Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3047009 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2019
Henry240:

You have a tendency for making comments for the sake of it? Not based on any form of knowledge, just anything that comes to your mind at a given point.

How well are Nigerian L-39s maintained?

Who told you it's because of mismanagement, that's why Nigerian Air Force Jaguars don't fly?

Do you know the number of years Alpha Jets and L-39s have been flying in Nigeria?
Well,do forgive me for making ignorant comments. You must understand that we weren't all blessed with the divine gift of omniscience.

However, can you be so kind as to enlighten my feeble mind on why our jaguars are now unoperational?.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
Though obsolete, they still have some fight in them. They were even used in COIN operations against insurgent groups as recently as 2013.

They also come in handy as trainers.

Who here thinks our airforce strike packages for bht, should be increased from 2 aircrafts to 4 aircrafts, most videos i see, seem to not be effective, the bht are well dispersed, and 250kg bombs, don't really have large warheads, i have been observing that the airstrikes don't even hurt 10 percent of the site , been attacked.....i would say 2 birds, carrying only bomb packages, the 3rd bird carrying both a bomb and rocket packages to deal better with dispersed and running terrorists, and the 4th bird carrying only rocket package......in the Liberian and Sierra Leone wars, our birds carried bombs with proximity fuse which makes the bomb explode a few feet above the ground, which are much effective than the bombs I'm seeing we using against Bht....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
Well,do forgive me for making ignorant comments. You must understand that we weren't all blessed with the divine gift of omniscience.

However, can you be so kind as to enlighten my feeble mind on why our jaguars are now unoperational?.
Nobody knows everything, but it's usually common practice to conduct basic research before bashing your country? Is this really too much to ask?

Our Jaguars are not operational because the UK and our other Creditors(Paris Club, IMF & World Bank etc) placed economic and military sanctions on Nigeria in the late 80's and 90's. It is basic information?

Do you think the Jaguar is a better fighter aircraft than our current F-7s, i mean, the Jaguar have been retired by all previous users apart from India.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2019
Henry240:

Nobody knows everything, but it's usually common practice to conduct basic research before bashing your country? Is this really too much to ask?

Our Jaguars are not operational because the UK and our other Creditors(Paris Club, IMF & World Bank etc) placed economic and military sanctions on Nigeria in the late 80's and 90's. It is basic information?

Do you think the Jaguar is a better fighter aircraft than our current F-7s, i mean, the Jaguar have been retired by all previous users apart from India.
Your ability to do basic research has only managed to avail me with information I already have,since the days of beegeagle. Everybody knows how international politics made Nigeria's fleet of jaguars useless as combat aircrafts. But what excuse do we have for neglecting them and leaving them to rot?,what is wrong in taking them to India for maintenance,and then using them as trainers?.

Do not preach patriotism to me, I am as patriotic as you can get. But that doesn't mean I won't present facts the way I see them.

The truth is, we allowed our fleet of jaguars to rot, international politics is no excuse. The role of those jets went beyond their deep strike capacity.

Talking about F7s,how many operational F7s do we have?. Issues must be addressed without emotions and sentiments so that we can move forward.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:26am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
See how Tunisia has maintained these birds, where are Nigeria's jaguars?.

Some of our leaders (civilian and military) should be stripped naked and flogged for mismanagement.
if possibly the jaguar jets aren't sold and are still in nigeria.the current CAS is ready to do all it takes to bring those birds back to life
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

Who here thinks our airforce strike packages for bht, should be increased from 2 aircrafts to 4 aircrafts, most videos i see, seem to not be effective, the bht are well dispersed, and 250kg bombs, don't really have large warheads, i have been observing that the airstrikes don't even hurt 10 percent of the site , been attacked.....i would say 2 birds, carrying only bomb packages, the 3rd bird carrying both a bomb and rocket packages to deal better with dispersed and running terrorists, and the 4th bird carrying only rocket package......in the Liberian and Sierra Leone wars, our birds carried bombs with proximity fuse which makes the bomb explode a few feet above the ground, which are much effective than the bombs I'm seeing we using against Bht....
I noticed too,but then again,one has to factor in the cost. How many aircrafts can be mobilized at once?,at what cost per aircraft?,what is the turn-about?.

