Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Why The Modern Woman Is Sad - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad (42808 Views)

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2015
Unibenstudent:
cry me a river..
You had better wash my clothes,when we marrry unless am so kicking u out..u arE confusing laziness for been a feminist..lazy girl,,
Ode, you'll marry a village girl.

Did I tell you i'm studying home economics? undecided
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by ifyan(m): 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
crackhaus:

Actually, what modern feminists and pseudo-feminists alike are doing is riding on the successes of their forerunners.

First-wave and early second-wave feminism have just about succeeded in it's goal, but that's just about it.

Modern feminism is already a failed movement if it can not introduce anything substantial and economically/socially significant.
All I keep seeing/hearing them fight for is;
- how to go bare-breasted because men can,
- how to have sex with countless men and not be called who.res,
-how to earn the same as men in the same professional category (forgetting that men don't get maternity leaves and are on average more productive),
- how to increase the number of house-husbands so they can assume authority,
- how to sing and chant 'who runs the world? Girls!' while dressing half-naked and objectifying themselves in the process etc. etc.

The things that modern feminism seems to be interested in are purely vain and self-actualizing rather than economically sound.
I don't see how achieving any of the few things I listed above makes the world a better place...at best, those are just selfish desires.

I and a lot of other people will take modern feminism serious the day they venture into the middle-east and some other countries to liberate the women there whose rights are being taken for granted, instead of staying put in the western countries that already see them as equals while shouting and screaming equality for all women-folk.

They don't support themselves.

Good point Bro.

You know.......
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
Feminists are lesbians? I'd rather be a lesbian than jumping from a dick to another.

Poverty and Joblessness? A poor and Jobless person will definitely not be online burning BIS especially on Nairaland.
Go figure who's poor and jobless.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by redhook(m): 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:
Feminists are lesbians? I'd rather be a lesbian than jumping from a dick to another.

Poverty and Joblessness? A poor and Jobless person will definitely not be online burning BIS especially on Nairaland.
grin
Vickybee:

....madam na by BIS burning U dey take quantify poverty or wealth? U just showed your hand to the world! Lol! Poor girl!

6 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by crackhaus: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:

Not funny undecided
It is, actually grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by funlord(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
grin lol! Dis redhook na boss! Chop knuckle sir!

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:

Ode, you'll marry a village girl.

Did I tell you i'm studying home economics? undecided
cry of a girl fed up from been domesticallized,,please hire a non feminist to wash your children clothes and to wash your husband clothes and his Dick..
And pls don't come to social network crying that ur husband is fucking ur maid..

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Unibenstudent:
cry of a girl fed up from been domesticallized,,please higher a non feminist to wash your children clothes and to wash your husband clothes and his Dick..
And pls don't come to social network crying that ur husband is fucking ur maid..
You think men have priority over cheating? You must be delusional
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
This two foolish bi-polar asinine have invaded this thread. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:

You think men have priority over cheating? You must be delusional
what u just typed is gibberish because neither I nor u understood what u typed but what I and u understand is that u have little or no butt which no man needs ,so u can run along with ur feminist views and die a single girl because no man wants a feminist as a wife not to talk of a flat and fine faced ,flat breasted and flat butted girl..please do plastic surgery to increase ur physique before frontiering for a feminist world ..u are not attractive in the first place..get off ur high horse and stop thinking any one enjoys feminists..no one does

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by redhook(m): 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:
This two foolish bi-polar asnine have envaded this thread. undecided
....learn to write with proper diction! That's probably another sign of your "poverty related educational" upbringing! Dunce!

4 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Coming from an ugly dude that I'd rather be a lesbian or nun than have a sexual fling with. tongue
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:
Coming from an ugly dude that I'd rather be a lesbian or nun than have a sexual fling with. tongue
shallap,I have flung many endowed lady than u,,so ur unattractiveness to my prowess and physical charms are negligible,,a guy needs not to butress on his looks but a lady is governed by looks,take it or leave it..

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
Consolation. Sorry, eh. grin
Anyway, your ugliness is the least of my worries.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
craziebone:

if you decide to deliberately misunderstand or dliberately put words in my mouth, well that's your cancer!!!

Where exactly did i insinuate that her achievement do not count just because she worked with her husband?

Nigger, i am science inclined and you cannot begin to understand the extent to which i appreciate scientific concepts and theories as well as those who first made us to know them.

I am not the one putting so much emphasy on the STEMs. Infact, i believe that i brought up philosophy somewhere. Feminists are the ones who place so much importance on the STEMs. Your comerade, stillfire, is one of such.

@ bold:

See my later post.

