Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won (25775 Views)

Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand / Reasons Why Ajimobi Won In Oyo State / OYO 2015: Ajimobi Won, But The Majority Lost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Charly68: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
You are absolutely correct,those complaining are the ones that see the Governor of the day as their ATM like they used to call Akala in his days..we could see how they make the state hot and tensed through their promotion of thuggery and hooliganism..the man Ajimobi did his best to impact the state and live a good legacy . What has the candidate of Accord & Lp left in Agodi that they want to return for..God is so good that he knows how to collect back from them all they have stollen from the purse of the state..they all spent billions to prosecute their fruitless ambition. Money has missed road already .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
stinggy:

No mixed feelings bro. Civil servants, artisans, retirees, transporters (bikers included), students - no one seems to be happy on his re-election angry

We waited patiently for the 2nd term jinx to be broken, only to be broken by an unworthy man, an embodiment of fraud. It's painful!

No thanks to Akala who weakened Ladoja's chance. Posterity will roundly deal with the enemies of my state.

Gutted
@ emboldened, so true. That Alao Akala simply weakened and split the latter's chances of winning sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by stinggy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
chimkaire:
@ emboldened, so true. That Alao Akala simply weakened and split the latter's chances of winning sad sad sad sad

That fool could have conveniently won a seat in Senate, IDK what dafuq he stand to gain in this now.
Rumour has it though that he was actually sponsored by Ajimobi to do the work.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:

1) Why didn't u contest,

2)are u telling me ladoja and akala will do a better job?

3) And also don't tell me u believe teslim folarin or seyi makinde stood a chance?

1) I am not a politician. We all can't be politicians. Civilized societies have division of labour. This fact might have escaped your limited development based on the following other questions that you asked.

2) Again, the best of the worst. Read my post again, perhaps slowly or have a neighborhood elementary kid read and explain it to you.

3) Read my post again or else you don't know the meaning of best amongst the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=stinggy post=32682720]

That fool could have conveniently won a seat in Senate, IDK what dafuq he stand to gain in this now.
[b]Rumour has it though that he was actually sponsored by Ajimobi to do the work.[/[/b]quote]Not surprised. Peeps sha sad
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by bettercreature(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
100% right! Ajimobi is the best thing to happen to Oyo State

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by bettercreature(m): 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
dsenator:
You have no right to refer to people that are not happy about ajimobi's win as local thugs and riff Raffs as they are entitled to their opinion. Ajimobi as you rightly said put an end to incessant thuggery and hooliganism that we used to witness in the state during the past administrations before he came on board but the fact remains that he has not delivered in the aspect of education in the state as we still have more than 100 pupils in some classes sitting on bare floor and the welfare of the teachers are not well taken care of eitherHe has not paid February salary to teachers and the pensioners are being owed up to 7 months of salary claiming that the former administration before him embezzled their money.How long would he take to find a solution to this problem?He his a man that said he was owing no worker no dime by which time he was owing them 3 month salary. He his a man that has done 30% and now believes he is the best performing governor in Nigeria.There is a very big room for improvement and I strongly advise that he should do more this time around and talk less.
The OP is 100million percent right,he really hit it,that is exactly the problem we are having in ibadan 100 percent of the elites and middle class supports Ajimobi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
CityNG:

1) I am not a politician. We all can't be politicians. Civilized societies have division of labour. This fact might have escaped your limited development based on the following other questions that you asked.

2) Again, the best of the worst. Read my post again, perhaps slowly or have a neighborhood elementary kid read and explain it to you.

3) Read my post again or else you don't know the meaning of best amongst the worst.

Clap for yourself. So why were u whining in the first place if u agree he has done better than others. Or are u akalas embittered brother who is looking for somewhere to pour out his frustrations
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:

1) I guess u lived most of your life in US then, so you won't be able to adequately compare between his administration and the previous ones.

2) Remember, most of his strongest contenders are from previous administrations. If I should rate the previous administrations an average 20% overall on all indices, the Ajimobi's will unarguably take 60%.

3) Talk of sanitation, security, transportation, infrastructural developments, which has contributed directly to the influx of local and foreign investors, he is by far the best of the bunch.

4) Remember that the shoprites, shopping malls, about 4 cinemas and counting, the lounges and nite clubs, the upgraded agodi gardens, equisite eateries like KFC and so on were all made possible cos of the provision of a secure and enabling environment.

1) No need to guess. I am here and you can ask me directly. Do you see me posting on affairs of Benin City Abeokuta or Jos? I post on this topic because I am from Ibadan. Where I live does not determine how much information I have.

2) Clearly you guys does not understand what "best amongst the worst" means. Just because I don't support Ajimobi doesn't mean I support the other dunces.

