Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? (18619 Views)

Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by homesteady(m): 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Obama was smart enough not to get into the racist debate, something jimi failed to do and could work against him.

Maybe I've not been following the story well, but I've not read or seen where JK was turning the Igbos against the Yorubas!
If he said they should push APC to the lagoon, it does not mean they should push Yoruba people into the lagoon, because I know APC is not a Yoruba party!

I remember reading that Ambo also expressed his disappointment with the Oba words, so why is nobody saying that he is turning the Igbos against the Oba?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
homesteady:

Maybe I've not been following the story well, but I've not read or seen where JK was turning the Igbos against the Yorubas!
If he said they should push APC to the lagoon, it does not mean they should push Yoruba people into the lagoon, because I know APC is not a Yoruba party!

I remember reading that Ambo also expressed his disappointment with the Oba words, so why is nobody saying that he is turning the Igbos against the Oba?

Jimi made a fantastic statements hours after the oba's statement and he should have left it there. Like i said earlier Obama never dared trying to play with the race argument because it will backfire, i see jimi losing out for this reason.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Controlled(f): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Obiagelli, we need people like you in government!

Your analysis is incisive, astute, very sober and illuminating!

If JK had hired you, APC would have been in big trouble. Thank God he didn't!

If indeed obiageli is ibo...then I must say she is a rare gem. Her analysis is usually spot on without ever getting into the gutter like me for example...... grin I consider her one of the best posters on NL political section.

13 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
Controlled:

If indeed obiageli is ibo...then I must say she is a rare gem. Her analysis is usually spot on without ever getting into the gutter like me for example...... grin I consider her one of the best posters on NL political section.
Thanks, i am first of all Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by homesteady(m): 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Jimi blew it because he became desperate and overplayed the ethnic card! If he had handled the situation as a statesman, he would have become a formidable rallying point!

When the rhetorics became fiery, he could have acted to pacify the two sides, but he didn't. Instead, he rode on the outrage of the Igbos and unintentionally alienated some of his kinsmen who now regard him with suspicion.

Now the election is no more about issues, and that is where he blew it!

How did JK overblow the issue? did he go up and down rallying the Igbos against the Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by cheruv: 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
luvmijeje:

grin grin grin paper warrior ke? Well, you and I are both paper warrior.... we are both mouthed.

Seriously, my love for JK went way back but he has turned me off
shocked shocked shocked
this one he turned you off..did he ve bizzare sexual fantasies?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by adekzy: 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You never touched the salient point.

Let me help you.

APC rebuffs the Igbos by denying them any political post aside one cabinet appointment.

APC believe that Igbos are second class citizens.

On the contrary, PDP gave Igbos the opportunity to represent the interest of their constituencies.

PDP believe Lagos State is a home for all Nigerians irrespective of race, tribe or political orientation.

T[b]he stroke that broke the Camel's back is not Akiolu's outrage but the cause of the outrage which is that Igbos through PDP got five seats at National Assembly to represent their constituencies thereby annoying almost all the entire Yoruba race with few exception[/b].

Based on the above and forgoing predictions on change in political structures in Lagos State, the Oba Akiolu has to champion the message to those he perceived as anti-establishment in Lagos State.

What is happening in Lagos State is a leap in democracy where demographic changes determine the new political map.

Point of correction, PDP won just 4 sit and only 2 are igbo, one from Isolo and the other from Ajegunle, while the third is an Iroboh indigene, while the last is a Yoruba PdP, the last sit was Won by Accord Party *A former APC strongman* in Illupeju/Mushin consistency.

Therefore, always get your fact right!

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:
This is the first time i will be commenting on the speech by the oba of lagos, to the average person or mind, it is a ridiculous statement, but looking at it from a political lense, it has become a case of the more you look, the less you see.

The Pdp
The oba's statements to the best of my understanding was not a public one, it was deliberately leaked by agents who taught it could be used to the advantage of the pdp's candidate in lagos since there is not religious cards to be played, ethnic card shocked they jumped at it. (they never learn)

The Apc
The apc was thrown into disarray, they momentum of winning at the center had suffered a setback, while many rushed to denounce the statement, the strategists saw and opportunity and they helped LOUD to music (forgive my english)

The Igbos
As expected, they were mad at the statement and rightly so, they also didn't fail to overblow it. It is expected that the igbos will give 90% of there votes to the pdp but something amazing happened in the last few days, i have seen more igbos (influential leaders) sit at the same tables with Apc chiefs (this would never have happened without this crisis) i have seen many igbo leaders accept apologies and even endorsed the Apc candidate. I have seen igbos in Apc wears and campaign buses around ladipo and alaba.

