Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak (106687 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by tupacshakur(m): 9:36am On Apr 11, 2015
Athanatos:
Make una try am nah....

2015 is not 1953,Roundhead.

grin grin

Keyboard warrior, if e happen now, you go just dey your house dey lament! You fit stand, if riot start?

Na the Igbos wey dey trade for places like Lagos Island and Ladipo I pity! Na to just buy weed for all those blood-eyes Yoruba thugs, dem go destroy and maim anything Igbo.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by christopher123(m): 9:36am On Apr 11, 2015
But wait a minute why are yoruba claiming lagos ..we know the pure lagosians and they said they ain't Yoruba pls ask egun and awori

Why have yorubas not allow apure lagosian to rule .....even oba is Benin

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by nerodenero: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2015
CHM11:

Your paragraphs totally contradict each other. One moment you are tribalistic, the other moment you are saying we are all human beings. I am not yoruba, I'm from Delta and based in Lagos. You want to know what pained the Oba?

Igbos said they will one day produce the governor of Lagos, they even wanted to run for vice in 2015.
They called Lagos a 'no man's land' that yorubas are claiming it.
They said Lagos is nothing but a colonial settlement.

Sincerely in your God mind, answer this : Will the people in South east Nigeria take this in their state from any other tribe? Even anambra self won't take it from other igbos.

And who told you the igbos are the most hardworking? What does hardworking mean to you?
Don't you think it means something else to me?
You might prefer to carry stones and break rocks with a sledge and call it hard work while I prefer to sit down for hours doing research and creating a cure for Ebola, that could be hardwork to me.

Lagos belongs to the Yorubas first before another Nigerian. If foreigners from Cotonou and Togo come to attack people in Lagos, the Yorubas will get up first to defend their home. When they can't subdue the intruders then Nigerians will join to help them.

Igbos should just learn to be careful with their utterances as regards Lagos. What you will not allow in your own home, do not do it in another persons home.

Lagos became the capital of Nigeria, because it is Lagos, Yoruba Land and it has been a trade centre even before the british took over. I think calabar used to be a capital too, so why is calabar not like Lagos?...

Respect your host and do not cause problems with your utterances.
Very reasonable submission.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2015
lastmessenger:
Igbos should be the one writing this and not the Yorubas. We the igbos own Lagos and nobody can take that away from us. In no time we would buy all the lands in ogun state and rename the streets with igbo names.
Igbo people are a special race and even the bible and quoran prophesied about it.
u guys are calling for another airstrike so badly #RIP
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by mirakuru(m): 9:36am On Apr 11, 2015
CHM11:

Your paragraphs totally contradict each other. One moment you are tribalistic, the other moment you are saying we are all human beings. I am not yoruba, I'm from Delta and based in Lagos. You want to know what pained the Oba?

Igbos said they will one day produce the governor of Lagos, they even wanted to run for vice in 2015.
They called Lagos a 'no man's land' that yorubas are claiming it.
They said Lagos is nothing but a colonial settlement.

Sincerely in your God mind, answer this : Will the people in South east Nigeria take this in their state from any other tribe? Even anambra self won't take it from other igbos.

And who told you the igbos are the most hardworking? What does hardworking mean to you?
Don't you think it means something else to me?
You might prefer to carry stones and break rocks with a sledge and call it hard work while I prefer to sit down for hours doing research and creating a cure for Ebola, that could be hardwork to me.

Lagos belongs to the Yorubas first before another Nigerian. If foreigners from Cotonou and Togo come to attack people in Lagos, the Yorubas will get up first to defend their home. When they can't subdue the intruders then Nigerians will join to help them.

Igbos should just learn to be careful with their utterances as regards Lagos. What you will not allow in your own home, do not do it in another persons home.

Lagos became the capital of Nigeria, because it is Lagos, Yoruba Land and it has been a trade centre even before the british took over. I think calabar used to be a capital too, so why is calabar not like Lagos?...

Respect your host and do not cause problems with your utterances.
As in my belle too sweet for this post....so on point!

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by donprinyo(m): 9:36am On Apr 11, 2015
Foolishness 101, trying to quench fire with petrol. ?.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by otunbadan(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
haibe:
don't let English confuse you. . A person migrating from one place to another is also termed an immigrant

So if you left your compound and went to the next one, you be immigrant.
No law or ordinance described Igbo or any tribe in particular as immigrant, in fact the constitution which is the bedrock of this elections gave every tribe and race freedom to live in any part of Nigeria and not be described as IMMIGRANT
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by crusufixo(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
What these group of people fail to realise is that in every state.. all the tribes in Nigeria are represented....and this is the basis for claiming one Nigeria....

Now... a ruler, who is supposed to be held with high esteem, who is also supposed to be a wise one, comes out to disrespect a certain tribe and does not feel apologetic in any way.of course the affected tribe would be aggrieved.I tell you this...if he had apologized...he would have won the respect of many

As for this so called Oodua congress, they should just go and sit down...cos in my opinion..they do not represent the nigerian interest
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by johnpalmer774(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
lastmessenger:
Igbos should be the one writing this and not the Yorubas. We the igbos own Lagos and nobody can take that away from us. In no time we would buy all the lands in ogun state and rename the streets with igbo names.
Igbo people are a special race and even the bible and quoran prophesied about it.