3) He might have done a little bit but he did not do as much as someone with his background should have done. I understand why you would think otherwise.

4) What secure and enabling environment? You are funny. You mentioned nonsensical and frivolous establishments. What does the old Lady hawking egos all day have to do with Shoprite or Agodi Gardens? Talk about misplaced priorities.

When I grew up we had Scala, Odeon, Queens and KS cinemas. We had Leventis, Kingsway, UTC, etc so please save me from your theatrics.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:

Clap for yourself. So why were u whining in the first place if u agree he has done better than others. Or are u akalas embittered brother who is looking for somewhere to pour out his frustrations

Only dweebs like you clap for themselves, I know where you are coming from.

You are clearly delirious and suffering from apathy. I never once wrote that he has done more than others. I know your types, your salvation in life is futile attempts to put word into peoples mouths to justify your weak positions.

I am Omo Ibadan, I am brothers with all Omo Ibadan people. I am more developed than you can ever hope to be in that regards.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:
As a rebuttal to this topic www.nairaland.com/2252397/oyo-state-governorship-result-majority that made frontpage this morning, I want you'll to know that majority of ajimobis supporters are not so vocal and aggressive. We are the so called elites/middle class.

Ajimobi as a governor never transacted with thugs and riff raffs right from the inception of his government which has been the characteristics of previous governments. That's why he has been able to quell the notorious security situation of the state which was very prominent in the days of Adedibu and PDP.

Previous governors were just political jobbers who depended on "sharing" the money and sponsoring political thugs throughout their tenure without achieving anything tangible.

This is where the "Ajimobi's" difference comes into play. We the middle class/elites have enjoyed maximum peace and relative infrastructural development which has been the hallmark of his administration. We definitely won't be able to benefit from the "share the money syndrome" because we are mostly reserved and law abiding people with high moral values.

It can also be deduced from the final results collated that instead of the popular opposition parties to bury their pride and form an alliance, they instead succeeded in sharing their votes amongst each other, thereby making a headway for the APC candidate.

I hereby reiterate that those that are complaining about Ajimobi's win are the local thugs and riff raffs who has been used to the "share the money syndrome" and have benefited financially from public disruptions and toutish tendencies from previous administrations. They are obviously more vocal and aggressive in displaying their discontentment.

We need peace and progress in Oyo State. Thanks

***from a Bonafide Omo Ibadan***
Op, your brain is the most correct in Ibadan

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by toludadon(m): 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ajimobi, ekun oko Tokyo, oko Auxilliary that is currently cooling off at Agodi prison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Elcemento(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
lawsarma:
thumb up bro...
bonafide indigen of iseyin
......ajimobi for transformation......
Iseyin oro, omo ebedi moko. grin grin Awa ti oke-ola n ki yin o.
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
Op, your brain is the most correct in Ibadan

Thanks grin
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
CityNG:

Only dweebs like you clap for themselves, I know where you are coming from.

You are clearly delirious and suffering from apathy. I never once wrote that he has done more than others. I know your types, your salvation in life is futile attempts to put word into peoples mouths to justify your weak positions.

I am Omo Ibadan, I am brothers with all Omo Ibadan people. I am more developed than you can ever hope to be in that regards.

You're either here nor there. What is your point exactly? You mean others did better than him.

Btw, u sound like a bastard. Go ask ur mum who ur real father is grin
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
toludadon:
Ajimobi, ekun oko Tokyo, oko Auxilliary that is currently cooling off at Agodi prison

Wa gbayi.

He effortlessly tamed those monsters grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by voxpopp: 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
CityNG:

1) No need to guess. I am here and you can ask me directly. Do you see me posting on affairs of Benin City Abeokuta or Jos? I post on this topic because I am from Ibadan. Where I live does not determine how much information I have.

2) Clearly you guys does not understand what "best amongst the worst" means. Just because I don't support Ajimobi doesn't mean I support the other dunces.

3) He might have done a little bit but he did not do as much as someone with his background should have done. I understand why you would think otherwise.

4) What secure and enabling environment? You are funny. You mentioned nonsensical and frivolous establishments. What does the old Lady hawking egos all day have to do with Shoprite or Agodi Gardens? Talk about misplaced priorities.

When I grew up we had Scala, Odeon, Queens and KS cinemas. We had Leventis, Kingsway, UTC, etc so please save me from your theatrics.

