Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (35345 Views)

Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ernecy(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

This is the kind of legacy Jonathan has bequeathed on PDP.
I think you need to listen to this.

http://www.xclusivehit.com.ng/download-audio-recording-of-oba-of-lagos-threatening-igbos-in-lagos/
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ernecy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

No one should disrespect Oba Akiolu

He has spoken, everyone should adjust accordingly
nobody disrespected the oba until he made this unguided utterance.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by praxisnetworks: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
YOUR FOREFATHERS

wakacome:
Such things will only happen when an OBA is a talkative.....Though I want ambode to win but I think the oba talked senselessly......

Edited: A reliable source said that the oba never cursed the igbos,I also saw the news on another thread probably on frontpage

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by praxisnetworks: 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
WHY DO ALL PROSTITUTES BEAR IGBO NAMES?

azpekuliar:

This is a lie! The audio recording of that comment is almost everywhere online. Here's a link;

www.lindaikeji..com/2015/04/he-said-it-listen-to-audio-recording-of.html?m=1
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Ahmeduana(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
wakacome:
Such things will only happen when an OBA is a talkative.....Though I want ambode to win but I think the oba talked senselessly......
OLD BOY YOU DON DEY PUT MOTOR FOR REVERSE?

Edited: A reliable source said that the oba never cursed the igbos,I also saw the news on another thread probably on frontpage

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by tinyfela: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

He has spoken, everyone should adjust accordingly
Bleep you and your oba... We igbo people don't take threats...da day I will be the first person to vote for Jk..make I c wu go troway me 4 lagoon

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by blaze2cool(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Gboliwe:
The Oba should just retract and apologise. This has gained too much publicity and it's so negative for him.

He should also learn to speak with wisdom and stop ranting like useless FFK.
yes ooo my brother but wait ooo which one is FFK again na don't mind me i schooled in the villa thats why
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
Khalessi:
I know the purpose of nairaland is to keep its readers informed but topics like this should be reduced. It brings out the tribalistic nature of most people. Reading how Yorubas supported the earliest thread brought tears to my eyes.....some are supporting genocide. If you leave the shores of Nigeria no one cares what tribe you're.why can't we live like that in our own country?

You shouldn't be singling out the Yorubas. This is the norm in Nairaland between the two ethnic groups.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by MrMandilas: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
Let me ask this question: where were all these later day zealots when Oyadepo threatened to open the gates of hell on any christian who dared to vote anyone besides Jonathan

Rubbish.
Oyedepo did not mention any tribe. Your Oba is a tribalistic bigot. He thinks Igbos will be intimidated by his ranting. 'Oba of Lagoon'.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by MrMandilas: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=Ahmeduana post=32425177][/quote] What do u expect him to say? When it turned out majority are not on his side. Evil man. His children will take the curse.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Chynx(m): 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

There is an audio and video proof, okay?

Visit Linda Ikeji and get better information.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by DuchessLily(f): 10:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
baralatie:

you get good eyes!

Thanx
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by dhaewood(m): 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
[size=48pt]MR. AMBODE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING AS DROPPED, FURTHERMORE, OBAS DONT APOLOGIZE IN YORUBA LAND WHATEVER THEY SAY IS FINAL, THAT STATEMENT WILL TRIGGER HEAVY SUPPORT FOR JIMI AGBAJE, HOW CAN WE MAKE THE OBA TO SAY "I AM SORRY" NOW,GOD HAS ANSWERED THE PRAYER OF AGBAJE[/size][b][/b]
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ElekeNtioba: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
good @ doing positive things your ancestors can't achieve...

like?? grin grin
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

like?? grin grin
6 how developed southwest is to other regions
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Alawe(m): 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
the oba fuckd up He doesn't know that fire does not know who is oba, when it starts now he will run. He will so be a guest of ICC
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Mcowubaba: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:

I just watched it on Channels Television nw..
He said "Igbos will die in the lagoon if the don't vote Ambode"
Bro, 4 once, its better not to comment, than to comment nd mak a Dunce of urself..
If u r a Christian, read proverbs 17:28-Even a stubborn fool is thought to be wise if he
keeps silent. He is considered intelligent if he keeps
his lips sealed.
U must not always comment, sometimes when u knw say ur Party or any factor u support don f**k up, nd u hav no tangible tin to say..u just keep quiet, scroll nd read comments-there is no rule in Nairaland that says u must comment
My humble opinion...
Ble$$ u..