Can u Imagine this Robber and deluded self acclaimed igbo man , You are one of the reasons why Oba Spoke in that Manner even though it was widely condemned , i guess u are one of this ppl that left Village without getting any education because i have couple of igbos friend who are Graduates and they will never reasons this way , in fact they kept telling me they will never build house in Lagos until they have one in their Village those are the ppl that understand it better................Seek for knowledge and understanding education is not everything.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Athanatos(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
duni04:

See this stupîd îdiot. I've seen your threads. You're a very popular ho here on Nairaland. Instead of u to be grateful we allow your igbo sisters hustle without disturbance on the streets on Allen and Adeniran ogunsanya, you're here posting nonsense and beating your flat chest. Stupîd creature you are angry

Sick Zooplankton.

You can say all the BS you have in your grimy mouth,but I will not stand character assassination.

You saw her threads,ehen? She's now a hoe abi?

Her name is EroticAngelina,that makes her a cheap s.lut?

Niqqa,seek medical help,you deserve it. Your braindeath is irreversible.

Till then,keep living in the Kiriji war era.

Democrats my foot.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by hollowpot15684(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
EroticAngelina:
bastard.

Your igwe

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Misogynist2014(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
feyif:
This Is Nothing But The Plain Truth.
It is articulate and well written.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by nzeadachie: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
tupacshakur:

Igbos are the most hard-working?

Now, what's your definition of "hard-working", B!tch? grin grin

Swindling innocent Nigerians in Alaba and Computer village?

Hawking galas and la casera on the roads of Lagos?

Prostituting on Allen avenue, Ikeja and Adeniran Ogunsanya street, Surulere?

Engaging in the sale of fake drugs and fake everything?

Stup!d B!tch!
BUYING YOUR FAMILY'S HOUSE FROM THE MONEY THEY MAKES FROM SELLING GALA, MUGU
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Jaymaestro(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2015
Hmm. I think we all have our bad sides. I only hope this rift would be gone lest it escalates into something worse.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by masseratti: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
ddami:
somehow I think this oba war is worse on nairaland.'cos on the streets of Lagos people do not really care.I think everyone z just striving 4 d money and fun
it's not oooo,they actually took it personal, a guy was saying if not for Agbaje he is going to sleep all through today,buy he has to vote because if what the Oba said.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by REALODUA: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
derecho:
My Bros,that's not the issue.The Oba misfired and peace-loving and well-meaning individuals should condemn it.
BTW is Agbaje ibo?Or are all Agbaje supporters from the Ibo extraction?Has the Oba forgotten that ethnic groups reside in Lagos?Why the Hate speech?
because he believes you lot are going to vote him as u voted Jonathan in block votes. Tinubu apart, an apc government is better for Lagos than pdp government . He sees beyond today unlike your indigboleaders. A pdp government will milk Lagos dry in 4 years and yet there will be no federal development in place. . Think of having the likes of bode George, obanikoro, Andy uba, ogulewe controlling the affairs of a state like lagos, those mean no good for common man but their pockets. But u lot are shallow thinkers unlike we Yoruba and that explains why ur region are backward and undeveloped , you just won't learn even in 100 years.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Waspy(m): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
fireforfire:
There have always been a secret hatred, envy and jealousy against d igbos. But d obas statement actually brought all dat hate to limelight.
Pple r now capitalising on it.

Evry tribe have always co-existef peacefuly in lagos ubtil dis foul statement came out.

Im not ibo nor yoruba. But we hv bn watching u all.
And evryone screams one "nig"

#quotemeandperishwithurfamily#

Ibos still don't get the drift.... Its not about any hidden hate/ hatred. Its about the energy, speech and claims the Ibos put out there.

Ibos are not the only suscessful pple in Lagos. In fact Deltans ( Urhobos, Isokos, Ekales, etc) Ijaws, Itshekiris, Ibibios, Efiks.....just name it...are engaged in legitimate businesses and are also prosperous in their world and yet no one has troubles with any of them.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
I was reading this article waiting to read where the group that claimed they were elites and educated fellows would reprimand the Oba for what he said but I couldn't. What made me to doubt if these mofos that called themselves Yoruba elites were really educated is when they said that the Igbos in Lagos are immigrants whereas they are the real immigrants because they are in another man's country in which their citizenship could be revoked and they might get repatriated. We Igbos asked to seceede from Nigeria and Nigeria refused. We decided to stay in one of Nigeria's states and we are called immigrants.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
Omila007:

Brother what point have you made now?
Everyone was quietly going about there business, the candidates were courting votes from everyone you had pvc untill his highness decided to a certain people who to vote or face calamity.
You are being contradictory by applauding the constitutional right of every Nigerian to vote, whilst supporting that a certain people forcefully comply to your will.

