Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,269 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27380 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by 7lives: 11:43am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

That is not the point, why are we not shouting into the faces of the northerners that Kano is a no-man's-land since we control the markets there and developing the place? undecided undecided

Your guess is as good as mine. The truth will set you free brother. Hatred and bitterness will lead us nowhere. What wrong have the Yoruba done to us to deserve such hatred for Christs sakes? embarassed

Which market are the Igbos controlling in Kano?, the Sabon garin market and Yankura has fare representation of all tribes, while Singer market where the soul and the economy of Kano and northern Nigeria is, dominated by the Hausa people and don't doubt me because I have actually met some of these big time distributors.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 11:46am On Apr 07, 2015
Stirer101:
[s]

Shut up your smelling mouth, you can only rant and shout online. Come down to Lagos and stop posting jargons from Abj.[/s]
Ofcourse we are in Lagos,we wouldn't miss this stand off for the world especially at our polling unit in Ojo LGA....no be yoruba again?Taa, run away.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by siegfried99(m): 11:51am On Apr 07, 2015
I believe it's with this arrogant attitude displayed, that's why the oba said such things.

Though they are unacceptable, I sincerely apologise on behalf of every Lagosian.

You guys should take a chill pill and stop trying to incite violence which would do u no good. We can only move forward with peace.

Stop calling Lagos a no man's land bcuz even the British didn't say that.

Because Yoruba people are more tolerant than others doesn't make them cowards.

#LetPeaceReign
#WeAreSorryForAkinolu's comments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by cheruv: 11:54am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:

Ichidido, you are only talking rotten beans. Can you even face me if I challenge you even in Ibo-populated areas in Lagos?

Running your mouth wont do any magic. [s]Why not ask your brothers why they fled for the fear of June 12 before spitting rotten beans here? Why didnt they stand and fight Yorubas in Lagos?[/s]

I CAN BET IT you will be nowhere to be found on this forum when the ridicule against your vain boasts of a face-off against Yorubas hits the highs.

June 12 was btwn ofei' and gambaris...the oso abiola nyamiris undertook was to give the belligerents enough room to fight
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
Texcoco:
Ofcourse we are in Lagos,we wouldn't miss this stand off for the world especially at our polling unit in Ojo LGA....no be yoruba again?Taa, run away.
[/s]

Chidera, Shut up your smelling mouth. Fools like you hide far away in your erosion ravaged land and beating chest online. Shame on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
PAINGAIN:
dude make u no fall my hand. Why are u saying sorry to that poster? Did u read what he posted b4 saying sorry? Sorry for what if I may ask? That guy is an igbo hater. Let me ask u, do u know the real reason why xenophobia started in south africa? Its bcus the south africans(the lazy ones) who live in the townships and wait for government grants were being outshined by d foreigners in their land. So they resorted to violence. Lagos was made the capital, igbos came to lagos with nothing and they worked hard to get to where they are today. The zulus have durban, the xhosas have port elizabeth, the vendas have polokwane, the afrikaans have cape town but u'll never hear a south african saying johannesburg belongs to one particular tribe. Lagos is situated in the south west but the yorubas cannot lay claim to lagos bcus its situated there. Tomorrow now hausa people go come say abuja na their own. Ibadan is for d yorubas, lagos is for nigerians, simple. Just like how the south africans started xenophobia, the yorubas have started with threats of violence bcus they can now see that d igbos are beginning to get into lagos politics.pls eurobomber stop embarassing the igbos. I hate violence but pls lagos or abuja and the next capital of nigeria will always b for
nigerians and not to a tribe.
[/s]

Absolute Crap! Why is it wherever you Igbos people go all of a sudden the indigenous people are lazy? When did the SA government start doing things for people there?

You go to the US and call AA lazy, you go to China and call Chinese lazy, you go to Lagos and call Yorubas lazy. While you work hard on criminal activities and nothing else. I personally have never met a professional igbo person in SA. But i won't derail this thread with this
nonsense.

By the way you always have a disgusting line to insult your hosts, in Lagos "its no mans land", in the UK "its our wealth stolen by the British", in South Africa " IT'S PAYBACK TIME" You people are true parasites with big mouth nonsense!

**Modified** I truly respect Yorubas, South Africans do no do talk talk they only know how to knife a big mouth to oblivion and now. They are warriors, you spew all this thrash by morning you are calling for the UN and shouting Xenophobia holding up placards!

