Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! (2894 Views)

Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2015
History always repeat itself. And this is because humans never learn from history. They are skilled in repeating the same mistakes that were made by those that lived before them. Its simply human nature.

The elections have come and gone. and there has been some peace in both the polity and the nation. And then in a very dramatic fashion, a king who should have known better has made an infamous speech capable of breeching that peace and throwing the entire nation into a state of chaos.

It can be manageable and even forgivable when politicians make obnoxious and inflammatory statements. But when such statements are made by kings, who should be totally apolitical, then we are headed for some dangerous end. I didn't want to believe it myself till I watched the video, and it dawned on me an entire race was being threatened with violence on account of their political beliefs and inclinations. That was unacceptable. The king is a fool, and an idiot; unfit to rule the minutest of people; unfit to govern even the most uncivilized people on the surface of the earth. Nigeria is republic; not some monarchy!

One cannot totally absolve the entire APC from this latest version of ethnic extremism and madness displayed by a primitive, rabid king. He deserves all the insults that come his way. His voice lent support to the course of the APC- a Nigerian version of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. The government of the APC in Lagos has shown so much disdain and hatred for the Igbos. The rabid King was aware how the APC-led government in Fashola deported some Igbos from Lagos, hence he acted to further show the deep hatred his party has for the Igbos.

Where is Lie Mohammed, APC Chairman, Buhari, and all their naked dancers on social media, including NL? No sense of country; its just about party. Very shameful.

The Igbos should go ahead and massively vote for Jimi Agbaje in Lagos, and lets watch what the lunatic, local king will do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by temitemi1(m): 8:35am On Apr 07, 2015
God Bless my igbo people!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by DahtzFestjayz: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by GboyegaD(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2015
He will do nothing as he has no power to decide who anyone votes for nonetheless, the probability of JK winning is quite low.

3 Likes

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by dunkem21(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by omololu2020(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:
History always repeat itself. And this is because humans never learn from history. They are skilled in repeating the same mistakes that were made by those that lived before them. Its simply human nature.

The elections have come and gone. and there has been some peace in both the polity and the nation. And then in a very dramatic fashion, a king who should have known better has made an infamous speech capable of breeching that peace and throwing the entire nation into a state of chaos.

It can be manageable and even forgivable when politicians make obnoxious and inflammatory statements. But when such statements are made by kings, who should be totally apolitical, then we are headed for some dangerous end. I didn't want to believe it myself till I watched the video, and it dawned on me an entire race was being threatened with violence on account of their political beliefs and inclinations. That was unacceptable. The king is a fool, and an idiot; unfit to rule the minutest of people; unfit to govern even the most uncivilized people on the surface of the earth. Nigeria is republic; not some monarchy!

One cannot totally absolve the entire APC from this latest version of ethnic extremism and madness displayed by a primitive, rabid king. He deserves all the insults that come his way. His voice lent support to the course of the APC- a Nigerian version of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. The government of the APC in Lagos has shown so much disdain and hatred for the Igbos. The rabid King was aware how the APC-led government in Fashola deported some Igbos from Lagos, hence he acted to further show the deep hatred his party has for the Igbos.

Where is Lie Mohammed, APC Chairman, Buhari, and all their naked dancers on social media, including NL? No sense of country; its just about party. Very shameful.

The Igbos should go ahead and massively vote for Jimi Agbaje in Lagos, and lets watch what the lunatic, local king will do.

d ibos will vote jk a yoruba man,but jk will still lose,hav u forgotten d ibos supported GEJ in d presidential election,but d clueless one is on his way back to otuoke..and I agree wit wot d oba said,any ibo man dat doesn't lik it should go back to his state

7 Likes

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2015
omololu2020:
d ibos will vote jk a yoruba man,but jk will still lose,hav u forgotten d ibos supported GEJ in d presidential election,but d clueless one is on his way back to otuoke..and I agree wit wot d oba said,any ibo man dat doesn't lik it should go back to his state

With all due respect, did you just replied to this thread or another?

2 Likes

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Jorussia(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2015
I don't support insulting a traditional ruler,no matter what he may have done. The Igbo nation should be very careful the way they claim other peoples land as their own.

4 Likes

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
temitemi1:
we all know you are Igbo,you can't pretend no more.

1 Like

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Jorussia:
I don't support insulting a traditional ruler,no matter what he may have done. The Igbo nation should be very careful the way they claim other peoples land as their own.

Believe me, it's not my nature to abuse or denigrate elders. I had to struggle to string those words together.

But when a people are threatened with destruction, the culprit shouldn't just be insulted, but slapped and beaten thoroughly as well, if possible.

Royalty means nobility, not rascality!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by omololu2020(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

With all due respect, did you just replied to this thread or another?
yeap,,are u sure u quoted d right person?
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by doctokwus: 9:24am On Apr 07, 2015
The oba was callous and acted true to type because he has never been known to talk and act with wisdom.
Be that as it may,the caveat is that Jimi Agbaje himself would offer d Igbos no better in terms of security and guarantee of property and investments.
This is therefore one of those tricky situations where one does not in d bid to assert one's independence,freedom of choice and industrous spirit,jump from "frying pan to fire".
Ibos would sheath her swords,vote in ambode and in due course,treat oba akiolu's Bleep up at d appropriate time.
The middle way would be ambode being voted in as governor and as many non indigenes as practicable being voted into the state assembly; @ least to show that tout,that power still ultimately belongs to d people in a democratic setting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by quixotic: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

what is your problem? When did the oba of lagos become the apc spokesman? I know it hurts to loose but move on. Sadly the pdp has assumed an ethnic dimension of ss/se against nigeria.and there can be only one loser. Most people commenting havnt even heard the audio or read the transcript. I remember vividlya Aisha's edo prostitutes propaganda. The oba did not say he will kill igbos. After elections there will still be a nigeria, we should remember that.

