Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Why The Modern Woman Is Sad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad (42679 Views)

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by plaetton: 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
First, let's address the margins of this so-called 'happiness'. In 1972, the average woman rated her happiness as a 2.24; in 2006 she rated her happiness as a 2.17 on a scale from 1-3. Do the math, OP. That amounts to about a 3% decrease in elusive 'happiness' from 1972. 3%. Talk less of '35' yr span, if you were 3% less or more happy than last year, would you truly consider this a change worthy of an in-depth analysis?

Secondly, it stands to reason that the more your opportunities/choices/expectations grow - the more your life expands. The more you'll juggle! More demands on your time & abilities, both personally and professionally = more responsibilities, and relationships. Inevitably, this means more room on things to be potentially 'unhappy' about than ever before, no?

Furthermore, how ludicrous that you're actively blaming feminism for general female unhappiness, when the 1970's was the heyday of feminism - a time when women felt a real sense of feminist community, and were actively engaged in the movement. Which, ironically enough, implies that women were happier during the times when the feminist movement was at its strongest, and less happy during the times when the backlash rose to fore, or the tides of the *ism* waned. Lezz-be-real!
I do agree that the more responsibility a woman shoulders outside the home, the more chances of emotional fatigue and stress, ultimately affecting happiness. This is the true situation that I noticed with African women abroad who try to balance being the African wife and motherhood with work and careers. More often than not, the center cannot hold.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:

And you judge happiness by no of divorces?

Does it occur to you that the divorce rates were lower because it was not widely accepted? Same with baby mamaism

How many women have you personally come across that are sad because they want to be like men?

What is ratio of women who alter themselves to be men to men who alter themselves to be women?
I choose to believe you misunderstood me. By women trying to be men, I was implying the prioritizing of thier goal to achieving happiness which is as a result of modern feminism.

The rate of divorces were lower in 1979 as compared to today , and yes women were happier then as research shows. Divorce is hard on humans, both male and female. But I think women are worse hit not because of any social conditioning or cultural inclinations, but because they are inherently different by psychological and biological dispositions.

Evolution has balanced the gap between man and woman for millions of years. Modern feminists get confused and wicked and spun lies from a selfish political ideological point of view.

Men pursue power, glory, money and social status to satisfy their abundant testosterone and also to impress the ladies.

Evolution balanced this gap by giving women the skills and ability to control men. All she needed to do was invoke her inbuilt feminine meekness and wiles. That's what our mothers did with wisdom without the corruption of modern feminist education.

Men control the money, power and politics plus resources,and women control men. That's the balance of power by God in his wisdom of mystery of evolution.

Today's feminist have become pretenders who venture out side their natural comfort zones and area of strength to compete and think what a man can do they can do better.
they can't be further from the truth, the difference between men and women means they both have areas of natural expertise.

The Swedish and Americans have begun ripping the folly of their intelligence. All the nations of feminist movement have come to report the increasing unhappiness of women even as their financial and economic status rise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
plaetton:

I do agree that the more responsibility a woman shoulders outside the home, the more chances of emotional fatigue and stress, ultimately affecting happiness. This is the true situation that I noticed with African women abroad who try to balance being the African wife and motherhood with work and careers. More often than not, the center cannot hold.

Like I said, it stands to reason. Home (THEN) vs Home + Career + ETC (NOW). There's no comparison.

The outcome is on 'you'.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by plaetton: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
I choose to believe you misunderstood me. By women trying to be men, I was implying the prioritizing of thier goal to achieving happiness which is as a result of modern feminism.

The rate of divorces were lower in 1979 as compared to today , and yes women were happier then as research shows. Divorce is hard on humans, both male and female. But I think women are worse hit not because of any social conditioning or cultural inclinations, but because they are inherently different by psychological and biological dispositions.

Evolution has balanced the gap between man and woman for millions of years. Modern feminists get confused and wicked and spun lies from a selfish political ideological point of view.

Men pursue power, glory, money and social status to satisfy their abundant testosterone and also to impress the ladies.

