Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Why The Modern Woman Is Sad - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad (42818 Views)

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

So why don't you relegate your daughters to studying home economics only then if you believe women don't have the brains to revolutionize culture?
To even refer to Einstein era in the same breath is disingenuous where prioritizing female education was just beginning to pick up steam in the late 19th century and early 20th century putting into consideration men have had more than a thousand year head start to women. Despite the thousands of year gap between men and women, we begin to see women as early at 1930's showing some intellectually might. This is like comparing the head start of European men in the STEM to African men. Does that mean African men are dumb because it has done nothing to contribute to the sciences today?

Nope the old power, relied on physical strength. But today it relies on intellectual might through STEM courses cheesy. The so called Magic and mysticism are part of STEM. These are all part of physics and medicinal chemistry.
what then do you think is responsible for women's slow start to education in the society?
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Ngokafor(f): 5:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
Moana:
The mordern women are sad, yet you are the ones who spend 80% of your lifetime analysing their lives, if you were happy mordern men would you not spend your time doing something else more profitable than analysing other "sad people's" lives? grin
NL is getting more and more ridiculous

...Gosh this has got to be the post of the year cheesy..

...as a matter of fact,its females like you,stillfire,shollypopz,bukytyne e.t.c fit all these nairaland males with their 'feminist lamentation' bul@sh$t!....jobless folks.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by freecocoa(f): 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
plaetton:

Why do you disagree?
Honestly? Saying I disagree will be giving relevance to this rubbish article, so I'll just pass.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Moana(f): 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Moana(f): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

Crying more than the so called bereaved is what they call it. grin grin grin grin

I repeat African man MUST wash plates! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
You must partake in house chores! grin grin grin grin
If you want your wife to 'strike a balance' between career and family, you must help with the house chores. Hahahaha grin grin grin grin
Funny thing is these people wash dishes and clean their own toilet every single day but when they come on NL they start forming shakara
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by cococandy(f): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Is the modern day man happy?

Errrr......

I don't think so.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by cococandy(f): 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
Moana:

And your "full-time job" is going up and down NL insulting women forgetting that every insult you make includes you own families members abi? undecided abeg shift!
easy bae. She means no harm.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Ngokafor(f): 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
Moana:

And your "full-time job" is going up and down NL insulting women forgetting that every insult you make includes you own families members abi? undecided abeg shift!

...Nnem cool down,i am on your sideoo...just read my post again..

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

your post goes to show that feminism isn't about equality but elitism. You are more worried about what will give her more political power and economic power rather than equal representation in all fields. No wonder why even though men dominate works like: tanker drivers, bricklayers, mai suya, firefighters, etc, you are not all out looking for quota system. You are only looking for quota system in the stem courses and board rooms representation in air conditioned MNC.

Also, it is so shallow of you to think that homoeconomics isnt intellectually tasking. And no, women cannever threaten men no matter how many of them are in the stem courses.

In the West, women have been given quota system and have been forced to study the STEM course and yet, how many of them have been able to go on to bring about a new way of doing things? Mark Zukerberg had so many women in his class. Einstein had girls in his class. Teve Jobs had women in his own class. Emeagwali also had women in his class. Yet, non of them have been able to come up with something to revolutionize culture, medicine, computing etc.

I think it is very ignorant of you to say that STEM courses are where power is. Well, that may be today but for much of the world's history; Law, oratory, literature, philosophy, music, theology, magic and mysticism are where the real power is. STEM only gained its new found power during the industrial revolution.

Dora Akunyili also had a lot of men in her class...

Same with Funke Opeke, Marie Curie etc.

Harriet Tubman had a lot of male slaves around her... Why didn't one of them think of running away and coming back to rescue the others.

Your argument goes both ways.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Dora Akunyili also had a lot of men in her class...

Same with Funke Opeke, Marie Curie etc.

Harriet Tubman had a lot of male slaves around her... Why didn't one of them think of running away and coming back to rescue the others.

Your argument goes both ways.

haha! This is strawman arguement my dear, especially with the tubman example.

I didn't mean that women are incapable of something sublime, of course they are! There are countless examples of women who have actually done alot to advance intellectualism and the world has benefited from their work so much. I can even add to your list if you want me to.

