Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,374 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27386 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
The niger delta oil is feeding the whole nation
How many times have yorubas bowed before the people that produce Nigeria's wealth to say thank you!!
Yet you expect an Igboman to bow before you because he lives in Lagos
Who has done the other a bigger favor
Ndi ara

I am certain individuals are grateful to individuals that help them out or show them mercy or are kind to them
It is not a tribal thing,everyone does it
but no one should expect that babyosisi will come online and bow before nonentities and sing the praises of people she has never met so that they can allow Igbos live in Lagos or because they expect they deserve praise
What a ridiculous thing to expect

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by emekanwokoye225: 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yeah we need the PEACE in order for the election to go well,, we need a free and fair election.....

VOTE AMBODE,,for the change we want...

APC!!!!! CHANGE
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by whitecat1: 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yoruba makes up "Niger delta" so why should we bow to ourselves to say thank you?

You ibos have not bowed to say thanks to Niger delta, have you?
babyosisi:
How many times have yorubas bowed before the people that produce Nigeria's wealth to say thank you!!
Ndi ara

I am certain individuals are grateful to individuals that help them out or show them mercy or are kind to them
but no one should expect that babyosisi will come online and bow before nonentities and sing the praises of people she has never met so that they can allow Igbos live in Lagos or because they expect they deserve praise
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

The Oba did not just make any statement. He stood up and directly threatened Igbo elders and titled men in front of camera.

And some eediot tells me about respect
When even their elders are ndi agbero
My people are supposed to swallow that provocation to be seen as good people who love their hosts
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
oikechukwu:

The more you speak, the more it's obvious you are a yoruba hiding behind another group to spew your hatred. Lady we are used to your cowardly ppl act. The minute you started knowing "Nigeria tribes" and very invested in Nigeria gave you away as one from the clan of cowards. This your post actually proves some more cause only the waste excuse of a human space tribe drag others during their dance of shame.

First the only African group known to call AA lazy are yoruba. The reason why Nigerians are hated among AA community are fucking yoruba hence the tribe they always drag during their belittle of Nigeria are predominately Yoruba. If you doubt me, head to any AA forums and read their own comments. Next time you want to run your mouth and lie like the little yoruba cowards you all are, then be sure not to try and twist a story infront of someone that reside among the AA community.

Yes your people are lazy. The only tribe in Nigeria, excluding northerners, still till date depends HIGHLY on government and foreigners to feed them are Yoruba. The only tribe that goes to another person's region and demand free lands, foods, etc are Yoruba. Even the freaking northern don't do that. The only tribe whose leaders actually bribe through food just for vote are Yorubas. You can't deny wtf you people are. YOU HAVE AND WILL ALWAYS BEEN A LAZY COWARDS. Everybody knows that and it's not a secret in Nigeria.

Try your fucking worse. All you people know how to do is loudmouth and take credit of others winning of a fight. Every fighy you people have been in, You've been whupped. Even damnoey women,emphasis on WOMEN, defeated una strongest warriors. The north kills you people in your lands and in their lands and what do you Yorubas do? Deny it as much as una can. The only fight you people ever won at is actually a wrestling match among eachother h ence you lazy clowns try desperately and pathetically trying g to take credit for "winning" the Biafra war. Despite it was MB and northerners soldiers that did most of the fighting and the West countries supplied most of the weapons. All you lazy fools did was sit una fat @ss suggesting starvation and waiting to take credit as usual.
Like we said, try your f2king worse!!! Let's not forget outside of BH and militants, the last group that pushed nigerian police force were Bakassi Boys. Better go and recheck which tribe predominately made up of Bakassi boys. Ewu!!!! Yoruba baboon monkey
[/s]

You crazy! I Dont have time for your ranting i told you who I am and responded to the guys who dragged and insulted my country in trying to save your assses. Now what!

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by whitecat1: 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
At least our elders don't eat their babies like your elders!
babyosisi:

And some eediot tells me about respect
When even their elders are ndi agbero
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Ojiofor: 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

Can you imagine!