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by datbohochic(f): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Is ds oba not a mer mortal? Does he have d final say? Thee yorubas and dia demonic monarchial/traditional institutions. Oba whatever ur name is called "Woe unto u to speak when d Almighty has not spoken" Igbos will vote whoever they wish and nothing, I repeat nothing will happen. quote author=ChinemeOkpan post=32415892]Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

He has spoken, everyone should adjust accordingly[/quote]
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by lastpage: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
agborodun:
THIS MAN DON SHIT FOR HIM THRONE...
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO THREATEN PEOPLE AND INTIMIDATE THEM TO VOTE FOR YOUR ROBBOT?
IS THIS WHAT LAGOS STOOL HAS TURNED TO UNDER THIS MAN?
WHERE IS THE SPIRIT OF FORMER OBA OYEKAN?
I URGE EVERYBODY,BOTH HAUSA,IBO AND YORUBA TO COME OUT EN-MASSE AND VOTE FOR JIMI AGBAJE AS GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

if the whole idea behind this tirade was to garner votes for PD.Pigs/Jimi Agbaje, l think is back-firing!
What the Oba said was wrong .... but to use it as a leverage to vote for Jimi Agbaje, shows that this might have been a "planned-work" for the start, afterall, Jonathan gave $250,000 and lots of brand new SUV's to the same Oba, just a few days to the election!

We have tried to show sympathy to the Igbo Victims but it seems dem no dey hear "leave am", as we say! shocked shocked

Le'eyin aponle, abuku lo'okan! Bee'ku, Lee'ku! undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by lastpage: 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
dhaewood:
MR. AMBODE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING AS has DROPPED, FURTHERMORE, OBAS DONT APOLOGIZE IN YORUBA LAND WHATEVER THEY SAY IS FINAL, THAT STATEMENT WILL TRIGGER HEAVY SUPPORT FOR JIMI AGBAJE, HOW CAN WE MAKE THE OBA TO SAY "I AM SORRY" NOW,GOD HAS ANSWERED THE PRAYER OF AGBAJE[/b]
[b]
In your dreams!
wink

Is it the Oba that would carry the PVC of majority Yorubas in lagos, to vote for Agbaje?

You think Lagosians are stewpid that they dont know the implication of voting for PDP/Jimi Agabje and thereby turning Lagos into an opposition state, once again, for the next 16years?

That is like undoing all the good works we did,.... culminating in the trouncing of PDP/Jonathan at the presidential polls!
Yorubas ain't that gullible ....and we dont practice Gra-Gra.

I know Igbos are just trying to find a way to get back at Yorubas, using this pathetic issue................. but we are aeons ahead of you guys, when it comes to mental capacity!
But please avoid getting close to the Lagoon O! I not fit carry Ibo man commot for water! wink wink grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by sonnie10: 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
It is a federal crime to make bigotry comments in some countries. I believe that is what is needed in Nigeria at this point

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ElekeNtioba: 11:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
6 how developed southwest is to other regions

really....with or without Lagos??
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by coolviv: 12:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Right now,im just pitying all the Igbo people that have been religiously and prayerfully supporting APC. Its like the rug has just been pulled from under them. See where they are arguing and debating for Ambode, you ll think he is their relative. Now, they are being told that their love and passion is not needed, just vote or die.

Rude awakening one must say. Being singled out as if other tribes don't love Jimi Agbaje, yorubas inclusive, and yet only their tribe is threatened with death. Anyway you look at it, no Igbo man will have the heart to come out and vote for Ambode any more. Highest they will do is stay at home if they don't like Jimi Agbaje.

Quite unfortunate. No man's ego can take this hit no matter how much of a gentleman he is...SMH....