1 Like

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2015
quixotic:
what is your problem? When did the oba of lagos become the apc spokesman? I know it hurts to loose but move on. Sadly the pdp has assumed an ethnic dimension of ss/se against nigeria.and there can be only one loser. Most people commenting havnt even heard the audio or read the transcript. I remember vividlya Aisha's edo prostitutes propaganda. The oba did not say he will kill igbos. After elections there will still be a nigeria, we should remember that.

I hear! Have you not watched the video? It's on YouTube!

It should be condemned by and sundry.

4 Likes

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by bbeckky: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm not supporting whatever the Oba has said but then u need to consider he is elderly. How wud u feel if he was ur dad and u read som1 write these insulting words u did here about him? There are ways u can express ur opinion without the insults.
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by obailala(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Jorussia:
What has the decision of voting a thorough breed Yoruba man Jimi Agbaje got to do with "claiming other peoples land as their own"?

How did this issue degenerate to this level?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by obailala(m): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2015
quixotic:
The Oba of lagos is not a Yoruba or APC spokesperson but unfortunately, in our usual irrational emotional manner, it will be difficult to convince a lot of people about this. Inciting statements like that actually raise emotions which block the sense of logical reasoning in people. It would take some time before the emotions die down but since Saturday is just a few days from now, I'm afraid this misguided statement by the oba can cost Ambode the governorship.
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Kevinoh: 10:37am On Apr 07, 2015
Guys please lets not be sentimental in our judgements here. Royal father or not, what he did was very wrong and he deserves whatever insults come his way as long as he is not apologetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffpFyrvA5jw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by abacusCm(m): 11:36am On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

op,it is not your fault,it is just bcs Yorubas are accommodative and nice to visitors that is why you have the gut to post the trash.can any Yoruba group in the east insult any of the kings?i don't think that is possible.i have been saying it and I will continue saying it that average Ibos are traitors....O da le ni won..election will come and go but I'm 100% sure that the traitors among you will definitely pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Kolade354(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Believe me, it's not my nature to abuse or denigrate elders. I had to struggle to string those words together.

But when a people are threatened with destruction, the culprit shouldn't just be insulted, but slapped and beaten thoroughly as well, if possible.

Royalty means nobility, not rascality!
It not your nature and you struggle to construc those words you used to insult a royal father.........Just condemn his word and move on, abusing or insulting him is not gud enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Temi,you are yoruba so I don't trust you..
Unless you promise me that after voting your brother jimi,you won't join your Oba to throw us into the lagoon embarassed embarassed

Af
temitemi1:
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by temitemi1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
I have so many igbos around me. I can't even stand any yoruba insulting them nt to talk of throwing them down the lagoon!
peppyluv02:
Temi,you are yoruba so I don't trust you..
Unless you promise me that after voting your brother jimi,you won't join your Oba to throw us into the lagoon embarassed embarassed

Af
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
abacusCm:
op,it is not your fault,it is just bcs Yorubas are accommodative and nice to visitors that is why you have the gut to post the trash.can any Yoruba group in the east insult any of the kings?i don't think that is possible.i have been saying it and I will continue saying it that average Ibos are traitors....O da le ni won..election will come and go but I'm 100% sure that the traitors among you will definitely pay for it.

Please, quit the emotional cap!

Yorubas are also found in other states across the federation, and can't recall anyone threatening their existence on account of their political inclination.

Just condemn the tout and move on!
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by abacusCm(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Please, quit the emotional cap!

Yorubas are also found in other states across the federation, and can't recall anyone threatening their existence on account of their political inclination.

Just condemn the tout and move on!
As you said,yorubas were also found in other states but they don't cross their boundry like the Ibos.I just pity the Ibos bcs I don't knw hw you people will feel if Ambode eventually win.You people are visitors /Strangers in Lagos,so you don't have to show your interest on one of the indigenes (Agbaje) more than Other(Ambode)....can you people try that in Kano?
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by LubricatingOil: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Here is what a prominent ibo politician said in front of Jonathan in Anambra State.

"That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos" Arthur Eze

http://ynaija.com/ngige-joined-awolowos-people-who-killed-the-igbos-see-10-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-said-at-the-pdpanambra-rally-yesterday/

Show me a SINGLE condemnation from any ibo man.

Keep fooling yourself. We are waiting for you on Saturday.
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
abacusCm:
As you said,yorubas were also found in other states but they don't cross their boundry like the Ibos.I just pity the Ibos bcs I don't knw hw you people will feel if Ambode eventually win.You people are visitors /Strangers in Lagos,so you don't have to show your interest on one of the indigenes (Agbaje) more than Other(Ambode)....can you people try that in Kano?

For the records, I'm Ijaw. U guys need to drop this nonsense oo

1 Like

Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by omazus: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
You are an uncircumcised ediot for bringing the igbo nation into the statement of one individual. I wish some of you have taken time to decipher the difference between you and Igbo. For what the OBA did the IGBO have focused on the OBA and not transfered the aggression to common Yoruba. But when one Igbo does something your tribally wired mind reads it as IGBO nation. I have lost hope in you.
Jorussia:
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by astana1: 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! by omazus: 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please start being bad to visitors now. Eat them alive when you see them. Such statement as you just made is only heard among your people. Have you read the essay by one of your best minds, Wole Soyinka about the tiger NOT DECALRING its tigritude. Whichever tiger that does that is an ordinary pussy. This your constant declaration of your good naturedness in the face of contrary evidence shows who you really are.
abacusCm:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Presidentless For The Next Four Years / North Now Controls Two Powerful Arms Of Government / A Lion Was Spotted In Ikorodu, Lagos Yesterday? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.