Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? (18623 Views)

Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by aderonila18: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2015
Jimi messed up big time, many Yorubas now refer to him as a bastard. A man who gangs up with outsiders is despised by Yorubas and we will show him pepper at the polls grin

12 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by gaussy(m): 9:59am On Apr 11, 2015
Amboo ooo amboo...abeg 100 likes for Ambode jor....JK is not OK.

16 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

The oba blew Ambode's chance and not Jimi's.You are very cunningly stupid to open this thread and try to blame Jimi for the oba's gaffe
I have blamed jimi for his bad handling the crisis and not for the oba's statement.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Thanks.

You never touched the salient point.

Let me help you.

APC rebuffs the Igbos by denying them any political post aside one cabinet appointment.

APC believe that Igbos are second class citizens.

On the contrary, PDP gave Igbos the opportunity to represent the interest of their constituencies.

PDP believe Lagos State is a home for all Nigerians irrespective of race, tribe or political orientation.

The stroke that broke the Camel's back is not Akiolu's outrage but the cause of the outrage which is that Igbos through PDP got five seats at National Assembly to represent their constituencies thereby annoying almost all the entire Yoruba race with few exception.

Based on the above and forgoing predictions on change in political structures in Lagos State, the Oba Akiolu has to champion the message to those he perceived as anti-establishment in Lagos State.

What is happening in Lagos State is a leap in democracy where demographic changes determine the new political map.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by pat077: 10:01am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Thanks for clearing this up
u can now see dat d oba need brain alignment.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by twosquare(m): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Even if Buhari contests under Kowa party the abokis will vote overwhelmingly for him.Do not make a mistake of thinking that will extend to gubernatorial election
I laughed in swahili....really? Really? Really?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by taharqa: 10:03am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Honestly jimi had everything working for him after the oba's statement, the obanikoro and bode george in him blew it.

How did Jimi blow it??
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

I have blamed jimi for his bad handling the crisis and not for the oba's statement.
What exactly do you mean by Jimi's bad handling of the crisis?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You never touched the salient point.

Let me help you.

APC rebuffs the Igbos by denying them any political post aside one cabinet appointment.

APC believe that Igbos are second class citizens.

On the contrary, PDP gave Igbos the opportunity to represent the interest of their constituencies.

PDP believe Lagos State is a home for all Nigerians irrespective of race, tribe or political orientation.

The stroke the broke the Camel's back is not Akiolu's outrage but the cause of the outrage which is that Igbos through PDP got five seats at National Assembly to represent their constituencies thereby annoying almost all the entire Yoruba race with few exception.

Based on the above and forgoing predictions on change in political structures in Lagos State, the Oba Akiolu has to champion the message to those he perceived as anti-establishment in Lagos State.

What is happening in Lagos State is a leap in democracy where demographic changes determine the new political map.

Name one pdp state where a non indigent holds a cabinet post. The spokesperson of the apc in lagos is igbo.
Take your lies elsewhere.

14 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by taharqa: 10:06am On Apr 11, 2015
pat077:
i just don't know why some people keep blaming jimi for d oba's folly.

It is just astonishing!!

Just goes to show the hypocrisy of these APC clowns

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 11, 2015
@op
I like your cunny style shaa but it is not going to work. Can you just reproduce the exact line of Jimi's statement where you think he mishandled the situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 11, 2015
pat077:
u can now see dat d oba need brain alignment.
cheesy cheesy, comments like this is why jimi is losing.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Please stop blaming JK and blame APC that is courting the Igbos and wearing their outfits and yet are not ready to integrate them into the main stream of Lagos State politics because of ethnocentric reason notwithstanding the demographic changes.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by taharqa: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
@op
I like your cunny style shaa but it is not going to work. Can you just reproduce the exact line of Jimi's statement where you think he mishandled the situation

I really want to know too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 11, 2015
taharqa:

How did Jimi blow it??
He should have played smart by focusing on his campaign, rather than taking sides. Yorubas i know feel irritated and more igbos seem to have forgiven and even campaigned for the apc candidate.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

I heard this about gej too just 2 weeks ago, we can only wait and see.

And what happened to GEJ in the South West?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by oluwafemi113(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2015
Nice write up
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

What exactly do you mean by Jimi's bad handling of the crisis?
Jimi should have focused on his campaign and not allow obanikoro and co push him into riding the ethnic horse.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Name one pdp state where a non indigent holds a cabinet post. The spokesperson of the apc in lagos is igbo.

Tell me one State where non indigenes make up 65% of its citizens in Nigeria or elsewhere in the world then I will show you the same trend.

Remember, it's Lagos State government statistics that put the number of supposedly migrants at 65%

Don't forget, in Nigerian, Population attracts 50% Revenue Allocation from Federation Account hence stop being myopic and embrace change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Name another state in Nigeria with similar demography to Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by taharqa: 10:15am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

He should have played smart by focusing on his campaign, rather than taking sides. Yorubas i know feel irritated and more igbos seem to have forgiven and even campaigned for the apc candidate.

How did he take sides?? Was it in his statements- audio, video or written.

Be specific abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
@op
I am not even pushing for anything to work, that was why i waited till today before opening this thread. I believe everyone has his mind made up.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Madam please permit me to say you are extremely stu.pid.So he should not have released any statement after people were threatened with death for wanting to vote for him? Do you have any grey matter inside that numbskull of yours? The gentleman did not even cast aspersions on the royal fool but just asked his supporters not to be intimidated yet you are saying he mishandled the situation. What should he have done? Applaud the royal twerp?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by taharqa: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Jimi should have focused on his campaign and not allow obanikoro and co push him into riding the ethnic horse.

How did he do this, Plzzz...

Be specific. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2015
oluwafemi113:
Nice write up
Thanks
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Clerverly: 10:19am On Apr 11, 2015
Just got accredited now, the Yorubas are really angry with Jimi! The result will start flying in few hours time!

13 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by tollu: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Jimi is loving the attention, Jimi's "selection" at the primaries is also an indictment on his dangerous ambition.
Below is a thread where it was shown that the Oba also uttered similar remarks in December, against Yoruba guest this time.

PDP has just blown the recent Oba's comments waaaaay out of proportion and they are riding the waves to its crest. I pray they fail.

https://www.nairaland.com/2249356/oba-akiolu-curse-undeserved-against

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2015
taharqa:

How did he do this, Plzzz...

Be specific. Thanks

Jimi Agbaje : 'Push APC into Atlantic Ocean,' PDP governorship
candidate tells Igbos

Just one of his many errors

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 11, 2015
Clerverly:
Just got accredited now, the Yorubas are really angry with Jimi! The result will start flying in few hours time!
Honestly i can't wait to start reading results.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by udemzyudex(m): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

There was an Apc primary.

smh.... Primary indeed.

When the Oba has already choosen him?

We all know that fashola never wanted to pick ambode,oba and Tinubu influence the decision to pick ,so what are u saying?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by taharqa: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Jimi Agbaje : 'Push APC into Atlantic Ocean,' PDP governorship
candidate tells Igbos

Just one of his many errors

So how does 'push APC into the Atlantic Ocean' in a political rally constitute alienating Yorubas?? How does it constitute playing tribal politics??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by udemzyudex(m): 10:28am On Apr 11, 2015
Clerverly:

you mean your fellow APC memebers? Anyway it's a normal thing...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“We Want Grazing Reserves In The North Only” - Tambuwal / The 40+ Historical Issues Tackled By The Buhari Government By Zara Gift Onyinye / Osinbajo's Speech As He Visits Plateau State, Promises 10 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.