Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (937) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3047011 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
18 Islamic State Terrorists Killed In Joint Operation With American Troops In Niger

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/21/18-islamic-state-terrorists-killed-joint-operation-american-troops-niger
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
#HappeningNow Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, @CAS_AMSadique, is in Kano today, 21 June 19, along with the Czech Ambassador to Nigeria, HE Marek Skolil, for the handing over ceremony of 3 reactivated @NigAirForce L-39ZA aircraft; NAF 352, 354 & 364

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
As usual the Egyptian army SOF (likely TF-999 unit) trained with their counterparts from Togo on liberating urban village, CQB operations including Door-to-Door assaults, Rope jump for SF personnel from Westland Sea King Utility EAF Helicopters

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
OFF TOPIC

The #USNavy's RQ-4A drone which was shot-down by #IRGC over #Oman Sea near #HormuzStrait was equipped with Raytheon AN/ALR-89 self-protection suite which failed to protect this $130 mil UAV from danger of Sayyad SD2C missile launched from 3rd Khordad SAM system .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
bidexiii:
OFF TOPIC

The #USNavy's RQ-4A drone which was shot-down by #IRGC over #Oman Sea near #HormuzStrait was equipped with Raytheon AN/ALR-89 self-protection suite which failed to protect this $130 mil UAV from danger of Sayyad SD2C missile launched from 3rd Khordad SAM system .
danger looms this is just the beginning
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
BabaOwen:
One patriotic mumu will soon come and tell me this kind of thing happens in the USA angry

Foolishness and political correctness will never make us crush insecurity in Nigeria. OBJ made it clear, Fulani herdsmen should be ruthlessly crushed. Let the herdsmen go back to sokoto or zamfara if people from other tribes do not want them to settle on their land.

You can't come to my farmland, ruin my farm with your malnourished cows all in the name of one Nigeria.

For this country to be able to take a great leap, we need to change the way we run things, if we're scared of the sentence "division of Nigeria" we can just practice confederation, this way we can make the 6 geo political regions strong republic under the Nigeria federation. The geopolitical region should have their own security operatives(military and non military) the federal government will only be in charge of foreign affairs and currency. Once we practice this confederation, any region that wants to practise full sharia will be able to do so, and anyone that wants to turn is region to a ranch will also do so.

I can assure you 100%, nothing will happen to the herdsmen that committed this crime against humanity, buhari won't even say anything concerning it.

As for me if IPOB can be proscribe a terrorist group, I see no reason why Fulani herdsmen won't also be proscribe a terrorist group.

It seems the unity of Nigeria is more important than the lives of the people living in this mere geographical expression.

The Nigerian elite, including the military don't have any sense at all.They that like milking Nigeria dry, If I were to be in charge of the Nigerian military, I will try to keep them apolitical and unbiased in Nigeria. They are the last bastion of our unity and if they should start fighting among themselves, the presidents talk of "one indivisible Nigeria", will be a mirage and the oil money that they so crave will be gone. This is not 1966, it will be hard to keep one Nigeria if the events of 1966 repeat itself.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Toju200:
danger looms this is just the beginning
j

truth is if not because of sanctions, Iran would be up there with Saudi Arabia in terms of economy, and Israel in terms of technology, UAE in terms of tourism
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
BabaOwen:
One patriotic mumu will soon come and tell me this kind of thing happens in the USA angry

Foolishness and political correctness will never make us crush insecurity in Nigeria. OBJ made it clear, Fulani herdsmen should be ruthlessly crushed. Let the herdsmen go back to sokoto or zamfara if people from other tribes do not want them to settle on their land.

You can't come to my farmland, ruin my farm with your malnourished cows all in the name of one Nigeria.

