Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It (2602 Views)

End Time: How Married Woman Str!p-danced And Had S*x With 7 School Boys (photos) / Story Time!! How Did You Spent Your Valentine? / If She Calls Her Male Friend To Take Her Home After A Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by donjuviam(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2015
the girl as been my crush for a long period of time, but to God be the glory I got her last week.

so I just request to take her out for a date,but frankly speaking its my first time.

I don't just know how I can make her feel I'm the best for her, I don't want to act immaturely.

and I'm student still getting feeded by parent

now I'm passing the mic to my bosses
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by justmag(m): 12:54am On Apr 13, 2015
Ask your self these question.

1. Do you have a job?
2. Will you have her time?
3. Is she really worth your time

If the anwser is yes.

then be yourself and everything will fall into place. Please! Don't be who you are not because you want to impress someone. It's always more harm than good.

2 Likes

Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by francizy(m): 1:02am On Apr 13, 2015
Be yourself..
gist with her..
listen to her..
don't brag about what you have or don't have..
don't crack lame jokes but reasonable or romantic ones..
don't laugh too much and don't try too hard to impress her..
If she lets you know she doesn't like any of your actions then stop it..
Finally, don't carry her hand bag angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by whizjay(m): 1:03am On Apr 13, 2015
Dude,
just be yourself....

Don't try to be another person...
*You know wetin I dey yarn naww, no go start to dey form for am*

And Oh!
And don't forget ya manners....
Like opening doors 4 her, Picking up stuffs when she drops it... Sh*t like that.

*feed your pockets b4 you step out*

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Be yourself! Best advice
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by ronald4lif(m): 1:28am On Apr 13, 2015
You mean say you never hang out with woman before.

Well, people have different chemistry, different mindset and different ways to behaving/expectation on a first date. What works for A might not be same for B. The best approach is to be one's self, don't pretend to be who you're not. Put up a smiling look always and try not to be boring.

Always spring up topic randomly ranging from her interest, job or studies or movies she might have watched and discuss it. Also, don't go about discussing irrelevant issues like your ex-girlfriends or your previous experience with women. It's a turn off, except of course she ask you to. And even if she ask, say nice things about your ex (if any) or you might send a wrong impression if all you can say about your ex are negatives and you're full of resentment. Be a gentleman but not her servant or sissy. Acting all too nice might turn her off, too. It is also important that you look her in the eyes when talking to her, no sideways glancing, it shows lack of confidence. No girl want a man who's lack confidence. All in all, just be real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 13, 2015
francizy:
Be yourself..
gist with her..
listen to her..
don't brag about what you have or don't have..
don't crack lame jokes but reasonable or romantic ones..
don't laugh too much and don't try too hard to impress her..
If she lets you know she doesn't like any of your actions then stop it..
Finally, don't carry her hand bag angry
lol no, carry her hand bag. Pull out the chair nd open the door for her
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by francizy(m): 1:37am On Apr 13, 2015
katzz2nd:

Someone actually fell out of love with me because of that. grin

She called me insensitive.. undecided
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 1:58am On Apr 13, 2015
francizy:

Someone actually fell out of love with me because of that. grin

She called me insensitive.. undecided
shocker...whr do u find these women, thts crazy! Perfect gentleman
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Dotwillis1(m): 5:46am On Apr 13, 2015
.....anyhow you wanna make it be na..
at least just sitting side by side with the one yhu love even without saying a word is enough to make the day
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by francizy(m): 6:08am On Apr 13, 2015
katzz2nd:
shocker...whr do u find these women, thts crazy! Perfect gentleman

Lmao! Where are women found?

I do hate pretending to be what am not. Am not a perfect gentleman, am me so I don't see any reason in the pretence.
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by donjuviam(m): 6:33am On Apr 13, 2015
justmag:
Ask your self these question.

1. Do you have a job?
2. Will you have her time?
3. Is she really worth your time

If the anwser is yes.

then be yourself and everything will fall into place. Please! Don't be who you are not because you want to impress someone. It's always more harm than good.
I'm still a student.
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by donjuviam(m): 6:56am On Apr 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
You mean say you never hang out with woman before.

