Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,164 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27375 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

It is your Oba that is threatening violence to peaceful men that paid him a courtesy visit.

Keep ranting here on NL....I have more pressing matter to attend to.

8 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 11:05am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

But Fashola also deported his fellow Yorubas and other ethnic groups and they did not bring down heaven, why was our own different?

Because we are simply unique. We value our freedom unlike others. We are one united people unlike others. We are a proud people unlike others. Don't compare us to them.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2015
ilugunboy:

Keep ranting here on NL....I have more pressing matter to attend to.

Like filling the scar marks on your face?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Let him keep prostrating,he will soon become the first sacrificial victim to the Lagoon,he will be the scapegoat when the cowards are looking to vent their anger....Let him go and look for his unborn children there. '

Dont worry. That is just No 1 of your sensible brothers doing the needful.

...By the time the senseless like you join them, the sensible ones like EUROBOMBER will mock your senseless ones for drowning foolishly in the Lagoon.

Igbos escaping SouthWest since 1993. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Because we are simply unique. We value our freedom unlike others. We are one united people unlike others. We are a proud people unlike others. Don't compare us to them.

Nothing is worse than self-deception, keep deceiving yourself.

9 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by luvmijeje(f): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
You are so naive like Aguiyi-ironsi,t[b]is people like you that will bear the backlash,not igbos who are alert and ready.Fyi,Akiolu statement will be acted upon in some capacity or the other whether Ambode wins or not unless we stand our ground and look them in the face after exercising our democratic rights ....If you want to live with them in peace from here on now then sacrifice one of your own to the lagoon.[/b]

How is Igbo alert and ready? Rather this issue will raise unnecessary high level of resentment which if not checkmate will lead
to unrest. As someone said we all have friends, neighbours and colleagues who are Igbos....we all don't need this.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by omazus: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2015
And your stupid head has failed to understand that every single IGBO man is equal to your OBA. Why not ask your OBA to respect that first.
CaptainAmerica1:
Bless you!

Also tell your brothers that you don't threaten an Oba! Try and always respect the tradition of the community

Let's live in peace
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by cheruv: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:

This nails it on the point. You are wise Bro.

Curtailing the political ambitions of Ibos in Lagos by removing them from sensitive positions will do the job of ensuring a peaceful coexistence as you'v said. In addition, instituting a regional policy of ''..can vote BUT cant be voted for..'' against non-Yorubas in SouthWest will sum up a great move that will correct the situation on ground. I also dont wish for unnecessary hostilities against hosts in Yorubaland. Yorubas are peaceful and we still want to keep that pride.
instead of placing those restrictions I think we should go our separate ways kos there's nothing one in Nigeria. despite my antagonism towards the Ofei' people, I believe they're a great nation that can survive alone.RBL is sensitizing our people on the need for independence and I think Odua radio should the same
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

[s]Like filling the scar marks on your face?[/s]
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Nothing is worse than self-deception, keep deceiving yourself.

This deception that put two of my people as lawmakers in Lagos state is a deception I can live with.

Your grovelling will only make you a footstool for foolish people.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

This deception that put two of my people as lawmakers in Lagos state is a deception I can live with.

Your grovelling will only make you a footstool for foolish people.

Posterity will judge between you & I who truly loves our people.

Nuff said.

6 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by SWDude: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Not while one nigeria is still existing. It's either we have our Biafra or we dominate you. And you lost the opportunity of the first choice. You now how have to live with the second.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by cheruv: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2015
jumper524:
hausa and yoruba=peace
hausa and igbo= tribalism
yoruba and igbo=fight
igbo and the two= hatered. So who's the problem here?
yet yoloba and hausa fought for 30months to keep Igbos with them..wasn't that stupidity?

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:14am On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

According to your write-up, Igbo sins include:

So according to your Ifeanyi Uba and Jimi Agbaje both conspire to sin against yoruba on behalf of Igbo! And their aggressiveness against the peace loving yoruba is summed up in those childless banter captured above? For these reasons every Igboman must bow and genuflect before every yoruba for peace to reign?