What i was trying to drive home is that women are generally (and when i say generally, i mean on the average) are not relaxed by subjects like Physics, mathematics and philosophy. Hence the natural low number of women in those area. Dora, though a pharmacist, is not known for inventing any drug really. She is known more with chairing an organization that was highly effective in combating fake drugs. Her achievements are more in the area of management rather than pharmacy, her chosen proffession. But feminism came up and because it is more concerned about elitism and man jealousy, it decided to push women into areas that just do not relax them.

Today, even though women make up a large part of stem courses and sometimes are best graduating students in those courses, their overall contribution to the advancement of the field is still very very low.

Also, it is important to note that the work for which Marie Curie is known, she did it together with a man, her husband. They were both awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry for their pionering work in radioactivity.

So no! The arguement doesnt go both ways.

NB: Dora's excellecnce at NAFDAC was inspired by her personal story. The fight against fake drugs was personal to her. She needed an extra push to trigger her inovative skills. Einstein did not need a very personal extra push to come up with his theory of relativity. The extra push he had was the basic extra push men have always had that inspired them to be great explorers, innovators and patriachs. That extra push is just simple curiousity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

I didn't mean that women are incapable of something sublime, of course they are! There are countless examples of women who have actually done alot to advance intellectualism and the world has benefited from their work so much. I can even add to your list if you want me to.

What i was trying to drive home is that women are generally (and when i say generally, i mean on the average) are not relaxed by subjects like Physics, mathematics and philosophy. Hence the natural low number of women in those area. Dora, though a pharmacist, is not known for inventing any drug really. She is known more with chairing an organization that was highly effective in combating fake drugs. Her achievements are more in the area of management rather than pharmacy, her chosen proffession. But feminism came up and because it is more concerned about elitism and man jealousy, it decided to push women into areas that just do not relax them.

Today, even though women make up a large part of stem courses and sometimes are best graduating students in those courses, their overall contribution to the advancement of the field is still very very low.

Also, it is important to note that the work for which Marie Curie is known, she did it together with a man, her husband. They were both awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry for their pionering work in radioactivity.

NB: Dora's excellecnce at NAFDAC was inspired by her personal story. The fight against fake drugs was personal to her. She needed an extra push to trigger her inovative skills. Einstein did not need a very personal extra push to come up with his theory of relativity. The extra push he had was the basic extra push men have always had that inspired them to be great explorers, innovators and patriachs. That extra push is just simple curiousity.

Einstein did not need extra push later the extra push is curiosity undecided

Every extraordinary person had extra push to succeed, that makes the difference afteral he was not the only male in his class really

So Marie Curie's achievements doesn't count because she worked with her husband? I laugh.

You remind me of a NLer's signature... I will not fail; If I fail, they will say because I am a woman.

Never mind million men have also failed in that area. A woman fails and it is because she is a woman.

I believe the current NAFDAC boss is a man; pray tell, What has he manufactured

From my Secondary School days, I know that different people have different competencies and they are placed in classes according to interests and capacity So I don't get the stress on STEM courses.

Gani was a lawyer (arts) and did a lot than an average STEM guy. Infact, most notable people in Nigeria were/are known for the arts, sicial sciences and humanities.

Is There anywhere Wole Soyinka cannot enter? He might probably not know the solution to 2x + x.

I am a firm believer of allowing everyone decide What they want to do.

I do not support using quota system to place ladies in STEM courses. Instead, break the barriers If any and let girls and boys compete on a level ground. If the girl chooses STEM, fine; If not fine.

As to STEM courses not relaxing to females, I do not know.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by 5minsmadness: 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
I choose to believe you misunderstood me. By women trying to be men, I was implying the prioritizing of thier goal to achieving happiness which is as a result of modern feminism.

The rate of divorces were lower in 1979 as compared to today , and yes women were happier then as research shows. Divorce is hard on humans, both male and female. But I think women are worse hit not because of any social conditioning or cultural inclinations, but because they are inherently different by psychological and biological dispositions.

Evolution has balanced the gap between man and woman for millions of years. Modern feminists get confused and wicked and spun lies from a selfish political ideological point of view.

Men pursue power, glory, money and social status to satisfy their abundant testosterone and also to impress the ladies.

Evolution balanced this gap by giving women the skills and ability to control men. All she needed to do was invoke her inbuilt feminine meekness and wiles. That's what our mothers did with wisdom without the corruption of modern feminist education.