Our leaders went to his palace to pay homage to him; to show respect, yet he disrespected them and threatened our people with annihilation! Is that the 'sophistication' these people preach? This rascally behaviour from the oba is only expected from cavemen! It's very shameful!!
All this you are not respectful to your host whining is political not cultural.they want Ndi Igbo Lagos to be politically docile but they are in for a loooooong thing.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by oikechukwu: 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:
Ndi ara

No mind them. They don't even feed, clothe or house any igbo for free yet they always shouting down our throat how "accommodating" they as if what they provide is not what others provide in their region. Infact their people went to Enugu and demanded free lands from Enugu government. How many Igbo people went crazy over their ridiculous lazy demand? If it was them, they would have started shouting how accommodating and sophisticated they are that's why ppl are steeping on their toes or some BS like that.

Mtchewwwww.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by oikechukwu: 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
Yoruba makes up "Niger delta" so why should we bow to ourselves to say thank you?

I'm a deltan igbo and I can see yoruba trying their claim claim. Which yoruba makes up ND or do you mean the lazy touts that migrated to ND to work in oil companies. Abeg mechi on with una thievery. Before now you'll come tell us Itsekiri are yoruba and Warri is a Yoruba town. Mtchewwwwww

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Akshow: 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Please give us one instance where the so called host community was disrespected
In what way?
You expect Igbos to prostrate before you daily?
They will not
You are not doing anything that Igbos in Enugu haven't some for Yorubas and Hausas in Enugu where I lived
We don't expect praise for it
It's expected that one treats their guests with courtesy
We extend that to all Hausas and Yorubas in our communities without expecting them to bow at our feet
We expect you to do same

lagos is no mans land

we control the economy of lagos

without us lagos is nothing

we must produce the deputy governor.

yorubas are dirty

yorubas are cowards

we own lagos

Do say all dis against americans in even d america that u say u are and expect to be taken serious and accommodated peacefully. there is virtue in humility and that lack of humility is d bane of igbos existence with oda tribes in Naija. Nobody say u shud lick their arzz but do not go all superior and disrespect the customs and traditions of d land.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by oikechukwu: 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:
[s][/s]

You crazy! I Dont have time for your ranting i told you who I am and responded to the guys who dragged and insulted my country in trying to save your assses. Now what!

I don't have time for a cowardly yoruba pathetically hiding behind others as usual. Get out my face jor.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Fighting makes you an agbero
You are a coward when you hide behind a computer and spew trash about a people you are afraid to compete with
A bigger coward when you say something and deny you said it
What is the trash Igbos spew?
In Ibadan the other day a group of Yoruba elders took out a newspaper ad to cry that strangers were buying up land in their land
How cowardly can they get
If you have money,you buy property for sale
You don't call yourself accommodating and use every second to shove it down my throat expecting to be bowed before
We are not a subservient group
We don't make trouble wherever we go and that doesn't mean we need to kiss your arse or lie down like a lizard before you

No Igboman was handed a piece of property when he arrived Lagos
He got it by his blood and sweat
Yet an agbero posting on nairaland expects to talk trash expect he won't get a good response

Igbos are in Lagos not because it is yorubaland but because it is the commercial nerve center of Nigeria
Same reason Lebanese and Chinese are also there buying up land and property
You don't hear gwaris of northerners running around like touts complaining of Igbo property in Abuja or that they are taking over
Taking over what?
They ought to be confident in themselves if they say the land belongs to them
Not crying at every turn

See the shameful way an oba acted
You don't have any word for it
Threatening free citizens into voting for his candidate
And you expect that stoopidity not to be met with stern language

Violence is never one sided
Lagos has grown beyond Yoruba and that was how it started
During the time of regionalism it wasn't even included in western Nigeria
It was a province of its own
Western Nigeria had its capital in Ibadan ,not Lagos
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria,developed with nigerian resources and a collection of Nigerians including Igbos
It just happens to be in Yorubaland and that doesn't give any Yoruba tout the right to dictate who lives there

The Igbo man has as much right as any Nigerian to live and work there till Lagos becomes a sovereign nation

My dearest! With all due respect this thread was created as a peace platform and it would be sad if that peace would not reign because we all have list of issues we want to bring forth and deal with. As a sign of goodwill and respect to the Op @ EUROBOMBER i will let him continue with his humble appeal to all Nigerians and pray that he hopefully becomes successful.

