Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108451 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by MayorofLagos(m): 7:21am On Apr 06, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
undecided

My comprehension skills are very much intact sir.

Go through my posts again. I have been as clear and direct as possible. For the very last time: Neither you nor your monarch can coerce free citizens of this Republic to vote for your preferred candidate. You don't have the right, authority or power to do so. For you to come on here to brazenly justify this attempted sacrilege it means you are not worthy or ready to live in a free and democratic society despite your pretense to the contrary.

On second thoughts - don't bother going through my posts again. You are very much aware of the key issue here since I made my position very clear from the onset. Your decision to go off on a tangent about Ozu River, Ekitigate, etc. undecided was a deliberate one and I am not taking the bait.

You will be held accountable on this thread - any misleading information or assertion from you will be swiftly challenged. You can take that to the bank.

What instruments of justice do you have to prevent, if you act proactively, or to prosecute, if you are reactive, a positiin of electoral coercion?

You will say the constitution.

Your rhetoric above gives you away as someone obsessed in theoretical principles. You are twisting words and professing ideas which have no mundane records to their credit.

President Jonathan, the prime steward of the Constitution you clutch to your chest dispatched two Federal Ministers and a Army General to go and coerce and twist arms and deliver his wish in Ekiti.

How has your impotent Constitutuon protected the citizens of Ekiti against the flagrant violation of their rights by their own President?

This is reality.....dont brush Ekitigate aside and dont brush Ozu river aside, each has relevance under your chosen subject. You might not like to hear the truth but your theory does not hold water against these realities.

What will happen to Oba of Lagos if he coerces your Ezes to vote his candidate? Nothing!!

What will happen to your Ezes if they defy him.....blockade!

Swallow that!

5 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Texcoco(m): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2015
The last thing that old dingbat would want to do is intimidate the igbos,the psyche of the igbo is made up to charge down threats especially threats from a cowardly king whose level of influence doesn't surpass the tight confines of his cess-pit palace..Igbos now occupy Federal seats in Lagos,Igbos now have the powwr to swing votes,igbos will come out to vote PDP....Oba Akiolu the stupidd old fuccktard can go to hell.

17 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by sagbar(m): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2015
Confirm! The king has spoken...Go against and face the wrath.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by adaweezy(m): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2015
I doubt the oba said this. ..

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by usbcable(m): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2015
This is absolutely rubbish.

Why threaten people with death.

I desire and hope ambode wins but this is sick coming from an Oba.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by CoCoLav(f): 7:23am On Apr 06, 2015
This is a sick thread with sickening comments!
Imagine people actually supporting the Oba in his threats and weak attempt at intimidation.
For chrissakes we are in a democracy and you can't fvcking threaten somebody to vote your preferred candidate even if he is living in your land. That's the whole essence of democracy.
You guys should try to be objective in your reasoning, what is wrong is wrong, don't turn a blind eye because it aligns with your views or cos it favours you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by adaweezy(m): 7:23am On Apr 06, 2015
Texcoco:
The last thing that old dingbat would want to do is intimidate the igbos,the psyche of the igbo is made up to charge down threats and what have you...the old cretin just made thingd easier for Jimi Agbaje.
Agbaje cannot win....
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by delishpot: 7:23am On Apr 06, 2015
grin Asari has handed over!

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by obiak4(m): 7:23am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
height of sencelessness oba my foot is that how the gods ask for voters to vote
the oba should go and sit down issue based politics and not threats of suffer or death
what has abode got to offer
what are his plans for lagosian
education,transportation and the likes
oba your statement is inciting and unguarded
don't open the proverbial calabash oooo
what would have happened if the statement is coming from an igbo man not to vote ambode
election no be war ooo
oba respect your self and the gods let the best candidate win sikena

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by topsyg5: 7:23am On Apr 06, 2015
Oba haven spoken no one dare him , this Lagos.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by stonecoldcafe: 7:24am On Apr 06, 2015
Inkman:
not mincing words atall
the oba bares it all
raw and stark
bottom line is
he spoke the truth