Men control the money, power and politics plus resources,and women control men. That's the balance of power by God in his wisdom of mystery of evolution.

Today's feminist have become pretenders who venture out side their natural comfort zones and area of strength to compete and think what a man can do they can do better.
they can't be further from the truth, the difference between men and women means they both have areas of natural expertise.

The Swedish and Americans have begun ripping the folly of their intelligence. All the nations of feminist movement have come to report the increasing unhappiness of women even as their financial and economic status rise.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:

So you want to compare the head start men had?

Lols!

I 100% agree with Stillfire:

If you think There are Some careers women should not have,it makes absolute sense you do not put her through that course.

Apart from that, not all women yearn to build a career or even have the zeal for corporate life.

Look for someone suited for you.

I know it is not related time the topic:

But please If as a man, you know you don't like a wife with a strong drive, please don't marry a woman full with zeal for corporate life or building a career and tell her to become a teacher or quit working.

It will kill her spirit.

hmm, i see you are getting desperate now. I think you should quit with the head-start argument.

In ancient Athens, equal priority was given to both men and women education. Infact, the modern education equality that has been codified in western education of today is simply a copy-cat from the Athenian education. But in Greece or Athens, the men still went on ahead to dominate intellectualism. When you think Greece, the like of Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras etc are the ones that come to mind. This is despite the fact that the girl child education was given equal attention by their society.

At the begining of formal education in Europe (when i say Europe, i mean we should excluded the romans and the greeks), access to education was more classist rather than sexist. Rich women got access to education more than the ordinary man got! And that means they were more educated than the average man.

No, i do not believe that there are courses women should not take up. I have always being in favour of "let everyone do what they want to do". What i am against is the forcing of women into courses they just do not find fulfiling, on the average and you take slots from men and giving them to women simply because they are women. Although that doesn't happen here in Nigeria, but it does happen around the world. I am also against the shaming of other women who just do not want the so-called empowerment the feminist folk want to shove down their throat. And by empowerment, i mean taking up 'positions of power' when the woman actually wants something else.

I think feminism should be about giving women a choice and that means, if she wants to be a SAHM (stay at home mom), so be it! But feminists go about shaming such women and telling them that it was better they did not waste tax payer money in the first place by getting an education in the first place. They say this as if education is first of all about getting a job rather than a better relationship with nature. Thr likes of you, Bukatyne and stillfire are the ones who get angry at women who go to school and refuse to take up a career. Again, that's a shallow way to look at education; that it is for getting a job.

Lastly, men have always had the choice to pick a woman who suits them for a wife. But the problem is...when most men refuse to pick a woman with a strong drive for work and career, they are termed weak, insecure and intimidated by a strong, independent and successful woman. People who shame men this way deny that a man can have an option. And as a result, we see men, who ordinarily wouldn't go for a 'successful' woman due to the simple and innocent fact that they are just not compatible, go for such women and the end result is a pathetic marriage.

The bottom line is, stop shaming men who do not want a 'successful' woman. It may not be that he is intimidated, but that he just wants a particular kind of home.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by 5minsmadness: 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

Crying more than the so called bereaved is what they call it. grin grin grin grin

I repeat African man MUST wash plates! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
You must partake in house chores! grin grin grin grin
If you want your wife to 'strike a balance' between career and family, you must help with the house chores. Hahahaha grin grin grin grin
I wash plates even when my girl is around. What's wrong with that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by 5minsmadness: 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

african men have always washed plates. When he was at the university and boarding house, where you there to do it for him? I have always washed my own plate and it is the best for men. Don't need any woman to do what can oly be best done by me.
Thanks my brother. The wash plate example wasn't it at all. In my home all the guys wash plates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

Oh really, I hope you will carry this mentality to marriage and continue washing plates there.
A woman CAN only strike a balance between family and career if you put all muscles and sinews to work in the home by cleaning, cooking washing dishes, clothes etc.

that mentality is part of my DNA. I am never someone who relies on others for anything. Not even on my gf or wife. The life i lead when i am single is the life i lead when i am hooked up or married. While being a bachelor, i will always find time to cook for myself and also to do my work. It is the same life style i will carry on into marriage. I have never needed a woman to do all of that for me. And in school when i am cooking, my block mates do tell me, "this one, your wife no go fit do guy for you oo". Also, not only in the area of cooking. The same thing applies to bedtimes too. If i ask her and she says she is tired or any kind of excuse just to hurt or punish me like most women do their husband, i will just let her be. And if i cannot hold it, there are intimacy gadgets. The bottom line is, no woman can hold me to ransome for anything. That's the degree of my independence!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

you will always be a hard bone to crack for the feminist. Gifted with literary prowess, empowered with facts and the power of honest superiority of knowledge .