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by nwadiuko1(m): 12:21am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
The Oba spoke the mindd of thousands of yorubas,it will be foolish if we are caught unawares...An AK47 is #150000 at premium,Makarov 9mm 50K and Tech-9 at 110k.
What is money if your very existence is threatened.
ICC and Posterity will judge him when the killings begin.....Arm yourselves,defend your markets from arsonists and thugs,defend your homes,your neighbourhood....We have done it before,we can do it again.
how can I get one of em makarov bro?

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by coolviv: 12:25am On Apr 07, 2015
Wow!!,All the yorubas I know support Jimi Agbaje. In fact even before the presidential election, the mantra was Buhari for president and Jimi Agbaje for governor. I don't think that has changed especially now, most yorubas have good and tight Igbo friends, and relatives in Lagos whom they love and would not take this threat to their lives lightly.
lastpage:

In your dreams!
wink

Is it the Oba that would carry the PVC of majority Yorubas in lagos, to vote for Agbaje?

You think Lagosians are stewpid that they dont know the implication of voting for PDP/Jimi Agabje and thereby turning Lagos into an opposition state, once again, for the next 16years?

That is like undoing all the good works we did,.... culminating in the trouncing of PDP/Jonathan at the presidential polls!
Yorubas ain't that gullible ....and we dont practice Gra-Gra.

I know Igbos are just trying to find a way to get back at Yorubas, using this pathetic issue................. but we are aeons ahead of you guys, when it comes to mental capacity!
But please avoid getting close to the Lagoon O! I not fit carry Ibo man commot for water! wink wink grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 07, 2015
Emmyginger:
why does this man want to rubebe d election in lagos,he must be JEGAD
nice one there,joke of the moment
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Desperation at work oooh!GEJ pls we need anti-desperation!!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by omenka(m): 12:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Mcowubaba:

I just watched it on Channels Television nw..
He said "Igbos will die in the lagoon if the don't vote Ambode"
Bro, 4 once, its better not to comment, than to comment nd mak a Dunce of urself..
If u r a Christian, read proverbs 17:28-Even a stubborn fool is thought to be wise if he
keeps silent. He is considered intelligent if he keeps
his lips sealed.
U must not always comment, sometimes when u knw say ur Party or any factor u support don f**k up, nd u hav no tangible tin to say..u just keep quiet, scroll nd read comments-there is no rule in Nairaland that says u must comment
My humble opinion...
Ble$$ u..
And it is better for you to check the time stamp of posts before you issue an unrequested advice. I made this statement before the audio recording went viral.

Now that I have listened to it I would Say the Oba erred big time. Such never should have come from him and I suggest he issues an apology to that effect.

Ok, you happy now

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Mcowubaba: 12:58am On Apr 07, 2015
omenka:
And it is better for you to check the time stamp of posts before you issue an unrequested advice. I made this statement before the audio recording went viral.

Now that I have listened to it I would Say the Oba erred big time. Such never should have come from him and I suggest he issues an apology to that effect.

Ok, you happy now

Emmh happy ke sad
As an Igbo Or what....
Anyway gud 4 u to Own up to the truth....I detest myopic nd illogical peeps..
U have displayed Maturity..kudos..
Peace...

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Kenedex: 12:58am On Apr 07, 2015
i dnt tink is good for obas to be invoving der self in nigeria politics dats y our emirs obas are not ben respectd as oldin days obas or emirs is totaly wrong for him to b using harsh words or intimatin igbos in gods owns land let him revert his words if dis is true because dis can generate anoda tin
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Chibuhealth(f): 1:13am On Apr 07, 2015
Segeggs:
There are 2 types of south easterners. One is called Igbo while the other is Ibo. The Igbo live peacefully wherever they find themselves while the Ibo is all about confusion, division, destruction, tribalism and fraudulent activities. Which are you?
and who are the Ibos? Can you list the states of Ibos and Igbos? Onye ara

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tumba Garba, Senator Binta's Father Speaks: I Didn't Burn Her House / Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) / Buhari Has Not Endorsed N30,000 Minimum Wage – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.