But I encourage you, go ahead taunting the Yorubas, the people who only do things when necessary, instead of avoiding necessary no to occur you are here insulting other people from other countries. Mmm, SA Xenophobia will be a child's play to what fedup Yorubas will do to you.

Stupidity kills!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by cheruv: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It will not stop some of us from trying our very best to ask for peace. We will bend low to do it and leave the rest to God.
with this in particular I now know you've lost it..why not ask to be mediator btwn Israel and the Arabs?

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Kassidy90:

God bless you n ur generations to come @Op .
Any Igbo man that have business worth millions in lagos won't pray for show down btw igbos n Yoruba..Moderators please am not teaching u guys ur job but I think a peace promoting thread like this should be on the FP

Stop been sissy!

Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, et al all have businesses worth billions of Naira in Lagos! If and when heaven falls, it will fall down on all of us. Let the man who threatened to drown Igbos in Lagoon make the move and let's see if it's easy to kill a man, let alone a proud, intelligent and resourceful race!

I'll leave Akiolu and other chest beating yoruba with the words of King Leonidas in 300: "The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and that before this battle is over, even a god-king can bleed."

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stirer101:
[s]

Chidera, Shut up your smelling mouth. Fools like you hide far away in your erosion ravaged land and beating chest online. Shame on you[/s].
At a point you say we are in Abuja,at another you rant about erosion ravaged land....make up your mind,confused dumbo.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Charlotte15: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
brize:
Lol, see this confused seth of tribes o (yoruba & hausa) no be una talk say we too like biafra and that we should embrace Nigeria because we are one Nigeria and should not break out... Did we complain? NO!!
.We are now everywhere in Nigeria and seeing ourselves as one Nigeria which you guys preached before though lagos was unfortunate cos we are too many over there and you guys i guess are afraid, and are now telling us to go back to onitsha and Aba, LOL are we not one nigeria again We are not going anywhere, we gonna stay in Nigeria.... IT'S 1 NIGERIA and it suppose to be a no mans land..... Come to onitsha and Aba and other cities to hustle and see if your laziness will allow you do that..

We may be one Nigeria but please don't distort history by claiming that this is no mans land! I want to state that for the sake of Eurobomber who opened this thread I will not take you on. You don't have a monopoly on derogatory terms for Yoruba people. For this reason, mind your language. It would be of an advantage to you to read some history. It won't hurt.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
jumper524:
hausa and yoruba=peace
hausa and igbo= tribalism
yoruba and igbo=fight
igbo and the two= hatered. So who's the problem here?

The rate at which you folks tell blatant lies can be irritating
Yorubas and Hausas are the most violent Nigerians and fight and kill themselves always even right there in Lagos but you hate on Igbos
Jealousy is terrible

There was commotion in Ibadan on Friday when Yoruba and Hausa traders clashed at Bodija Market, leaving at least five people injured while property worth millions of naira were destroyed, according to eyewitness.

Traders fled the market in the aftermath of the clash, leaving their stores open while food stuffs littered the entire market. At the entrance of the market, a commercial bicycle was set ablaze while the owner escaped with minor injuries.

A truck load of food stuffs was also vandalised inside the market. Traders with serious injuries were said to have been quickly taken to the hospital while police vans were stationed at strategic positions.

That was a year and half ago
I guess I don't know what peace is

The crowded Lagos suburb of Idi Araba is still a ghost of its old self—weeks after ethnic violence erupted on its bustling streets. The Feb. 2 clash between two ethnic groups, the Hausa and Yoruba, left 100 people dead and destroyed scores of homes, shops, schools, and markets in Nigeria’s commercial capital.

This was a decade ago
Yorubas fighting everyone
But in their cowardly ways they can't name the people they have issues it

Agiliti, Mile 12, Lagos, erupted in violence that lasted for hours on Monday as some Hausa youths clashed with their Yoruba counterparts.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the clash, which started around 7am, began when some Hausa youths allegedly attempted to dump the corpse of a man they had reportedly slaughtered in the Maidan River.

A man, who declined to give his name, told our correspondent that, “This morning, we were not far from the river when we saw the Hausa youths trying to dump a corpse in the river. We immediately accosted them and demanded to know where they got it from and what happened to the man. The youths told us he was caught during a robbery.

Again ndi agbero fighting Hausas
How is the Igbo man your problem you liars.
I get it,your afraid of them abi

Lagos - Fierce ethnic clashes erupted for a third day running in Nigeria's commercial centre, Lagos, on Tuesday leaving more than 80 people dead and bodies littering the streets.