Your style of comment is all there is to know that men are born to be teachers and instructors. God created the male first and made the woman from him as a support and help meet, never as a competitor .

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

It is an absolute WASTE of resources if you go to school, studied hard for degree and do not practice it. Applying it to petty jobs, does not change the fact that monetary resources have been wasted. All you want to do here is have an educated daughter but limit her potentials to pursue that career.
With people like you stifling the efforts of women and feeding them pathetic resolutions and deception and that they are not cut out for the workplace, how do you then expect women to reach their full potential? Why don't we restrict women in the kitchen to rech their full potential there?
If these are male areas and women cannot compete, do the experiment on your daughters and restrict her to home economics, why venture into fields that only men should dominate? This has got to be the height of hypocrisy!

you getting very desperate here.

First of all, i did not and have not said or insinuated in a way, form or measure that women should be kept out of school. I strongly believe in the education for all. Infact, my not seeing education as primarily a means to getting a job but that which we need to relate with our environment better is the reason why anyone, not even you stillfire, can acuse me of believing that women should be kept out of school or any kind of course she wants to study. Mean while, it is simple to acuse you, stillfire, of believing that some kind of people should be kept out of school or some kind of courses because you see education as primarily that which should give you a job.

Infact, approaches like yours is the reason why most people who study stems, are not improving it in anyway. Organizing a dicipline into a career may have all of its advantages, but there is one big mistake we are making when we organize diciplines into professions and career, especially the stem courses. We give it a boundry! And by so doing, we restrict the involvement of those who actually studied the stems in school but did not pass very well (because, of course, these people begin to believe you have to be a 'guru' in class and come out with a first class in order to improve development in that area). You also reduce the involvement of those who did not study the stems in school from participating in the stems. But the truth is that, you don't have to have studied physics in school in order to be able to improve physics in any way through revolutionary theories and scientific laws.

What do you think? That the pioneers of physics called themselves physists? They were just people who were curious about nature.

And pls, it is in your interest to speak to me in a civil manner, or else, i will go all out against you.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by KanwuliaJara: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
Not this modern NIGERIAN-AMERICAN woman o! cool
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Every extraordinary person had extra push to succeed, that makes the difference afteral he was not the only male in his class really

So Marie Curie's achievements doesn't count because she worked with her husband? I laugh.

You remind me of a NLer's signature... I will not fail; If I fail, they will say because I am a woman.

Never mind million men have also failed in that area. A woman fails and it is because she is a woman.

From my Secondary School days, I know that different people have different competencies and they are placed in classes according to interests and capacity So I don't get the stress on STEM courses.

Gani was a lawyer (arts) and did a lot than an average STEM guy. Infact, most notable people in Nigeria were/are known for the arts, sicial sciences and humanities.

Is There anywhere Wole Soyinka cannot enter? He might probably not know the solution to 2x + x.

I do not support using quota system to place ladies in STEM courses. Instead, break the barriers If any and let girls and boys compete on a level ground. If the girl chooses STEM, fine; If not fine.

Academic intelligence doesn't necessary equate into wisdom.

The male dominant homone, testosterone drives men into pioneers, explorers, inventors, founders, upholders, nourishers and protectors . This homone is very little in women.

In actual danger, a woman looks up to male for guidance and instructions, even if that male happens to be an adolescent
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

your post goes to show that feminism isn't about equality but elitism. You are more worried about what will give her more political power and economic power rather than equal representation in all fields. No wonder why even though men dominate works like: tanker drivers, bricklayers, mai suya, firefighters, etc, you are not all out looking for quota system. You are only looking for quota system in the stem courses and board rooms representation in air conditioned MNC.
This works wasn't forced on men.

