Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,194 members, 7,853,065 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (109066 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by LORDCYBORG(m): 8:35am On Apr 06, 2015
Alcatraz001:
We are watching the ibos and all there shenanigans...............m.We told you not to take our gentility for weakness but you refused,hope you are ready for whaats coming?

I hope you have imported area boys from nnewi to help you fight the Agberos? Lagos belongs to Yorubas and it is not a No man's Land as you are fond of saying. Let's see how it goes though....
BRO i hope you're not one of those guys that runs away when problem starts!?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by lozanni(m): 8:35am On Apr 06, 2015
jerseyboy:
Yeye Oba. 99% of LAGOS residents don't know your name nor can they find their way to your palace. Omuti.

In as much as I do not support the insulting of the Oba, as he occupies a position of authority, he, the Oba, should speak and act responsibly because his subjects will always hang on to his words.
The Oba should realise that this is the 21st Century and that we do not live under a monarchy, but a democracy ruled country.
This is also the age of reason, and so persuasive elocution would have gone a long way to sway the minds of the Eze-Ndigbo to his own line of reasoning and ultimately most Igbos in Lagos too.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Maxjony2000: 8:35am On Apr 06, 2015
This fake OBA is a liar from d pit of hell! He had failed, Yorubas DON'T have liver to face anybody. Can Lagos function economically without d Igbos and non indigenes? Let him rush out with public apologies for these careless and empty threats asap otherwise he had become to APC what FFK and Fayose had been to PDP and of course we all know d rest of d stories.
Sorry for APC in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by amjoy: 8:35am On Apr 06, 2015
If the oba truly said that, then he is amongst all men the most stupid and not worthy to remain on that seat.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Okudiover(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Okudiover:
tongue tongue. I wanted to vote Ambode but because of this threat which I find challenging I will put the Oba's theory to test by voting Jimi Agbaje of the PDP. Let me see how millions will die by one man's word. Nonsense.
If my family members, pastors etc couldn't stop me from voting BUHARI who kwanu be oBa to misyarn. In short Jimi Agbaje as soon as you enter (because we will make sure of that) commot that buffon called akiolu or wetin. Anu ofia!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by godoluwa(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2015
if akiolu truly said such, then I am disappointed. is he God for claiming to own Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Zaikon(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Jesussssssssssssssssssssssssss! angry shocked angry but this is not good for democracy now. This is not good. End of the day let us vote our conscience. If APC has done well enough and the ibo's are convinced, let them vote for them. What will it profit any true Lagosian to allow PDP carry that state now. After 16 years of PDP being at the helm, is it not time for every Lagosian to enjoy the state being at par with the federal government.

But Oga Oba pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee don't talk like this. It aint cool sir.
common sense is not common but u proof you are sensible with your unbiased comment. The fact is that He the Oba does not need to say that IF itS TRUE.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by bewla(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2015
poseidon12:
This man is not just an idiot but a deranged one at that. I wonder how he became an Oba.
On Saturday I will vote Jimi Agbaje and this fool can do nothing about it with his empty threat.
It's hard to believe that this character rose to the level of a police commissioner. In a sane environment he would be facing prosecution.
pls u have the right to vote u like but do not desecrate is stool so dont call a high king a fool if u live in lagos respect his highness say that in kano by now ur head will be in a plate
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by kettykin: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2015
intergral:
Igbos should stop their immorality, the OBA has spoken! The samething with the North cos the go there in bulk for business and still hate the Northerners how pathetic could this situation be?
I guess you must be a bit of an ignorant person, if igbo hated the north would igbos have contested with buhari in 2003,2007 when okadigbo and Ezeoke contested as buhari unlike the yorubas that voted in a terminally sick northerner in 2007 and have voted in another candidate they think will die soon in 2015

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by mcgaius: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=dre11 post=32393027]

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
[/quote

That's very stupid of him.We from Niger delta would have said " vote GEJ or You will not share our oil money with us.This is to show how shallow minded Yoruba people are.I bet you if oil is in sw, Yoruba would have spared from the entity called nigeria.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by JUHABACH: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Franzeez(m): 8:38am On Apr 06, 2015
Stupid oba. I pray God shames you and put you at your place
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by mikeczay: 8:40am On Apr 06, 2015
OdenigboAroli2:

we are conquering new territories, more hoise of rep seats away from home, still ready to install the next govnor of Lasgidi grin
hehe. una mumu don dey dry cloth for fridge. go conguer terrority for kaduna na. hypocrites. am a yoruba boy. imagine i was born and bred in ur state and am vying 4 governorship.will your brothers ever vote 4 me in lieu of a 'son of the soil' even if d son had cerebal palsy?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by emerged01(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

If the Almighty North with all their born to rule and killing mentality and intimidations can not make the Igbos leave the North I doubt any body can intimidate them in Lagos..

But I still don't think the oba make those statement.

It's true that most igbos are very boastful and arrogant but we are never and I mean never a violent tribe.

