Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3042769 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
*The Photo Shows an Old Style of Taking Oaths by Recruits in the Early Days of Nigeria Army ⚔*

How true?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSLyUyMRSPM

I hope they contacted Ghanian authorities before this interview
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 1:15am On Jun 06, 2019
EVarn:
Training units upon units of special forces combatants simply to protect air assets?,where are the air assets that needs such level of protection; a couple of push-to-start alpha jets, two rusty F7s and an unknown number of unspecified drones?.

I commend the CAS for his efficiency and transformational strides in recent years,there is no denying that he is the best service chief we have had throughout this BH insurgency. What worries me is how sustainable some of these policies are. A large NAF infantry will require huge resources yearly.

Can you stop being petty! The Alpha Jets are still in good shape, refurbished and bridging the gap until attrition replacements for future wars and the F7s are relatively new and a better version of the old Mig-21 variant with which India successfully countered a Pakistani F-16 despite having comparable aircraft.

What matters are the sub-systems on the jets and what roles they play for counter air or ground attack Ops. Besides Nigeria is not facing air threats from all azimuths by capable state actors to warrant buying jets expensive to maintain and budget depleting.

The Air Force continue to do very well under the circumstances whilst waiting the arrival of new 4++ generation acquisitions.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 9:24am On Jun 06, 2019
LTGEN:

This is my final take and understand there are somethings I have left out due to classified reasons.
As we Speak there are female Soldiers in infantry.They are not there to do their makeup.
During the first War at Baga.There were female NA casualties.This too me is the strongest reasons for the CONTINUED recruiting of female Soldiers.
A Female NA who was killed in the NE was 25 years old.
She didn't ask for any favors.
Instead when asked , She said if I die , I die.
The other myth.She was educated to the degree level so she wasn't job hunting.
As for SFs let me address this once and for all.
They are needed.
The enemy has employed countless numbers of females not just to act as bomb couriers but to do other dastardly deeds.
Nigeria is behind in this war in recruiting females in this war for SFs Ops
In the Civil War they were ahead.
They literally have catching up to do.

For my point of view I dont see the need for female members in SF. Just take a look at the cameroonian BIR and the NAF Panthers and the sort of training they go through. Do you think a lady can keep up with such physical requirments. I can accept that for certain roles which needs female presence, female staffs can be taken from NA female corps unit to fill in the need. I am not a backward but lets be sincere SF is a men's job .

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 11:25am On Jun 06, 2019
QuietMynd:

Thank God say we dont have people like them during the civil war. Even if we have, thank God say they no plenty.
He dey fear like.
Someone should tell him that nigeria have fought more deadlier war than this and it doesn't end the country.
Sorry partner, a kingdom divided against itself can not stand.

The political class have been totally disinterested in the specifics of what it requires to fight this war.
The generals and commanders are only interested in diverting the already inadequate funding for men and material.
Even the governors that are serious about governance and security, are being strangled by the ridiculous unitary constitution of ours.

Inefficiency abounds through out our operations.

For instance, the CJTF could effectively protect the populous in the north east with some ex police bolt action rifles and embedded special forces/pmcs. This allows the army to stay on the hunt, which is how one should tackle counterinsurgency. Instead , they keep drafting policemen from other states, who know nothing about the terrain or the local folks.

You think getting professional advice on how to win this war is cowardice? When Nigerian troops are afraid to patrol their own territory without the Cameroonian forces and their MRAPs.
When we need Chadian troops to spearhead our assaults and maneuvers.

It's too late to be too proud to beg.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2019
doziex:

The political class have been totally disinterested in the specifics of what it requires to fight this war.
The generals and commanders are only interested in diverting the already inadequate funding for men and material.
Even the governors that are serious about governance and security, are being strangled by the ridiculous unitary constitution of ours.

For instance, the CJTF could effectively protect the populous in the north east with some ex police bolt action rifles and embedded special forces/pmcs. This allows the army to stay on the hunt, which is how one should tackle counterinsurgency. Instead , they keep drafting policemen from other states, who know nothing about the terrain or the local folks.

You think getting professional advice on how to win this war is cowardice? When Nigerian troops are afraid to patrol their own territory without the Cameroonian forces and their MRAPs.

Pls stop this false imagination.
Are u in the north east?
If NO how do u want me to believe wat u wrote up there.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
doziex:

