Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,856 members, 7,851,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3065557 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2019
Toju200:
sorry for ur loss pls lemme ask wat work do u do... I thought u we're a military personnel at first

Not a Military Personnel. I work with a Humanitarian Aid Organisation in the Northern Borno Axis
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Not a Military Personnel. I work with a Humanitarian Aid Organisation in the Northern Borno Axis
ooh sorry for ur loss
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:

All soldiers serving in the North East are been issued webbings/bullet proof vest. Most of these soldiers decides not to wear or used them because of the weight.

Are you sure all Soldiers here in the Northeast are being issued Helmet and bullet proof vest?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
TROOPS AT FOB JAKANA NEUTRALISE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS
- Recover Gun truck, Arms, RPG tubes and Ammunition

Sadly, a Colonel, Captain and 3 soldiers on transit from Maiduguri to Damaturu ran into ambush staged by fleeing terrorists at Jakana axis which led to unfortunate death.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Are you sure all Soldiers here in the Northeast are being issued Helmet and bullet proof vest?

Helmets & bullet proof/webbings are been issued for every serving soldier. Go into our stores you see them abundantly, the only thing I don't like about them is the quality and different colour types of vest we use.
Am so sure.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

Troops of 212 Battalion deployed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Jakana, on Wednesday 17Th July, 2019 dealt with and neutralised unconfirmed number of Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists when they woefully attempted to infiltrate their base in dire need for logistics.
The terrorists came at about 1845 hours in 7 Gun Trucks and fought fiercely to infiltrate the camp, but the attack was thwarted with heavy fire and bombardment by the gallant and patriotic troops who were vigilant and battle ready.

The terrorists couldn't bear the fire power any longer after loosing significant number of both equipment and personnel in an exchange of fire. They lost initiative and withdrew in disarray along the Benisheikh - Damaturu axis, - abandoning a damaged utility Gun truck which was earmarked to convey looted items.
Troops immediately followed in hot pursuit and the following items were captured:

a. 1 x Anti Aircraft Gun

b. 2 x Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) Tubes

c. 2 x AK 47 Rifles

d. 15 x Machine Gun rounds

e. 12 x AK 47 NATO rounds.

Sadly, a Colonel and a Captain as well as 3 soldiers on transit from Maiduguri to Damaturu run into an ambush staged by the routed/fleeing terrorists from the Jakana axis which led to their unfortunate death.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai while commiserating with the families of the fallen heroes reiterated that "Personnel of the Nigerian Army will never be deterred in the ongoing noble and patriotic fight against terrorism and insurgency in the North East". He further commended the efforts of the entire troops in the theatre and charged them to remain focus, highly committed and professional in the discharge of their constitutional roles.

The sacrifices of the fallen heroes in the ongoing fight against terrorism and insurgency is no doubt painful to all, but that will further spur us to do more to ensure that our country remain secured, peaceful and free from terrorists activities for the overall interest of the nation.

Ado Isa
Colonel
Deputy Director Public Relations
Operation LAFIYA DOLE
19 July 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:
#NA BYKERS
Bajajs? shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
sad sad Along Gubio-Damasak road yesterday at 4pm Bokoharam abducted some of our colleagues and Killed one of our Drivers. Too Sad sad embarassed
Am sorry for your loss. Your job is just too high risk damn!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
RIP sir..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:

If it will bring an end to the menace, why not give it a trial. Not every one these militia & terrorist issue will be solved by the kinetics angle, just saying please don't come for my head shocked

Are you implying, Bandits and Fulani Herdsmen are euphemisms for Bokoharam terrorists? That Government does not want to frighten the people of Nigeria by admitting that Bokoharam has broken the back of the strategies the army employed to keep them pinned in the North East and they are now at large?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:
PRESS RELEASE

Troops of 212 Battalion deployed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Jakana, on Wednesday 17Th July, 2019 dealt with and neutralised unconfirmed number of Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists when they woefully attempted to infiltrate their base in dire need for logistics.
The terrorists came at about 1845 hours in 7 Gun Trucks and fought fiercely to infiltrate the camp, but the attack was thwarted with heavy fire and bombardment by the gallant and patriotic troops who were vigilant and battle ready.