They are doing it to make end meet for theirselves. Any woman that wants to bargain into it, is doing it at her own wish.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by quiet006storm: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
pls lets not forget something too. women just like guys and settle with him. women should search for fine men. who is he and what's his flaws? http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/04/no-be-fine-boy-o.html?spref=tw
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rich man: very impressive to women.

Rich woman: men are indifferent.

Go figure. The money women pursue is selfish because it mostly serves them only. Men's pursuit of wealth is to benefit more than just himself. I know you kids will contest this position, but I assure you, it is the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

So why don't you relegate your daughters to studying home economics only then if you believe women don't have the brains to revolutionize culture?
To even refer to Einstein era in the same breath is disingenuous where prioritizing female education was just beginning to pick up steam in the late 19th century and early 20th century putting into consideration men have had more than a thousand year head start to women. Despite the thousands of year gap between men and women, we begin to see women as early at 1930's showing some intellectually might. This is like comparing the head start of European men in the STEM to African men. Does that mean African men are dumb because it has done nothing to contribute to the sciences today?

Nope the old power, relied on physical strength. But today it relies on intellectual might through STEM courses cheesy. The so called Magic and mysticism are part of STEM. These are all part of physics and medicinal chemistry.

i have warned you that you should not insult me for your own good. If that's your tactics of frustrating people out of discourse, bear it in mind it will not work with me and hope you have the gallantry to stand my reaction.

Ok. Lets leave Einstein's time and go way back to ancient Athens.

Under the athenian education, equal opportunity was given to both the boy and girl child. At that time, power was not in stems but law, oratory, philosophy etc. Despite the equal opportunity given to both boys and girls, the like of aristotle, plato etc are the ones who would come to mind when you mention greece. Where are the ladies in those societies?

Most times, people are more concerned about getting women into the STEM courses, but refuse to see that there are other departments that women are still under represented and women who have studied it have not gone on ahead to distinguish themselves. The department of philosophy is one of such. Most people go without suspecting that women have not distinguished themselves in philosophy. But everyone is concerned about the STEMs. This confirms that feminism isn't about all round equality but elitism.

It is absolutely untrue to say that the African has not contributed to the stems. Egypt was the first part of the world to use hydraulics. It was a sand hydraulics. The Ishongo bone is an evidence of advance mathematics in the congo. The idea of prime numbers etc, plays a bedrock role in modern computing.

Africans have worked with and built technologies based on what is called classical mechanics. The misconception comes in when we talk about the STEM after the rise of modern physics. In modern physics and quantum mechanics, the laws there are not intuitive. They defy logic and daily experience.

That Africans have not built or do anything in quantum or modern physics has got nothing to do with their intellectual capacity (because we know like i pointed out that that africans have done alot in the stems) It has got more to do with cultural fairness of textbooks and instructional materials. Since the concepts in quantum mechanics are more visible in the microscopic world, it is not easily percievable by those of us in the large scale world.

Quantum mechanics or modern physics was concieved in the western culture and language. Africans do not have a word for waves. How do you begin to explain to him the concept of waves in his own language and evironment? When i say waves, i mean E-M waves. So for him to grasp it, he has to become familiar not only with the language of the people among whom quantum mechanics was first conceptualized, but also their culture. Those Africans who can grasp quantum mechanics a bit, are those who have familiarized themselves with the western way of life and language.

Down here in Nigeria, the physics textbook you will find that are written by Nigerians and are culturally fair to us are secondary school physics tectbooks. Quantum mechanics is not taught in secondary schools in Nigeria. It is taught only in the University and university textbooks are not written by us therefore are not culturally fair to us.

The point is, to gain scientific reasoning in the modern sense of it, one has to be educated with culturally fair materials. So Africans need time and effort to convert that knowledge into a form that is culturally fair to us.

Women in the west do not have to go through all of that as the knowledge is already culturally fair to them. Yet, the new battery that can charge a phone in just 30 secs was not invented by a woman! It was still men that invented it.

So i want you to understand all these things and stop being ignorant.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Ewuro4: 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:
Rubbish premise! Lazy women trying to look for a way to balance at home and get fat on the husband's sweat.
Don't come here and pass off some silly western woman study and relate it with African women.

Even your great grandmothers as africans were working women. The only difference was there were extended families to take care of the kids.
Since we don't live in a village setting any more, men must make themselves useful with house chores and the children grin. Bite me!