Had issues quoting modifying this post
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
vickybee & unibenstudent sitting on the tree....K-I-S-S-I-N-G. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:
Consolation. Sorry, eh. grin
Anyway, your ugliness is the least of my worries.
go and face ur M.P and use nyansh enhancers and nyansh pads to attract cute boys..and put foam in ur bra

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:
vickybee & unib enstudent sitting on the tree....K-I-S-S-I-N-G. cheesy
I don't do ugly dudes. grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
bukatyne:

@ bold:
Whose post is this?

craziebone:

haha! This is strawman arguement my dear, especially with the tubman example.

I didn't mean that women are incapable of something sublime, of course they are! There are countless examples of women who have actually done alot to advance intellectualism and the world has benefited from their work so much. I can even add to your list if you want me to.

What i was trying to drive home is that women are generally (and when i say generally, i mean on the average) are not relaxed by subjects like Physics, mathematics and philosophy. Hence the natural low number of women in those area. Dora, though a pharmacist, is not known for inventing any drug really. She is known more with chairing an organization that was highly effective in combating fake drugs. Her achievements are more in the area of management rather than pharmacy, her chosen proffession. But feminism came up and because it is more concerned about elitism and man jealousy, it decided to push women into areas that just do not relax them.

Today, even though women make up a large part of stem courses and sometimes are best graduating students in those courses, their overall contribution to the advancement of the field is still very very low.

Also, it is important to note that the work for which Marie Curie is known, she did it together with a man, her husband. They were both awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry for their pionering work in radioactivity.

So no! The arguement doesnt go both ways.

NB: Dora's excellecnce at NAFDAC was inspired by her personal story. The fight against fake drugs was personal to her. She needed an extra push to trigger her inovative skills. Einstein did not need a very personal extra push to come up with his theory of relativity. The extra push he had was the basic extra push men have always had that inspired them to be great explorers, innovators and patriachs. That extra push is just simple curiousity.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:

all na shakara jor.
he's good enough for you.

@unibenstudent,
keep the pressure up. each time she's called you ugly, she has put a "happy" smiley next to it. it's a sign she's highly interested in you. if i were in your shoes, i would PM vickybee. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

not in my lifetime.....
my wife has to have an excellent culinary skill even when she's pregnant. pregnancy is not a disease. she would cook more while pregnant sef. pregnant women need to exercise more to ease delivery of the child.

Lol, this is why I like you. The fraud on this thread is annoying. In one breath they say women are not cut out for so called tough jobs and are sad, but they still want her to pursue her education, get straight A's and become a housewife. What then is the essence of all that education? Men deciding women's fate since 300 BC. Chai! grin
So what do you think of the premise of this discussion? If women are not cut out for the workforce, cannot build civilization, are basically tantamount to nonentities who are stealing the air that men are supposed to only breathe, shouldn't women focus more on their 'innate' home economics skills, why educate a girl to university taking the space of genuine men like yourself who need to get admission into the university? Are you going to use derivatives to cook nkwobi and egusi soup? grin grin grin
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
Vickybee:

I fine pass ur papa
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol, this is why I like you. The fraud on this thread is annoying. In one breath they say women are not cut out for so called tough jobs and are sad, but they still want her to pursue her education, get straight A's and become a housewife. Men deciding women's fate since 300 BC. Chai! grin

women should be educated - contrary to what you think, every man desires a woman that can present mentally-stimulating points in an argument. however, if she desires to marry & raise rugrats, her career needs to pause till those kids make it to high school(at the very least). it's the most ideal method to nourish the kids.

So what do you think of the premise of this discussion? If women are not cut out for the workforce, cannot build civilization, are basically tantamount to nonentities who are stealing the air that men are supposed to only breathe, shouldn't women focus more on their 'innate' home economics skills, why educate a girl to university taking the space of genuine men like yourself who need to get admission into the university?

because there are women(albeit very few) who do not desire marriage or desire to have kids. for this minority few, nothing should stop them from going as far as they can in their career. maternity leave or what not does not apply to them.

for the one who wants to be married to a man and perhaps have kids in the future, they should be educated enough to a degree level and then stay home to raise their families.

it's counter-productive to the economy to give women equality rights to pursue degrees in top universities only for those women to abandon their career to raise kids. for every woman that does that, a man who could have taken his career to the level of einstein has been denied.

