Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (35348 Views)

Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ebukaOtika(m): 1:24am On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:
Where was Catholic or Pope when they were running their mouths in Anambra, calling Awolowo and Yorubas names.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

Na who come call Pope for here now ,,.?

You get eyes atall ,,?

If you get , e dey work atall ,,.?

If e dey work that mean say e don Baje be dat o.

Ato nle osi.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ebukaOtika(m): 1:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Malawian:
grin the funny thing about fighting a yoruba is that as soon as you land 3 punches to their oily mouth, they will run to look for who will help them fight.

LOOOOOLLL ,,,, LWKMDOOOOOOO ,.,,,
You sabi dem wella i dey tell you guy ,,,, na why dem dey always get big big mouths ,,,,

Again them dey like to dey won fight where people dey ,,,, so dat d people go seperate them at once.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Dallazday(m): 1:58am On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

No one should disrespect Oba Akiolu

He has spoken, everyone should adjust accordingly
Na better thunder like this go fire you

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ebukaOtika(m): 1:59am On Apr 07, 2015
NA ONLY CURSE FULL THIS THREAD OOOOOO

And i dont like curses ,.,,, cos dey are not always for me.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by lastpage: 2:48am On Apr 07, 2015
coolviv:
Wow!!,All the yorubas I know support Jimi Agbaje. In fact even before the presidential election, the mantra was Buhari for president and Jimi Agbaje for governor. I don't think that has changed especially now, most yorubas have good and tight Igbo friends, and relatives in Lagos whom they love and would not take this threat to their lives lightly.

All of a sudden ALL YORUBAS YOU KNOW have good and tight Igbo friends! shocked shocked

Cheesux Christ! Is it not the same Yorubas you guys were disparaging a few weeks ago when you predicted Jonathan was going to win the election with a landslide?

Yorubas aint daft, they know what it would mean for our dear Lagos, if we labored hard to kick Jonathan out of Aso Rock..... to then allow ourselves to be deceived back into Jonathan's PD.Pigs! shocked

C'mmon, give me a break!
Igbos trying a lame trick on people with superior intelligence since 1960! grin grin

Let our "tight friends" remain tight, we will still vote APC/Ambode! undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by lastpage: 2:52am On Apr 07, 2015
MrMandilas:
Oyedepo did not mention any tribe. Your Oba is a tribalistic bigot. He thinks Igbos will be intimidated by his ranting. 'Oba of Lagoon'.

Bigotted Eediots like you just do follow-follow.

I am sure you did not even listen to the utterances of the Oba otherwise you would have realized that he did not say LAGOON.....
he said "This Gutter".

Go and listen to it, if you have the Megabyte and not just chancing on your Oga's Laptop! grin

Now, if Igbos are not careful, this curse they are ascribing to themselves might actually come true!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Borderless: 3:52am On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
Such things will only happen when an OBA is a talkative.....Though I want ambode to win but I think the oba talked senselessly......

Edited: A reliable source said that the oba never cursed the igbos,I also saw the news on another thread probably on frontpage

Watch the video, it is soo shameful!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by imsuboi(m): 7:24am On Apr 07, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

This is the kind of legacy Jonathan has bequeathed on PDP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXc1S6qO_Xg

Honestly, omenka, you're a bastard.

A two faced bastard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by omenka(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2015
imsuboi:

A two faced bastard.
k.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by seuner: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2015
lalasticlala:
The Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria has issued a statement, condemning the alleged anti-Igbo statement made by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, when Igbo leaders in Lagos visited him on Sunday.
Read full statement below:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/180672-alleged-anti-igbo-comment-catholic-church-group-tackles-oba-akiolu.html
i dont just understand what is wrong with this people.. if u dont respect ur obi, we respect d king here... Jimi agbaje has replied d oba, pdp through their sooth sayers has replied d oba, fani kayode did, alaba boys & ladipo boys took to nairaland to make absurd comment, even when d oba has sent d real message. To all Igbos, we all know that the pains of d biafra war is still in u, u can do whatsoever u like but u can never receive any apology. as for u jimi, look at what u cost d yoruba kingdom...we have lost confidence in u...ur quest for power has yielded irresponsible comment from these igbos and u expect us to vote for u. lets see who owns lagos on saturday. as for d catholic church, is that d preaching of d cross, u are suppose to engage in on an easter sunday, anyway ' d preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.'....
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

