Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Why The Modern Woman Is Sad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad (42832 Views)

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2015
Smh

All you do here is to give us achievements of white/western men that revere feminist.
To think that you all hate western men with their gay ideologies but will claim them now.

Are black/African men dull in invention? Mtcheew! Hypocrisy

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:
Smh

All you do here is to give us achievements of white/western men that revere feminist.
To think that you all hate western men with their gay ideologies but will claim them now.

its like you did not read one of my posts where i mentioned sand hydraulics and the Ishongo bones. There are also countless examples of black people's contribution to intellectualism but this is not the forum for that. Europe is the last part of the world to recieve civilization. This is their time and that time is wanning already taking into consideration the rise of other parts of the world, particularly China, India, Brazil and Nigeria.

The only part of science Europeans were first to let the world know is quantum physics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 13, 2015
Women are unhappy? It seems some people love instigating wars on this section.

Gender equality or inequality is unexistence except maybe in Arab countries. Feminism should concentrate in fighting how misogynists view them socially and politically, and change the views of women towards success and other things.

What matters is individualism.
Some men are above women.
Some women are above men.
No gender is inferior to other, rather, it's an individualism inferiority on both genders.

Using Einstein, Newton achievements to argue is a fallacy because it solely belongs to him not all men. Argue with yours.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 13, 2015
babygirlfl:

In the early days, people had to work together just to provide the most basic needs like food. During this time, there was no extras or surplus.
As women naturally and biologically was the gender that got pregnant, they could not work as much as they usually would during this period. As such, it was agreed that women worked close to home while the men worked far. This arrangement stayed even after childbirth as women had to breastfeed the child.

At this time, women were not seen as inferior. The family line was even traced through the mum as there was no way to be certain who the father of a child was and fidelity was not the norm then.

Then came the era of tools and domesticating of animals which meant surplus food and meat was produced. Surplus brought about class as men began to amass wealth. This lead to women being seen as inferior as it was the work of men that had surplus and made profit. Surplus also meant there was something to be inherited and someone has to inherit it. Men now had greater status which meant families are now traced through the man. To make sure the child who inherited their surplus was their biological child, female fidelity was created.

how can a point in time when the human being was few in number and we had more bio-diversity which also mean more food, be a time when there was no surplus?

Ok, if it was a gentleman's agreement that women were suppose to stay at home, is it also a gentleman's agreement that they feel fulfiled when they have a family and children? Before you attack me here, i want you to take a look at the church. Anytime an alter call is being made for people seeking for life partners, do you notice that women are more in number than men when they come out? This is despite the fact that there are more men in Nigeria than women and that means for ever woman out there who is not married, there are more men in the same situation.

There is no shame in desiring marriage or relationship. It is something to be celebrated and embraced. I am only trying to let you know that women fel very fulfiled if they can have a healthy and loving husband and children more than any CEO they can ever be.

To prove my position further, you need to listen to so many motivational speakers and career coaches. I hear it on Frankly speaking on ray power the other time when Muyiwa Afolabi was talking about the balancing of career and personal life and relationship and he was emphasizing it for the females. For him to say this means, he has councelled more female career people who still do not feel fulfiled after attaining their power, money and success and are left without a man. If being successful in the sense of the man brings fulfilment to women, why then do we have successful women go for councelling?

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by babygirlfl: 7:34am On Apr 13, 2015
njokusboy:

Bwahahahahaha
Nd when the era of tools and animal domestication came, women could not make tools and domesticate animals?
Why?
One needs to stay at home in order to domesticate animals innit? except the animals were domesticated far from home which makes no sense, this is clearly an advantage for the women since they stayed at home more and the men worked far from home, according to you No be so grin grin grin

So how come men had the surpluses even though women were in a better position to get them undecided undecided

What I wrote there is not made up. It is history. Men went to farm in the wild and were also hunters while women gathered and looked after the kids. When the era of tools and domestication of animals started, men still continued to farm but this time with tools and instead of hunting, domesticated animals.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 13, 2015
FrancisTony:
Women are unhappy? It seems some people love instigating wars on this section.