The yorubas
We expected the yorubas to give 40- 30% of their votes to jimi agbaje because a lot of them had chosen to vote the Apc at the center and the pdp in lagos, like it or not jimi is also yoruba BUT the tide has turned, the direct attacks on their Oba and the claim that lagos is no man's land coupled with jimi's overly courting the igbos at their detriment has irritated a lot of them. The yorubas won't do a shouting match, they act with a devastating bile (ask gej)

Jimi Agbaje
Agbaje also played to the gallery by making silly statements rather than being gentlemanly since the ball was in his court, he displayed obvious influence from bode George and obanikoro, this is not the jimi we know but the god's father push.

Obiagelli
I am indifferent to both candidates, as my fanatic support for the apc does not go beyond buhari and maybe elrufai and fashola. I can't wait to see the results.

VOTE NOT FIGHT.
This lady is intelligent...grease to ur elbows!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by homesteady(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Jimi made a fantastic statements hours after the oba's statement and he should have left it there. Like i said earlier Obama n ever dared trying to play with the race argument because it will backfire, i see jimi losing out for this reason.

I've been thinking about this issue for a while now, and I came to a conclusion that this wahala reached this extent because the 2 tribes hate each other! Simple!!!!!!!!
And innocent JK is somehow going to pay the price!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by boladeen(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
According to you yorubas act with a devastating bile ask GEJ. Can you remind me again what was the margin of APC's Victory in the SW after making the loudest noise. APC won the elections because of the votes from the north and not because of the sw.
Wao! U get brain so? South westerner serves as neutralizer; they neutralizes all d fvcking votes from some of SE and SS, they gave GMB d much needed 25% and won virtually all d sw states for him except the rice-ING ppl. (Ekiti). The northern states only serves as fatality.Perhaps u didn't remember dat sw voted GEJ in 2011 and claimed d desired victory for him even without a meaningful victory from north. Wake up!!!

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Thanks, i am first of all Nigerian.

No, an APC spin machine.

APC are full of ethnocentric playmakers.
Can you imagine beating a child and gluing his mouth to avoid neighbours hearing his cry.

APC and Yorubas are mad that Igbos were offered opportunity in PDP and it paid off. The monopoly of political powers (democracy) by the Southwesterners in Lagos State has been shredded in history books

All these lamentations are distractions

Next, we are waiting for the announcement of number of HOR won by non Southwesterners.

How many Igbo have APC nominated as councilmen in wards they dominate considering that democracy is government of, for, and by the people?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
homesteady:

I've been thinking about this issue for a while now, and I came to a conclusion that this wahala reached this extent because the 2 tribes hate each other! Simple!!!!!!!!
And innocent JK is somehow going to pay the price!
You are not far from the truth but it could have played nicely for Jimi if stayed on his first reaction. Like i said initially, i am indifferent about the guber pols, i like jimi but i hate his party and the party influence just played out on him. I wish lagos the best though.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

No, an APC spin machine.

APC are full of ethnocentric playmakers.
Can you imagine beating a child and gluing his mouth to avoid neighbours hearing his cry.

APC and Yorubas are mad that Igbos were offered opportunity in PDP and it paid off. The monopoly of political powers (democracy) by the Southwesterners in Lagos State has been shredded in history books

All these lamentations are distractions

Next, we are waiting for the announcement of number of HOR won by non Southwesterners.
Lol @ spin machine. I would like to see what the pdp offers igbos should they win. I thought it was deputy governor last year.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
otingy:
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by tmotmo: 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ode carry your frustration go face your were oba and leave me alone
Are you that pained?

Just take this advice for your health.

Go and vote Ambode for Progress grin grin grin grin grin

#Sai Ambo ooooo, atide
#Vote APC and don't be a terrible loser

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Lol @ spin machine. I would like to see what the pdp offers igbos should they win. I thought it was deputy governor last year.