really....with or without Lagos??
you van remove Lagos.
All other south western States are OK. meanwhile, you are from which region
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 07, 2015
These are not my sentiments but what we are seeing is a manifestation of brewing timebomb, a discomfort and unrest with the Ibos. You speak to most Yorubas in Lagos and they will tell you privately how they are feel they are too accommodating as a race, How the ibos have taken over their estates, their schools , how they are the ones dictating things in residents associations and how they are are doing things in yoruba land that a foreigner cannot try in Ibo land like buy land. i have heard things like "when ibos move into an area they spoil the area" or "i cannot rent to an Ibo". Don't shoot the messenger, these are not my sentiments but they are seeds of a time bomb that we must recognise that their is a growing resentment towards ibos.

Yorubas must learn that Ibos are a significant contributor to the growth of lagos and recognize their contribution but the ibos too must respect their hosts. Most people in Lagos are not Lagosians, even most of the yoruba in Lagos are not Lagosians, but talk such as "Lagos is no man's land" just inflame things, lagos is yoruba land but even I a yoruba man but not of Lagos origin will not open my mouth and say lagos is no man's land, I will always respect the lagosians, I am a visitor here. I am not for seeing each other in terms of tribe and religion but it is a basic truth, that a visitor must respect his/her hosts for there to be peace, i can do what i want in my house but when I am a guest in another man's house no matter how long I am there, I must always be respectful to the owner of the house. Oba of Lagos bleeped up, it's a manifestation of the corruption in our society, that a King sinks to this level, however as someone said, in yoruba land, we respect our elders and a King is never wrong because it's a revered institution, it's respect for the throne not neccessarily the individual. I can abuse my wife, you can't abuse my wife, if you abuse my wife, no matter what she did, even if she is wrong especially in my house, then you just got yourself one more enemy. Please let's not start a tribal war because even open minded yorubas who are against Akiolu will join ranks with their own if push comes to shove and we really as a country should be moving away from tribalism.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ElekeNtioba: 8:19am On Apr 07, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
you van remove Lagos.
All other south western States are OK. meanwhile, you are from which region

Lagos was a former Portuguese colony, a former capital of Nigeria for DECADES. A melting pot for all tribes due to its status. Are u seriously taking credit for what Lagos is today?? Remove Lagos and redo ur assessment.

More developed my behind.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by favour101(m): 8:24am On Apr 07, 2015
Every word Mr. Rilwan Akiolu has spoken against the igbo's residing in Lagos By the power in the blood of Jesus I reverse it back to him

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by biafranqueen: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2015
raumdeuter:
The Oba has spoken.

The same way Arthur Eze in the presence of Jonathan threatened anyone who votes Amala people.

The Oba simply responded in kind

First to do , No dey pain
how do you know we're you in GEJ pocket during meeting?
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by biafranqueen: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2015
imsuboi:

A two faced bastard.
who are those red cap cowards kissing his arse so shameful jeez! US PR machine can not fix this by Saturday!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

Lagos was a former Portuguese colony, a former capital of Nigeria for DECADES. A melting pot for all tribes due to its status. Are u seriously taking credit for what Lagos is today?? Remove Lagos and redo ur assessment.

More developed my behind.
when the Portuguese came to Lagos, they met natives which are the Awori, Ijebu and few Egba people of Yoruba.
So, don't type as if Lagos has always been a neutral place.
You only v to ask when the Easterners and northerners started coming to Lagos before you know that a slave needs ti be reminded of his story so that he won't misbehave.
The easterners should conduct themselves well and know that Lagos doesn't belong to their ancestors.
They should understand that Yoruba people are peace loving band accommodating.
They are only against insolence which is common among the Ibos.