Gender equality or inequality is unexistence except maybe in Arab countries. Feminism should concentrate in fighting how misogynists view them socially and politically, and change the views of women towards success and other things.

What matters is individualism.
Some men are above women.
Some women are above men.
No gender is inferior to other, rather, it's an individualism inferiority on both genders.

Using Einstein, Newton achievements to argue is a fallacy because it solely belongs to him not all men. Argue with yours.

will you also tell the feminists in here to stop using marie curie's achievements too?

When women put all men together as a group, why won't we take the achievement of Einstein and Newton as ours? Afterall, they also don't only claim the achievement of real women, they also claim the power of the mythical Lilith and women of the Amazons.

We men also have to fight against how feminism sees us which is becoming engrained in men's mentality.

Feminism told men it is ok to sit down and let his wife feed him. Some men took that in and guess the result? These men became what even the feminists won't even want to date. These men became what the society and feminists will point to as evidence of failure of the male gender. We are also seen as the enemy, the rapist, the one whomust be contained at all cost.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2015
I am going to hang up my boots here. I have done more than enough in this thread. I feel men and women should notbe having this kind of arguement. According to Henry Kissinger, the gender war will never be won, and i absolutely agree with him. At a time like ours when being a man is increasingly becoming difficult courtesy third wave feminism, we have no choice to oppose what is becoming poisonous to our psyche. I also give kudos rto those women who opposed us here. While i do not agree with you, it is important that you continue in the opposition because if you stop, then there could be a reversal on you gains over the past 50 years. If we also allow you to continue in your tyranical way, that could also reverse the gains of 1st wave feminists.

This is my LAST post in this thread. I'm out!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:
Smh

As a matter of fact, most of their greatest achievements were before the advent of feminism. Feminism is not synonymous with development but decline. Go throughout history and check the Roman empire, Spartan empire, Egypt. These great civilisations were defeated when their women took over and their men became androgynous.

I assure you that most of the inventors and wealth creators in the west are what you would call misogynists. Feminism is actually a result of peak civilisation and wealth and not the other way around. Women do not impact the economy as men do. Fact
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

will you also tell the feminists in here to stop using marie curie's achievements too?

When women put all men together as a group, why won't we take the achievement of Einstein and Newton as ours? Afterall, they also don't only claim the achievement of real women, they also claim the power of the mythical Lilith and women of the Amazons.

We men also have to fight against how feminism sees us which is becoming engrained in men's mentality.

Feminism told men it is ok to sit down and let his wife feed him. Some men took that in and guess the result? These men became what even the feminists won't even want to date. These men became what the society and feminists will point to as evidence of failure of the male gender. We are also seen as the enemy, the rapist, the one whomust be contained at all cost.
She made a mention of Marie Curie when you mentioned Einstein. You started it first.

By the way, I don't understand what feminism mean to you.
Nobody is trying to emasculate men and nowhere in feminist articles or definition says such. You are the one forming this balderdash.
Would you tell me all the husband of feminists that are married don't work?

Funny enough, you'all say women don't know the meaning of feminism but will still give crass as a definition.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:
then there could be a reversal on you gains over the past 50 years. If we also allow you to continue in your tyranical way, that could also reverse the gains of 1st wave feminists.
"Gains" that were bestowed upon them by men. grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Moana(f): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2015
Ngokafor:

...Nnem cool down,i am on your sideoo...just read my post again..
im so sorry i misread your post i apologise

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

don't mind these people. The victim mentality is not only an evidence of an unfortunate pathology on their own part, but also an example silly excuse! For them, it always has to do with the other person.

Since most feminists are arrongant towards religion and religious stories of the creation, may be they can answer this question: if men and women started off with the same psychological wiring such that what interests us and makes us feel fulfiled are one and exactly the same, then at what point did the difference come in? What were the factors that led to it? How was it that women were 'held down' by almost all cultures all through history? How did the man force her into that position of 'oppression'?

I really want answers from the smartest feminist in here.
lol, believe me, none of them can even attempt an answer. Stillfire and co were just going round in circles of repeating question which has been felt with.

