Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (10944 Views)

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

You need to work on your English language and you also need to work on your reasoning abilities. The Moors were not met with not met with an enabling environment in Spain; they were met with hostility which finally overthrew their empire in the 1400's. Moreover, that same environment has existed in Africa in Egypt, Yorubaland, Mali, Songhai, Ghana, Congo and many other kingdoms. Maybe you should do a little bit more reading on the kingdoms of Africa.

What I find hilarious about your responses is that but for the Moors and Arabs; white people would have remained in the dark ages. At the time that the Europeans came to the African shores the Kingdom of the Congo was the equal of the Kingdom of Portugal. Maybe you should do a little bit more reading on Africans, before attempting to look down on them. Hell the numerical system that the Europeans use right now is not even their own. LOL.

Hi, I do not see why an African should have to work on his English
Thank you(and errmmm....I do not agree with his posts)
Okay, back to reading

1 Like

Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 12:03am On May 09, 2015
AkanIgbo:

Where are you from? I worry about people like you. Your vantage point of African Americans is backwards. Black people in America don't act with hooliganism and gangsterism in any greater number than Nigerians do. Hell biggest act of gangsterism that I have ever heard of was Nigerians throwing other Nigerians into slavery. And the funniest part was the White man was a bigger gangster than the Nigerians, because the White man then enslaved the Nigerians that remained in Nigeria. African Americans are responding to police brutality. The same brutality that the English employed on Nigerians in Nigeria. Of the English sent information all over the World telling everyone that the Nigerians are hooligans and gangsters. Do you see it now? The white man says the same thing about the Nigerians as he as about the African Americans. The white man is the thug.
The fact that you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong. I resent what the whites are doing to us as much as you do, sir.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 3:43am On May 09, 2015
milychocs:

Hi, I do not see why an African should have to work on his English
Thank you(and errmmm....I do not agree with his posts)
Okay, back to reading

I wrote that to him, because he wrote that to me.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 3:58am On May 09, 2015
SarcasticMe:

The fact that you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong. I resent what the whites are doing to us as much as you do, sir.

It is not even about right or wrong. It is about the fact that the White man uses propaganda to keep down Black people. The White man says the same thing about Nigerians and African Americans all over the World. If you let the White man tell it; every Black man everywhere in the World is a criminal, even though you and I both know that an average Black person in Lagos is not anymore likely to be a criminal than an average Black person in Chicago. African Americans and Nigerians are just a like.

To be honest with you I don't care what the Japanese think about Black people. I don't care what an Englishman thinks about Black people. I don't care what any other ethnic group thinks about Black people. However, I do care what Black people think about Black people. Whenever we Black people start to believe the negative propaganda spewed by the White man about Black people; then we as Africans will never advance and the White man controls our thought at that point.

3 Likes

Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 8:20am On May 09, 2015
AkanIgbo:

It is not even about right or wrong. It is about the fact that the White man uses propaganda to keep down Black people. The White man says the same thing about Nigerians and African Americans all over the World. If you let the White man tell it; every Black man everywhere in the World is a criminal, even though you and I both know that an average Black person in Lagos is not anymore likely to be a criminal than an average Black person in Chicago. African Americans and Nigerians are just a like.

To be honest with you I don't care what the Japanese think about Black people. I don't care what an Englishman thinks about Black people. I don't care what any other ethnic group thinks about Black people. However, I do care what Black people think about Black people. Whenever we Black people start to believe the negative propaganda spewed by the White man about Black people; then we as Africans will never advance and the White man controls our thought at that point.
Well, you're right...
Re: . by Nobody: 10:14am On May 09, 2015
AkanIgbo:

I wrote that to him, because he wrote that to me.

Oh okay
Forgive me for butting in wrongly
I am sorry
Cheers
Re: . by TheEqualizer: 11:31am On May 09, 2015
milychocs:

Oh okay
Forgive me for butting in wrongly
I am sorry
Cheers

Do you really have milky chocs? wink
Re: . by khiaa(f): 11:41am On May 09, 2015
hahn:

Music? Did you just mention music as an achievement? I am pretty sure that by music, you are referring to hip hop and RnB, right? Do you realise that classical music, rock and roll etc were all existing before hip hop was created in the 1980s. For your information, the richest hip hop artist isn't as rich as an average rock and roll group/band. Do you even know what goes on behind the scenes? The equipments used are all made by whites. The enabling market for such music to grow was created by whites. The whole "hollywood" glamor was created by whites.

Even here in Africa, our music only thrives because we have "copied" what works in the western world and even at that, the quality of our music is still relatively low and cannot be marketed to the world.