For one,I disagree with the notion that the government should further arm the CJTF and other vigilante groups, no serious government goes about arming militias within its territory,it could end up causing future problems. Instead,they should be assimilated into the existing security structure.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
EVarn:
For one,I disagree with the notion that the government should further arm the CJTF and other vigilante groups, no serious government goes about arming militias within its territory,it could end up causing future problems. Instead,they should be assimilated into the existing security structure.
u re right Arming the cjtf or any group isn't safe despode the fact that they assist our military in their own way
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
The NA for its missteps should be rightly criticized.
However We should be careful about aiding and helping BH.
The NA that you are claiming wont engaged BH was busy yesterday destroyed a BH team in Gwoza.
Everyone is entitled to their views.The reality on the ground is a lot different.
It also does a great disservice to the Men and Women who are fighting.
The CJTF are here to stayThey are armed with the Shotguns that were seized by Customs.They gave proved their worth in blood.
They are not going anywhere nor would or should they be armed with outdated bolt action Rifles when the enemy is using AK47s.
Thank God you are not the one making those decisions.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
LTGEN:
The NA for its missteps should be rightly criticized.
However We should be careful about aiding and helping BH.
The NA that you are claiming wont engaged BH was busy yesterday destroyed a BH team in Gwoza.
Everyone is entitled to their views.The reality on the ground is a lot different.
It also does a great disservice to the Men and Women who are fighting.
The CJTF are here to stayThey are armed with the Shotguns that were seized by Customs.They gave proved their worth in blood.
They are not going anywhere nor would or should they be armed with outdated bolt action Rifles when the enemy is using AK47s.
Thank God you are not the one making those decisions.

A bolt action rifle from ww2, is a better combat weapon than a pump action rifle,a double barrel or the local hunters gun.

It's a good sniper rifle. More accurate at stand off ranges than what the CJTF currently use. All you got to do, is clean and oil them.

It has a bayonet for close quarter combat.

It has a magazine that allows for multiple shots before reloading. Not a one or 2 shot deal.

This gives them a chance at survival against bhts automatic assault rifles and keeps them a step under our military just in case they go rouge.

However, I think that things are so bad, that they should be allowed to keep and use all the weapons they capture from bhts.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
EVarn:

India has local militias such as the Assam rifles. They are armed and assist in their counterinsurgency strategy.

Pakistan have their border rangers that is also an armed civilian militia type of outfit

Most of our military brass trained in the military institutions of these 2 countries.

So tell me, do we run a more serious and accomplished government than they ?

We don't need to reinvent the wheel, all we need to do is to study and learn from the experience of others.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
QuietMynd:

Pls stop this false imagination.
Are u in the north east?
If NO how do u want me to believe wat u wrote up there.

Omo no be me and you whey dey dis thread ?
The pics of Chadian and Cameroonian troops and their equipment abound here.
Ask allexpensive and the other soldiers on this thread whether this is true or not

I am not dissing our soldiers or our nation. But jungle don mature, defenseless folks are being slaughtered

A spade has to be called by it's name.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
doziex:

In/dia has local militias such as the Assam rifles. They are armed and assist in their counterinsurgency strategy.

In/dia does not operate militias , Paki/stan does eg mujahid force , Khasadar force , Kurram militia etc . Funny thing they are trying to disband them as was revealed by their PM this year.

Assam rifles is a paramilitary force staffed by army officer under deputation but under the control of home ministry. It is was termed as a paramilitary to overcome laws which forbade military deployment in civilian areas unless under external threat.

They are regular full time military force for operations in jungle terrains of North East In/dia with active duty participation in WW1 , WW2 , sino Ind/ia war , Bangladesh war.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
doziex:

India has local militias such as the Assam rifles. They are armed and assist in their counterinsurgency strategy.

Pakistan have their border rangers that is also an armed civilian militia type of outfit

Most of our military brass trained in the military institutions of these 2 countries.

So tell me, do we run a more serious and accomplished government than they ?

We don't need to reinvent the wheel, all we need to do is to study and learn from the experience of others.
I am sure if we look around very well,we will see countries to emulate for every government policy,good or bad. We don't have to do copy and paste for everything, most especially because societies differ.

This same policy of arming militias has torn countries and regions apart, how well has Afghanistan fared after the US armed the mujahideens?, Obama armed Al-Nusra in Syria, what is the outcome today?,even our backyard in Mali,barbar militants are running amok with arms. Pakistan is not exactly the epitome of peace and political stability,and India is not exactly the beacon of good governance(though I particularly haven't heard of them arming local militias).

Victory over BH requires an exclusively military solution. We won't be talking about the CJTF if the government is seriously willing to unleash sufficiently lethal force on this threat.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Shebi someone said official_Benison has being dismissed from the army... I wonder how he gets all the video he posts on his Instagram page.
Personally I don't get it oo putting into cognizance the new rule guiding the use of social media by Officers and men of the armed forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
EVarn:
I am sure if we look around very well,we will see countries to emulate for every government policy,good or bad. We don't have to do copy and paste for everything, most especially because societies differ.

This same policy of arming militias has torn countries and regions apart, how well has Afghanistan fared after the US armed the mujahideens?, Obama armed Al-Nusra in Syria, what is the outcome today?,even our backyard in Mali,barbar militants are running amok with arms. Pakistan is not exactly the epitome of peace and political stability,and India is not exactly the beacon of good governance(though I particularly haven't heard of them arming local militias).

Victory over BH requires an exclusively military solution. We won't be talking about the CJTF if the government is seriously willing to unleash sufficiently lethal force on this threat.