Well, people have different chemistry, different mindset and different ways to behaving/expectation on a first date. What works for A might not be same for B. The best approach is to be one's self, don't pretend to be who you're not. Put up a smiling look always and try not to be boring.

Always spring up topic randomly ranging from her interest, job or studies or movies she might have watched and discuss it. Also, don't go about discussing irrelevant issues like your ex-girlfriends or your previous experience with women. It's a turn off, except of course she ask you to. And even if she ask, say nice things about your ex (if any) or you might send a wrong impression if all you can say about your ex are negatives and you're full of resentment. Be a gentleman but not her servant or sissy. Acting all too nice might turn her off, too. It is also important that you look her in the eyes when talking to her, no sideways glancing, it shows lack of confidence. No girl want a man who's lack confidence. All in all, just be real.
big advice!!
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 13, 2015
katzz2nd:
Carry her what

1 Like

Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 13, 2015
softysparky:

Carry her what
yeah, whats wrong with that? I think its sweet
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 13, 2015
francizy:

Lmao! Where are women found?

I do hate pretending to be what am not. Am not a perfect gentleman, am me so I don't see any reason in the pretence.
yeah u shouldnt pretend. I thought u were being u whn u did it. Or dd she make u?
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Dygeasy(m): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2015
Funny how you lot are asking the guy to be himself. He obviously doesn't even know how to with a girl.

@DONJUVIAM, where do you have in mind to take this girl? Do you have ideas? If not lemme know what your environment is like.
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by justmag(m): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2015
donjuviam:
I'm still a student.

do u have pocket money?? Lol
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 13, 2015
Don aren't you supposed to be studying for your exams?

You don dey pursue woman with your snacks' money abi? tongue
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2015
katzz2nd:
yeah, whats wrong with that? I think its sweet
On a first date
Damn!!!!!!!! I hate seeing men looking and behaving like sisi.
Pulling out chairs and opening of door is cool but carrying of handbags, mbanu...... for how long is he even going to do that

He better not start something he can't finish.
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by francizy(m): 7:43am On Apr 13, 2015
katzz2nd:
yeah u shouldnt pretend. I thought u were being u whn u did it. Or dd she make u?

Told her I don't like doing such and she called me an insensitive person..
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2015
softysparky:

On a first date
Pulling out chairs and opening of door is cool but carrying of handbags, mbanu...... for how long is he even going to do that

lol yeah I totally get ur point

1 Like

Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by francizy(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2015
softysparky:

On a first date

[size=38pt]iLoveU[/size]
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2015
francizy:

Told her I don't like doing such and she called me an insensitive person..
oh thts harsh
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by donjuviam(m): 7:47am On Apr 13, 2015
justmag:

do u have pocket money?? Lol
ya
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by francizy(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2015
katzz2nd:
oh thts harsh

Yeah, the relationship didn't last tho..
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2015
francizy:

[size=38pt]iLoveU[/size]
I love you too sometimes.
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by francizy(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2015
softysparky:

I love you too sometimes.

LoL.. OK..

embarassed
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by donjuviam(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Dygeasy:
Funny how you lot are asking the guy to be himself. He obviously doesn't even know how to with a girl.

@DONJUVIAM, where do you have in mind to take this girl? Do you have ideas? If not lemme know what your environment is like.
lautech ogbomosho student
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Dygeasy(m): 7:53am On Apr 13, 2015
donjuviam:
lautech ogbomosho student
I asked a question first. Do you have any ideas of where to take her for this date?
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by donjuviam(m): 7:55am On Apr 13, 2015
Dygeasy:
I asked a question first. Do you have any ideas of where to take her for this date?
ya why not
Re: Going On A Date For The First Time how Should I Go About It by Dygeasy(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2015
donjuviam:
ya why not
Cool. Where dyu have in mind? Alata? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

[VIDEO + Photos] Nigerian Students Having Raw S*x 18+ / Virginity Brouhaha / 10 Things Shy People Would Do When They Are Crushing......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.