Really,we need better aircrafts than those ones we have.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
I noticed too,but then again,one has to factor in the cost. How many aircrafts can be mobilized at once?,at what cost per aircraft?,what is the turn-about?.

Really,we need better aircrafts than those ones we have.
. Totally agree with you.perhaps the tucano can serve better.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

. At least it should even be a combination of alpha and gunships.and what of our drones haven't seen them in action for a long time
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 11:40am On Jun 07, 2019
Toju200:
. Totally agree with you.perhaps the tucano can serve better.
While I have my reservations about the tucanos,I agree that they will serve us better by far.

Methink it is time for the NAF to start inducting twin-engine aircrafts into our fleet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

I agree with you mate.
I think that should change as our JF17 and Tucano arrives...! Precision strike together with rocket/bomb bombardment.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:43am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
While I have my reservations about the tucanos,I agree that they will serve us better by far.

Methink it is time for the NAF to start inducting twin-engine aircrafts into our fleet.
I thought the defense minister said they may acquire MIG jets though nobody knows the variant any news about that
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2019
Toju200:
I thought the defense minister said they may acquire MIG jets though nobody knows the variant any news about that
I am not aware, if indeed there is a plan for that,then it is a welcome development.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
See how Tunisia has maintained these birds, where are Nigeria's jaguars?.

Some of our leaders (civilian and military) should be stripped naked and flogged for mismanagement.

That's not a fair comparison or assessment !
Why not compare are own Albretos with thier's ... hmmmmmmm ?
As a matter of fact over 80% of the NAF total aircraft/inventory are airworthy, for me as per the airforce current maintenance we are not doing bad.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:50am On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
I am not aware, if indeed there is a plan for that,then it is a welcome development.

..yep indeed.the defense minister said they are interested in the YAK 130 and the MIG fighter and other Hardware
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2019
Henry240:

You have a tendency for making comments for the sake of it? Not based on any form of knowledge, just anything that comes to your mind at a given point.

How well are Nigerian L-39s maintained?

Who told you it's because of mismanagement, that's why Nigerian Air Force Jaguars don't fly?

Do you know the number of years Alpha Jets and L-39s have been flying in Nigeria
?

Well said mate....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:53am On Jun 07, 2019
bidexiii:

As a matter of fact over 80% of the NAF total aircraft/inventory are airworthy, for me as per the airforce current maintenance we are not doing bad.
through talk bro.our maintenance unit are trying come to think of it we can Even overhaul our aircraft inhouse.its rare to see an African country with such capability perhaps south Africa,Egypt or Algeria can do dat too
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 11:59am On Jun 07, 2019
Toju200:
..yep indeed.the defense minister said they are interested in the YAK 130 and the MIG fighter and other Hardware
Nice, particularly the YAK130, that jet is exactly what we need.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
bidexiii:

Well said mate....
My brother can you just imagine the absurd comparison? Just for the sake of it.

80% of all NAF assets are airworthy, that's a huge achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
bidexiii:

80% of how many aircrafts in total?. I am not bashing our country, it's just the truth. We blundered with the jaguars, granted, we had an embargo on us,but on the long run,we shouldn't have left them to rot. Now we don't have enough trainers.

Even the Albatross we are talking about were just recently revamped when the war began.Poor maintenance is killing us in this country, and if not for the present CAS that is doing quite well,we wouldn't have moved even this much forward.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
EVarn:
80% of how many aircrafts in total?. I am not bashing our country, it's just the truth. We blundered with the jaguars, granted, we had an embargo on us,but on the long run,we shouldn't have left them to rot. Now we don't have enough trainers.