For this country to be able to take a great leap, we need to change the way we run things, if we're scared of the sentence "division of Nigeria" we can just practice confederation, this way we can make the 6 geo political regions strong republic under the Nigeria federation. The geopolitical region should have their own security operatives(military and non military) the federal government will only be in charge of foreign affairs and currency. Once we practice this confederation, any region that wants to practise full sharia will be able to do so, and anyone that wants to turn is region to a ranch will also do so.

I can assure you 100%, nothing will happen to the herdsmen that committed this crime against humanity, buhari won't even say anything concerning it.

As for me if IPOB can be proscribe a terrorist group, I see no reason why Fulani herdsmen won't also be proscribe a terrorist group.

It seems the unity of Nigeria is more important than the lives of the people living in this mere geographical expression.

Apparently, you have no clue why the former regions was dissolved, you have no clue why its security apratchick was equally abandoned.
Just do some reading about where the country started from, you may get a clue why we can't go down the path that once failed us.
Nigeria did not start today, most of these suggestions are things that have already failed in the past, all you need do is pick up a book!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
bidexiii:
New Nigerian Army light Tactical Vehicle

You mean new Nigerian army gift to ISWAP?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Tobiloba2407:
j

truth is if not because of sanctions, Iran would be up there with Saudi Arabia in terms of economy, and Israel in terms of technology, UAE in terms of tourism
USA sanction Iran Sha..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
bidexiii:

18 Islamic State Terrorists Killed In Joint Operation With American Troops In Niger

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/21/18-islamic-state-terrorists-killed-joint-operation-american-troops-niger

Eighteen members of the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara were killed in a joint operation by US, French and Niger troops near Niger's border with Mali, the defence ministry said Tuesday.

International Multinational joint task force

"Important[b] material was recovered including equipment belonging to the Niger armed forces[/b] which were taken by the attackers after the ambush," the statement said.

Mission; Arms recovery & retaliation.

The United States has a big base for drones in the northern city of Agadez and Niger recently gave the Americans permission to arm their drones.

The French also have a military base near Niamey airport and another at Madama in the north. Various insurgent groups operate in the country's west and north, and Nigeria's Boko Haram is present in its southeast.

We saw it coming, didn't we? who else thinks Nigeria does not need a Multinational joint task force for arms recovery? can we admit that Nigeriens are smarter than Nigerians?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
bidexiii:
OFF TOPIC

The drone is a US navy prototype. The whole thing was deliberate. The US is looking for a casus Belli to attack Iran.

Honestly speaking I don't think the Iranians can withstand America's firepower. Forget about the issue of Russia backing Iran when push comes to shove Kremlin will find their way, they too wanna make money from the sales of weapons to Iran.
Nobody prays for war but if common sense don't prevail, Nigeria will be a huge beneficiary from the possible hike in oil prices.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
ugo4u:

The drone is a US navy prototype. The whole thing was deliberate. The US is looking for a casus Belli to attack Iran.

Honestly speaking I don't think the Iranians can withstand America's firepower. Forget about the issue of Russia backing Iran when push comes to shove Kremlin will find their way, they too wanna make money from the sales of weapons to Iran.
Nobody prays for war but if common sense don't prevail, Nigeria will be a huge beneficiary from the possible hike in oil prices.

My own opinion too. They just want the present Iranian ruling government out by all means.
Are the Russians really on the Iranian side? That would be a question in the nearest future to be answered !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
jpphilips:

I am happy someone mentioned this; what it means is that Nigeria has fallen under the hammer of the global hawks as recent as 5yrs ago, apparently, we didn't learn from that experience, now listen up, there was nobody in Obama's security circle that didn't want the US to make that money from Nigeria make no mistakes about that, jonathan committed several global blunders, not only did he pay for it with his office, he narrowly escaped with his life, that phone call to PMB was his ticket to a new life.