Peace is always good! kiss
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

[size=16pt]I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.[/size]

Scatterboss

Superstar1

Desola

Ilugunboy

Gbawe

Jarus

You don't attempt to make peace by starting off with lies and expect anyone to take you seriously.
This event you speak off started after an oba was caught on camera threatening citizens with death if they don't do his bidding
As soon as that news broke,every right thinking citizen ought to have condemned that eediot
But go through the thread and see the rejoicing but you choose to focus on Igbos

What you are doing here's is akin to a a christian rising up to appeal to Christians to behave themselves so as not to provoke Islamic nuts from killing them or blacks to stop speaking ill of whites so as to decrease lynchings.
That is preposterous.
You don't right a wrong by telling the wronged individual to check himself

No
Do you want me apologize for being igbo?
Or live in total thanks to someone
Never
That is not in our ethos to lay down like a lizard to appease someone to be adjudged as nice
Do me good I thank you
Do me bad,I tell you to go and die
Respect begets respect
You earn it you don't demand it by running around like a goat spewing nonsense

In the wake of the toutish oba's utterances you address that incident and similar incidences like the outbursts of clown like FFK and hateful comments of plenty others including wole Soyinka.
Asking me or Igbos to be quiet in the face of constant provocations will not work especially this recent one is laughable
Igbos are not in Lagos formenting trouble
There is no evidence that they have ever done that
They work very hard and live there in peace despite the hostility
They have lived peacefully never once risen up to fight yorubas in Lagos
If you have an evidence please produce it

So where exactly is this stoopid accusation coming from

If anything yorubas are the ones that have attacked Igbos in Yorubaland unprovoked ,in owo.
Not the other way around
The chants of go back to Igboland like a kid whose candy was stolen is all over the air whenever igbo is mentioned
We ain't going nowhere
Lagos is as much theirs to live in like the next man

If Yorubas and Hausas can live in other areas of Nigeria and the world
If Chinese can come to Lagos and prosper
So can any nigerian including Igbos
They don't owe anyone' an apology for that
Let people deal with it

8 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Defcon1(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
midolian:
your sense too dey intact..buh I doubt if u are igbo..Igbos are too full of themselves. You cn imagine one igbo guy telling me we can't survive without them,. Hence my signature
Well, you should start by doing away with your stereotyping
The Op is Igbo, and is not full of himself.
There are many lgbos like him
Stereotyping is the cause of tribal prejudice and intolerance.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

My dearest! With all due respect this thread was created as a peace platform and it would be sad if that peace would not reign because we all have list of issues we want to bring forth and deal with. As a sign of goodwill and respect to the Op @ EUROBOMBER i will let him continue with his humble appeal to all Nigerians and pray that he hopefully becomes successful.

Thank you very much for helping me out, I was actually wondering how to respond to her.

@Babyosisi, you are one lady I respect a lot on Nairaland and I have a lot of admiration for you too. I get your point but in the event, there is nothing like peace and harmony. I am doing what I am led to do from my heart, who knows what God will do with my little effort.

I hope you understand darling. cool

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by tdayof(m): 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

You don't attempt to make peace by starting off with lies and expect anyone's to take you seriously.
This event you speak off started after an oba was caught on camera threatening citizens with death if they don't do his bidding
As soon as that news broke,every right thinking citizen ought to have condemned that eediot
But go through the thread and see the rejoicing but you choose to focus on Igbos

What you are doing here's is akin to a a christian rising up to appeal to Christians to behave themselves so as not to provoke Islamic nuts from killing them or blacks to stop speaking ill of whites so as to decrease lynchings.
That is preposterous.
You don't right a wrong by telling the wronged individual to check himself and turn the aggressor into a monster
No
S you want me apologize for being a igbo?
Or live in total thanks to someone a.
Never
That is not in our ethos those to be worst rating like a lizard to appease someone
Do me good I thank you
Respect begets respect