Even the Albatross we are talking about were just recently revamped when the war began.Poor maintenance is killing us in this country, and if not for the present CAS that is doing quite well,we wouldn't have moved even this much forward.
we have quite a good amount of basic trainers but on fighter aspect...ehssh we are lagging behind...what we need now is more of the jf17 thunder jet and a few tucano so dat alpha and aero will possibly be part of combat training fleet
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2019
HUMAN CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT: NAF TRAINS K-9 UNIT FOR SPECIAL OPERATIONS

Twenty personnel and 20 dogs of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Canine (K-9) Unit are currently undergoing advanced training in South Africa to enhance their capacity in the areas of Explosives Ordinance Detection (EOD), Narcotics Detection and Special Operations. The Special Operations training covers tracking, rappelling, waterman-ship and other special terrain training aimed at equipping members of the Unit with requisite skills to operate with NAF Special Forces (SF) personnel in Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) situations where they would be required to rescue downed aircrew, especially in denied environments. The special operations dogs would also be employed to support emergency responders in times of disasters to locate survivors.

At the end of the training, some of the personnel would be deployed as instructors at the newly established Air Police Training Centre (APTC) Kerang, Plateau State. The APTC’s location in Kerang is expected to enhance coordination of CSAR activities and training with the 205 CSAR Group, which is also based in Kerang.

The NAF K-9 Unit was established in 2016 by the incumbent Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar. Under his leadership the Unit has grown steadily over the last 4 years to a total of 39 well-trained dogs deployed at major Nigerian Airports, NAF Units and Theatres of Operation across the Country.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
NAF making me proud.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
Good Stuff
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
This is what the police and army should be doing.this currently CAS can make the air Force Alone represent the Armed Forces..... But don't we have such advance training facility in the police dog training center Lagos

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
More...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
Concl...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
Odunayaw:
Good Stuff

I love the part you highlighted....
The current CAS as vision and direction...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
bidexiii:

I love the part you highlighted....
The current CAS as vision and direction ...
What his Land counterparts seem to have misplaced along the line

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA CONDEMNS ILL-TREATMENT OF ARRESTED SUSPECTS IN TRENDING VIDEO

The attention of the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has been drawn to a video footage trending in the social media, visually displaying the maltreatment of some suspected armed bandits and kidnappers who were arrested along Road Abuja - Kaduna during a recent operation.

Apparently the troops had in their overzealousness tied one of the suspects to a stake in a desperate attempt to extract information from him.

The DHQ wishes to unambigously state that the act exhibited by the troops in the video footage is very unprofessional and an outright violation of the code of conduct handed down to guide the conduct and behaviour of troops of the AFN during operations. The DHQ therefore, in very strong terms condemn this act of ineptitude and exhibition of lawlessness.

The DHQ considers the conduct of the troops highly regrettable. In order to promptly address the anomally, the Chief of Defence Staff has ordered a thorough investigation into the incident to bring to book all those found culpable in accordance with the military justice system.

We seize this opportunity to urge members of the public to please report any such misdemeanor to security agencies whenever they are observed.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your medium. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Colonel
Acting Director Defence information

Video link- https://www.facebook.com/180168166239931/posts/316832002573546/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
Odunayaw:
What his Land counterparts seem to have misplaced along the line

Broda.....LEADERSHIP.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS AMBUSH TERRORISTS ALONG IZGE - KUBU GENERAL AREA OF BORNO STATE

Following credible information from good Samaritans of a planned terrorists attack on 114 Task Force Battalion, E Company location at Izge village, in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State, troops of 143 Battalion laid an ambush on the terrorists withdrawal route along Kubu village on the 4th of June 2019.

Consequently, the terrorists entered the ambush which resulted in the death of uncomfirm number of the criminals and the following items were recovered:
a. 4 x AK 47 Rifles
b. 1 x 81 Millimetre Mortar
c. Assorted ammunitions
d. 2 x Hilux Vehicles
e. 1 x Pumping Machine

There was no casualty on the part of the national army.

The Nigerian Army, through the Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE uses this medium to commend and encourages those who availed the troops the information that led to the success of the operation, and further enjoined members of the public to be more forthcoming to the security agencies with useful information about the terrorists and other criminals in Nigeria.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
5 May 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
More...

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.