If you women have an agenda not to develop a career, you better stop taking the space of genuine men and women from gaining admissions into Universities. Nonsense. If I'm a university administrator, every woman would be a damn suspect.

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:

if you decide to deliberately misunderstand or dliberately put words in my mouth, well that's your cancer!!!

Where exactly did i insinuate that her achievement do not count just because she worked with her husband?

Nigger, i am science inclined and you cannot begin to understand the extent to which i appreciate scientific concepts and theories as well as those who first made us to know them.

I am not the one putting so much emphasy on the STEMs. Infact, i believe that i brought up philosophy somewhere. Feminists are the ones who place so much importance on the STEMs. Your comerade, stillfire, is one of such.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
that's a wrongly held opinion for centuries now. So you wish to admit to me that women have been held down by all societies in the world since pre-historical times.
If you admit this, then it has solved our little debate. Don't you think ?

don't mind these people. The victim mentality is not only an evidence of an unfortunate pathology on their own part, but also an example silly excuse! For them, it always has to do with the other person.

Since most feminists are arrongant towards religion and religious stories of the creation, may be they can answer this question: if men and women started off with the same psychological wiring such that what interests us and makes us feel fulfiled are one and exactly the same, then at what point did the difference come in? What were the factors that led to it? How was it that women were 'held down' by almost all cultures all through history? How did the man force her into that position of 'oppression'?

I really want answers from the smartest feminist in here.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by 5minsmadness: 12:19am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

don't mind these people. The victim mentality is not only an evidence of an unfortunate pathology on their own part, but also an example silly excuse! For them, it always has to do with the other person.

Since most feminists are arrongant towards religion and religious stories of the creation, may be they can answer this question: if men and women started off with the same psychological wiring such that what interests us and makes us feel fulfiled are one and exactly the same, then at what point did the difference come in? What were the factors that led to it? How was it that women were 'held down' by almost all cultures all through history? How did the man force her into that position of 'oppression'?

And the room is suddenly empty grin
intruiging.

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

Don't hold your breath. You'll only here the same old patriarchy/misogyny tropes. Good luck having a sound debate with these logs.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by babygirlfl: 4:46am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

In the early days, people had to work together just to provide the most basic needs like food. During this time, there was no extras or surplus.
As women naturally and biologically was the gender that got pregnant, they could not work as much as they usually would during this period. As such, it was agreed that women worked close to home while the men worked far. This arrangement stayed even after childbirth as women had to breastfeed the child.

At this time, women were not seen as inferior. The family line was even traced through the mum as there was no way to be certain who the father of a child was and fidelity was not the norm then.

Then came the era of tools and domesticating of animals which meant surplus food and meat was produced. Surplus brought about class as men began to amass wealth. This lead to women being seen as inferior as it was the work of men that had surplus and made profit. Surplus also meant there was something to be inherited and someone has to inherit it. Men now had greater status which meant families are now traced through the man. To make sure the child who inherited their surplus was their biological child, female fidelity was created.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 13, 2015
babygirlfl:

In the early days, people had to work together just to provide the most basic needs like food. During this time, there was no extras or surplus.
As women naturally and biologically was the gender that got pregnant, they could not work as much as they usually would during this period. As such, it was agreed that women worked close to home while the men worked far. This arrangement stayed even after childbirth as women had to breastfeed the child.

At this time, women were not seen as inferior. The family line was even traced through the mum as there was no way to be certain who the father of a child was and fidelity was not the norm then.

Then came the era of tools and domesticating of animals which meant surplus food and meat was produced. Surplus brought about class as men began to amass wealth. This lead to women being seen as inferior as it was the work of men that had surplus and made profit. Surplus also meant there was something to be inherited and someone has to inherit it. Men now had greater status which meant families are now traced through the man. To make sure the child who inherited their surplus was their biological child, female fidelity was created.

Bwahahahahaha
Nd when the era of tools and animal domestication came, women could not make tools and domesticate animals?
Why?
One needs to stay at home in order to domesticate animals innit? except the animals were domesticated far from home which makes no sense, this is clearly an advantage for the women since they stayed at home more and the men worked far from home, according to you No be so grin grin grin

So how come men had the surpluses even though women were in a better position to get them undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

Dude, the only thing ur gonna get are ad hominems... Ever tried fetching water with a basket?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.