There are two things feminist and homosexuals have in common

1- They are Godless and almost always refuting the bible/quaran, ideologies which has survived the vast part of human civilizations for something written by a sad, unfulfilled woman which hasn't stood up to science, philosophy and religion.

2- They fight against nature .

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 13, 2015
^^^

Are you really this dumb or love making jest of yourself?
Everything is against nature. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 11:18am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

you getting very desperate here.

First of all, i did not and have not said or insinuated in a way, form or measure that women should be kept out of school. I strongly believe in the education for all. Infact, my not seeing education as primarily a means to getting a job but that which we need to relate with our environment better is the reason why anyone, not even you stillfire, can acuse me of believing that women should be kept out of school or any kind of course she wants to study. Mean while, it is simple to acuse you, stillfire, of believing that some kind of people should be kept out of school or some kind of courses because you see education as primarily that which should give you a job.

Infact, approaches like yours is the reason why most people who study stems, are not improving it in anyway. Organizing a dicipline into a career may have all of its advantages, but there is one big mistake we are making when we organize diciplines into professions and career, especially the stem courses. We give it a boundry! And by so doing, we restrict the involvement of those who actually studied the stems in school but did not pass very well (because, of course, these people begin to believe you have to be a 'guru' in class and come out with a first class in order to improve development in that area). You also reduce the involvement of those who did not study the stems in school from participating in the stems. But the truth is that, you don't have to have studied physics in school in order to be able to improve physics in any way through revolutionary theories and scientific laws.

What do you think? That the pioneers of physics called themselves physists? They were just people who were curious about nature.

And pls, it is in your interest to speak to me in a civil manner, or else, i will go all out against you.

craziebone:

you getting very desperate here.
First of all, i did not and have not said or insinuated in a way, form or measure that women should be kept out of school. I strongly believe in the education for all. Infact, my not seeing education as primarily a means to getting a job but that which we need to relate with our environment better is the reason why anyone, not even you stillfire, can acuse me of believing that women should be kept out of school or any kind of course she wants to study. Mean while, it is simple to acuse you, stillfire, of believing that some kind of people should be kept out of school or some kind of courses because you see education as primarily that which should give you a job.
Infact, approaches like yours is the reason why most people who study stems, are not improving it in anyway. Organizing a dicipline into a career may have all of its advantages, but there is one big mistake we are making when we organize diciplines into professions and career, especially the stem courses. We give it a boundry! And by so doing, we restrict the involvement of those who actually studied the stems in school but did not pass very well (because, of course, these people begin to believe you have to be a 'guru' in class and come out with a first class in order to improve development in that area). You also reduce the involvement of those who did not study the stems in school from participating in the stems. But the truth is that, you don't have to have studied physics in school in order to be able to improve physics in any way through revolutionary theories and scientific laws.
What do you think? That the pioneers of physics called themselves physists? They were just people who were curious about nature.
And pls, it is in your interest to speak to me in a civil manner, or else, i will go all out against you.

You can go against me if you like, the problem is that you have to make logical conclusions, every illogical conclusion would be trashed. You know why this is funny to me, I am not the one making arguments that women are not cut out for the workforce, women should rely on their natural capabilities of homemaking, women do no not have the capabilities to lead and revolutionize culture, and in the same breath championing the education of women. grin grin grin You can see how silly the whole premise of the thread is. Today's system is set up in a way that to gain more knowledge you have to compete with other applicants to gain admissions into universities. If people's intent is not to pursue a career out of it, there is always an option of homeschooling so they can apply their so called enlightenment for the fun of it to the 'home' front. Why saturate the admission pool and restrict genuine people from achieving success? That is wickedness!

the truth is that, you don't have to have studied physics in school in order to be able to improve physics in any way through revolutionary theories and scientific laws

No, the truth is that a physicist is more than likely to improve physics today more than someone who just stumbled on it. An outlier does not make it the norm. Argument trashed.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Ok. Lets leave Einstein's time and go way back to ancient Athens.

Under the athenian education, equal opportunity was given to both the boy and girl child. At that time, power was not in stems but law, oratory, philosophy etc. Despite the equal opportunity given to both boys and girls, the like of aristotle, plato etc are the ones who would come to mind when you mention greece. Where are the ladies in those societies?