Jonathan out of ethnic sentiment didn't know that what befell his administration was mere ill luck, as a result, he switched to deception mode mostly to obfuscate his southern supporters, boko haram was given a narrative of "Northern problem" instead of "National problem", every global incident was branded a scam, at a point he f00led his minions that BHT was a force to destabilize his administration, he stopped listening to foreign affairs because he believed his problem was at home, OBJ being a proxy of global hawks told him what was happening in Washington, he refused to listen, OBJ fell out with him.

The second crime of Jonathan was supporting moles in his administration that compromised the intelligence of the global hawks.
Even at that, none of these misdemeanors of his landed Nigeria in any major trouble.

The biggest crime of Jonathan was falling out with the most powerful man in congress Late Sen John Mccain (Rep) Arizona, a man that is more powerful than most African presidents by influence. The longest serving senator in the armed services committee.
Now, study that Leahy's ban on Nigeria, it was a congressional ban with Mccain's hands all over it, Mccain at a point personally threatened Jonathan with invasion, the human rights clause in Leahy's ban is nowhere comparable to what US allies elsewhere does, however, that strained relationship built on Chibok denial (at at the time he was chairing the Subcommittee on African Affairs under the foreign affairs committee in Congress), landed jonathan in a big mess.

what did Jonathan do? he claimed Chibok was a scam, the US foreign affairs committee with the assistance of Africom all the way from Stuttgart, later confirmed that abduction, Africom provided the evidence on which michelle obama and others joined the BBOG campaign.
That day was the date the global hawks marked jonathan for destruction.

Most of his minions thought that loosing that election he still had the chance to fight back, hell no, Africom SOF command was already in Ghana monitoring the elections, if he had at least refused to concede defeat, he wouldn't last the next 12 hrs.
It was Mccain that destroyed Jonathan not Obama.

Compare it with this present arms gift to boko haram and ISWAP, do you still think there won't be serious consequences on the global stage?
Don't you think we should be discussing that MNJTF for arms recovery by now? Only a foolish optimist can deny the dark realities of the moment.
Jonathan was booted out because he was incompetent and lackadaisical. Even he knew it. I agree that the west resented him,but ultimately,it was Nigerians who rejected him. However, of all his inadequacies, I do not think Jonathan was blinded by tribal sentiments,he was simply cautious of the Northern elites,and rightfully so. When this BH insurgency started, many parts of the muslim North saw it as a just cause. Even the current president at a time was once quoted saying "a war against Boko Haram is war against the North",some elites demanded that BH be given amnesty in form of monetary inducement. Of course,it was only natural for Jonathan to be wary of the North,and all the events surrounding the region; hence,to him,BH was a northern project to destabilize his government. He wasn't just selling the story,he actually believed it. To an extent,it was even true.

The Obama administration took a hard stance against Jonathan because they perceived his government as highly corrupt and inefficient. A government that even went ahead to deny the abduction of the chibok girls for over a month, an action driven by suspicion and paranoia. Obama flew circles round Africa,from Ghana to Kenya,but never stepped foot into Nigeria, that in itself was a diplomatic statement that showed the level of contempt he held for the Nigerian government. So it wasn't about John McCain, it was all about Jonathan's incompetence and Obama's disapproval.

Ultimately,if Jonathan had handled the BH situation more seriously, he wouldn't have been booted out by the Nigerian people. No matter what the US wanted.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Guys can you talk military related issues only and leave politics out .... it always end bad.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
#AFSF

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
#EAF
#PARAFORCES

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=EVarn
Jonathan was booted out because he was incompetent and lackadaisical. Even he knew it. I agree that the west resented him,but ultimately,it was Nigerians who rejected him. However, of all his inadequacies, I do not think Jonathan was blinded by tribal sentiments,he was simply cautious of the Northern elites,and rightfully so. When this BH insurgency started, many parts of the muslim North saw it as a just cause. Even the current president at a time was once quoted saying "a war against Boko Haram is war against the North",some elites demanded that BH be given amnesty in form of monetary inducement. Of course,it was only natural for Jonathan to be wary of the North,and all the events surrounding the region; hence,to him,BH was a northern project to destabilize his government. He wasn't just selling the story,he actually believed it. To an extent,it was even true.