Evolution balanced this gap by giving women the skills and ability to control men. All she needed to do was invoke her inbuilt feminine meekness and wiles. That's what our mothers did with wisdom without the corruption of modern feminist education.

Men controls the money, power and politics plus resources,and women control men. Balance of power by God in his wisdom of mystery of evolution.

Today's feminist have become pretenders who venture out side their natural comfort zones and area of strength to compete and think what a man can do they can do better.
they can't be further from the truth, the difference between men and women means they both have areas of natural expertise.

The Swedish and Americans have begun ripping the folly of their intelligence. All the nations of feminist movement have come to report the increasing unhappiness of women as their financial and economic status rise.
Excellent.
I couldnt agree more with you.

I am A modern man, but a realist.
I don't ever want my wife working as hard or even harder than I do.

When you try to subvert nature, distress and disharmony ensues.
The funny thing is that men have not changed one bit in thousands of years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:

Men controls the money, power and politics plus resources,and women control men. Balance of power by God in his wisdom of mystery of evolution.

[b]Today's feminist have become pretenders who venture out side their natural comfort zones and area of strength to compete and think what a man can do they can do better.
[/b]they can't be further from the truth, the difference between men and women means they both have areas of natural expertise.

The Swedish and Americans have begun ripping the folly of their intelligence. All the nations of feminist movement have come to report the increasing unhappiness of women as their financial and economic status rise.

All your fears can be prevented by limiting your daughters education to home economics. We don't what the daughters out of their natural comfort zone. Do not let them partake in the sciences to test their intellectual capabilities thereby threatening the man in the future. STEM subjects are usually the drivers of power and glory, which makes men happy but leads women to unhappiness, rotflmao.

10 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

All your fears can be prevented by limiting your daughters education to home economics. We don't what the daughters out of their natural comfort zone. Do not let them partake in the sciences to test their intellectual capabilities thereby threatening the man in the future. STEM subjects are usually the drivers of power and glory, which makes men happy but leads women to unhappiness, rotflmao.
that's a narrow interpretation of the subject matter. The bottom line is that carrier success, promotion, power and social status has not increased the happiness of women as have been shown in research statistics. Because what makes a man happy isn't what necessarily makes a woman happy.

The bottom line is applying carrier and motherhood in a good balance as Danielle wrote in her record smashing book: What Our mothers Didn't Tell Us:"[b]Why Happiness Eludes The Modern Woman"[/b]

My daughters are going to get that striking balance.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by swaggzo(m): 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
Vickybee:

I've given you what feminism means. Define it how it suits you at your own peril

What's Science and Medicine? What will you give me as an answer? Textbook and its actual definition, ain't it?

I'VE KNOWN YOU ON NAIRALAND FOR SOMETIME NOW BUT I NEVER IMAGINED YOU CAN BE THIS SHALLOW.
BYE.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
plaetton:

Excellent.

If your wife is a tailor and you work in a corporate organization, she will work harder than you.

Ditto If she is a stay at home mom.

Except you have a different interpretation to hardwork

3 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
plaetton:

Excellent.

This is a very inconclusive conclusion embroidered in deceit to protect men from engaging in 'homely' responsibilities, that modern culture demands.
The world has move from a village style ecological niche to a more global setting.
It took a village to train a child not only figuratively but also literally. Extended families provided that framework in the old days. The mother was not the only one taking care of her child. She had a network of other wives, grandmothers, relatives to do so.
Extended family members today live thousands of miles away even across countries. The network is no more there, husbands must fill this void that extended families filled up, so that the wives do not quench. But apparently, the laziness of the male posits him to shield away from such responsibilities citing cultural roles that made sense then, but do not make sense now.

African women have always, always worked harder than the men. So I don't get the whole my wife should not work harder than I am talk.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
that's a narrow interpretation of the subject matter. The bottom line is that carrier success, promotion, power and social status has not increased the happiness of women as have been shown in research statistics. Because what makes a man happy isn't what necessarily makes a woman happy.