Most times, people are more concerned about getting women into the STEM courses, but refuse to see that there are other departments that women are still under represented and women who have studied it have not gone on ahead to distinguish themselves. The department of philosophy is one of such. Most people go without suspecting that women have not distinguished themselves in philosophy. But everyone is concerned about the STEMs. This confirms that feminism isn't about all round equality but elitism.

Where did you get the whole equal opportunity of boy and girl child in Athens? If I can remember my study of history correctly, Athens was very much a patriarchal society and women were barred from reading and writing and debates. And then you magically expect a female Aristotle or Plato?
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 11:46am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

don't mind these people. The victim mentality is not only an evidence of an unfortunate pathology on their own part, but also an example silly excuse! For them, it always has to do with the other person.
One reason why modern feminism is nothing but an organized clown carnival.

Since most feminists are arrogant towards religion and religious stories of the creation, may be they can answer this question: if men and women started off with the same psychological wiring such that what interests us and makes us feel fulfilled are one and exactly the same, then at what point did the difference come in? What were the factors that led to it? How was it that women were 'held down' by almost all cultures all through history? How did the man force her into that position of 'oppression'?
Surprisingly, I read on this board how some feminists also call themselves Christians... as in, being religious and all.

I honestly don't get how a feminist could still be a Christian.

I really want answers from the smartest feminist in here.
It's a lot easier to find a 'Christian' feminist than to find a 'smart' feminist on Nairaland. . . see what I did there? grin

At best, what you get is sensationalism in a bid to whip up sympathetic sentiments. . . the insistence on victimization is their greatest weapon.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

hmm, i see you are getting desperate now. I think you should quit with the head-start argument.

In ancient Athens, equal priority was given to both men and women education. Infact, the modern education equality that has been codified in western education of today is simply a copy-cat from the Athenian education. But in Greece or Athens, the men still went on ahead to dominate intellectualism. When you think Greece, the like of Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras etc are the ones that come to mind. This is despite the fact that the girl child education was given equal attention by their society.

At the begining of formal education in Europe (when i say Europe, i mean we should excluded the romans and the greeks), access to education was more classist rather than sexist. Rich women got access to education more than the ordinary man got! And that means they were more educated than the average man.

No, i do not believe that there are courses women should not take up. I have always being in favour of "let everyone do what they want to do". What i am against is the forcing of women into courses they just do not find fulfiling, on the average and you take slots from men and giving them to women simply because they are women. Although that doesn't happen here in Nigeria, but it does happen around the world. I am also against the shaming of other women who just do not want the so-called empowerment the feminist folk want to shove down their throat. And by empowerment, i mean taking up 'positions of power' when the woman actually wants something else.

[b]I think feminism should be about giving women a choice and that means, if she wants to be a SAHM (stay at home mom), so be it! But feminists go about shaming such women and telling them that it was better they did not waste tax payer money in the first place by getting an education in the first place. They say this as if education is first of all about getting a job rather than a better relationship with nature. Thr likes of you, Bukatyne and stillfire are the ones who get angry at women who go to school and refuse to take up a career. Again, that's a shallow way to look at education; that it is for getting a job.

Lastly, men have always had the choice to pick a woman who suits them for a wife. But the problem is...when most men refuse to pick a woman with a strong drive for work and career, they are termed weak, insecure and intimidated by a strong, independent and successful woman. People who shame men this way deny that a man can have an option. And as a result, we see men, who ordinarily wouldn't go for a 'successful' woman due to the simple and innocent fact that they are just not compatible, go for such women and the end result is a pathetic marriage.

The bottom line is, stop shaming men who do not want a 'successful' woman. It may not be that he is intimidated, but that he just wants a particular kind of home.[/b]

You have not found any novel idea here. Every feminist knows that feminism is about women making their own choices, not at the dictates of men like you telling women they are not cut out of the workplace. What you are accusing us of is what exactly you are guilty of.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2015
If we can have christians that are still non-virgin or having boyfriend and girlfriend when bible says otherwise, I don't see a reason why there won't be a christian feminist.