It remains a democracy. If i condemn PDP for acting like touts, i will call APC to order too. I wont be blinded because SAI Buhari is now there. Please lets allow our democracy growwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! You cant and should not threaten anyone about their vote. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 06, 2015
Story for the gods...
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by obasiken: 7:24am On Apr 06, 2015
Dis is the voice of esau but the hand of jacob. This has tinubu written all over it.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2015
Oba please there is no need for thus threat!
Igbos don't feel threatened, that's why we are called Isi Aki (strong head) cheesy
If we decide to vote jimi agbaje, it's our choice and not yours, remember you need the revenue that is heavily taxed on us as well . Remember that all the containers of goods that comes in, your children partake on its offloading and gets wages for it!HELL! Sometimes rival gangs fight over this.When two elephant fights, the ground suffers. As an oba, you can only plead and influence our votes by speaking to market chairmen. but do not threaten, because truly, the igbos dont give a flying fucck about you! You don't put food on their table, you don't clothe them, you don't give them business ideas, you don't even struggle with them, rather you eat from the proceeds that comes from their hardwork!

May you live long!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by stonecoldcafe: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2015
CoCoLav:
This is a sick thread with sickening comments!
Imagine people actually supporting the Oba in his threats and weak attempt at intimidation.
For chrissakes we are in a democracy and you can't fvcking threaten somebody to vote your preferred candidate even if he is living in your land. That's the whole essence of democracy.
You guys should try to be objective in your reasoning, what is wrong is wrong, don't turn a blind eye because it aligns with your views or cos it favours you.

God bless you sister cheesy i thought i was the lone voice in this wilderness. Even though i support Ambo, the Oba is wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by gbadexy(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2015
i had no plan of voting during this governorship election. my primary concern was voting buhari but i'm surely going to vote for jimi agbaje with this news.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by wtfCode: 7:26am On Apr 06, 2015
see authority via insult oo.
I mean, who gives a rat sh1t about what he thinks!!
why igbos nah?
We don suffer a lot shaa.
We go work while baboon go dey chop.
E go surely end one day.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by meccuno: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.......was surprised when the oba made the statement.....if he ever did....but what baffles me is the comments of these dudes who are from SW.....the worst thing you would do is threaten an igbo man.....you would only make him more defiant......remember,power doesn't stay in the hands forever.....enjoy your time now.......

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by cagunwa(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
I don't want to believe he made this statements.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by seedorfg(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
kabiyesi ti nmu chicha ati ewe ibepe papo, anyway. sai apc.zs

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by bonafidelegacy: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
It takes careless words or lies like this to sink a land around the sea and an island.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by gpovo(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

The Oba have indeed spoken.......

Is either Ambode or nobody in Lagos.....
I hope Bode George is hearing this oooooo, I want to see his last blood being wastedgringrin
Is dis how APC run elections? I thought dey did free and fair elections 4 d presidency Is it now obvious dat Agbaje will win? .......I pity d fools dat sees apc as a camp of angels.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by elder116: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
tongue grin grin grin grin grin One Nigeria. Ibi like say this Oba don dey see Igbos like Yorubas wey you fit threaten with any type of nonsense. E go do una like gunshot cos Ibos will vote thier conscience. You know them naa dem no fear anybody na die hard dem be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by hedonistic: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
huptin:
I dont see any reason for this outburst...... in the last presidential election all the ibos and south south people voted for their son in Lagos their total combined votes plus all the OPC boys was less than 35% of the total votes cast, so how can they vote Agbaje into power?.

You are obviously not very intelligent, otherwise you would know that Yorubas in Lagos would not give bloc votes to APC's Ambode, since Jimi Agbaje is also their "son", or is Jimi an Igbo man? Jimi is even a more genuine Lagos indigene than the Ondo-State born Ambode, so what the hell are you people talking about? If a good number of Yorubas (and I know many of them) who are tired of Tinubu's fiefdom in Lagos vote for Agbaje, add that to the bloc votes of the Igbos in Lagos and it will be clear to you that Agbaje would emerge governor.

I have not even added thousands of people who voted for Buhari but intend to vote for Agbaje. Those ones vote for individuals and not for parties.

Your useless Oba Akiolu is worse than a pig. A filthy, shameless son of a dog whose entire person is robed in extreme repugnance. How can any right thinking traditional ruler utter such unguarded statements? Agbaje would become governor and then we would see what this smelly pig of an Oba can do to the Igbos in Lagos.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Atk1nson(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2015
i'm really disappointed if true o

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ferdvict2(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2015
May thunder with little lightening envelop your palace.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Samirana360(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2015
Na u go die...useless oba

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients / DSS Butchered Saheed Adisa 'Adogan' After 48 Bullets Failed To Penetrate - ICYMI / Peter Obi Clears Amuwo-odofin Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.