Police helicopters flew over the Ajegunle area which was the main scene of the fighting as anti-riot policemen poured into the district amid the constant sound of gunfire.

Smoke rose into the sky over Lagos's main Apapa Port area, leading to Ajegunle where dozens of cars and homes were burnt.

The fighting between Nigeria's two largest ethnic groups began on Saturday in the central Nigerian city of Ilorin in a dispute over the naming of a Yoruba traditional ruler for the town.

Police clashed with a Yoruba militant group, the Odua Peoples' Congress (OPC). Police said six people died but the OPC said nine had been killed.

On Sunday, OPC members launched what a senior OPC official said were reprisal attacks on Hausas living in Lagos.

Again I ask how is the Igbo man the Yoruba problem
You seem not to see who you fight.

Internecine fracas breaks out between Yoruba, Hausa in Yaba area of Lagos state, around CAC office near Unilag. 13 persons feared dead.

Details shortly…

Another one
The violent agberos of Nigeria at each other's throat once again

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
Texcoco:
At a point you say we are in Abuja,at another you rant about erosion ravaged land....make up your mind,confused dumbo.
[/s]

Chidera, you are a fool. Who are the "we" you are talking about. I will be wasting my time arguing with you, your rubbish ends on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
PointB:

Stop been sissy!

Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, et al all have businesses worth billions of Naira in Lagos! If and when heaven falls, it will fall down on all of us. Let the man who threatened to drown Igbos in Lagoon make the move and let's see if it's easy to kill a man, let alone a proud, intelligent and resourceful race!

I'll leave Akiolu and other chest beating yoruba with the words of King Leonidas in 300: "The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and that before this battle is over, even a god-king can bleed."
[/s]

Just shut up and stop boring us with your jargons.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
babyosisi:

Yorubas and Hausas are the most violent Nigerians and fight and kill themselves always even right there in Lagos but you hate on Igbos
Jealousy is terrible

This was a decade ago

[/s]

Hoesisi of texas, Welcome.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Kassidy90(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

Stop been sissy!

Yeah, point noted so what next....Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We are sorry. embarassed

you are one very matured man that i respect so much. I hope your brothers will understand and don't start what they can't finish.
in as much as i don't support what the oba said, i also do not support claiming right in another mans land.
In ibo land, your people forget one nigeria but use that slogan in lagos. its well. all i want is peace.

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stirer101:
[s][/s]
Just shut up and stop boring us with your jargons.
Kassidy90:

Yeah, point noted so what next....Mtcheeeew

Why don't you both get out of here if you are unable to make intelligent articulation. Is it by force to post? Or you think this is a paid per post site?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
In Ogun state,same thing
Who are the trouble makers fighting people in their midst
I ask again
When did the Igbo man become Yoruba problem?

A bloody clash between some Hausa and Yoruba in Ibese, Yewa North Local Government of Ogun State on Wednesday claimed the lives of three persons and left no fewer than 30 vehicles burnt.
Our correspondent, who visited the scene of the crisis on Thursday, learnt that the violent clash between the members of the two ethnic groups began on Wednesday night following a disagreement between two unidentified men over a commercial sex worker.
The violence was said to have later escalated and became an inter-tribal crisis.
About 25 articulated vehicles, three cars and five motorcycles were said to have been destroyed in the violence. Also, almost all the shops in the nearby market were reportedly looted.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Jealousy is terrible

This was a decade ago

Another one
The violent agberos of Nigeria at each other's throat once again

Well your point just proves Yorubas are not cowards as your kinsmen say. They just feel sorry for Igbos especially after the civil war. Very considerate people if you ask me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
dhabeautyjas:

you are one very matured man that i respect so much. I hope your brothers will understand and don't start what they can't finish.
in as much as i don't support what the oba said, i also do not support claiming right in another mans land.
In ibo land, your people forget one nigeria but use that slogan in lagos. its well. all i want is peace.

If you want peace, tell your Oba to quit hyperventilating like a demented fellow!! By the way, if anything happens I can assure you Oba Akiolu will be cooling off in some ICC cell, perhaps adjacent to Charles Taylor, only that he'll be doing so without the Oba title he had rubbished with his loquaciousness!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
PointB:

Why don't you both get out of here if you are unable to make intelligent articulation. Is it by force to post? Or you think this is a paid per post site?
[/s]

You are a certified fool.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
In Osun state as usual yorubas are fighting Hausas
But Igbos are the problem?