Mtcheew
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2015
I see some people are still playing the African men have never contributed to intellectual civilization card...
This stance is so devoid of fact and thorough research.

I remember an argument I once had with the recently deactivated bi-polar pseudo-feminist in the person of Carefreewannabe, I actually went through the pain of posting an extensive list of notable Africans who have contributed immensely to science, Mathematics, and even the arts along with their contributions and inventions.
Some were reinventions, others were just research that didn't make headway (probably owing to the fact that they are Africans).

If Africans didn't have the skin-color bias working against them(us), there would be many more documented evidence showing that Africans have indeed contributed to what the feminists call modern civilization.
The history books do not do enough justice in outlining African intellectualism.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:
If we can have christians that are still non-virgin or having boyfriend and girlfriend when bible says otherwise, I don't see a reason why there won't be a christian feminist.

Mtcheew
gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
5minsmadness:

I wash plates even when my girl is around. What's wrong with that?

Wow wow wow, all of a sudden all the men on this thread are 'homely'. Saving this thread for future use! Hahaha
Where's Coogar jare, Coogar are you going to be in the kitchen while your unpregnant wife relaxes in the room and your mum visits? grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:

Mtcheew
cry me a river..
You had better wash my clothes,when we marrry unless am so kicking u out..u arE confusing laziness for been a feminist..lazy girl,,
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Stillfire:

Wow wow wow, all of a sudden all the men on this thread are 'homely'. Saving this thread for future use! Hahaha

Where's Coogar jare, Coogar are you going to be in the kitchen while your unpregnant wife relaxes in the room and your mum visits? grin

not in my lifetime.....
my wife has to have an excellent culinary skill even when she's pregnant. pregnancy is not a disease. she would cook more while pregnant sef. pregnant women need to exercise more to ease delivery of the child.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Regarding the topic, I can't say whether or not the modern woman is sad... it's not something that I wish to dwell on because the derivatives for happiness and/or sadness cuts across time and is independent of it.

However, if feminism is what the modern feminist feels she needs to be happy and content in a male-dominated world...then they really have some serious rethinking to do.

Feminism in it's glory days aimed to put males and females on the same pedestal, modern feminism (partly third-wave) actually has an elitist leaning.
It aims not only to put males and females on the same social, economic, and professional pedestal...it also wants to place women above and beyond the same so-called 'patriarchal society' that allowed them a voice in the first place... This is the problem.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
crackhaus:
Regarding the topic, I can't say whether or not the modern woman is sad ... it's not something that I wish to dwell on because the derivatives for happiness and/or sadness cuts across time and is independent of it.

i can categorically tell you the modern woman is extremely sad. 1 in 3 women take anti-depressants in the US. the study also found that women are two and a half times more likely to take antidepressant medication as males,

23% of women ages 40 to 59 take antidepressants, more than in any other age or sex group. in a nutshell, you cannot be happy and yet consume such amount of pills. the use of anti-depressants has gone up to a whopping 400% in the last 2 decades.

mr crackhaus, i hope i have been able to convince you that the modern woman is extremely sad. grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by ifyan(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
TooNoisy:
[size=14pt]NIGERIA CELEBRATES THE EMERGENCE OF THE FIRST FEMALE GOVERNOR.

SHE IS MARRIED, RELIGIOUS AND SHE IS NOT A FEMINIST![/size]

My bro that is were FEMINIST got it wrong. By fighting what they say is EQUAL RIGHT for WOMEN.

Take a GOOD look at SUCCESSFUL women around the WORLD. You will notice that men are around her.

2. If her HUSBAND is alive. She close to him.

3. She is not a FEMINIST like what we hear everywhere.

4. She acknowledge World beauty.

5. She RESPECTFUL to MEN.

I can go on and on .
I laugh at those calling themselves FEMINIST

THINGS THAT ARE COMMON AMONG FEMINIST

1. FRUSTRATION

2. DECEITFUL MOVEMENT

3. JEALOUSY

4. ALWAYS BLAME THE MALE FOLKS ON THEIR DOWNFALL

5. UNHAPPY

6. DIP IN THEIR MIND THEY WISH TO BE MALE

7. ANGER.

8. PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECT COMES TO PLAY IN THEIR LIVES.

9. GROW HATRED TOWARD MALE FOLKS

10. LESBIANISM START TO DEVELOP

11. YOU KNOW.....
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by ifyan(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
crackhaus:
Regarding the topic, I can't say whether or not the modern woman is sad... it's not something that I wish to dwell on because the derivatives for happiness and/or sadness cuts across time and is independent of it.

