scenarios?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Jelal0007:
training with life jackets? Will they use life jackets in real combat scenarios?

Me too wonder o. As an SBS personnel they can't swim?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
EVarn:

Hmmmm Marte has always been controlled by BH. They just needed more ammo and walked into the Military base
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Hmmmm Marte has always been controlled by BH. They just needed more ammo and walked into the Military base

Can you hear yourself shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2019
bidexiii:

Can you hear yourself shocked

My brother there are 5 local governments almost completely controlled by these guys here in Borno North.

Abadam
Marte
Gudzamala
Kukawa
Baga

Monguno is the only place bridging these fellows
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Maybe you meant it in a different way but how can BH be controlling a place and in that same place there's a military base?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

My brother there are 5 local governments almost completely controlled by these guys here in Borno North.

Abadam
Marte
Gudzamala
Kukawa
Baga

Monguno is the only place bridging these fellows
And the military top brass will unashamedly tell us no LG is in the hands of BH.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Controlled?,walked into the military base?.

My brother,the way you phrased this comment gives it far reaching implications,or perhaps I am giving it the wrong interpretation. sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nigerians, we WILL LOOSE THIS WAR !!!

The ostrich approach of our citizens, media and political class. Coupled with our corrupt and lying military brass has sealed this nations fate.
Our last chance is to be honest with ourselves, humble ourselves and seek real professional,experienced help.

Call them mercenaries or Professional Military Companies, we MUST as a matter of national survival contract not just one, but several PMCs, to turn this unfolding tragedy around.

Those who usually argue with me or condemn me when I have made these suggestions in the past, PLEASE don't. Instead, help me get the word out.

The only way we can get past a dysfunctional military and government that has issues with meritocracy , with corruption as the order of the day, is to somehow BYPASS them.

My recommendations are as follows

(1) Hire a reputable PMC with a proven record of efficacy and capacity.
(2) Let them just face the north east challenge alone. State governors should set up their security strategy with their own pmcs to deal with local issues and the herdsmen menace.
(3) They should be contracted to train, advise and equip our military.
(4) They should be authorized to select the effective units we have and use them for the task at hand.

Our military brass is simply too entangled in corruption, propaganda and eye service to do what is necessary to win this war. We will still maintain overall control over these pmcs, because the soldiers and the financing is in governments hands.

This is just an adhoc measure. We should then expand our program with the British training team to stand up and re orient our entire military from battalion to brigade to divisional level.
They are currently offering us some training at their own expense. We should prioritize our security needs and pay for the full package they offer.

Finally, rather than wait for 2022 for the Americans to finally deliver our 12 tucano ISR/precision attack platform, we should get available Air tractor AT-802 which is a crop duster converted into a tucano like platform.

It's parts are cheap and available. And cannot be sanctioned by congress as farmers can order all the used crop dusters they want.

We can also contact paramount group as they specialize in refurbishing and upgrading used and affordable equipment.

Lastly, we should organize stakeholder companies and individuals with means, to raise a war fighting and equipment purchase fund.

Let's be innovative, what we have tried for the last ten years has not worked.

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pappydeewhy: 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
bidexiii:
#NN
#SBSC TRAINING
Elite special force fighting with life jacket grin
bidexiii:
#NN
#SBSC TRAINING
Elite special force fighting with life jacket.Hmmmmm
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
grin the PMC advocator don land

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
blacKDalia:

Maybe you meant it in a different way but how can BH be controlling a place and in that same place there's a military base?

Hmmmmm my brother staying in a 1kmsquare trench does not mean you control the Full LGA na.

Baba i travel by road in NE we see Bokoharam car tracks na. From 4pm these guys move freely on the roads na. Well lemme keep shut lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Hmmmmm my brother staying in a 1kmsquare trench does not mean you control the Full LGA na.

Baba i travel by road in NE we see Bokoharam car tracks na. From 4pm these guys move freely on the roads na. Well lemme keep shut lipsrsealed
lol.. thinking Boko Haran can be totally flushed out is like saying cultism can be totally eradicated..these two are synonymous and very much alike.

They live among the citizens and they ain't ghosts.

Cultists do operate broad day light in my school..they sometimes Mount road blocks at some corners..but there are police stations littered around.

We know them and can identify them but nobody get liver to report any of them to appropriate authorities..even if they get reported, they policemen or security might rat on u and reverse it on u..

Such like Boko Haram. The only difference is that the Boko boys are more radical and extreme..

So ur assertion is 100% true.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
Can I ask why you guys relish the opportunity to post gory images decapitated human bodies and death? The more gory the images are the more you rush to post it here. Nairaland is one of the biggest and most website in the world, its incredible how curse words are censored and can even attract a ban but when it comes to pictures of dead bodies and accident victims its allowed. Having a meal and visiting this page and seeing heaps of dead bodies with their brains blow out and protruding intestines and all is gonna give me PTSD for sure today, Next time put out a warning sign before posting images like this? It's not everybody that have a fetish for death and Gore.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

OK. That means they've been lying to Nigerians. C-in-C and his push up loving COAS. I wish say push up fit win BH as per this one sabi am well. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
For those who don't understand amphibious warfare, what would you say about British SBS wearing life jackets.

It is what is done on operations because you can drown, whether you can swim or not. It is only divers who don't wear them for obvious reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
blacKDalia:

OK. That means they've been lying to Nigerians. C-in-C and his push up loving COAS. I wish say push up fit win BH as per this one sabi am well. grin

Baba the Military dudes are trying. War is not as easy as you think especially in this context. But the FG ain't serious yet
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
Furthermore,for those in the south that are under the illusion that they are safe, when the Frankenstein creatures of the north reach maturity and overpower our military, the rest of the country unprepared for combat will fold in rapid succession.
Maiduguri, Kano,kaduna (with all it's military facilities . real smart, locating your entire military industrial complex in one state).

Then Abuja that lives in a cocoon, will fall because the soldiers will no longer stand and fight. However, the populus and the political class would not be able to escape. Not by road at least, cause the herdsmen have already cut all routes out and are essentially besieging all Nigerian cities, towns and villages.

Delusional Nigerians that believe in only prayers will be sitting ducks. For slaughtering. Benue, southern kaduna and zamfara are just the preamble to this tragedy that is already upon us.

The igbos have a saying that goes, " Anaghi agwa ochi nti na agha esu " translation, you don't tell the stubborn when war has come.

They ain't gonna listen anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.