As far as the "inventions" go, blacks on African soil have not been able to achieve such feats. At the end of the day, without the enabling environment by the whites, blacks still wouldn't have invented the wheel.

African Americans created Rock n Roll, Country and Western, Jazz, Swing, Blues, Gospel, Barber Shop and every music that ever came out of this country. Classical music was not created by Americans.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 09, 2015
TheEqualizer:

Do you really have milky chocs? wink

Lol
Re: . by TheEqualizer: 12:45pm On May 09, 2015
milychocs:

Lol

Don't laugh. tongue

I think I like a lot of milk in my chocolate. How about you? wink
Re: . by hahn(m): 1:32pm On May 09, 2015
khiaa:

African Americans created Rock n Roll, Country and Western, Jazz, Swing, Blues, Gospel, Barber Shop and every music that ever came out of this country. Classical music was not created by Americans.

Created by African Americans but made popular by whites and the infrastructure built by them. Without whites, we'd still be wearing leaves
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 4:19pm On May 09, 2015
hahn:

Created by African Americans but made popular by whites and the infrastructure built by them. Without whites, we'd still be wearing leaves

Not true. The music was popularized in African American Churches. The Black churches were the infrastructure. That is why the music became popular, because African Americans used to go to church in overwhelming numbers all over the USA. Many African American musicians then branched out into juke joints and minstrel shows and began playing secularized versions of the gospel music that was played in African American Churches. African American artist were so good that White people started pouring into Black Churches and juke joints to hear the music even though segregation laws prevented the mixing of Black and White people. White musicians then started imitating Black musicians, which grew the music even more, but White music fans eventually tired of the imitators and started demanding to hear the Black musicians. White audiences and white musicians have been flocking to see Black musicians every since, which is why guys like Michael Jackson became so famous.

RAP music is probably not a USA music. It's roots may actually be in the Wesr Africa Groits and in Jamaica. Jamaican music artists may have brought it to New York City, which is where RAP music caught on in the USA.
Re: . by hahn(m): 4:26pm On May 09, 2015
I am beginning to understand that you take my comments literally and you somehow always seem to refuse to see the bigger picture.

"White audiences and white musicians have been flocking to see Black musicians every since, which is why guys like Michael Jackson became so famous"

With that statement, you have just agreed with me that without whites, black music wouldn't have become so popular

AkanIgbo:

Not true. The music was popularized in African American Churches. The Black churches were the infrastructure. That is why the music became popular, because African Americans used to go to church in overwhelming numbers all over the USA. Many African American musicians then branched out into juke joints and minstrel shows and began playing secularized versions of the gospel music that was played in African American Churches. African American artist were so good that White people started pouring into Black Churches and juke joints to hear the music even though segregation laws prevented the mixing of Black and White people. White musicians then started imitating Black musicians, which grew the music even more, but White music fans eventually tired of the imitators and started demanding to hear the Black musicians. White audiences and white musicians have been flocking to see Black musicians every since, which is why guys like Michael Jackson became so famous.

RAP music is probably not a USA music. It's roots may actually be in the Wesr Africa Groits and in Jamaica. Jamaican music artists may have brought it to New York City, which is where RAP music caught on in the USA.
Re: . by khiaa(f): 8:47pm On May 09, 2015
hahn:

It wasn't made popular by whites, it was stolen and screwed by them, whites are the super thieves of the earth, you need to get your head out of the white mans butt. Yes you would be wearing leaves because YOU don't have the intelligence to think on your own without YOUR WHITE GOD telling you what to do. You are pathetic and more than likely a white troll.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 09, 2015
Native Americans/Red Indians were there first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States

hahn:

Lol. Well, they got there first and "bought" the land so they have more claim to it than African Americans have. Besides, African Americans have been living off the standard set by whites and all the "brothers" are concerned about is killing each other
Re: . by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 09, 2015
I am sure you must be Ibo...

SarcasticMe:

America is no man's land. The colored people need to fight for their place.
Back to the topic: maybe if there were fewer black hooligans, they wouldn't get into trouble with the police.
Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2015
teeowl:
I am sure you must be Ibo...
And I'm sure you're just a troll...

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 09, 2015
Everywhere is always a no man's land - typical Ibo talk!

SarcasticMe:

And I'm sure you're just a troll...
Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2015
teeowl:
Everywhere is always a no man's land - typical Ibo talk!

I clearly stipulated that America is no man's land... But, whatever floats your boat.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 09, 2015
Go to America without visa... and see what happens... after all it is a "no man's land"... smiley

SarcasticMe:

I clearly stipulated that America is no man's land... But, whatever floats your boat.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 11:04pm On May 09, 2015
hahn:
I am beginning to understand that you take my comments literally and you somehow always seem to refuse to see the bigger picture.