Even though, the statement by the Oba of Lagos is controversial, they should forgive him.
I remember Arthur Eze also abused the Yorubas sometime ago.
Again, the Ibos don't like APC due to personal reasons.
They should realise that its not a Yoruba/Hausa party.
Its a party to all Nigerians.
They already had their grudge of deliberately wasting their votes for GEJ and want tobdo it against Ambode & other APC candidates in their region.
They know Jimi Agbaje can benefit from Yoruba and Ibo votes which ll work against Ambode.
That's why Oba Akiolu summoned the Ibo elders to a meeting.
Last Bullet
As for you underestimating the development of other south western states, try compare them with other states except Rivers, Delta, Cross River, Akwa Ibo, Kano & Abuja.
You ll see the diff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by favour101(m): 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Rilwan Akiolu is a bastard and will be manifested on 11th April 2015
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by nortcentrallord(m): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2015
eagleeye2:
Oba Akiolu has opened the floor for insult on his person and his office.
And I start by saying he is an imbe'cile

And I continue by saying he is a Bastard and it will be officially confirmed after the results are announced. He should also remember that bastards don't sit on traditional stools so he should do the needfull.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by nortcentrallord(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

Edit: to all the ethnic bigots quoting me and saying trash, here's some clarification.

This post was made before the video and audio recording went viral. Have watched and listened to it and feel the Oba erred and should tender an unreserved apology to the Igbos.

Now, you guys should stop spamming my mentions.

Listen to yourself. Am sure you never read your first point which totally contradicts the the second one. I can see how partisan politics and inate hate can destroy one brain and line of thought. Who ever erred should be tongue lashed and kept in his or her proper place. You are a DISGRACE.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by omenka(m): 9:30am On Apr 07, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Listen to yourself. Am sure you never read your first point which totally contradicts the the second one. I can see how partisan politics and inate hate can destroy one brain and line of thought. Who ever erred should be tongue lashed and kept in his or her proper place. You are a DISGRACE.
Go to hell. And don't forget to take your parents with you. The world can't afford to risk having more idiooots born into it.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Dyt(f): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

Last Bullet
You ll see the diff

angry angry angry
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by rigarmortis: 9:42am On Apr 07, 2015
omenka:

Edit: to all the ethnic bigots quoting me and saying trash, here's some clarification.

This post was made before the video and audio recording went viral. Have watched and listened to it and feel the Oba erred and should tender an unreserved apology to the Igbos.

Now, you guys should stop spamming my mentions.

you are a be/atch.

if light was a little dimmer, not only your mentions will be spammed, but you mouth will also be SPERMED.

jonathan never played do or die politics, unlike a certain general who happens to be your mentor.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by omenka(m): 9:50am On Apr 07, 2015
rigarmortis:

you are a bitch.

if light was a little dimmer, not only your mentions will be spammed, but you mouth will also be SPERMED.

jonathan never played do or die politics, unlike a certain general who happens to be your mentor.
Keep blabbing. With some luck and God's grace you just might make some sense.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by rigarmortis: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2015
omenka:
Keep blabbing. With some luck and God's grace you just might make some sense.

in all my sojourn in nairaland, with diverse usernames, spanning almost a decade, I have never come across someone so &^%$#@.

even when you see a clear wrong, you still try to rationalise it, then you CUM out here, with your dikc in your right hand, joy soap in your left hand, and your anal circumference slightly widened by the incessant pounding from APC founding fathers top accuse PDP of ethnic and divisive politics.

son, grow a brain, and some balls and speak the truth about stuff.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by rigarmortis: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2015
Khalessi:
I know the purpose of nairaland is to keep its readers informed but topics like this should be reduced. It brings out the tribalistic nature of most people. Reading how Yorubas supported the earliest thread brought tears to my eyes.....some are supporting genocide. If you leave the shores of Nigeria no one cares what tribe you're.why can't we live like that in our own country?

Nigeria is not one, don't waste your tears, I stay in Abuja, a relatively highbrow area in gwarimpa estate, you should see how some imported abokis lined 3rd avenue, ready to do damage if their lord and saviour didn't win.

in 2011, boobooharry refused to accept defeat, he shed some grainy tears...and pronto, his multitude of foot soldiers started killing up NUT.

IN 2015, JONA, send a congrats message to booboo, his soldiers in their wild celebrations still caused damage in lugbe, deidei and kubwa, these are the ones I know first hand.

even in bauchi, there was curfew cos these guys were torching shops in their happy mood, some ignoramuses started a burial procession with PDP coffin in the name of wanting to bury pdp finally.

these urchins don't understand economic change like you and me do, they are only happy that their brother boobooharry ibn mohaMad, first of his name, commandwer in theif of the northern youths armed forces, almajiri sector, king of the nut and middle lands, is now the ruler of the empire called the ni66er area.