In the wake of the toutish oba's utterances you address that incident and similar incidences like the outbursts of clown like FFK and hateful comments of a woke Soyinka.
Asking me or Igbos to be quiet in the face of constant provocations will not work
Igbos are not in Lagos tormenting trouble
S where exactly is this stoopid accusation coming from

If anything yorubas are the ones that have attacked Igbos in Yorubaland unprovoked ,in owo.
Not the other way around

the main problem is you guys trying to claim another man's land
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
@Op, can you show Nairaland what you have done in the past and how you did it to sensitize your ibo people? Until then, I will say to my Yoruba people to not listen to the op cos this is just to make Yoruba sit back while ibos run amok.

Why is the op now all of a sudden concerned after years ibos spent degrading Yoruba? Is it because Yoruba are about to treat their f'ups?Where are the letters he wrote to his people pleading with them to stop taunting Yoruba? The only reason he woke up now is that he sees Yoruba is about to do it like ibos. Please don't listen to the op, we must see this to a logical conclusion!

IT'S NOW OR NEVER!!!!!

abeg go siddon. ewu like your op brother. Stop barking and start biting if you can.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:

Ewu ohia. We are Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by dolphinheart(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
oikechukwu:

Actually No. You might want to go and recheck that thread about your oba making those statement. Majority of your yoruba brothers supported him, even went to the extent of taunting igbos. The insults to your oba is what resulted out from you people taunting. That's one thing I can't stand about you people. You ppl try to lie through your teeth and play victim.

When that hausa boy went on twitter and requested for the killing of Igbo ppl during the presidency election..how many igbos went crazy over it? Very few and that's because we actually saw the northerners condemn the boy in Linda ikeji, twitter and other blogs till the point the boy started recanting and lying he was "hacked". Even though, we know the north did the whole swamble to save face and there defense most likely wasn't their true intent but the fact they did it calmed down nerves. While for this one, all we saw was out right justification, applause, agreeing with the Oba and even taunting. Now that una gra gra have finally caught many attention and your oba is getting insulted daily, you ppl want to recant and play victim. Spare us una usual act pls.

Not all of us are like this coward OP. Not all of us will twist it like it is just to appease you people hateful, vile and despicable hatred una bore for the average igbo person.

When I read most of the statement in the thread, it followed a pattern . The oba did something wrong the ibos castigated him , called him names, abused him and cursed him . Because of the reaction of the ibos , some yorubas felt insulted and replied negatively due to their reverence for the post the oba held . You can see that the issue has shifted from "what the oba said", "if he is right or wrong" to "what can you do if the oba said so " .
Most yorubas do not accept what the oba said , but they reacted to the ibos reaction, these reaction is what u are also reacting to thereby shifting the issue from the statement of the oba to the issue of cowardice, hatred and all others. If the ibos have waited for the yorubas to tell the oba he is wrong without recourse to abuse and threat, the issues might not have resulted to this.

You cannot compare the statements made by a citezen to a statement made by an oba, both are handled differently .
In yorubaland , high ranking obas are well respected, and their is a process of solving mistakes made by those who occupy the seat. Abuse of that post might make the subjects react , the reaction and the subsequent re-reaction is what I do not know or want experience. And if you also do not want to experience such , the catalyst that assist such reactions should be taking away.
When you call a man coward, lazy, dirty, u tell him his land does not belong to him , even if it is true ,I wonder how you expect him to view you, with love and respect? Naa! , I dnt think so .
You can punch ur friend and he might laugh it off, u might even slap him and it will end up being solved over a couple of beers, but you poke him in eye! , friendship will be trown into the dustbin .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

Shut up. There was nothing peaceful in the creation of this thread except in the title. The op was just painting yorubas as victims of Igbo success and blaming Igbos for the foolish tirades of their oba. How can you expect peace when you start pointing accusing fingers at us when we have done nothing to you?

