Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,216 members, 7,849,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (35353 Views)

Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by NaMe4: 8:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Khalessi:
I know the purpose of nairaland is to keep its readers informed but topics like this should be reduced. It brings out the tribalistic nature of most people. Reading how Yorubas supported the earliest thread brought tears to my eyes.....some are supporting genocide. If you leave the shores of Nigeria no one cares what tribe you're.why can't we live like that in our own country?

Bro. What these groups gain from their mutual hate still eludes me.
It doesn't add one naira to their pockets, doesn't better their lives! Most still in poverty and penury and the worst part part, they keep disturbing the peace of other Nigerians like they are the only ones in this Country.

I thought the foolishness was restricted to kids online, but it seems they learnt well from older folks.

I don't want to believe a traditional leader said that cos even a sane 10 year old will not utter such.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by willexyaho(m): 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
lalasticlala:
The Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria has issued a statement, condemning the alleged anti-Igbo statement made by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, when Igbo leaders in Lagos visited him on Sunday.
Read full statement below:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/180672-alleged-anti-igbo-comment-catholic-church-group-tackles-oba-akiolu.html
So for
you to even engage Igbos on this issue I think frankly that is
not fair to me. I have not seen the reason for this. How can I speak
on something that I have not seen. So please let us be
careful of what we say or do so that we do not disrupt a
process that has ended peacefully and in a matter of days
we would be able to finish it. Oba, you are a present ruler and a statesman in your
own right. And as a ruler, you should be very
careful with what you do or say and i also expect you to be
careful about your public conduct .
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by lastpage: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
If l recall, Jonathan gave $250,000 to this Oba andbough many tear-rubber SUV's for him.
I saw them with my own eyes the day they were driven to the palace, just a few days to election because l came to Lagos that day!

Now, could it be possible that PDP and the Oba are acting out a "script of alienation" against APC and Ambode?

For, l see no reason why the Oba will say that to a group of people who came to beg for his forgiveness?

It is unwarranted and everyone should say so.

Having said that, "Oba of Lagos" cannot and would never apologise..... That is tradition.
"Kabiyeesi" in Yoruba language means [size=14pt]"No one Questions him"[/size].

Aggrieved Igbos should be satisfied with a "diplomatic denial" from the palace of the Oba, Ambode and Yorubas generally. APOLOGIES.

Now, l know some would see this as an opportunity to cause havoc.....
I say Nothing do you!
Vote for who you like.

You can waste your Vote, you can burn your PVC or You can Vote for Ambode and be part of the Change at the centre.

The choice is yours, .... not that of Oba Akiolu of Lagos.

Let us end this controversy lest the cry-cry babies keep moaning and whining about it till GEJ is re-elected 2019! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by cheaperstores: 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
lalasticlala:
The Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria has issued a statement, condemning the alleged anti-Igbo statement made by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, when Igbo leaders in Lagos visited him on Sunday.
Read full statement below:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/180672-alleged-anti-igbo-comment-catholic-church-group-tackles-oba-akiolu.html

VOTE JIMI AGABJE FOR GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE.
HIS UNWAVERING PROMISES

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ebukaOtika(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
eagleeye2:

Taa mechio nu dia
if Oba can say it and he is considered by some to be above insult, then don't preach to me about gentle manliness

Now what has the Insult added to you ,,,, my brother ,.,,,onye ma echi?

You might be in his shoes tomorrow ooooo,,.?
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by igomen: 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

This is the kind of legacy Jonathan has bequeathed on PDP.
Stop making wild and unfounded allegations. Did u listen to the audio? He said it, the Palace is only doing disaster management. I pray JK wins then we shall see if indeed he will carry out his threat. No mortal has right to existence more than another mortal.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by masterpix(m): 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
eagleeye2:
Oba Akiolu has opened the floor for insult on his person and his office.
And I start by saying he is an imbe'cile
seconded
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by eagleeye2: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
ebukaOtika:

Now what has the Insult added to you ,,,, my brother ,.,,,onye ma echi?