You just regurgitated the same lies Jonathan sold to his eastern supporters without reading with a broader mind.
You just said it that Jonathan is inefficient, have you bothered to figure out what made him inefficient?
That's what I just wrote up there, it matters less what you believe.

Ask yourself, why should a sitting president be acting on the gut feelings of northern Almajiris and so called elites when the US intel on boko haram was credible?
An intel that linked BHT with AQIM? Traced the source of their weapons to a failed US campaign in Libya, Can you answer that question?

Before you answer that question, recall that in 2013, the US released a similar intel that connected Fauzii Fawad, Mustapha Fawaz and Abdallah Tahini all Lebanese with hezbollah ties, Iranian intelligence agents by proxy using Amigo supermarket as a front.
Jonathan's swift action on that intel led to the discovery of an arms cache in Bomai and subsequent hit on Elzakzaky killing two of his sons linked to Iranian intelligence, like you said, he was too dumb to allow Elzakzaky continue till pmb arrived and dismantled that terror cell.

Tell me, why did Jonathan not rely on the gut feeling of IMN Almajiris and northern shiite elites to sleep off that intel?
You can see clearly that when a president decides to act on gut feelings, religious and tribal sentiments it comes with consequences one he dearly paid for.

The Obama administration took a hard stance against Jonathan because they perceived his government as highly corrupt and inefficient. A government that even went ahead to deny the abduction of the chibok girls for over a month, an action driven by suspicion and paranoia. Obama flew circles round Africa,from Ghana to Kenya,but never stepped foot into Nigeria, that in itself was a diplomatic statement that showed the level of contempt he held for the Nigerian government. So it wasn't about John McCain, it was all about Jonathan's incompetence and Obama's disapproval.

Ultimately,if Jonathan had handled the BH situation more seriously, he wouldn't have been booted out by the Nigerian people. No matter what the US wanted.

Again like always, you speak from a cache of unresonable feebles with no connection with reality, Obama supported a lot of corrupt regimes, south Korea (now serving jail term), Brazil, Argentina, cuba etc, it is difficult to convince someone like me that Jonathan's problem with the gods was corruption, I dont even want to remember the gay marriage feeble he sold.
At the horn of Africa, Kenya, they rejected the same gay marriage proposal worse than Nigeria yet Obama rewarded them with millions of usd in aid, how do you rationalize that?
Corruption was Jonathan's problem with Nigerians not the US.

Finally, if you sincerely believe Jonathan was removed by the Nigerian people, proove it by removing PMB.
I will start taking you seriously when you can connect what you think you know with the realities of global politics.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 1:52am On Jun 22, 2019
Since, there is no military related post, let me drop dis

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:21am On Jun 22, 2019
OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: NAF RECEIVES 3 L-39ZA AFTER IN-COUNTRY REACTIVATION

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has taken over 3 L-39ZA aircraft, which were reactivated in-country by the original manufacturers of the aircraft, Messrs Aerovodochody of Czech Republic, assisted by NAF engineers and technicians. The colourful handing over ceremony, which had the Czech Republic Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Marek Skolil, in attendance, took place today, 21 June 2019, at the NAF 403 Flying Training School (403 FTS), Kano. The reactivation will ensure that the NAF increases the number of fighter pilots available to man its existing fighter jets as well as the new platforms, such as the A-29 Super Tucano and JF-17 Thunder Multi-Role Fighter, which are to be inducted into NAF inventory soon.