This is what I am talking about this blog is best if used to raise new and different ideas and strategies. We need to later all the back and forth juvenile name calling.

I actually suggested the formation of a civilian militia circa 2011 on beegeagles blog. I got the idea from Montagnards, Vietnamese tribesmen trained and used by the US green berets . They were very effective against the Vietcong.
The sons of Iraq was a militia used by general petraus effectively against the al Qaeda inspired insurgency .
Even the Nigerian army used the kamajors against the RUF rebels in Sierra Leone.
It is very risky and could backfire, you must be sure your interest align with that of the militia.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
nemesis8u:

In/dia does not operate militias , Paki/stan does eg mujahid force , Khasadar force , Kurram militia etc . Funny thing they are trying to disband them as was revealed by their PM this year.

Assam rifles is a paramilitary force staffed by army officer under deputation but under the control of home ministry. It is was termed as a paramilitary to overcome laws which forbade military deployment in civilian areas unless under external threat.

They are regular full time military force for operations in jungle terrains of North East In/dia with active duty participation in WW1 , WW2 , sino Ind/ia war , Bangladesh war.

Response: My point is that it is a valid strategy that the British used throughout their colonial empire.
To include the glovers hausas in 19th century Nigeria.

The ghurkas rifles which eventually became a regular unit

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
doziex:

This is what I am talking about this blog is best if used to raise new and different ideas and strategies. We need to later all the back and forth juvenile name calling.

I actually suggested the formation of a civilian militia circa 2011 on beegeagles blog. I got the idea from Montagnards, Vietnamese tribesmen trained and used by the US green berets . They were very effective against the Vietcong.
The sons of Iraq was a militia used by general petraus effectively against the al Qaeda inspired insurgency .
Even the Nigerian army used the kamajors against the RUF rebels in Sierra Leone.
It is very risky and could backfire, you must be sure your interest align with that of the militia.
I for one have a perculiar distaste for what you so eloquently described as juvenile name calling,and that is why I usually take the effort to devoid all my posts of any such colourful adjectives (as I am sure you have noticed).

I strongly believe that arming the CJTF is a disaster waiting to happen. When you cite the example of the US arming militias; it has always been US military doctrine to arm local groups within a foreign country, whose interest aligns with theirs. But they will never arm civilian militias if there was a similar scenario within the US.

It is easier for a intervening power to arm civilian groups within a target country to do its bidding,this way,the intervening power needs less of its own boots on ground. However,after the ploy works,on the long run when the group turns renegade,whose problem will it be?

The montagnard militia, where you got your idea from, later rebelled against the South Vietnamese government.

It is good that we both agree on the risk of your proposal. The best we can do with the CJTF is to absorb them into the army.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Pls house is the jf17 block 3 capable of competing with f35 cos I read it has anti stealth radar and also outmatch the f35 in speed....
I need insight
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Went on a peek on the thread "who has the strongest military in Africa". Geez kids everywhere. I hope they all stay there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
blacKDalia:
Went on a peek on the thread "who has the strongest military in Africa". Geez kids everywhere. I hope they all stay there.
Hazmat Suit must be worn while crossing into that thread

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 07, 2019
Toju200:
Pls house is the jf17 block 3 capable of competing with f35 cos I read it has anti stealth radar and also outmatch the f35 in speed....
I need insight
Simple answer...No!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2019
Toju200:
I need insight
It is ridiculously false, please disregard it might be another shot at marketing.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:16am On Jun 07, 2019
ugo4u:

It is ridiculously false, please disregard it might be another shot at marketing.
ok thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:17am On Jun 07, 2019
ugo4u:

you are right actually
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fachfouch: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2019
Tunisian air force
L-59 albatros

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:49am On Jun 07, 2019
fachfouch:
Tunisian air force
L-59 albatros
though old but still a pretty much cool combat Aircraft
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2019
fachfouch:
Tunisian air force
L-59 albatros
though old but still a pretty much good combat aircAirc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2019
Toju200:
though old but still a pretty much cool combat Aircraft
Obsolete......

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2019
fachfouch:
Tunisian air force
L-59 albatros
See how Tunisia has maintained these birds, where are Nigeria's jaguars?.

Some of our leaders (civilian and military) should be stripped naked and flogged for mismanagement.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
See how Tunisia has maintained these birds, where are Nigeria's jaguars?.

Some of our leaders (civilian and military) should be stripped naked and flogged for mismanagement.
You have a tendency for making comments for the sake of it? Not based on any form of knowledge, just anything that comes to your mind at a given point.

How well are Nigerian L-39s maintained?

Who told you it's because of mismanagement, that's why Nigerian Air Force Jaguars don't fly?

Do you know the number of years Alpha Jets and L-39s have been flying in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 10:59am On Jun 07, 2019
jln115:
Obsolete......
Though obsolete, they still have some fight in them. They were even used in COIN operations against insurgent groups as recently as 2013.

They also come in handy as trainers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.