You might be in his shoes tomorrow ooooo,,.?
may the gods forbid it.....
nna if na joke make you stop am ohh....
why will I wish an entire tribe death because they exercised their franchise.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Adegbodolu1: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
Texcoco:
The Oba spoke the mindd of thousands of yorubas,it will be foolish if we are caught unawares...An AK47 is #150000 at premium,Makarov 9mm 50K and Tech-9 at 110k.
What is money if your very existence is threatened.
ICC and Posterity will judge him when the killings begin.....Arm yourselves,defend your markets from arsonists and thugs,defend your homes,your neighbourhood....We have done it before,we can do it again.

[size=15pt]So it is the Obi of Onitcha that will keep the markets in Lagos open?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Adegbodolu1: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
Texcoco:
The Oba spoke the mindd of thousands of yorubas,it will be foolish if we are caught unawares...An AK47 is #150000 at premium,Makarov 9mm 50K and Tech-9 at 110k.
What is money if your very existence is threatened.
ICC and Posterity will judge him when the killings begin.....Arm yourselves,defend your markets from arsonists and thugs,defend your homes,your neighbourhood....We have done it before,we can do it again.

ICC judge who? where is your ICC when you come here and call our land No man's land? Highly provocative statement.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ebukaOtika(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
eagleeye2:

may the gods forbid it.....
nna if na joke make you stop am ohh....
why will I wish an entire tribe death because they exercised their franchise.

My brother ,,. I understand you in totality ,,,, but dont forget we have our Ancestors who will also Fight for us too ,,,, just keep your emotions buried pls ,,,, Chukwu Gozie Gi.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by mavinc4u(f): 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
Let me ask this question: where were all these later day zealots when Oyadepo threatened to open the gates of hell on any christian who dared to vote anyone besides Jonathan

Rubbish.

Because oyedepo said something then is right for oba to say the same. It looks like anything GEJ is giving you headache.

By the way is your moniker your surname or just a name you chose to answer; just curious.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ndcide(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
You can now see why some persons could not get their PVC, here in Lagos.

I've said it before that this 2015 election is high level manipulation. I begged, but Nigerians refused. The grip some people will have on this country, only God will save.

people think it's about voting out a government you don't like. NO!!!! 2015 is far beyond that....

Well, I leave it for God.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by chibecanglobal(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
sonnel:
The ibos caused d problems for themselves.how many of them registered for this election in the East to empower GEJ? There were busy saying wetin concern me forgeting that your vote is ur power.
You speak with a lot of sentiments and this has made you to forget about looking at the facts..Do your self some justice buy checking the INEC register of the SE states to know if indeed they registered en masse enough then when you are thru with that compare your findings with the INEC registration in your geo-political zone.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Erebeshe: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

This is the kind of legacy Jonathan has bequeathed on PDP.
Am disappointd by ur statemnt...wth an issue of dis magnitude against an ethnic grp dat has gone viral...ur stil doubting iz credibility?

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Igbos should forgive Oba Akiolu. Desperation and panic got the better of him. He's human after all.

Moreover, why would anyone be worried about threats from yoruba?? Their attempts at intimidation always looks childish. They are only masters in chest-beating and noise-making.

Pls lets not over-blow this incident for the sake of this country.
are you well?
Yoruba people are just too good for you to condemn.
Just shut up!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ruffDiamond: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=ElekeNtioba post=32415416]Igbos should forgive Oba Akiolu. Desperation and panic got the better of him. He's human after all.

Moreover, why would anyone be worried about threats from yoruba?? Their attempts at intimidation always looks childish. They are only masters in chest-beating and noise-making.

Pls lets not over-blow this incident for the sake of my man for ya mind NOTHING i repeat NOTHING GO HAPPEN if u think that man is going to chicken out like yr infamous eze wuruwuru ojukwu who ran away to in d heat of battle,to retract and apologise to DISRESPECTFUL EWU PSYCHOS LIKE UNA THEN YOU 'VE GOT ANOTHER THINKING COMING!U THINK SAY NA YOUR FATHERS POO D POO DEY POWER ? all these mouth making is getting stale pls kindly DO SOMETHING gather a few thousand of yr poople and storm his palace to fight there! Do it 2nite not 2moro abeg me i go wait 2 hear report EWU!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by creepsyme(f): 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
God will treat the oba's ffuucckk up.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by sambos994(m): 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
lastpage:

Unfortunately, you will need to IMPORT more Igbos from the whole South East, to achieve your dreams.
You are in avery minut eminority.... 7-10% of registered voters
tongue tongue
Democracy is a game of numbers and since Fashola has deported some of you, you dont have the numbers in Lagos, to effect any change! undecided undecided

More reason why we need to be weary of people who have a tendency to want to assimilate their host.
This simple reason is why Hausas detest Igbos.