I thought you were going to talk about Igbo cattle herders sacking a Yoruba community? Or Igbos killing scores of Yorubas in markets? Or Igbo raping and killing hundreds of Yoruba girls as they rampage a yoruba traditional festival.

But somehow, you aggregated a series of non-issue and elevate it to life-threatening to the point of opening a thread to prostrate to every yoruba you meet online, and urging the rest of your kinsmen to follow suit! Guy, you are taking your new found love too far!

As a matter of fact, I'm going to repeat some of those phrase again! And I make bold to say,

"Lagos is No Man's Land"
"Igbos develop Lagos"
"Igbo will determine who will rule Lagos"

Now let any angry yoruba man go and jump into Lagos lagoon; Igbo are not cowed nor do they cower! Arrant nonsense!!

A good response to a pathetic article. He even included comments by Agbaje as some kind of sin of Igbos and gone ahead to belittle his tribe. The poor lad needs a good dose of self-respect. A brain-dead, crude tout that calls himself an Oba threatens his people's existence and he's here ranting about Igbos.

I had no interest in the winner of the Lagos elections because it's the typical campaign without substance, but I sincerely pray Agbaje wins now. I'll like to see the humiliation on the face of our delusional, self-important, agbero Oba and his dim minions when they realize they're worthless, irrelevant, and their hilarious idle threats mean nothing. Maybe he'll throw himself into the Lagoon - or help himself to the bountiful supply of otapiapia.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 11:15am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:

[s]
Since occassion didnt call for it?....... Oh boy, this punk here is one hell of a sissy.

TRUTH IS, you will vote, WE WILL RIG YOUR VOTES, and there aint taka you will do about it. While you all keep crying like the sissies you are, we will keep stepping on your toes till you burst out that violence you all want. Then will we show you how we can be intelligent and at the same time be beasts that will crush you ruthlessly if you allow for violence. I very sure ICC will not even listen to your whinings when we stick the heads of one of your Ohanaeze cheifs on a pole in your Ibo-populated areas for you all to see.

I see many senseless Igbos drowning in the Lagoon after Saturday.......in the voice of the King. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[/s]
Relax,we have card readers.Tis out of thieffnubu's hands now....Igbos will vote in their hundreds of thousands for their man.Win or lose,we stand ready to waste any riff raff who tries more than his cowardly trait....The call is out already, everone is ready incensed and motivated even it is everywhere in media.Boys are breaking out weapon caches waiting for the first arsonist to blow away....An Eye for eye,a tooth for a tooth.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:

[s]
Dont worry. That is just No 1 of your sensible brothers doing the needful.

...By the time the senseless like you join them, the sensible ones like EUROBOMBER will mock your senseless ones for drowning foolishly in the Lagoon.

Igbos escaping SouthWest since 1993. grin grin [/s]
Haaahaa,look at this small lady with her running mouth...Haahaaa. We will butcher any and every coward bagga who comes across our lane,the call is out already.Weapons are amassing,we have done it before,we will do it again...Lagos remain no man's land.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 11:23am On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
Texcoco:
That is the point we are saying.the only buffer to their hate and discrimination is the fear of the igbos,the fear of our pride and once that pride is stung and nothing is done or we humble ourselves,it further emboldens them to do more,maybe start with you.Btw,whoever gave you that crap about stolen properties?? Til today Ojukwu's family are still fightin Lagos state into reclaiming their father's houses,Did you not read about igbos caught out in Lagos during the war who were summarily executed as alleged spies?? Forget the 20£ insult for another topic.....We are saying a stand off brings in mutual respect from otherwise two hostile parties and any form of weakness (like you are blatantly displaying) exhibited by one party is ruthlessly exploited by the other.Read your history.US/North Korea....Nazi Germany/British Empire,US/Japanese Empire......Rome/Carthage etc
[/s]

Ichidodo, You have been making mouth online but you are truly the coward. You fools are known for chest beating online, yet Hausa people kill you like Suyah. Fulani kill you easily and you see them as brave people. You see Yoruba as coward cos they ignore all una childish rants, Ohaneze fools are known for useless ultimatum, they should cause trouble when there rubbish ultimatum lapse.