The bottom line is applying carrier and motherhood in a good balance as Danielle wrote in her record smashing book: What Our mothers Didn't Tell Us:"[b]Why Happiness Eludes The Modern Woman"[/b]

The word you are looking for is joyful. Happiness is fleeting and is temporal.

If I just failed my final exams and I was given N200K cash, I will temporarily forget my failure and be Happy... till the effect wears off and I am back to sadness

Career, promotion, money etc. has never and will never make anybody joyous (Male or female). Else all our bosses at work will be bubbling with joy.

Family alone cannot make people joyous too.

Life calls for balance in all areas for everyone.

Only been content in What you have while striving for more guarantees joy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by plaetton: 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:

If your wife is a tailor and you work in a corporate organization, she will work harder than you.

Ditto If she is a stay at home mom.

Except you have a different interpretation to hardwork
Yes. You have a good point.
But I also sure that you get my gist.
Any toil that imperils the household responsibilities of both man and woman are counterproductive.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
plaetton:

Excellent.

The ignorance of feminist is mind blowing. I have never seen a group so intelligent in ignorance and lacking in wisdom.

Virtually all carrier driven and power hungry women have paid away their children and husbands as a price for their folly.

Which unaltered man with a healthy, uncompromised testosterone will find sexy and eternally seductive a woman who goes to work by 8am looking her soft best for her colleagues and returning home tired,exhausted to the husband. They both arrive at home by ,say, 5pm , both looking tired and worn out. This isn't the way it is meant to be.

possible out comes, the man gets a secret young mistress who is always soft, clean, strong and waiting. Someone whose the very natural disposition is unalterably opposite of his testosterone driven nature. He will lose his power and money to that woman.

The carrier freak wife is going to toil hard and get older,maybe one or two flings with a colleague and she's going to return home old and alien to her husband and children. Then her wiser counterparts whose mothers told them the way around a man's heart will be happier with their children and husband.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Like I said, it stands to reason. Home (THEN) vs Home + Career + ETC (NOW). There's no comparison.

The outcome is on 'you'.

that's exactly what he is saying. Pls, forget about the home in the NOW. Ladies don't stay home today. Infact, that has been taken over by the nanies and daycares.

Feminism lied to women that being a CEO (a male area) is the ultimate way to happiness. They came in to do what we have always done, which does not tell on us very much, and they get terribly hit.

Thank God you did not refute his idea that women are less happy today. Infact, you gave reasons why that may be true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Moana(f): 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
The mordern women are sad, yet you are the ones who spend 80% of your lifetime analysing their lives, if you were happy mordern men would you not spend your time doing something else more profitable than analysing other "sad people's" lives? grin
NL is getting more and more ridiculous

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by plaetton: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

This is a very inconclusive conclusion embroidered in deceit to protect men from engaging in 'homely' responsibilities, that modern culture demands.
The world has move from a village style ecological niche to a more global setting.
It took a village to train a child not only figuratively but also literally. Extended families provided that framework in the old days. The mother was not the only one taking care of her child. She had a network of other wives, grandmothers, relatives to do so.
Extended family members today live thousands of miles away even across countries. The network is no more there, husbands must fill this void that extended families filled up, so that the wives do not quench. But apparently, the laziness of the male posits him to shield away from such responsibilities citing cultural roles that made sense then, but do not make sense now.

African women have always, always worked harder than the men. So I don't get the whole my wife should not work harder than I am talk.
Let me Correct myself by saying that women have always worked harder than men. My apologies for not putting it in proper context.

What I Meant by work is the modern 9-5 routines for wages.
I also Acknowledge that, by sheer necessity, most wives and mothers must work as much or more than the man to make ends meet.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

[s]that's exactly what he is saying. Pls, forget about the home in the NOW. Ladies don't stay home today. Infact, that has been taken over by the nanies and daycares.

Feminism lied to women that being a CEO (a male area) is the ultimate way to happiness. They came in to do what we have always done, which does not tell on us very much, and they get terribly hit.

Thank God you did not refute his idea that women are less happy today. Infact, you gave reasons why that may be true.