"White audiences and white musicians have been flocking to see Black musicians every since, which is why guys like Michael Jackson became so famous"

With that statement, you have just agreed with me that without whites, black music wouldn't have become so popular

No I am not agreeing to that. The Jackson 5 were a huge hit amongst Black people. The Jackson 5 were on a African American owned record label called MoTown. MoTown featured only African American acts like the Temptations and many very popular African American music groups. MoTown music was only played on Black owned radio stations and the music, the musicians and the radio stations became legendary. Whites listened to the music just like African Americans. The African American musicians were already legends before White people even tuned in to hear them sing.

I think that the problem with you is that you believe the propaganda of White people. White people lie about everything. Who you are. Where you are from. What your ancestors did. Etc. If the White man told Black people that Africans were cannibals and had no history. You might believe it, but African Americans wouldn't believe it; because stuff has been passed down to us through the slaves, mostly in the way of customs if not actual culture. The customs that the slaves passed down were incredibly civilized as opposed to anything that the White man in America ever did. The descendants of the slaves thought hard work, self esteem, self respect, community and unity. How do you think that African Americans could have advanced so far so fast if the slaves were not cultured, civilized and unified. African Americans set up their own colleges and universities; businesses and professions with absolutely no help from White in this country. African Americans have elected a Black president even though Black people only make up 15% of the USA population. African Americans have elected Senators, Congressmen and Congress women, Mayors and Governors City Councils and State Legislators all over the Country. African Americans have become millionaires and billionaires in the USA; started business; entered the trades and entered and have had outstanding careers in all of the professions. Slavery only ended 150 years ago. Segregation only ended 47 years ago, yet African Americans have thrived; to the point that their actions have allowed other Africans (Nigerians) to come to the USA for school and work. So we don't believe anything the White man says about Black people, because we know him.

The White man said Black is ugly; African Americans said that Black is beautiful. Guess who won that point? Hell white people in the USA get tanned to try to look more Black. White women put collagen in their lips to try to look like Black women. White women in this Country get surgeries to have fuller looking behinds like Black women. White men in the USA try to emulate African American men characteristics to try to appear to be more hip and cool. That is how strong African Americans cultural impact is in America. You will not see African Americans bleaching their skin to try to become Whiter, because African Americans already know that they are the standard of beauty and culture in America, whether they are dark skinned like Michael Jordan or light skinned like Beyoncé. Black people in the USA know who we are and the White man knows too.

If a Black person in America does anything to their appearance to try to become more White looking; the African Americans in this County will not have to say anything. It will be the White Americans that will say how terrible that person looks. White people were the hardest critics of Michael Jackson when he changed his appearance. They were all saying that he was crazy and that he looked better before his surgeries.

1 Like

Re: . by SarcasticMe(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2015
teeowl:
Go to America without visa... and see what happens... after all it is a "no man's land"... smiley

Since the Europeans took control of the land from the natives, America is swarming with different type of races who have had their fair share of the land except the blacks. Remember, the reason y I made that assertion is to prove that Afro-Americans have all rights to lay claim on the land, after all they are citizens. If you disagree with my assertion, then tell me who owns America.
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:38pm On May 09, 2015
teeowl:
Native Americans/Red Indians were there first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States

I actually meant they got there and setlled before black Americans. Lol, everyone knows that Europeans got to America on the Maflower and bought/stole the land and wiped out the native Americans. Psst, you really think I don't know that? Hell, the name of the high school I attended is Mayflower
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:43pm On May 09, 2015
khiaa:

It wasn't made popular by whites, it was stolen and screwed by them, whites are the super thieves of the earth, you need to get your head out of the white mans butt. Yes you would be wearing leaves because YOU don't have the intelligence to think on your own without YOUR WHITE GOD telling you what to do. You are pathetic and more than likely a white troll.

Ask yourself this simple question, why haven't Africans been able to replicate this "intelligence" on African soil? Do you even live here? Yes, whites are thieves but blacks are lazy. Its the truth. What we should be doing is trying to find a way out of the mess we ha put ourselves in.

I might be pathetic but at least I have brains enough not to throw blames at another race for all my problems.

You actually sound like every other black american who blames their problems on the white man. Over here, we blame our problems on ourselves. Get it?
Re: . by hahn(m): 12:11am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

No I am not agreeing to that. The Jackson 5 were a huge hit amongst Black people. The Jackson 5 were on a African American owned record label called MoTown. MoTown featured only African American acts like the Temptations and many very popular African American music groups. MoTown music was only played on Black owned radio stations and the music, the musicians and the radio stations became legendary. Whites listened to the music just like African Americans. The African American musicians were already legends before White people even tuned in to hear them sing.