The Guest of Honour at the Ceremony, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, while making his remarks, explained that the handing over of the 3 reactivated aircraft marked another milestone in NAF’s efforts to ensure that 403 FTS continues to operate optimally. He noted that the in-country reactivation of the aircraft was also done in pursuit of the overall objective to domicile all maintenance and training activities locally, thereby resulting in huge foreign exchange savings which could be channeled towards providing other facilities. The CAS emphasized that the Service, having recognized the fact that conducive atmosphere was key to ensuring that students derive maximum benefit from training institutions, had renovated and equipped classrooms; upgraded and re-equipped the map room and provided a new Computer-Based Training (CBT) Laboratory to supplement and enhance the training efforts of 403 FTS.

Air Marshal Abubakar, who also noted that the NAF was encouraged by the presence of the Czech Ambassador at the event, explained that the project was a reflection of the Czech Republic Government’s commitment to the NAF’s capacity building efforts. He added that the Service was extremely pleased with what had been achieved in just 4 months, especially the transfer of skills and expertise to NAF engineers and technicians. According to him, “the Service is looking forward to sustaining the good working relationship that has been re-established as well as having a long and fruitful partnership that is beneficial to the 2 countries. It is also my belief that we will reach a reasonable conclusion on plans to overhaul additional 6 x L-39ZA aircraft”, he added.

The CAS seized the opportunity to thank the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, for giving priority attention to NAF’s efforts in maintaining current platforms and equipment as well as the support given to NAF to acquire new platforms such as the A-29 Super Tucano, JF-17 aircraft as well as additional Mi-35M and Agusta A-109 Power helicopters. He reiterated the unalloyed loyalty and commitment of the Service to continue to support the Federal Government in its policy thrust of providing security, improving the economy and fighting corruption. Air Marshal Abubakar also commended the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command as well as the Commander 403 FTS and his team of instructors, engineers, technicians and other supporting staff for their efforts at ensuring quality training for student fighter pilots and providing serviceable aircraft that can support and sustain training. He equally lauded the Chiefs of Aircraft Engineering and Logistics for providing the leadership and direction that ensured the success of the reactivation process.

In his remarks, the Czech Republic Ambassador traced the history of the long standing cordial relationship between Nigeria and Czech Republic since independence, especially the various contributions in terms of military technical assistance, equipment and training. He especially noted the supply of the L-29 aircraft, which were used for training as well as combat operations during the Nigerian Civil War. He noted that this paved way for the acquisition of the L-39ZA, which has been used extensively by the NAF for training over the past 33 years and, more recently, for operations in the Northeast. Mr Skolil expressed his delight that Aerovodochody, which has been in the Aviation Industry for over 100 years, had completed the reactivation programme on time as well as to specification. He said the Company has continued to evolve with changing technologies and recently launched the first prototype of the latest version of the L-39, the L-39Next Generation (L-39NG), which would be available for acquisition by the NAF at a reduced cost since modernization elements in the existing L-39s would not be phased out with their airframes but transferred to the new L-39NG.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Commander 403 FTS, Air Commodore Nnamdi Ananaba, highlighted that the reactivation of the 3 aircraft had commenced a few months after the graduation ceremony of Basic Flying Course 18 (BFC - 18), when the school did not have enough aircraft to accommodate an increased demand for fighter pilot training occasioned by the need to meet aircrew requirements for newly acquired platforms. He lauded the CAS, who, he said, in characteristic manner, declared a state of emergency and orchestrated the processes that led to the reactivation of the 3 L-39ZA aircraft, within record time, as well as the improvement of facilities in the school to accommodate a larger intake of students. At the end of the ceremony, an acceptance flight, which featured some aerobatic maneuveres, was conducted on the newly reactivated aircraft.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2019
More...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2019
Concl..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36am On Jun 22, 2019
CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF CHARGES TROOPS TO REMAIN DOGGED AND MORE DECISIVE IN THE FIGHT TO END TERRORISM IN NIGERIA

The Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai has assured troops of 118 and 119 Task Force Battalions in Mallam Fatori of his continuous support in providing them with Logistical and technical supplies/requirements to totally defeat/ end terrorism in Nigeria.