[/s]

You should re-read w/ a discerning mind.

1 Like

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:

If a woman's natural calling is to be attending to family why not focus more on her capabilities by taking her to home economics school? If men are the drivers of society why waste efforts on your daughter? Why send her to school? When her utmost goal is to be a homemaker? Do you understand these women are taking admission slots in universities of men who genuinely have the so called 'natural' disposition to amass wealth, power and glory, which creates unhappiness for women? grin Please start from your daughter and I'll take you seriously. Do you know how much STEM subjects costs and how much time spent on such, it would be wasted efforts if a woman, infact anyone studying these courses do not reach her full potential as a career woman. So instead of wasting such time and money with the full knowledge of not practicing her degree, please let her study home economics.

A lot of women are mixing career and family very very well. The so called striking a balance comes from when the husband also strikes his own balance by also attending to the 'homely' responsibilities of taking care of the kids and doing his own house chores.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
bukatyne:

The word you are looking for is joyful. Happiness is fleeting and is temporal.

If I just failed my final exams and I was given N200K cash, I will temporarily forget my failure and be Happy... till the effect wears off and I am back to sadness

Career, promotion, money etc. has never and will never make anybody joyous (Male or female). Else all our bosses at work will be bubbling with joy.

Family alone cannot make people joyous too.

Life calls for balance in all areas for everyone.

Only been content in What you have while striving for more guarantees joy.

No human emotional state is static. There are periodic swift changes. The time lag is of importance here between the state of one emotional condition to anpther. Even menstrual circles alter the emotional state most women.lol

That being said happiness is a state of being as the most predominant state of a persons entire given emotion. It's akin to the state of contentment, of the fulfilment of an inner fulfilment of an oblique task as old as life itself. My happiness is akin to fulfilment

That's why I said happiness for men and women are very different. A man is wired inherently to be aggressive , to produce , to get power, to control resources. So he founded towns and cities and countries and civilizations and technologies. And the feminist say it's because of social conditioning and cultural vote. But they can't back it up with science. Men can therefore come into a LONGER. phase of happiness in his entire life time if he achieved these to a varying degree. He will come to a sense of fulfilment of having achieved his unexplainable life-goal.

Women on the other hand will achieve these,if they can, in career and income and within a the shortest time realize they aren't happy, they will not get an answer to the nagging question of her natural, biological purpose; she will be unfulfilled, empty and without a sense of purpose, a little man.

She will soon find out that all she ever needed have been deposited in her by nature and she was just too intelligent to use it.

Her "illiterate" counterparts who have followed their inner feelings will look younger, fresher and get more love from their husband and children.

What's your notion of a long term state of fulfilment for the modern woman?
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

your post goes to show that feminism isn't about equality but elitism. You are more worried about what will give her more political power and economic power rather than equal representation in all fields. No wonder why even though men dominate works like: tanker drivers, bricklayers, mai suya, firefighters, etc, you are not all out looking for quota system. You are only looking for quota system in the stem courses and board rooms representation in air conditioned MNC.

Also, it is so shallow of you to think that homoeconomics isnt intellectually tasking. And no, women cannever threaten men no matter how many of them are in the stem courses.

In the West, women have been given quota system and have been forced to study the STEM course and yet, how many of them have been able to go on to bring about a new way of doing things? Mark Zukerberg had so many women in his class. Einstein had girls in his class. Teve Jobs had women in his own class. Emeagwali also had women in his class. Yet, non of them have been able to come up with something to revolutionize culture, medicine, computing etc.

I think it is very ignorant of you to say that STEM courses are where power is. Well, that may be today but for much of the world's history; Law, oratory, literature, philosophy, music, theology, magic and mysticism are where the real power is. STEM only gained its new found power during the industrial revolution.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
Moana:
The mordern women are sad, yet you are the ones who spend 80% of your lifetime analysing their lives, if you were happy mordern men would you not spend your time doing something else more profitable than analysing other "sad people's" lives? grin
NL is getting more and more ridiculous

Crying more than the so called bereaved is what they call it. grin grin grin grin

I repeat African man MUST wash plates! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
You must partake in house chores! grin grin grin grin
If you want your wife to 'strike a balance' between career and family, you must help with the house chores. Hahahaha grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by ireneidiva(f): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
Everyone wants the secret key to happiness, both men and women alike. Thus positive psychology seems to be the rage these days as everyone is searching for this elusive psychological land of Oz.