Igbos like it or not, Ambode will win Lagos on Saturday.... once Yorubas have made up their mind to vote for him and APC.
Chew on that ...who knows, the Oba's prophecy may actually come true!

Lastpage!
Sad. Just sad.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by baralatie(m): 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
DuchessLily:
Some pple still want to cause wahala/war in dis country

As election has not succeeded in causing break up.....some pple no like am

We have to be careful ...especially all these old men who are supposed to knw better, and lead the youths through d right part
you get good eyes!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ucheewa: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
The Oba has spoken.

The same way Arthur Eze in the presence of Jonathan threatened anyone who votes Amala people.

The Oba simply responded in kind

First to do , No dey pain

Hey lets preach peace rather than hate. Two wrongs make no right. If the Arthur made a mistake must we quote him as if he has won the noble award for his stupidity? I am an Ibo but Jonathan made a mistake to air such a derisory comment. Airing negative publicity as such belittles a man. I refuse to comment on the Oba's statement cos it may not be true and even if it, it is now too politicized. I am not in Nigeria but I think the Ibos should vote who they think will improve Lagos rather than spite Buhari or fear any threats. Let's join hands to make Nigeria better.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Erebeshe: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

No one should disrespect Oba Akiolu

He has spoken, everyone should adjust accordingly
may God help ur lines of thougt...wth an issue of such gravity being debated all u can beg 4 is respect...whn dat of an ethnic grp has bn thrown away?
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by baralatie(m): 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=ruffDiamond post=32421627][/quote]
did you say not overblow!
Amen
we want peace in Jesus Name!!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by LSU: 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by eaccyboy(m): 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

and who am I??
Eleke (hypocrite)
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by fireforfire: 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
See how dis man has suddenly rubbed his royal baame in d mud.
#obamyleftarse#
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by fireforfire: 8:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
Erebeshe:

may God help ur lines of thougt...wth an issue of such gravity being debated all u can beg 4 is respect...whn dat of an ethnic grp has bn thrown away?

leave him. Hes a coward
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by agborodun: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
THIS MAN DON SHIT FOR HIM THRONE...
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO THREATEN PEOPLE AND INTIMIDATE THEM TO VOTE FOR YOUR ROBBOT?
IS THIS WHAT LAGOS STOOL HAS TURNED TO UNDER THIS MAN?
WHERE IS THE SPIRIT OF FORMER OBA OYEKAN?
I URGE EVERYBODY,BOTH HAUSA,IBO AND YORUBA TO COME OUT EN-MASSE AND VOTE FOR JIMI AGBAJE AS GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by AgentMS: 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Where was Catholic or Pope when they were running their mouths in Anambra, calling Awolowo and Yorubas names.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by chidi01(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
Let me ask this question: where were all these later day zealots when Oyadepo threatened to open the gates of hell on any christian who dared to vote anyone besides Jonathan

Rubbish.

Hello Omenka, (...... any Christian who dared to vote anyone besides Jonathan). Did the bishop really say that? Or you are implying. Please be careful, cos if anyone does that to you, you will not like it. So if you heard him say that, no problem, but if you did not, let your conscience judge you.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by tivta(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

. You are really pissing me off using an igbo name to support your reckless oba. May God or sango that you worship reward you according for not seeing anything wrong with what the oba has said.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by cutecanson(m): 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

u jst pronounce wat u re...A BIG FOOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Emir Of Kaura Namoda’s Convoy, Kill 3 Policemen, 5 Others / BREAKING NEWS :Gov Amosun's Convoy In Road Crash / APC Rally In Zaki-Biam In Ukum LGA, Benue State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.