The message was conveyed to the troops by the Theatre Commander (TC), Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General Benson Akinroluyo while on Operational visit to the Battalions' locations in Mallam Fatori axis in Northern Borno along the fringes of Lake Chad on Thursday, the 20th of June 2019.

He charged the troops to remain dogged and increase the momentum in the fight against terrorism and insurgency through sustained proactive, offensive clearance operations to ensure that the remaining terrorists are completely crushed and flushed out of the North East Zone.

The visit is in line with the Chief of Army Staff directive for Commanders to regularly visit troops deployed at the front lines, appreciate and encourage them to do more. It is also an opportunity to assess troops' wellbeing, operational readiness and to have first hand information on the security situation in the general area of operation.

The TC was accompanied on the visit by some Principal Staff Officers of the Theatre Command and the Acting Commanding Officer of 272 Task Force Battalion. They were received by the Acting Commanding Officer of 119 Task Force Battalion Major AM Lawal, who briefed the TC on the operational, security situations and strategies put in place by the Battalions to project sustained offensive operations, defend and hold the ground as situations warrant.

Thereafter, the TC used the opportunity to interact with the troops who were visibly elated. They used the occasion to express profound appreciation to the Chief of Army Staff for his concern for the welfare of troops and tremendous support to the Battalions in the areas of prompt repairs of fighting vehicles and provision of stores which assisted in the current successes been recorded.

Ado Isa
Colonel
Deputy Director Public Relations
7 Division Nigerian Army/Sector 1 Operation LAFIYA DOLE
21 June 2019 provision of stores which assisted in the current successes been recorded.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Seened: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2019
bidexiii:
Concl..

Great posts Bidexiii. I wish Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar could be made the chief of defence staff. He comes across as a competent head.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2019
Seened:

Great posts Bidexiii. I wish Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar could be made the chief of defence staff. He comes across as a competent head.

Been the CDS is like talent wasting, you don't have a command/commission under you? The CDS office is more of administration work.
I wished he was the COAS lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:50am On Jun 22, 2019
Egyptian ministry of Interior EOD Teams deployed to secure stadiums during #CAF2019.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 22, 2019
bidexiii:
Egyptian ministry of Interior EOD Teams deployed to secure stadiums during #CAF2019.

With the death of ex president morsi from muslim brothers organisation in jail this days they are fully in alert

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 22, 2019
bidexiii:
OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: NAF RECEIVES 3 L-39ZA AFTER IN-COUNTRY REACTIVATION

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has taken over 3 L-39ZA aircraft .......

This ones look like the L39 C , not the ZA version

The ZA have a cannon in a belly pack, ans four hard points pylons

Za pics (algerian Af) , i see only two pylons on the nigerian's received

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Seened: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2019
bidexiii:

Been the CDS is like talent wasting, you don't have a command/commission under you? The CDS office is more of administration work.
I wished he was the COAS lipsrsealed

COAS?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2019
THE CULT GROUPS IN EKPEYE LAND SUE FOR PEACE AND EMBRACE AMNESTY.

The Leader of the Iceland Cult group in Ekpeye land, Don d Don of Ahoada East & West, the No.1 Sailor of Ekpeye Marine(Owor Ekpeye), Comr. Ukela Ochoma led the team of his boys and two from Greenland cult group to embrace amnesty organized by the Council Chairmen, of Ahoada East & West, Hon. Barr. Ben Eke, Hon. Hope Ikiriko and Ekpeye Traditional Rulers, Eze Igbu-Upata, Eze Igbu-Ehuda, Eze Igbu-Akoh, Eze Igbu-Igbuduya, Eze Igbu-Ubie and Eze Igbu-Ugbobi in collaboration with security agencies, Nigerian Police Force, Joint Tasks Force(JTF) DSS, in line with the directives of the Governor of Rivers state in respect to Security of lives and properties.