The terrorists couldn't bear the fire power any longer after loosing significant number of both equipment and personnel in an exchange of fire. They lost initiative and withdrew in disarray along the Benisheikh - Damaturu axis, - abandoning a damaged utility Gun truck which was earmarked to convey looted items.
Troops immediately followed in hot pursuit and the following items were captured:

a. 1 x Anti Aircraft Gun

b. 2 x Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) Tubes

c. 2 x AK 47 Rifles

d. 15 x Machine Gun rounds

e. 12 x AK 47 NATO rounds.

Sadly, a Colonel and a Captain as well as 3 soldiers on transit from Maiduguri to Damaturu run into an ambush staged by the routed/fleeing terrorists from the Jakana axis which led to their unfortunate death.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai while commiserating with the families of the fallen heroes reiterated that "Personnel of the Nigerian Army will never be deterred in the ongoing noble and patriotic fight against terrorism and insurgency in the North East". He further commended the efforts of the entire troops in the theatre and charged them to remain focus, highly committed and professional in the discharge of their constitutional roles.

The sacrifices of the fallen heroes in the ongoing fight against terrorism and insurgency is no doubt painful to all, but that will further spur us to do more to ensure that our country remain secured, peaceful and free from terrorists activities for the overall interest of the nation.

Ado Isa
Colonel
Deputy Director Public Relations
Operation LAFIYA DOLE
19 July 2019
this clearly states that (1) We need and should use APCs and MRAP for patrol not this soft skin vehicles...who would survive an Ambush in that before that vehicle was well targeted and blown apart by a tank or warhead or something Other combat capable soft skin vehicles should be used in long range fight to serve as an additional fire power like the IVM G12, Hilux,ipv e.t.c(2) During patrol perhaps soft skin vehicles are part of the convoy Armoured vehicles should be at the for front and behind these vehicles armoured vehicles with better turret view should be alert like the ARA the size of the ARA 1Has it's advantage...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
Toju200:
this clearly states that (1) We need and should use APCs and MRAP for patrol not this soft skin vehicles...who would survive an Ambush in that before that vehicle was well targeted and blown apart by a tank or warhead or something Other combat capable soft skin vehicles should be used in long range fight to serve as an additional fire power like the IVM G12, Hilux,ipv e.t.c(2) During patrol perhaps soft skin vehicles are part of the convoy Armoured vehicles should be at the for front and behind these vehicles armoured vehicles with better turret view should be alert like the ARA the size of the ARA 1Has it's advantage...
Were the soldiers on patrol or just transit
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Odunayaw:
perhaps transit but never the less since it's that damaturu road they should have at least used the PF2 or NAVMC armoured vehicle cos we have recorded lots of ambush in dat road....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
sad sad Along Gubio-Damasak road yesterday at 4pm Bokoharam abducted some of our colleagues and Killed one of our Drivers. Too Sad sad embarassed
They are really heartless. Why attack aid workers for goodness sake
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/bharam-ambushes-aid-workers-in-borno/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Xbee007:

They are really heartless. Why attack aid workers for goodness sake
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/bharam-ambushes-aid-workers-in-borno/

Seriously bro

These bastards cooked a baby and fed it 2 a hungry mother and told her that she has been fed her baby.

Never expect mercy from a jihadi for u nor anybody will recieve none . And most importantly never show mercy to one.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
nemesis8u:

Seriously bro

These bastards cooked a baby and fed it 2 a hungry mother and told her that she has been fed her baby.

Never expect mercy from a jihadi for u nor anybody will recieve none . And most importantly never show mercy to one.

I noticed 2 shares for this post. Do we've terrorists viewing this thread? BTW, the post is as true as black and white. What those ISIS bastards and lunatic jihadist` have done in the mid east and the world at large cannot be imagined by the most wicked of mankind;they are the devils fallen angels reincarnated.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
nemesis8u:

Seriously bro

True talk.