They have already offered enough for a start.

Remember, six are representing Lagos State on PDP and Accord party platform in National Assembly. Had PDP or Accord party denied them such platform, there wouldn't be any PDP or Accord party National Assembly Representative from Lagos State as a result of motivation

This is a political theory APC should key into to avoid being swept away by demography in new Lagos State political map.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by tmotmo: 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
otingy:
Yes Obiagelli is.
I can now donate my precious kisses for her on this site.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked(just 20)

The kisses valid till May 29, 2015. grin grin grin grin grin

Jokes apart, I give kudos for her positive and intelligent contributions.

All the Same,

#Vote for APC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Scatterboss(m): 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ode carry your frustration go face your were oba and leave me alone

Shameless goat, you are the frustrated one here with all your rants. You will be disgraced again today just like 2 weeks ago. Arindin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by honeric01(m): 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
pat077:
i just don't know why some people keep blaming jimi for d oba's folly.

But Ambode and APC can be blamed?

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by bbeckky: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
smiley
Mynd44:

I don't really care about the guber polls.

I was for #GEJout and we delivered

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by VolvoS60(m): 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
Interesting thread.

Time and time again, the OP has been asked to provide evidence that mr agbaje played 'tribal politics', 'blew it', 'mishandled the crisis' etc. and each time the OP has failed to deliver.

The OP made some unusual claims and assertions on this thread. I expected the thread to degenerate into a fiery ethnic shitstorm but I was more than surprised to see how those random assertions and claims were calmly picked apart and torn to pieces by some posters on here. No fuss. Just facts. Those posters should keep it up (you know yourselves) and keep it civil.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by VolvoS60(m): 1:36pm On Apr 11, 2015
modath:

You are wrong, it was a pre planned covert recording and the perpetrators achieved their aim but unfortunately it will all be for nothing.

^^^^
What do you mean by 'a pre planned covert recording'?!! undecided

There was a television crew and camera in full view as he made the statements. You can clearly see the NTA mic in front. What is covert about that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
adekzy:

Point of correction, PDP won just 4 sit and only 2 are igbo, one from Isolo and the other from Ajegunle, while the third is an Iroboh indigene, while the last is a Yoruba PdP, the last sit was Won by Accord Party *A former APC strongman* in Illupeju/Mushin consistency.

Therefore, always get your fact right!

PDP won 5 seats, accord 1 you should be the one to get your facts right

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Just voted for Jk we are good to go

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Just voted for Jk we are good to go
Please post final results from your polling unit, not like barcanista that ran away 2wks ago

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by fr3do(m): 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

You are not far from the truth but it could have played nicely for Jimi if stayed on his first reaction. Like i said initially, i am indifferent about the guber pols, i like jimi but i hate his party and the party influence just played out on him. I wish lagos the best though.

State in clear terms how Agbaje spoilt his chances.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Mynd44: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
fr3do:

State in clear terms how Agbaje spoilt his chances.
You guys don't understand how deep this is. I condemned the Oba's statement like everyone else and it should have ended but then the PDP started saying dumb things.

Ifeanyi Ubah said he made 2 people HOR members "On in their state". Continued use of the term "no man's land" and then there was the attacks on the Oba.

As much as everyone had stood against the Oba, Ambode and Agbaje should have too. Agbaje has always been about tribe. Remember when he was begging Igbos not to go home for Easter?
Remember when he was saying the APC has neglected the Igbos?
Remember when he said if we don't vote GEJ, we will be attacked by militants?

Then the PDP went on social media, Afenifere said crap, Obanikoro followed, Bode George too and the list went on until comments like "Agbaje will dethrone Akinolu" and "Agbaje will promote the Eze Ndigbo to the level of the Oba" sprang up.

As much as the Oba was condemned, you need to manage how you reply him. People might have ignored him but PDP supporters turned it into an all Yoruba thing and it blew up.

Agbaje might win today, Ambode might win. Personally, I don't care who does, I have always been a #GEJout person and we delivered that but Agbaje gained a point with the Oba's comment and lost it when they tried to make the Oba's comment a representation of all Yoruba's.