10 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 11:25am On Apr 07, 2015
luvmijeje:

How is Igbo alert and ready? Rather this issue will raise unnecessary high level of resentment which if not checkmate will lead
to unrest. As someone said we all have friends, neighbours and colleagues who are Igbos....we all don't need this.
You wouldn't know of the intense mobilizations behind the scenes right now but just get it in good authority that small arms proliferation in igbo areas in the past 24 hours have gone at an all time high and by thursday most will have come back from the easter.....we shudder to think of what they will come with.Tis so unfortunate it had to come to this but Akiolu's word must be rubbished and his enforcers wasted.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Relax,we have card readers.Tis out of thieffnubu's hands now....Igbos will vote in their hundreds of thousands for their man.Win or lose,we stand ready to waste any riff raff who tries more than his cowardly trait....The call is out already, everone is ready incensed and motivated even it is everywhere in media.Boys are breaking out weapon caches waiting for the first arsonist to blow away....An Eye for eye,a tooth for a tooth.

How about we bet a deal, just me and you?

If any of our candidate loses and no violence erupts, let there be an agreement that you will declare yourself a bastard if Ibos dont come out to attack Yorubas should Ambode win on Saturday. Such declaration will be made public 3 days after the election on the same forum as we follow each other. So will it go for me if Ambode loses.

Can you even take this my challenge? ...I guess the fear of calling yourself a bastard with your own words will never allow you do such.

Shior. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Haaahaa,look at this small lady with her running mouth...Haahaaa. We will butcher any and every coward bagga who comes across our lane,the call is out already.Weapons are amassing,we have done it before,we will do it again...Lagos remain no man's land.

Your senseless rants are ignored from now on. You have proven that Ndigbo is nothing but a set of empty entities who cant back their words. That has been vindicated when i challenged you.

Please quote me no more if you still deem it fit to photocopy the actions of your runaway leader in 1996 by running from my challenge. cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by 7lives: 11:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Your land is not a no man's land but lagos state is.

"The love of Lagos is the root of all failure" this reminds me of how a certain warlord and his army lost a war that was already won, simply because he wants to add lagos to his long list of conquest.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Stirer101:
[s]

Ichidodo, You have been making mouth online but you are truly the coward. You fools are known for chest beating online, yet Hausa people kill you like Suyah. Fulani kill you easily and you see them as brave people. You see Yoruba as coward cos they ignore all una childish rants, Ohaneze fools are known for useless ultimatum, they should cause trouble when there rubbish ultimatum lapse. [/s]
You're so naive that you don't see Ohaneze youth's quest for time to hurry collatting your numbers in the east...haahhaaah...The numbers to drown in the River Niger...haahhaahaa.We fight you in lagos and sacrifice your kin in the east.Go figure...
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 11:32am On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
Texcoco:
[/s]

Chidera, keep making mouth online. You are no where near Lagos but shouting here like a deranged dog. You are truly cursed.

7 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by kendrick9(m): 11:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Iykopee:
I reside in PH. Authoritatively i can state that no yoruba man nor their tribe has been threatened to elimination by any monarch in Rivers state for choosing to vote their choiced candidate.

Currently, the chairman of Rivers state environmental sanitation authority is a yoruba man appointed by Amaechi. The commissioner of commerce and industry is deltan, yet indigenes of Rivers state didnt threaten the yoruba tribe nor deltans to elimination. We have some wards where non indigene cud contest for elective positions, nobody is threatening hell. So what makes it right for the oba to threaten the igbos to elimination for simply choosing to vote a yoruba man not even igbo?
Lagos is still part of Nigeria and whoever that doesn't like igbos preferred voting choice in a democracy shud do his worst..
this.. u are spot on
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 11:36am On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
Texcoco:
You're so naive that you don't see Ohaneze youth's quest for time to hurry collatting your numbers in the east...haahhaaah...The numbers to drown in the River Niger...haahhaahaa.We fight you in lagos and sacrifice your kin in the east.Go figure...
[/s]

Shut up your smelling mouth, you can only rant and shout online. Come down to Lagos and stop posting jargons from Abj.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 11:36am On Apr 07, 2015
Stirer101:
[s]

Chidera, keep making mouth online. You are no where near Lagos but shouting here like a deranged dog. You are truly cursed.[/s]
Don't be afraid,we will spare peaceful yorubas but waste the stubborn ones acting on Akiolu's directives...Don't join them.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by siegfried99(m): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2015
SWDude:

Who cares about Biafra? Same non-intelligence Ibos have been exibiting. I won't bother to school.