Are you going to use derivatives to cook nkwobi and egusi soup? grin grin grin

i am very poor in the kitchen - it's a skill i never thought i needed. if i am hungry, i will buy food rather than waste my precious time adding derivatives to cook nkwobi & egusi stew.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

i can categorically tell you the modern woman is extremely sad. 1 in 3 women take anti-depressants in the US. the study also found that women are two and a half times more likely to take antidepressant medication as males,

23% of women ages 40 to 59 take antidepressants, more than in any other age or sex group. in a nutshell, you cannot be happy and yet consume such amount of pills. the use of anti-depressants has gone up to a whopping 400% in the last 2 decades.

mr crackhaus, i hope i have been able to convince you that the modern woman is extremely sad. grin

All these can be explained. cheesy Has nothing to do with the logic of this thread that is due to women working. There are reasons and it is all biological. grin

40 to 59 years are the menopausal years.
Depression may strike at any time, but women appear to be particularly vulnerable during their childbearing years. Women are at highest risk for depression during pregnancy and shortly after delivery. One recent study indicated that as many as 25 percent of women suffer from depression during either pregnancy or postpartum period. Yet, in most of these women, the illness goes unrecognized and untreated.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Chinum: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Your happiness lies in your hands and not in the dictates of the society.

I don't know where you saw these sad women, but the ones around me are happy.

Do what makes you fulfilled bro but no amount of whining and bashing can take us back to 1800. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

women should be educated - contrary to what you think, every man desires a woman that can present a mentally-stimulating points in an argument. however, if she desires to marry & raise rugrats, her career needs to pause till those kids make it to high school(at the very least). it's the most ideal method to nourish the kids.

because there are women(albeit very few) who do not desire marriage or desire to have kids. for this minority few, nothing should stop them from going as far as they can in their career. maternity leave or what not does not apply to them.

for the ones who wants to be married to a man and perhaps have kids in the future, they should be educated enough to a degree level and then stay home to raise their families.

it's counter-productive to the economy to give women equality rights to pursue degrees in top universities only for those women to abandon their career to raise kids. for every woman that does that, a man who could have taken his career to the level of einstein has been denied.

i am very poor in the kitchen - it's a skill i never thought i needed. if i am hungry, i will buy food rather than waste my precious time adding derivatives to cook nkwobi & egusi stew.

Every man wants a mentally stimulating woman, but do not want the consequences of her being mentally stimulated. grin Do you put into consideration that the prospects of getting a job after being out for years limits anyone's chances of joining the workforce afterwards. If you can assure women that the future won't be bleak for them, maybe they will stay home grin. For now, I have a solution though, men should be invested in the home as well as much as women, in order to 'strike a balance'. grin I am not against protecting the family unit. cool Good families make for good society. cool

By derivatives, I mean maths/physics o. Read that sentence again. grin

I agree 100%. But crazie bone thinks there's nothing wrong in it going all the way and not getting anything out of it. grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
Stillfire:

Every man wants a mentally stimulating woman, but do not want the consequences of her being mentally stimulated. grin

i agree!
it's really a gift & a curse. we want women to be educated & civilised but there are big risks attached to that. the robot can very well turn against its programmer. grin

Do you put into consideration that the prospects of getting a job after being out for years limits anyone's chances of joining the workforce afterwards. If you can assure women that the future won't be bleak for them, maybe they will stay home grin.

and this was why i said if she desires kids & husband, she should forget pursuing a career. it's very very difficult to combine the two. child care is becoming expensive & housemaids are becoming more evil.

For now, I have a solution though, men should be invested in the home as well as much as women, in order to 'strike a balance'. grin I am not against protecting the family unit. cool Good families make for good society. cool

men would have loved to stay at home but biology does not agree. my wife carries the breast, not me. grin

By derivatives, I mean maths/physics o. Read that sentence again. grin

my bad. i thighs you meant food condiments grin

I agree 100%. But crazie bone thinks there's nothing wrong in it going all the way and not getting anything out of it. grin

crazie bone is being unfair. tongue
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bookkeepers: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Though daunting, a woman can effectively combine her career ambition with her role as a wife and mother. What she needs is an understanding husband and ability to plan. She can explore aspects of our career that are less demanding. For instance, she could be a lecturer, work in the public service, work as an in-house counsel, or set up a business. I know a banker who takes her children to the office in turns on Saturdays when she's on weekend duty. Her children now look forward to such Saturdays as they get some "mum and me" time.
Meanwhile, here's a great book for those who are married or soon to be married. You will find it helpful. Visit for more details: http://bookconvo.com/answers-for-your-marriage-by-bruce-carol-britten/

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by armyofone(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

Lol, I thought I have heard it all grin
Anyway, I like your style man, Ruth Chris please.
You are so right, African women do waste too much time cooking this and that when they could easily order take out or dine in for their spouse.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by coogar: 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
armyofone:

Lol, I thought I have heard it all grin
Anyway, I like your style man, Ruth Chris please.
You are so right, African women do waste too much time cooking this and that when they could easily order take out or dine in.

and then smell like onions & tomato in the bedroom. such a turn off! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.