Nigeria is just as one as all the kingdoms in the game of thrones are one.

just do your OWN thing and be happy, forget the utopian collective effort.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Bre(f): 10:16am On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

No one should disrespect Oba Akiolu

He has spoken, everyone should adjust accordingly

I knew I'd find you here. And you have jsut proven yourself a Yoruba with one nonsense and obviously fake Igbo moniker. Give it up you tribalist.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
The Oba spoke the mindd of thousands of yorubas,it will be foolish if we are caught unawares...An AK47 is #150000 at premium,Makarov 9mm 50K and Tech-9 at 110k.
What is money if your very existence is threatened.
ICC and Posterity will judge him when the killings begin.....Arm yourselves,defend your markets from arsonists and thugs,defend your homes,your neighbourhood....We have done it before,we can do it again.
You're on point. Dashes out get my awka-made
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2015
lastpage:

Bigotted Eediots like you just do follow-follow.

I am sure you did not even listen to the utterances of the Oba otherwise you would have realized that he did not say LAGOON.....
he said "This Gutter".

Go and listen to it, if you have the Megabyte and not just chancing on your Oga's Laptop! grin

Now, if Igbos are not careful, this curse they are ascribing to themselves might actually come true!

Lastpage!
Keep deceiving your self. Wants to protect your oba? It's too late, the damage has been done already. Mind you, i watched the video
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2015
seuner:
i dont just understand what is wrong with this people.. if u dont respect ur obi, we respect d king here... Jimi agbaje has replied d oba, pdp through their sooth sayers has replied d oba, fani kayode did, alaba boys & ladipo boys took to nairaland to make absurd comment, even when d oba has sent d real message. To all Igbos, we all know that the pains of d biafra war is still in u, u can do whatsoever u like but u can never receive any apology. as for u jimi, look at what u cost d yoruba kingdom...we have lost confidence in u...ur quest for power has yielded irresponsible comment from these igbos and u expect us to vote for u. lets see who owns lagos on saturday. as for d catholic church, is that d preaching of d cross, u are suppose to engage in on an easter sunday, anyway ' d preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.'....
Go and die if you're pained, your oba brought this on himself
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2015
MaximusMeridius:
These are not my sentiments but what we are seeing is a manifestation of brewing timebomb, a discomfort and unrest with the Ibos. You speak to most Yorubas in Lagos and they will tell you privately how they are feel they are too accommodating as a race, How the ibos have taken over their estates, their schools , how they are the ones dictating things in residents associations and how they are are doing things in yoruba land that a foreigner cannot try in Ibo land like buy land. i have heard things like "when ibos move into an area they spoil the area" or "i cannot rent to an Ibo". Don't shoot the messenger, these are not my sentiments but they are seeds of a time bomb that we must recognise that their is a growing resentment towards ibos.

Yorubas must learn that Ibos are a significant contributor to the growth of lagos and recognize their contribution but the ibos too must respect their hosts. Most people in Lagos are not Lagosians, even most of the yoruba in Lagos are not Lagosians, but talk such as "Lagos is no man's land" just inflame things, lagos is yoruba land but even I a yoruba man but not of Lagos origin will not open my mouth and say lagos is no man's land, I will always respect the lagosians, I am a visitor here. I am not for seeing each other in terms of tribe and religion but it is a basic truth, that a visitor must respect his/her hosts for there to be peace, i can do what i want in my house but when I am a guest in another man's house no matter how long I am there, I must always be respectful to the owner of the house. Oba of Lagos bleeped up, it's a manifestation of the corruption in our society, that a King sinks to this level, however as someone said, in yoruba land, we respect our elders and a King is never wrong because it's a revered institution, it's respect for the throne not neccessarily the individual. I can abuse my wife, you can't abuse my wife, if you abuse my wife, no matter what she did, even if she is wrong especially in my house, then you just got yourself one more enemy. Please let's not start a tribal war because even open minded yorubas who are against Akiolu will join ranks with their own if push comes to shove and we really as a country should be moving away from tribalism.
I thought you were making a little sense untill you spoilt it all. Who told you a king is never wrong? You're a joker. His utterances were unguarded so, he deserves whatever insult in gets. Peace
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by seuner: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2015
1bunne4lif:
Go and live if you're pained, the igbos brought this on themselves

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Three Things I’ll Do If Elected – Tinubu / Twitter User Describes Macron's Visit To Nigeria & Got People Talking / BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.