Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,067 members, 7,859,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (109171 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OdenigboAroli2: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
emerged01:

pls preach peace. Don't take yorubas hospitality for weakness.

if hospitality involves threatening your neighbors with death if they dont vote APC, then I give up.........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Mekky2010: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
One would want to believe that there is no Oba that could possibly say such except he is exceptionally mad or making a great effort at becoming 1.
If it's confirmed that he actually did, then it behoves on every Igbo man and woman to ensure they come out enmass to vote Jimi to power come Saturday. The Oba can as well go and die or do his worse.

Or is he using this strategy to get his relation to power without opposing the real Oba of Lagos ..Bola? He knows fully well that any Igbo that sees this will definitely vote Jimi even if such a person had interiors of voting Ambo.

6 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Bhella5(m): 8:44am On Apr 06, 2015
jerseyboy:
Yeye Oba. 99% of LAGOS residents don't know your name nor can they find their way to your palace. Omuti.
Be careful how u insult the alayeluwa Oba Akiolu.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by zicoraads: 8:44am On Apr 06, 2015
bewla:
pls u have the right to vote u like but do not desecrate is stool so dont call a high king a fool if u live in lagos respect his highness say that in kano by now ur head will be in a plate
He is the biggest fool on the face of the planet right now. As in, even someone who is drunk with alcohol, who is walking in the streets aimlessly is not as foolish as he is.

In short, nothing I say can quantify his foolishness right now. That's how foolish he is. Desecrate his stool my black arse!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Chudiking(m): 8:44am On Apr 06, 2015
This man oba must be a bigger fool cus he will first be dealt with, what an ananais is this

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by abeebadekunle(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2015
#singing# war coming x3
How can a leader say such?...well Nigeria politic has based on ethics and money...is that democracy?in short no election again it appointment...God help us.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Arysexy(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2015
Oba I say FVCK u!

Bastard oba I spit on ur yeye kpomo mouth face.

Come 11th u will know the strength of ndigbo and other non indigenes in Lagos.

No amount of panic threat can Stop us.

If the highly revered fr mbaka was ignored How much more a hateful bastard like u.

Thunder blast u and that ur threat. Idi0t!

Ekwensu kpo gi oku there. Anuofia

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by EcoTerror: 8:45am On Apr 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

God has decreed power to him....going against him mean you rebel against God.
I travelled out of lagos but I ll come back to vote for JK just because of this threat, I hate people making silly noise

5 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Omololu007(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2015
adeitoro:

No my dear, that is why we Igbos dominate any where we found ourselves.
We have Ezes but we don't hold them as gods unlike yoorobas.
Lagos is and will remain Igboland extension.
Future Oba of Lagos in years to come will be an Igboman.
You can take that to the bank.

It is a blessing to be too IGBOTIC
yes o,lagos is an extension of igbo land,but ruled and controlled by yorubas.infact in govt public skuls,igbos are been taught instead of d yoruba language..ape
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 06, 2015
They used threat to disenfranchise millions of Igbos in the North. Now the Yorubas are adopting same ignominious tactics. One Nigeria indeed!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OdenigboAroli2: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2015
adeitoro:

No my dear, that is why we Igbos dominate any where we found ourselves.
We have Ezes but we don't hold them as gods unlike yoorobas.
Lagos is and will remain Igboland extension.
Future Oba of Lagos in years to come will be an Igboman.
You can take that to the bank.

It is a blessing to be too IGBOTIC

we the igbos have conquered lagos, thats the reason for all these useless tantrums from the toothless oba
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2015
SirShymexx:
Lol. The title of this thread is hysterical!! grin

This King is the re-incarnation of King Shango with fireballs coming out of his mouth like Kintaro of Mortal Kombat.

Darn!! If he can send fireballs to destroy his own palace - don't bet against him sending fireballs from the gods around ya way, if you refuse to fall in line. grin

grin grin
The Oba is a mere mortal who may or may not be versed in mortal combat. Tax-paying residents of Lagos reserve the right to vote for the candidate of their choice, without a deranged fellow threatening fire and brimstone.

In fact, I won't be surprised if he becomes a guest of the DSS soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2015
OdenigboAroli2:

Thank you for showing how important the igbos are in Lagos

Can't you guys be proud of your ancestral homes for once? You prefer to be important in Lagos rather than Arochukwu or Abia? Don't worry,you will know how important you are after the election..
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by meforyou1(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2015
Stuupid oba. Igbo lagosians will vote Jimi. And Jimi will win. Let's see between us and him who will die in 7 days.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by chrisviral(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2015
Tonason:

Without Igbos in Nigeria, NIGERIA would have been like Somaria, Afghanistan, now. Thank God for Igbo race who are civilizing other tribes, we set the pace other following.

Business wise: Yes!
Educational wise: I doff it for the Yorubas (ome they go school pass school)
Hausa sha undecided Power wise maybe or unto military things!
We all have what we lead others in!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by okuya: 8:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Ok ooooo, dem dey tell una now,una no wan hear....if e start to set na ibos go lose pass oooo.U can't defeat a man in his home!