The council Chairmen, the Traditional Rulers, Area Commander, JTF Commander, and EYC President, all thanked the boys for coming out in their numbers to embrace peace for the good of Ekpeye land, they advised them never to go back to crime and criminality again, now that your sins are forgiven "GO AND SIN NO MORE" that the government will not pay you for embracing peace rather the government has forgiven you of your past sins and grant you freedom to associate in the society as a law-abiding citizen, we therefore from our hearts welcome you fully in to society, their data's were also taken.

In response, the Leader of the Cult group thanked Ekpeye people, the Government and Security agencies for giving them this opportunity and assured them of their willingness for peace and promise never to get involved in any form of social vices in Ekpeye land and if they do, let God, the government and the land take their lives and also appeal that "let the kings never get involved in what belongs to the youths and let empowerment/employment opportunities never be sold again in the land". their weapons will be handed over to the JTF as agreed.

After prayers were offered, the boys were taken to the ancestral home of Ekpeye people Ula Ubie for the swearing of oath with the gods of the land as customer demand.

To God be the glory, believing Ekpeye land will now know peace in Jesus name..

>>> https://grovenaija360.com/dreaded-cultists-surrender-sign-peace-agreement-in-ahoada-rivers-state-photos/

The kind of arrangement you see in Nigeria is unbelievable grin, all the killings, looting, and destruction of properties they have committed that one too is buried with the tortoise

Only God knows the new group that will be killing and maiming people in the next 5 years.

After taken a lot of lives, and stolen from people, their punishment is to be granted amnesty and giving millions of naira angry

The Rivers state government gave cultist amnesty in 2016 yet nothing has changed. I'm sure another group will rise up soon.

Cultist are been granted amnesty and given millions of naira, what about us that are peaceful and hardworking sad I did a job for a company at Ikeja, I worked under the sun and rain o, this company still dey give me story till today. Our labor laws are useless.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by oyinpr(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2019
Algerian1:

This ones look like the L39 C , not the ZA version

The ZA have a cannon in a belly pack, ans four hard points pylons

Za pics (algerian Af) , i see only two pylons on the nigerian's received
i serves with that unit during my NYSC it sure has the cannons they can be dismounted and the other hard points too. It is just in the basic trainner configuration thats all. When in attack configuration this baby can do some serious damage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
ISWAP SUFFERS HEAVIEST LOSS IN 6 MONTHS

In continuation of the on going Operation YANCIN TAFKI to rout Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) from the Lake Chad Area, the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) in conjunction with national forces yesterday, 21 June 2019, inflicted the heaviest loss in 6 months on ISWAP.

At about 6am yesterday, 21 June 2019, troops embarked on clearance operation to Doron Naira (an island in Lake Chad), in a bid to disrupt ISWAP's activities on the island and adjoining localities. Troops effectively suppressed ISWAP and successfully conducted the clearance operation. At the end of the engagement, the following statistics were recorded;
- 42 terrorists neutralized, several others escaped with gunshot wounds.
- 2 Gun trucks destroyed .
- 3 Motor cycles destroyed.
- 2 Light machine guns recovered
- 2 AK 47 Riffles recovered.

Unfortunately, the MNJTF lost a soldier while 10 others were Wounded in Action. The affected soldiers have been evacuated accordingly.

Earlier in the week, ISWAP also met a similar fate when they attempted to attack MNJTF troops in Sector 1 Foward Operation Base (FOB) in Ngouma in Cameroon. In that engagement, ISWAP lost 5 terrorists, while 1 was captured. They also lost 13 AK 47 Riffles and 2 Hand Grenades.

Similarly, the MNJTF also conducted air interdictions in Arege and Malkorony. Several terrorists are suspected to have been killed as the Headquarters and logistics base of a top ISWAP commander, Abu Talib was targeted in that operation.

Please, disseminate this information to the general public.

Colonel Timothy Antigha
Chief of Military Public Information
MNJTF
N'Djamena - Chad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.