So what can evolutionary psychology say about being happy? Humans are designed by God and evolution in a particular way for millions of years. No amount of debate, argument or denial can change our evolutionary legacy and heritage.

One thing God has done through evolution is to make man and woman inherently different in many ways. One of the ways which men and women are different is what makes them HAPPY.

Modern feminist movement has advocated that a better paying job, money and promotion and "equality" would promote women and consequently make them happy.
These are lies fuelled by political and ideological leaning, and never on science or the bible.

Promotions, money, political power and social status are unlikely to make a woman truly happy. Similarly, quitting their jobs, dropping out of the rat race and spending all their time with their children to become stay-at-home-dads is unlikely to make men happy.

Money, power, respect, promotion, political power, social status and/plus/or a strong metaphysical belief is make makes a man happy.

Can a woman be truly happy without children? It is very unlikely. Spending time with their Children and/or a strong metaphysical belief is what makes women truly happy. Women with wisdom look out for a clever way to combine career with motherhood and it is not the way the feminists tell us.

Men and women are very different, because they are designed by millions of years of evolution to be very different. Women cannot become happy by pretending to be men, and men cannot become happy by pretending to be women. Swedes have already tried that, and they have failed massively and spectacularly. As Danielle Crittenden argues in her book,what our mothers didn't tell us: Why happiness eludes the modern woman women's TRUE happiness is in her reproductive and caring nature, both to her husband and children.

Finally, modern feminism is evil because it ultimately makes women (and men) unhappy. In a forthcoming article in the American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania show that American women over the last 35 years have steadily become less and less happy, as they have made more and more money relative to men.

Women used to be a lot happier than men despite the fact that they made much less money than men. The sex gap in happiness (in women’s favor) has declined in the past 35 years as the sex gap in pay (in men’s favor) narrowed. Now women make as much as, sometimes even more than, men do. As a result, today women are just as unhappy, or even more unhappy than, men are. As I explained earlier, money does not make women happy.

The feminist insistence that women behave like men and make as much money as men do may not be the sole reason for women’s rising levels of dissatisfaction with life; a greater incidence of divorce and single motherhood may also contribute to it. At any event, the culpability of modern feminism in making women steadily unhappy, because it is based on false assumptions about male and female human nature.. Surprising, Men’s happiness has not declined in the last 35 years, because there has not been masculinism.
Blah blah blah

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

african women have not always work harder than the men, that's a lie from the pit of hell! The reason people tend to praise women for work is because hard is naturally not their role. If an individual vetures into a role he or she is not traditionally ment for, people tend to praise him or her more. Just as some people actually think that men are better cooks than women. Just because he just went into the kitchen for the first time.

How can African women work harder than the men when historically and even at present, men's farms are larger than their female counterparts. In some african literatures that have got anthropological relevance like Things Fall Apart, it is the men that were said to have a stock pile of yam seedlings, never women. Men own large farm lands, cultivated bigger heaps, were palmwine tappers and had to be strong enough to kill a lion as is the case with the Afra people of Ethiopia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

If a woman's natural calling is to be attending to family why not focus more on her capabilities by taking her to home economics school? If men are the drivers of society why waste efforts on your daughter? Why send her to school? When her utmost goal is to be a homemaker? Do you understand these women are taking admission slots in universities of men who genuinely have the so called 'natural' disposition to amass wealth, power and glory, which creates unhappiness for women? grin Please start from your daughter and I'll take you seriously. Do you know how much STEM subjects costs and how much time spent on such, it would be wasted efforts if a woman, infact anyone studying these courses do not reach her full potential as a career woman. So instead of wasting such time and money with the full knowledge of not practicing her degree, please let her study home economics.