I read a report of how terrorists executed a soldier and posted a picture of his severed head as his Facebook profile picture after they gained access to his account through the phone they met on him.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
Odunayaw:

Either transit or patrol. These soldiers are working in hostile areas, MRAPs should be the minimum we should be using.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
Toju200:

If these soldiers where in MRAPS there wouldn't be death casualties. They would have just returned fire and just passed through the ambush area. After all I.E.D/V.B.I.E.D was not used in the ambush.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
Botswana Defense Force service members were evaluated during their culminating training exercise after more than 170 Army and Air Guardsmen from North Carolina, Alabama, and New Jersey trained in partnership with them during Upward Minuteman 2019, a U.S. Africa Command exercise promoting the U.S. National Guard’s State Partnership Programs on the African Continent.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:

If these soldiers where in MRAPS there wouldn't be death casualties. They would have just returned fire and just passed through the ambush area. After all I.E.D/V.B.I.E.D was not used in the ambush.
Exactly since the troops are always on movement everyday especially on areas prone to ambushes they should use MRAP
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
U.S. Army Africa Commanding General Maj. Gen. Roger Cloutier and Ethiopian National Defense Force Brig. Gen. Habtamu Tilahun opened the #JustifiedAccord2019 field training exercise at Hurso Training Center near Dire Dawa, #Ethiopia, during a ceremony July 16. #Allied2Win #JA19 #Partnership #Readiness #Peacekeeping #Security

U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa U.S. Army U.S. Mission to the African Union United Nations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:

Either transit or patrol. These soldiers are working in hostile areas, MRAPs should be the minimum we should be using.
If you're speaking specifically about that incident, I don't just see why 6 men would transit or patrol(which I don't think was the case) in a MRAP

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Odunayaw:
If you're speaking specifically about that incident, I don't just see why 6 men would transit or patrol(which I don't think was the case) in a MRAP

I thought I was the only one thinking what the mission of the six men was....? Definitely it was not a patrol mission.
All the same we should take the lives of our men seriously, either on transit or patrol missions MRAPS or APCS should be the minimum vehicle that should be used. We should start acquiring ARA II MRAPs in large numbers.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:

I thought I was the only one thinking what the mission of the six men was....? Definitely it was not a patrol mission.
All the same we should take the lives of our men seriously, either on transit or patrol missions MRAPS or APCS should be the minimum vehicle that should be used. We should start acquiring ARA II MRAPs in large numbers.
LAV/APC would have been the best for such movement (If we had enough). I just think they were unlucky. I lost my friend in 2014 this same way.

We need the Ara in good numbers, at the same time Proforce should try building a lite version around 8ton as a LAV.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
bidexiii:

Even at least the PF2 or the army Tactical armoured patrol vehicle would do for transit.... if they had used the PF ARA even mk1 or the new army Tactical armoured patrol vehicle the top Gunner would have seen the adversary and the start firing in other to put the terrorist in disarray most especially the ARA MRAP mk1 because of it's height u will get a better view of wats ahead
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
A final shipment of 101 MRAP has been delivered to the Egyptian army within a foreign military sales case to transfer 930 MRAP vehicles to Egypt

Also Egypt has submitted another request for an additional 1,000 MRAPs within the U.S Excess Defense Articles Grant Programe.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
can someone assist in Identifying this Cameroonian BIR towed Anti-aircraft gun ?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2019
Late yesterday evening the photos from the attack in Kirenawa were also uploaded.
A lot has been said about it so please let me state the obvious - the way the military bases in Borno are set simply doesn't work. It's just some barracks in the middle of nothing.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:04am On Jul 20, 2019
Rare view of #LNA #Soviet-made BRDM-2 amphibious scout vehicle with launching system for Sagger AT-3 anti-tank missiles.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2019
There is stuck, and there is Sahel stuck �
#Barkhane #Niger.
How do you survive this type of terrain, especially the raining season ..... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.