"U can't defeat a man in his home" abi?[i][/i] remember what d Germans did to d Brazilians on their home soil (7-1).
And how come some Igbo's defeated their Yoruba rivals rite here in Lagos in d last votes. Hmm! U people should reason, anyone can start a fight but no one knows how it will end...there are some people or group u don't just threaten. Let's give peace a chance and mind our utterances. Still don't believe d Oba could stoop low from his high throne to utter such trash!, is Agbaje now an Igbo man is he not a Lagosian like Ambode
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Donykua: 8:48am On Apr 06, 2015
I SAID IT B4 THAT THIS VAGABONDS WILL ONE DAY MESS UP. I'LL WAIT AND SEE HOW THEY DO THEIR DIRTY BUSINESSES WHEN THERE IS CRISIS.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by docagba: 8:49am On Apr 06, 2015
I need to put some clarifications here
Lagos, i must say,is not like any other state.Its d only state filled more with even non-indigene like d Igbo,Hausa etc than d Yoruba.This i think is because Lagos was THE LAST capital of Nigeria and as such one shud expect a multi-tribal society.You cant go 2 Abuja nd say its a mans land-its a national state.
Meanwhile,If u ask me,i think in time to come Lagos will again be the FCT of Nigeria.
However,Lagos is generally tipped as the most commercial state in d nation and even in Africa,tell me: who made it commercial?
So,this issue of igbo dominating Lagos and d oba's ranting nd d APC brouhaha shud b laid 6feet.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by chrisviral(m): 8:49am On Apr 06, 2015
OdenigboAroli2:

when an igbo man wins lagos, we and the new hoise of reps member will rename lagos and change the name to alaigbo state grin

grin but sha bro, Jokes allowed!
That would be like over stepping the boundary! My yoruba people, no go gree this one pass o cheesy
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by pinkkystel(f): 8:49am On Apr 06, 2015
So much hate from everyone, how can Nigeria ever be better with such utterances. We all claim to know God but I doubt that 10% of Nigerians will make heaven. Even the whites who don't believe in God are better than us. They love themselves.
If we must progress as a country, we have to drop this heatred we feel for one another and embrace Love which is the greatest commandment of God. Divided we fall, united we stand

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by chrisie: 8:50am On Apr 06, 2015
The oba does not have the right to force a governor on Lagos state. Whether he is a traditional ruler or not, he is just a Nigerian with not more than one vote. If he loves the oba loves Ambode, he should lead his wives to vote for him and allow others vote their choice. His utterances are against the constitution and laws of Nigeria. If the Ibos leave Lagos today, the owanbes won't survive. Lagos will fall.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by bewla(m): 8:50am On Apr 06, 2015
zicoraads:
He is the biggest fool on the face of the planet right now. As in, even someone who is drunk with alcohol, who is walking in the streets aimlessly is not as foolish as he is.

In short, nothing I say can quantify his foolishness right now. That's how foolish he is. Desecrate his stool my black arse!
don't say i no warn u i love u as a friend in the forum pls b told
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Mbediogu(m): 8:50am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
I hope the international body is listening. People are being coerced to vote against their choice in a modern democracy by a retired bribe taking police man who obviously has taken bribe and is to act against his 'blood brother'. IS AN OBA OR ANY TRADITIONAL RULER FOR THAT MATTER SUPPOSED TO BE SO OPENLY PARTISAN AND DIVISIVE IN HIS KINGDOM?
He ought to be dethroned like Kosoko. Is that not the highest form of rigging? Are the Yoruba Lagosians all agreed upon the Oba's political candidate? If they are, no amount of Igbo vote will change that. Why target Igbos alone? The Oba is trying to reverse the disaster that God used the goodness of GEJ and GMB to avert.

Even the APC and PDP have not gone to that extent of forcing people to vote under threat of life and property. A political Oba. A disgrace to traditional institution. I weep for the revered Obaship stool that Oyekan and others occupied in the past. Oba ko, Abo ni. The Igbos and all non Youruba Lagosians should disregard the threat and vote according to their conscience. If Nigeria breaks we know who is responsible and their death (for those who
may drown according to the oba) will not be in vain.
If we are to take the oba s threat serious, he should tell us what will happen to his arch enemies (Igbos) if out of fear they vote en masse for Ambode but the other party successfully rig him out. Cheese brain oba yoruba. The Ooni, Alaffin or all the other real and self respecting Obas will never condescend to this crass level because a temporary 4 year tenure governorship interest. I believe he speaks for himself alone.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Scatterboss(m): 8:51am On Apr 06, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

It was also reported by Thisday - http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/vote-for-ambode-or-perish-inside-the-lagoon-oba-akiolu-tells-igbos/206050/

So you believe this trash? See what Thisday said:

The victory of the non-indigenes of Lagos, THISDAY gathered, has not gone down well with the Lagos chapter of the APC.

Speaking at a meeting with Igbo leaders in the state, according to an online news medium, Freedom Online, the first class monarch, who failed to recognise the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, said:

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State? / Photos From Sambisa Forest: Viewers Discretion Strictly Advised! / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.