A lot of women are mixing career and family very very well. The so called striking a balance comes from when the husband also strikes his own balance by also attending to the 'homely' responsibilities of taking care of the kids and doing his own house chores.
A woman's TRUE source of happiness doesn't negate her need for education. My dear, I am sorry to inform you that women have never founded any civilization, Town or technology. What they do best is to give to society what society gives to them.

Men on the other hand are pioneers of civilizations, technologies and founders of towns, cities and nation.

A female doctor or Scientist is more likely to give to her patient what she learnt in school while a male doctor, (a few percentage)
will change the course of the medical profession for the next century. If you research female pioneers of technology, you find them as the exception, not the rule.

Females should be educated but ultimatley life is about happiness and fulfilment and women naturally gravitate towards nature.

You can't fight your biological disposition no matter how hard the denial and shouting.

Evolution says you love your kids and husbands more than you will ever love office fights, the quest for power and getting that promotion.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
plaetton:

Yes. You have a good point.
But I also sure that you get my gist.
Any toil that imperils the household responsibilities of both man and woman are counterproductive.

I agree

You both should strive to balance home and career.
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

i think you have a shallow idea of intellectualism and enlightenment. Fact it, we don't get enlightened and educated just to get a job and career. We get education so as to be enlightened and relate better with the surrounding. An education is stem courses are whereever for that matter isn't a waste if you do not practice. A lot of successfull people in the world today did not make it in the area the studied in school.

And yes, men remain the drivers of the world today despite feminist deception. For over 50 years, women have been pushed into male areas but what happened? The US, even afrter 50 years of intellectual feminism still has more men in congress that it has women. The same thing can be said for all countries except Rwanda. In the EU, laws are being made to make sure women make 40 percent of boardrooms. But guess what? That's legislative contruct! Or better still, social construct, the very same thing feminism claims to fight against! You fight social construct with social construct. What hypocricy!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

your post goes to show that feminism isn't about equality but elitism. You are more worried about what will give her more political power and economic power rather than equal representation in all fields. No wonder why even though men dominate works like: tanker drivers, bricklayers, mai suya, firefighters, etc, you are not all out looking for quota system. You are only looking for quota system in the stem courses and board rooms representation in air conditioned MNC.

Also, it is so shallow of you to think that homoeconomics isnt intellectually tasking. And no, women cannever threaten men no matter how many of them are in the stem courses.

In the West, women have been given quota system and have been forced to study the STEM course and yet, how many of them have been able to go on to bring about a new way of doing things? Mark Zukerberg had so many women in his class. Einstein had girls in his class. Teve Jobs had women in his own class. Emeagwali also had women in his class. Yet, non of them have been able to come up with something to revolutionize culture, medicine, computing etc.
I think it is very ignorant of you to say that STEM courses are where power is. Well, that may be today but for much of the world's history; Law, oratory, literature, philosophy, music, theology, magic and mysticism are where the real power is. STEM only gained its new found power during the industrial revolution.

So why don't you relegate your daughters to studying home economics only then if you believe women don't have the brains to revolutionize culture?
To even refer to Einstein era in the same breath is disingenuous where prioritizing female education was just beginning to pick up steam in the late 19th century and early 20th century putting into consideration men have had more than a thousand year head start to women. Despite the thousands of year gap between men and women, we begin to see women as early at 1930's showing some intellectually might. This is like comparing the head start of European men in the STEM to African men. Does that mean African men are dumb because it has done nothing to contribute to the sciences today?