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by midolian(m): 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Defcon1:

Well, you should start by doing away with your stereotyping
The Op is Igbo, and is not full of himself.
There are many lgbos like him
Stereotyping is the cause of tribal prejudice and intolerance.

thank you..my stereotyping has little to do with wat the igbo guy said. I served in a place(bode saadu, kwara state) dominated by the igbos and I saw how high they raised their shoulders among others. Many of them tried evey possible means to make money outta poor innocent children and also took advantage of their fellow corp members..some chose to call my hausa/fulani friends "nama"(meat) sef cos they don't like his tribe while some call the muslims "boko haram"...now, tell me more about stereotyping...

See I ve met and mixed with thousands of igbos my entire life and if I must be frank with you, there are very few with almost impeccable attitudes.. I do tolerate them and that's why I get to find out the good ones outta them.. I hate to say I don't like majority of them angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
tdayof:

We are buying it up. If they don't want, the oba should just ask his people to stop selling land to Igbos.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by StunningCEO: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Op you are now officially a coward and should be branded as such...tis likes of you we don't need. Lagos is no man's land,tis a cosmopolitan city and will remain such.If our oil resources can be branded National Cake,no lagos indigene how much less one from Oshogbo should cry if this cosmopolitan city is referred as No man's land.

ichidodo.... grin.. who is a bigger coward than you....one minute you are ichidodo....next minute buhari wins....and you change your name to texcoco grin
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
tdayof:

Tell me of any Igbo man that walked up to a Yoruba man and claimed his house,his wife,his children or any property of his
Show me a single incidence
Instead it is yorubas that dupe Igbos and others constantly in land matters and constitute themselves into agbero groups extorting money from hard working men and women
No be so

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:
I live and work in the USA
By naturalization an American who can vote and be voted for
If an American who was born here takes it upon himself to remind me daily that I am a visitor and attempt to dictate how I can act,vote or where I should go and shouldn't, and how I should be grateful to him for accommodating me.I have every right to tell him to go and kiss a toad then my nyash
That is the situation many Igbos have found themselves in
Constantly having to defend themselves against touts who claim to be civilized but parading with cave mentality

Born Americans cannot rejoice when they heard a calamity befell Nigerians and will be shocked to get a backlash from Nigerians
If Yorubas take it upon themselves to act like hooligans,Igbos have a right to tell them to shut up
No man has a monopoly of bad mouth

If an American is angry that I have a house and a college degree,let him go get an education and do same
Same way if a Yoruba man is angry his neighbor is doing well,let him humbly ask how it is done or let him be instead of disturbing the peace.

Enough of this nonsense
...dem go hear? undecided undecided undecided

They keep begrudging, I say cheesy cheesy cheesy
See the rage in him naaaa grin grin grin grin

Ha ma na anyi abiago zoo be ha bedebede kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
midolian:
thank you..my stereotyping has little to do with wat the igbo guy said. I served in a place(bode saadu, kwara state) dominated by the igbos and I saw how high they raised their shoulders among others. Many of them tried evey possible means to make money outta poor innocent children and also took advantage of their fellow corp members..some chose to call my hausa/fulani friends "nama"(meat) sef cos they don't like his tribe while some call the muslims "boko haram"...now, tell me more about stereotyping...

See I ve met and mixed with thousands of igbos my entire life and if I must be frank with you, there are very few with almost impeccable attitudes.. I do tolerate them and that's why I get to find out the good ones outta them.. I hate to say I don't like majority of them angry

sod off. who wants you to like us?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by StunningCEO: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

You don't attempt to make peace by starting off with lies and expect anyone to take you seriously.

That is preposterous.
You don't right a wrong by telling the wronged individual to check himself

No
Do you want me apologize for being a igbo?
Or live in total thanks to someone
Never
That is not in our ethos to lay down like a lizard to appease someone to be adjudged as nice
Do me good I thank you
Respect begets respect
You earn it you don't demand it by running around like a goat spewing nonsense

In the wake of the toutish oba's utterances you address that incident and similar incidences like the outbursts of clown like FFK and hateful comments of plenty others including wole Soyinka.
Asking me or Igbos to be quiet in the face of constant provocations will not work
Igbos are not in Lagos formenting trouble
They work very hard and live there in peace despite the hostility
If you have an evidence please produce it
So where exactly is this stoopid accusation coming from

Not the other way around
The. The Fontana chants of go back to Igboland like a kid whose candy was stolen
We ain't going nowhere
Lagos is as much theirs to live in like the next man

If Yorubas and Hausas can live in other areas of Nigeria and the world
If Chinese can come to Lagos and prosper
So can any nigerian including Igbos
They don't owe anyone's an apology for that

fat fool.....muumuu dat have neva lived in lagos before but carry plane to US......lecturing on violence from America....may ur loved one be victims of the violence u wish...biach... grin
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by whitecat1: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Eranko, which one? the political one or where is oil in ibo states?