The incident was not managed well

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by clemzo101(m): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ur post doesn't seem to be indifferent as u said. U are partisan sweetheaert
Obiagelli:
This is the first time i will be commenting on the speech by the oba of lagos, to the average person or mind, it is a ridiculous statement, but looking at it from a political lense, it has become a case of the more you look, the less you see.

The Pdp
The oba's statements to the best of my understanding was not a public one, it was deliberately leaked by agents who taught it could be used to the advantage of the pdp's candidate in lagos since there is not religious cards to be played, ethnic card shocked they jumped at it. (they never learn)

The Apc
The apc was thrown into disarray, they momentum of winning at the center had suffered a setback, while many rushed to denounce the statement, the strategists saw and opportunity and they helped LOUD to music (forgive my english)

The Igbos
As expected, they were mad at the statement and rightly so, they also didn't fail to overblow it. It is expected that the igbos will give 90% of there votes to the pdp but something amazing happened in the last few days, i have seen more igbos (influential leaders) sit at the same tables with Apc chiefs (this would never have happened without this crisis) i have seen many igbo leaders accept apologies and even endorsed the Apc candidate. I have seen igbos in Apc wears and campaign buses around ladipo and alaba.

The yorubas
We expected the yorubas to give 40- 30% of their votes to jimi agbaje because a lot of them had chosen to vote the Apc at the center and the pdp in lagos, like it or not jimi is also yoruba BUT the tide has turned, the direct attacks on their Oba and the claim that lagos is no man's land coupled with jimi's overly courting the igbos at their detriment has irritated a lot of them. The yorubas won't do a shouting match, they act with a devastating bile (ask gej)

Jimi Agbaje
Agbaje also played to the gallery by making silly statements rather than being gentlemanly since the ball was in his court, he displayed obvious influence from bode George and obanikoro, this is not the jimi we know but the god's father push.

Obiagelli
I am indifferent to both candidates, as my fanatic support for the apc does not go beyond buhari and maybe elrufai and fashola. I can't wait to see the results.

VOTE NOT FIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Mynd44: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
And no one should say the APC started the tribe thing. You cannot produce one place where the APC has mentioned tribe in their campaigns but right from the distribution of PVC, we have seen where the PDP and Mr Agbaje has said that INEC and the Government were not given non indigenes PVC cards as though the state government were the ones sharing them.

The PDP ought not to have been involved in the Agbaje thing. And to those who said the Oba threatened genocide.....do you understand Yoruba customs at all? A king sits on his throne and says people will drown is not a threat of physical violence, he threatened to curse them if they did not obey him.

"Ending up in the Lagoon" stems from the king allegedly owning the powers of Olokun but again. We took it the way we wanted

10 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Ilekeh(f): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
I agree with obiageli's analysis.

And why is this election more violent than the presidential one in every state?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
Mynd44:

You guys don't understand how deep this is. I condemned the Oba's statement like everyone else and it should have ended but then the PDP started saying dumb things.

Ifeanyi Ubah said he made 2 people HOR members "On in their state". Continued use of the term "no man's land" and then there was the attacks on the Oba.

As much as everyone had stood against the Oba, Ambode and Agbaje should have too. Agbaje has always been about tribe. Remember when he was begging Igbos not to go home for Easter?
Remember when he was saying the APC has neglected the Igbos?
Remember when he said if we don't vote GEJ, we will be attacked by militants?

Then the PDP went on social media, Afenifere said crap, Obanikoro followed, Bode George too and the list went on until comments like "Agbaje will dethrone Akinolu" and "Agbaje will promote the Eze Ndigbo to the level of the Oba" sprang up.

As much as the Oba was condemned, you need to manage how you reply him. People might have ignored him but PDP supporters turned it into an all Yoruba thing and it blew up.

Agbaje might win today, Ambode might win. Personally, I don't care who does, I have always been a #GEJout person and we delivered that but Agbaje gained a point with the Oba's comment and lost it when they tried to make the Oba's comment a representation of all Yoruba's.

The incident was not managed well
Honestly i dont know if i have to spell things in ABC for some people to get the drift.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman Dissolves Cabinet / #OccupyLekkiTollGate: Police Acted Professionally, Nobody Got Hurt — Onochie / President, Wife, Son Spent Over 250 Days Abroad For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.