[b]There was palpable tension in Sabo, a Hausa community in Osogbo, the capital of Osun State on Wednesday as some persons suspected to be hooligans clashed and destroyed property worth millions of naira allegedly belonging to the northerners in the area.

Daily Sun gathered that trouble started in the wee hours of the day when the suspected hooligans allegedly had a misun[/b]derstanding where they were smoking Indian hemp which later degenerated to a major clash.

It was gathered that one of the smokers got angry when another fellow

smoker pointed torchlight on his face, which resulted to an argument.

In the ensuing argument, the torch bearer was attacked by other hoodlums loyal to the smoker who was exposed by the illumination from the torch.

Consequently, the torch bearer was said to have mobilised his caucus who stormed the area in large numbers with dangerous weapons and went berserk. Several people were said to have been injured in the melee.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stirer101:
[s][/s]

You are a certified fool.

Says a one trick pony!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
The day yorubas want to stop their innate hatred of Igbos they will start by admitting that they are a cantekerous bunch
I took time to post examples .
Igbos are not and have never been their problem

If you want Igbos to bow before you and be subservient to you for living in Lagos,you will wait till death
In a land when foreigners from China,Lebanon and India,Ghanaians and Togolese own real estate you want to kill yourself over Igbos?
Ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by siegfried99(m): 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:
[s][/s]

Absolute Crap! Why is it wherever you Igbos people go all of a sudden the indigenous people are lazy? When did the SA government start doing things for people there?

You go to the US and call AA lazy, you go to China and call Chinese lazy, you go to Lagos and call Yorubas lazy. While you work hard on criminal activities and nothing else. I personally have never met a professional igbo person in SA. But i won't derail this thread with this
nonsense.

By the way you always have a disgusting line to insult your hosts, in Lagos "its no mans land", in the UK "its our wealth stolen by the British", in South Africa " IT'S PAYBACK TIME" You people are true parasites with big mouth nonsense!

**Modified** I truly respect Yorubas, South Africans do no do talk talk they only know how to knife a big mouth to oblivion and now. They are warriors, you spew all this thrash by morning you are calling for the UN and shouting Xenophobia holding up placards!

But I encourage you go ahead taunting the Yorubas, the people who only do things where necessary, instead of avoiding necessary no to occur you are here insulting other people from other countries. Mmm, SA Xenophobia will be a child's play to what fedup Yorubas will do to you are.

Stupidity kills!

Please Tell'em

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
PointB:

Says a one trick pony!
[/s]

Says a local dingbat.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

Well your point just proves Yorubas are not cowards as your kinsmen say. They just feel sorry for Igbos especially after the civil war. Very considerate people if you ask me.

No my point proves that Yorubas and Hausas are the most violent Nigerians
Birds of the same plumage
Why the Igbo man scares you sotay your elders are acting like children, is what We are trying to understand

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by EmoBoy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
How do Yoruba's own lagos?
Will Yoruba's own lagos in the next 100 years?
If Lagos is made a federal capital tomorrow and an Igbo man is made FCT minister for Lagos, what will you lot do?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Why the Igbo man scares you sotay your elders are acting like children, is what We are trying to understand

Well they can't be violent and be cowards at same time, lets be logical here. They've been called cowards everywhere on this forum even in this thread if one would count cowards has been mentioned more than 100 times on this thread only.

By the way I am not a Yoruba but a bystander who also think Igbos are really pushing their mouth a little to far.

**modified** btw I don't think their elders are scared they are just fedup of their spewing thrash day in day out without consequences while enjoy their hospitality.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by LagosStar: 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

You no dey tire? The way you wear this tribalist garment with pride like say there is something good about it.

My elders say, they are calling you a mad woman and you still dey vomit on your body....

Abeg kontinu... nothing do you.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by LagosStar: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
EmoBoy:
How do Yoruba's own lagos?
Will Yoruba's own lagos in the next 100 years?
If Lagos is made a federal capital tomorrow and an Igbo man is made FCT minister for Lagos, what will you lot do?

Ode. The same way Igbos own Onitsha and Aba. Or are those also no man's land?

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Iykopee(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
How i wish i reside in Lagos state. I will vote JK and wait for the ex egunje olopa sanguine to do his worst. Arrant nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari's Family At The State House (Throwback Photo) / Don’t Vote For Atiku In 2019, Adamawa Crown Prince Tells Electorates / Father Festus Ezeamaka Attacked By IPOB (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.