Squatting in a place doesn't make it your own!
Alfamann:

Ewu ohia. We are Niger Delta.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by oikechukwu: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
dolphinheart:

When I read most of the statement in the thread, it followed a pattern . The oba did something wrong the ibos castigated him , called him names, abused him and cursed him . Because of the reaction of the ibos , some yorubas felt insulted and replied negatively due to their reverence for the post the oba held . You can see that the issue has shifted from "what the oba said", "if he is right or wrong" to "what can you do if the oba said so " .
Most yorubas do not accept what the oba said , but they reacted to the ibos reaction, these reaction is what u are also reacting to thereby shifting the issue from the statement of the oba to the issue of cowardice, hatred and all others. If the ibos have waited for the yorubas to tell the oba he is wrong without recourse to abuse and threat, the issues might not have resulted to this.

You cannot compare the statements made by a citezen to a statement made by an oba, both are handled differently .
In yorubaland , high ranking obas are well respected, and their is a process of solving mistakes made by those who occupy the seat. Abuse of that post might make the subjects react , the reaction and the subsequent re-reaction is what I do not know or want experience. And if you also do not want to experience such , the catalyst that assist such reactions should be taking away.
When you call a man coward, lazy, dirty, u tell him his land does not belong to him , even if it is true ,I wonder how you expect him to view you, with love and respect? Naa! , I dnt think so .
You can punch ur friend and he might laugh it off, u might even slap him and it will end up being solved over a couple of beers, but you poke him in eye! , friendship will be trown into the dustbin .

I didn't even read this. After reading your first sentence and seeing the out right lie and playing victim, I knew the rest is going to follow through.

My answer to your lies, make sure the evidence is not still out.
https://www.nairaland.com/2239278/guber-poll-oba-lagos-reads

Here you go. Compare and contrast on just page 0 alone, how many of your brothers supported and taunted igbos based on the obas stupidity rants to how many igbos insulted him or even how many Yorubas condemn him. After you do so then read the entire thread from beginning to end and redo the same comparison

Mtchewwwww. You people lie no be small to convert una feces.

Btw: this is not all. This is just the first thread that started it all, if I drag all up here, you'll hang your head in shame for outright lie
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by whitecat1: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
I wish I understand the language of an imbecillle like you!
Alfamann:

abeg go siddon. ewu like your op brother. Stop barking and start biting if you can.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by StunningCEO: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

[size=16pt]I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.[/size]

Scatterboss

Superstar1

Desola

Ilugunboy

Gbawe

Jarus

i never knew this eurobomber has sense like this....some pipul neva learn.....azikiwe knows yiboe character.....that is why he left Biafra......gra gra...soon...they lose everything.... grin...imagine being led by hoesissi....the well known viliest woman on d webworld..... grin

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by tdayof(m): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

We are buying it up. If they don't want, the oba should just ask his people to stop selling land to Igbos.
you can buy it up its none of our Biz but it still remains Yoruba territory.
babyosisi:

Tell me of any Igbo man that walked up to a Yoruba man and claimed his house,his wife,his children or any property of his
Show me a single incidence
Instead it is yorubas that dupe Igbos and others constantly in land matters and constitute themselves into agbero groups extorting money from hard working men and women
No be so
I think am done with you most of your thread and talk are based on tribalism.. You even called the oba a fool...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo And Ernest Sonekan / Fashola Lauds Adeleke On Continuation Of Osogbo/ikirun Kwara State Boundary Road / 2019: Eze Madumere & Uche Nwosu's Supporters Clash In Mbaitoli LGA, Many Wounded

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.