I often hear this insulting of our land!!, and I ask again how? how can people how earn honest living and pay there taxes be insulting the land. Please can you put up instances to support this calm or is it just another excuse to profile and hate a follow citizen for nothing?
you are not getting the point my friend. Even before the oba made that lagoon statement, igbos in lagos have already vowed to vote for agbaje. They say it on our faces just to spite us. They brought division into lagos politics by calling ambode a yoruba candidate while agbaje their own candidate. That's what your brothers did here. Right now am at my polling unit and everybody is angry. Even yorubas that never wanted to vote for ambode are angry.

And talking about taxes, every ethnic group in lagos is paying this taxes but the igbos kinda made it look like the fashola government targeted just only them because they own many businesses. Who does that?

And please I don't hate any tribe in Nigeria, am just disgusted by the hypocrisy of some ethnic group

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Ilekeh(f): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
Did they say they were trying to quench fire?

donprinyo:
Foolishness 101, trying to quench fire with petrol. ?.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ogunniyi2: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
nationwide1:
All these in a bid to defend Oba. Many Ekiti sons and daughters and certainly other cerebra Yoruba sons and daughters would not be part of this Yoruba group.

So in democracy of Yoruba, you force someone with threat of death to vote for your preferred candidate. Are they really thinking with their heads at all? This group can never represent Yoruba people.
you do not have that priviledge or right to say anything unbehave of yoruba's! Please stop ranting and go back to your village.when you get their discuss with your ibo village head on how to turnaround your stinking village that you are only use to visiting just twice a year to show off

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by olas24u(f): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2015
grimandevil:
the truth is that oba still needs to apologize . he picked Igbo among all the so called immigrants. y pick only Igbos?

that is the anger of igbos nothing else.

let him swallow his pride and apologise

The Oba was setup ,by TAN ,they recorded it purposely for the elections .
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by July2050: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
Dis is jst a warning to igbos,calabar was formly capital of nigeria bt dsnt make it no mans land I think I undstnd y hausa ppl attack u in d North, All has been said don't even try wat u'r doin now in IBADAN we respect our king even if he say rubbish cos is human too.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
uniklinkum:

and your brain was hibernating when Arthur Eze and obi of Onitsha spewed there own trash during the anambra guber. Your cries is the usual victim mentality played by your people since the times of old.
oloshi shut your dirty garbage mouth up

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Misogynist2014(m): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
david2:
The Yoruba's should shut up....where were they b4 their oba came out to talk rubbish
He who doesn't learn from history is bound to repeat it.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by JoshuaKay(m): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
doxime:
Why do these people keep forgetting that for many years Lagos was Nigeria's political and economic capital and was built by all Nigerians.
is it that they no longer teach social studies in schools

Was Lagos d only place dat was Nigeria's political n economic capital? Last time I remembered, Calabar was also once Nigeria's capital. Abi someone wasn't taught social studies well ni?
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by lastmessenger: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
haibe:

Free yourself from delusion, it will help you
you are the real deluded folk. The prophesis is just about to be fulfilled where the igbos will detect the affairs of the whole world. Lagos or even Nigeria is too small for us to drag with anybody as it already belong to us.
Relax my people and work with Igbo people so that prosperity will come to you. We the Igbos are the God chosen people to lead the affairs of modern man.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by LydayBobo(m): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
temitemi1:
NONSENSE!
No it not Nonsense. it's Nonsensical. Garbage.

Who asked this clown to speak for me. They are outside Nigeria and they have lost touch with reality only what they read or watch on TV. I love Igbo people silly and nothing can change that.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by COCakanni(m): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
dis igbo people have been causing trouble for dis country unity since 1967.... you remembered wen dat happen obasanjo dey among those dat conquered you guyz.... whether u like it or not lagos belong to yorubas..... Go Bleep ur sef.... Go die in lagoon who cares.... no pple dey s
ettle wit u.... northern no won see una, yoruba pple don dey hate una.... for all I know is dat u will neva test power in Nigeria.... it a curse on you... dats y u cant even vote ngige in senate to be senate president.... stop abusing our oba or else YOU DIE IN LAGOON IN SEVEN DAYS
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Emyogalanya: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
Breaking news panic in lagos, apc, as inec creates more polling units in all lagoons in lagos our reporters claim that a certain mazi moses with white beard was spotted around most of the lagoons so the children (sorry adults 18+) of israel (biafra) to pass through to thier units for accreditation and eventual voting insiders report that there will be a wedding at canan part of the lagoon so all biafrans are invited to come down with empty drums as stewards have been directed to drain the lagoon into the empty drums meanwhile special guest of honour Jesus the wine maker is been expected to arrive soon having been accredited in the jordan lagoon by john the baptist there has been a very large turnout of people over there are shouts of ppl excited at the arrival of someone special wait lets see who is she that comes as an army set in battle array from the house of joseph the carpenter
ENTER VIRGIN MARY the intercessor as the two gladitors set for a classic battle for the soul of lagos its sine missione
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 11, 2015
This is a slap on my face and I am really angry at my people.

If it was possible, I would come down south with a whip and chase all igbos back to the east.

Isn't it time we built ourselves a nation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) / FG Lifts Ban On Interstate Travels / Ibrahim Abubaka Lajada For Nigeria's President In 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.