However, if feminism is what the modern feminist feels she needs to be happy and content in a male-dominated world...then they really have some serious rethinking to do.

Feminism in it's glory days aimed to put males and females on the same pedestal, modern feminism (partly third-wave) actually has an elitist leaning.
It aims not only to put males and females on the same social, economic, and professional pedestal...it also wants to place women above and beyond the same so-called 'patriarchal society' that allowed them a voice in the first place... This is the problem.

THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T SOLVE.

UNLESS THEY CAN REVERSE THE WORLD.

FAIL MOVEMENT..........
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by TooNoisy(f): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
ifyan:

My bro that is were FEMINIST got it wrong. By fighting what they say is EQUAL RIGHT for WOMEN.

Take a GOOD look at SUCCESSFUL women around the WORLD. You will notice that men are around her.

2. If her HUSBAND is alive. She close to him.

3. She is not a FEMINIST like what we hear everywhere.

4. She acknowledge World beauty.

5. She RESPECTFUL to MEN.

I can go on and on .
I laugh at those calling themselves FEMINIST

THINGS THAT ARE COMMON AMONG FEMINIST

1. FRUSTRATION

2. DECEITFUL MOVEMENT

3. JEALOUSY

4. ALWAYS BLAME THE MALE FOLKS ON THEIR DOWNFALL

5. UNHAPPY

6. DIP IN THEIR MIND THEY WISH TO BE MALE

7. ANGER.

8. PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECT COMES TO PLAY IN THEIR LIVES.

9. GROW HATRED TOWARD MALE FOLKS

10. LESBIANISM START TO DEVELOP

11. YOU KNOW.....

I'm a chic.

But I will add poverty and joblessness to your list.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

i can categorically tell you the modern woman is extremely sad. 1 in 3 women take anti-depressants in the US. the study also found that women are two and a half times more likely to take antidepressant medication as males,

23% of women ages 40 to 59 take antidepressants, more than in any other age or sex group. in a nutshell, you cannot be happy and yet consume such amount of pills. the use of anti-depressants has gone up to a whopping 400% in the last 2 decades.

mr crackhaus, i hope i have been able to convince you that the modern woman is extremely sad. grin
Interesting...
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by ifyan(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
TooNoisy:

I'm a chic.

But I will add poverty and joblessness to your list.

YOU DE THERE
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
crackhaus:

gringrin
Not funny undecided
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
ifyan:

THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T SOLVE.

UNLESS THEY CAN REVERSE THE WORLD.

FAIL MOVEMENT..........
Actually, what modern feminists and pseudo-feminists alike are doing is riding on the successes of their forerunners.

First-wave and early second-wave feminism have just about succeeded in it's goal, but that's just about it.

Modern feminism is already a failed movement if it can not introduce anything substantial and economically/socially significant.
All I keep seeing/hearing them fight for is;
- how to go bare-breasted because men can,
- how to have sex with countless men and not be called who.res,
-how to earn the same as men in the same professional category (forgetting that men don't get maternity leaves and are on average more productive),
- how to increase the number of house-husbands so they can assume authority,
- how to sing and chant 'who runs the world? Girls!' while dressing half-naked and objectifying themselves in the process etc. etc.

The things that modern feminism seems to be interested in are purely vain and self-actualizing rather than economically sound.
I don't see how achieving any of the few things I listed above makes the world a better place...at best, those are just selfish desires.

I and a lot of other people will take modern feminism serious the day they venture into the middle-east and some other countries to liberate the women there whose rights are being taken for granted, instead of staying put in the western countries that already see them as equals while shouting and screaming equality for all women-folk.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.