If the Igbos in Lagos are attack by the Yorubas, naturally, the Igbos will defend them self's by attacking back.. Lagos will burn, lives will be lost. Properties worth billions will be destroy, Lagos will be like burno state. Both the Igbos and Yorubas will lose in that war.

But the truth is that the IGBOS WILL NOT LEAVE LAGOS...

pls preach peace. Don't take yorubas hospitality for weakness.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by knoph2007: 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
Propaganda. Expect Akiolu response soon.
Yoruba culture does not permit use of foul language. I am sure he was poorly reported.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nicepoker(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
Is jimi not a yoruba man? The way things r going soon they will say jimi is from onitsha.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by MayorofLagos(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
Ibos are talking nonsense here, in real life they are cowards. Look at what Ifeanyi Ubah said.

“They threaten me for leading the Igbo to work against the APC. I have re­ported the threat to my life and businesses to the Ni­gerian security and I have also alerted the internation­al community.

.....why alert the international community over a matter that is domestic?

Bloody COWARDS!!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by EcoTerror: 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

God has decreed power to him....going against him mean you rebel against God.
I travelled out of lagos but I ll come back to vote for JK just because of this threat, I hate people making silly noise.

5 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Dbeloved1:
"Prove all things, hold fast that which is true" -1Thes 5:21.

May I advise the one who post this update and sunnews to verify the authenticity of such news before making it public. We have nothing to gain wt frivolous campaign and articles and news meant to whip up ethnic or religious sentiments.

Remember, we shall give account of every idle words,hate speech and false accusations, libel and slander on the day of judgement.

Elections will come and go but damage done tru our tongue may never be healed.

why publish lies to get sympathy votes ?
Why rush to nairaland to post newspaper articles that has not been verified ?
Things like this shouldn't even make front page, till it's proven except the moderators hv signed a secret pact wt frivolous people for pecuniary or unholy gain.

Say the truth always !
Avoid politics of bitterness
God bless Nigeria

I'm sure the Oba of Lagos being a respected citizen of the fed republic couldn't hv said that

It was also reported by Thisday - http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/vote-for-ambode-or-perish-inside-the-lagoon-oba-akiolu-tells-igbos/206050/
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by chamboy(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Yigbo, u ppl wants to Smell ur yanzh again
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
jogojogo:

Reason your land remain undeveloped.

No my dear, that is why we Igbos dominate any where we found ourselves.
We have Ezes but we don't hold them as gods unlike yoorobas.
Lagos is and will remain Igboland extension.
Future Oba of Lagos in years to come will be an Igboman.
You can take that to the bank.

It is a blessing to be too IGBOTIC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Okudiover(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Okudiover:
If my family members, pastors etc couldn't stop me from voting BUHARI who kwanu be oBa to misyarn. In short Jimi Agbaje as soon as you enter (because we will make sure of that) commot that buffon called akiolu or wetin. A nu ofia!
. "A man who makes trouble for others is making trouble for himself" - Chinua Achebe.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Evvilgenius: 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
babyosisi:

You mean they now enthrone raving lunatics as Oba in a place like Lagos shocked shocked shocked
I want to believe this is fake ,that is my first hunch because if it isn't the man definitely needs to be institutionalized in a psychiatric ward in chains before he takes off his clothes to ring his bell to balogun market

You need psychiatric evaluation more than any idiot I know of grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by tushburg(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Y the hate on Igbos, the oba was wrong, yet most NLs' support this unguarded statements from the traditional ruler of lagos. Sentimental judgment should not be the case in this case as Igbos have the right to perform their civic responsibility any where in this country as every other tribe perform theirs as they so feel in other parts of the country...well I find it difficult to believe the Oba said that. We are watch.
#VoteNotFight
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Omololu007(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
I agree wit d oba.igbos can vote apga,pdp,kowa,ppa,apa or whoever dey lik in d south east.but hia in d south west,is either dey vote for APC or dey shouldn't vote at all
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Prospero01(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
This is not how politics should be. I know of so many Yorubas who voted for Buhari weeks ago but now insist that they re voting for Jimi( the candidate) and not necessarily PDP. Having seen the stats with wic APC won PDP in Lagos, the Oba has every reason to beg and not resort to threats. So many Yoruba's will be voting for Jimi as against what they did in the last election. That leaves Him and the APC to consider every available data before them and beg the people who can swing the votes either way. U can threaten later but not days to the election. All Ambode has to do is commit himself first to a four year contract with the aggrieved Igbos to make an impression that he is for real. Tell them what U will do for them as against what Fashola did. U will win them over. Like it or not they re the ones holding the Ace now. Don't allow pride to blow it up. For 34yrs now I have bin in this Lagos-Pri to Uni and working. I speak the language more that even the Yorubas. Yes they re accommodating, indeed, very accommodating. But please threat does no one any good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply)

Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo) / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him / Photos From Sambisa Forest: Viewers Discretion Strictly Advised!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.