Nope the old power, relied on physical strength. But today it relies on intellectual might through STEM courses cheesy. The so called Magic and mysticism are part of STEM. These are all part of physics and medicinal chemistry.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

Crying more than the so called bereaved is what they call it. grin grin grin grin

I repeat African man MUST wash plates! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
You must partake in house chores! grin grin grin grin
If you want your wife to 'strike a balance' between career and family, you must help with the house chores. Hahahaha grin grin grin grin

african men have always washed plates. When he was at the university and boarding house, where you there to do it for him? I have always washed my own plate and it is the best for men. Don't need any woman to do what can oly be best done by me.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

i think you have a shallow idea of intellectualism and enlightenment. Fact it, we don't get enlightened and educated just to get a job and career. We get education so as to be enlightened and relate better with the surrounding. An education is stem courses are whereever for that matter isn't a waste if you do not practice. A lot of successfull people in the world today did not make it in the area the studied in school.

And yes, men remain the drivers of the world today despite feminist deception. For over 50 years, women have been pushed into male areas but what happened? The US, even afrter 50 years of intellectual feminism still has more men in congress that it has women. The same thing can be said for all countries except Rwanda. In the EU, laws are being made to make sure women make 40 percent of boardrooms. But guess what? That's legislative contruct! Or better still, social construct, the very same thing feminism claims to fight against! You fight social construct with social construct. What hypocricy!!!

It is an absolute WASTE of resources if you go to school, studied hard for degree and do not practice it. Applying it to petty jobs, does not change the fact that monetary resources have been wasted. All you want to do here is have an educated daughter but limit her potentials to pursue that career.
With people like you stifling the efforts of women and feeding them pathetic resolutions and deception and that they are not cut out for the workplace, how do you then expect women to reach their full potential? Why don't we restrict women in the kitchen to rech their full potential there?
If these are male areas and women cannot compete, do the experiment on your daughters and restrict her to home economics, why venture into fields that only men should dominate? This has got to be the height of hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

african men have always washed plates. When he was at the university and boarding house, where you there to do it for him? I have always washed my own plate and it is the best for men. Don't need any woman to do what can oly be best done by me.

Oh really, I hope you will carry this mentality to marriage and continue washing plates there.
A woman CAN only strike a balance between family and career if you put all muscles and sinews to work in the home by cleaning, cooking washing dishes, clothes etc.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
craziebone:

So you want to compare the head start men had?

Lols!

I 100% agree with Stillfire:

If you think There are Some careers women should not have,it makes absolute sense you do not put her through that course.

Apart from that, not all women yearn to build a career or even have the zeal for corporate life.

Look for someone suited for you.

I know it is not related time the topic:

But please If as a man, you know you don't like a wife with a strong drive, please don't marry a woman full with zeal for corporate life or building a career and tell her to become a teacher or quit working.

It will kill her spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by Stillfire: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
lezz:
A woman's TRUE source of happiness doesn't negate her need for education. My dear, I am sorry to inform you that women have never founded any civilization, Town or technology. What they do best is to give to society what society gives to them.

Men on the other hand are pioneers of civilizations, technologies and founders of towns, cities and nation.

A female doctor or Scientist is more likely to give to her patient what she learnt in school while a male doctor, (a few percentage)
will change the course of the medical profession for the next century. If you research female pioneers of technology, you find them as the exception, not the rule.

Females should be educated but ultimatley life is about happiness and fulfilment and women naturally gravitate towards nature.

You can't fight your biological disposition no matter how hard the denial and shouting.

Evolution says you love your kids and husbands more than you will ever love office fights, the quest for power and getting that promotion.

This is the most disingenuous thing I've ever read in my life.
Was your gender ever restricted in achieving these things?
Between someone who was restricted and who wasn't, who is more likely to think outside the box? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why The Modern Woman Is Sad by lezz(m): 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stillfire:

This is the most disingenuous thing I've ever read in my life.
Was your gender ever restricted in achieving these things?
Between someone who was restricted and who wasn't, who is more likely to think outside the box? shocked shocked shocked

that's a wrongly held opinion for centuries now. So you wish to admit to me that women have been held down by all societies in the world since pre-historical times.
If you admit this, then it has solved our little debate. Don't you think ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Rewards His Wife With 2 Cars On Their 8th Wedding Anniversary (Pix, Video) / Brazilian Mum Arrested For Selling EIGHT Of Her Kids To Buy Drugs(Pix) / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.