U sound really bitter

Did ajimobi bulldoze and relocate your roadside makeshift okrika shop

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Sunnyade01(m): 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
This is very correct. Majority of Ajimobi supporters are youths, students, private business owners, transport workers, farmers and forward thinking people. And these are the majority in Oyo State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by georgylee: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Kudos to the author of this piece..... He has really relieved me of rigour in putting down something similar even the same......... I wish Gov Ajimobi and his team a successful 2nd term tenure......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by fistonati(m): 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
THANKS FOR DS PAID ADVERT BY AN APC POCKET MONGER. U CAN C Y PPL ARE NT HAPPY AFTA HE WAS DECLARED WINNER. GOVTS OF D ELITE, MASSIVE SUFERING BY D PEOPLE OF D STATE.

1 Like

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by omooba969(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
shaddie21:
Please ask 2 or 3 state workers and hear thier complain b4 concluding.

Unpaid salaries abi? Oyo state is not d only state experiencing such & itz more of a serious problem than meets d eye. Ppl like Ladoja shud not be running d affairs of Oyo anymore cos he & Akala r not d type I wud refer to as visionary leaders. Wot Ajimobi has done in d last 4yrs are signs of one wit an informed mindset. Dnt y'all c it (unless u r incarcerated @agodi).

Progress, Growth & Development can only improve our standard of living & these r wot Ajimobi has embarked on.

Thanx 4 reading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:

U sound really bitter

Did ajimobi bulldoze and relocate your roadside makeshift okrika shop

Awon baba nla baba baba e loma bitter wink

That's a fall back position losers like you always take when you have no valid debate point. Coward sheeple smiley

Dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by adeabi: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
raumdeuter:
APC

I support the position of the OP.

The people complaining are the political jobbers. The thugs complaining there is no money in town

The average citizen are happy there is security and infrastructural development unlike in previous regime

Take this. Oyo has changed , this is nolonger the Oyo of Buje budanu of the previous regimes

That is why people are lamenting scarcity of money in Oyo state. Who can tell me his achievement in Oyo state other than his uncompleted roads ?.
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
voxpopp:

You're either here nor there. What is your point exactly? You mean others did better than him.

Btw, u sound like a bastard. Go ask ur mum who ur real father is grin

Eya...se odun e to yen ni? grin

Unfortunately I don't write at a kindergartner level, so I understand why my missive totally missed your brain. That you can't figure out shows the level of development in you = not much.

Awon iyanla iya to da eje si orie ni ki olo bere ile akitan ti won ti tu aso re yewo grin

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by faheez(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ajimobi
how i wish d pple can knw d havoc this man has caused over the years..
though his government was peaceful but not fruitful...

can some1 pls mention 5 major physical projects done by this man in ibadan? (no hates) excluding mokola brigde and the ajumose bus..

2 Likes

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by wealthpos(f): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello fellas...I heard Ajimobi has not been paying salaries for some time now,and He ordered the law enforcement agent to arrest any protester?What could be causing all these?
Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by dsquare33: 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
I laugh when people say ajimobi don't pay salaries on time. If there is anything that ladoja and accord party is known for is blackmailing and mudslinging and he uses gullible civil servants to carry these acts. If you ask them they will tell you it was because Ladoja pay salaries on time and what makes them think if ladoja comes in as governor he will pay them on time another thing was that Ajimobi block their chances of making illegal money because he created e wallet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by wealthpos(f): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
dsquare33:
I laugh when people say ajimobi don't pay salaries on time. If there is anything that ladoja and accord party is known for is blackmailing and mudslinging and he uses gullible civil servants to carry these acts. If you ask them they will tell you it was because Ladoja pay salaries on time and what makes them think if ladoja comes in as governor he will pay them on time another thing was that Ajimobi block their chances of making illegal money because he created e wallet.

You are so right about the illegal means of making money..No more buje budanu again,na accountability and benefits for the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by oloyedayo(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmmmmm, ajimobi won since last year. The party that was supposed to give him stress was PDP but thanks to GEJ who oversaw the reduction of the party to nothing in the state. I heard someone saying that Akala should gone to senate. Will PDP have given him that ticket? That I doubt. Remember that the only PDP senator from south west was from his constituency. it was this same senator that worked against akala from abuja. to cut the long story short, the weaken opposition gave ajimobi the opportunity to win by dividing and not uniting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Theultimate(m): 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
.........while Oyo State remain the only state that no group/society "massively" jubilate as other states are doing.
I even tried to vividly watched because(Oyo state tv station) if at all there will any to show, "but none" except the one organised by Governor himself at his residence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics Of Oyo State, Why And How Ajimobi Won by Akiika: 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
Amala politics are over, dead with baba Adedibu.
Those lazy civil servant, that simply want to collect pay without any dint of work.
Those agberos that want to continue their nefarious activities.
Shame on them all!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage / Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum / Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.