Please don't mind them.. most of them have a short memory of the events of that time.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Charlotte15: 11:39am On Apr 07, 2015
brize:
.With all due respect, i disagree
with most of the things you
said here,
I will try to answer some of
your questions, but before I do,
let me remind you that Lagos
was a state capital and was
developed with Nigerians
money, so it belongs to all of
us, Lagos will not be what it is
today if not for all our efforts.
[color=#006600][/color]
Nigeria should develop Enugu
as much as they developed
Abuja and Lagos and let's see if
we would not move back home,
give us an international airport
and a standard seaport
*Kano is not called a no mans
land because it was not once a
state capital,
Let me ask you,
*how would you feel if
someone wakes up tomorrow
and start telling you that Abuja
belongs to his father or grand
father ?

You are wrong in so far as you failed to recognise that there were settlers in Lagos even before the English came. This seat of the Oba was respected by the colonial masters when they were here. The fact that Lagos state was a capital does still not mean that there were no indigenous people here before the ibos and other tribes came. If that is your argument do you think there are no indigenous people in Abuja too. You should appreciate the hospitality of Yoruba people especially lagosians.

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Kassidy90(m): 11:39am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

[size=16pt]I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.[/size]

Scatterboss

Superstar1

Desola

Ilugunboy

Gbawe

Jarus
God bless you n ur generations to come @Op .
Any Igbo man that have business worth millions in lagos won't pray for show down btw igbos n Yoruba..Moderators please am not teaching u guys ur job but I think a peace promoting thread like this should be on the FP

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We are sorry. embarassed
This humility of yours seems too good to be true. Unless Nigeria divides along the three major ethnic lines, thereby prompting the mass exodus of non-indigenes from exile, we will never appreciate our co-existence. South-West will survive without oil, though offshore oil is there; SS and SE will also survive but the hard way; North, too, will not die of hunger but may lag behind for years. My brother's wife is an Igbo; her three sons are like the apples of my eyes -- I believe Ndi Igbo in Lagos embark on hate campaign due to childishness. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Stirer101: 11:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Don't be afraid,we will spare peaceful yorubas but waste the stubborn ones acting on Akiolu's directives...Don't join them.

Why will i be afraid of fl.atties? cheesy cheesy cheesy Continue ranting online while your kinsmen will face the consequence in Lag, you are hiding in Abj but posting trash and inciting people with your words. Continue

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by brize(m): 11:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Charlotte15:

You are wrong in so far as you failed to recognise that there were settlers in Lagos even before the English came. This seat of the Oba was respected by the colonial masters when they were here. The fact that Lagos state was a capital does still not mean that there were no indigenous people here before the ibos and other tribes came. If that is your argument do you think there are no indigenous people in Abuja too. You should appreciate the hospitality of Yoruba people especially lagosians.
Lol, see this confused seth of tribes o (yoruba & hausa) no be una talk say we too like biafra and that we should embrace Nigeria because we are one Nigeria and should not break out... Did we complain? NO!!
.We are now everywhere in Nigeria and seeing ourselves as one Nigeria which you guys preached before though lagos was unfortunate cos we are too many over there and you guys i guess are afraid, and are now telling us to go back to onitsha and Aba, LOL are we not one nigeria again We are not going anywhere, we gonna stay in Nigeria.... IT'S 1 NIGERIA and it suppose to be a no mans land..... Come to onitsha and Aba and other cities to hustle and see if your laziness will allow you do that..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration / Military Jet Hovers Over National Assembly / Lockdown: Lai Mohammed To Journalists "Your ID Card Is Your Pass"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.