I think that the problem with you is that you believe the propaganda of White people. White people lie about everything. Who you are. Where you are from. What your ancestors did. Etc. If the White man told Black people that Africans were cannibals and had no history. You might believe it, but African Americans wouldn't believe it; because stuff has been passed down to us through the slaves, mostly in the way of customs if not actual culture. The customs that the slaves passed down were incredibly civilized as opposed to anything that the White man in America ever did. The descendants of the slaves thought hard work, self esteem, self respect, community and unity. How do you think that African Americans could have advanced so far so fast if the slaves were not cultured, civilized and unified. African Americans set up their own colleges and universities; businesses and professions with absolutely no help from White in this country. African Americans have elected a Black president even though Black people only make up 15% of the USA population. African Americans have elected Senators, Congressmen and Congress women, Mayors and Governors City Councils and State Legislators all over the Country. African Americans have become millionaires and billionaires in the USA; started business; entered the trades and entered and have had outstanding careers in all of the professions. Slavery only ended 150 years ago. Segregation only ended 47 years ago, yet African Americans have thrived; to the point that their actions have allowed other Africans (Nigerians) to come to the USA for school and work. So we don't believe anything the White man says about Black people, because we know him.

The White man said Black is ugly; African Americans said that Black is beautiful. Guess who won that point? Hell white people in the USA get tanned to try to look more Black. White women put collagen in their lips to try to look like Black women. White women in this Country get surgeries to have fuller looking behinds like Black women. White men in the USA try to emulate African American men characteristics to try to appear to be more hip and cool. That is how strong African Americans cultural impact is in America. You will not see African Americans bleaching their skin to try to become Whiter, because African Americans already know that they are the standard of beauty and culture in America, whether they are dark skinned like Michael Jordan or light skinned like Beyoncé. Black people in the USA know who we are and the White man knows too.

If a Black person in America does anything to their appearance to try to become more White looking; the African Americans in this County will not have to say anything. It will be the White Americans that will say how terrible that person looks. White people were the hardest critics of Michael Jackson when he changed his appearance. They were all saying that he was crazy and that he looked better before his surgeries.

Lol. To think that you are throwing all that information back at me like I do not know the history of MJ and I do not acknowledge nor respect the achievements of the black is rather shocking.

Get off the defensive brother. Even Malcolm X tried to convince the black community to come back to Africa and try and rebuild from "home". There is no doubt that blacks are intelligent but the truth is without y'all being in America and being under majority of white beliefs and ideals you wouldn't have achieved as much as you have. The only reason why I say this is because these achievements you stated have NOT been replicated on African soil by Africans.

Africans obviously cannot lead themselves to prosperity without the influence of whites. Take for instance, South Africa. The native south Africans are lazy and obviously from their recent show of xenophobia would have never been able to achieve what they did without the aid of whites during apartheid. I know you'll say other African countries helped build SA but you really need to also understand that whatever they built was on the foundation of what the whites laid down in SA and even till today mjority of the rich in SA are white while the poor are mainly SAcans.

Same applies to the black in the US, whatever rights you have were as a result of the constitutions and laws written by the founding fathers of white America. If Jay Z, Malcolm 8, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks etc had grown up on African soil, there's every possibility that they wouldn't have achieved what they have.

I'm not a racist and its rather unfortunate that yourself and some other people like Khlaa believe I am. I was born here. I grew up here. I'm mixed and my mom was black. My dad left when I was barely 3 months old and I've lived, schooled, made friends here all my life. Even my wife is an Ijaw woman. I'm a typical Nigerian boy, just a bit light skinned and I'd proudly claim waffi before cliaming Scottish.

You need to understand that my rantings are not as a result of hatred of blacks or anything similar but as a deep and growing concern of how things go on here.

For your information, an average African won't regard and "African American" as kin. They see you as similar to whites because of the white influence you've had over the years.

I really think you need to come here and see how things REALLY are here to understand what I mean. Until then, I'm only forced to believe you'll never understand my POV because I can bet you have electricity while I still don't have any after more than 3 weeks.

But I still don't blame the white man. And please, quit it with the lecture. The fact that I'm in Africa doesn't make me ignorant. I know way more about what is going on in America than you know about what is going on in Africa. At least the average Nigerian TV station knows there America is on the map as opposed to CNN who couldn't properly place Nigeria on the map of Africa.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 12:43am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

Lol. To think that you are throwing all that information back at me like I do not know the history of MJ and I do not acknowledge nor respect the achievements of the black is rather shocking.

Get off the defensive brother. Even Malcolm X tried to convince the black community to come back to Africa and try and rebuild from "home". There is no doubt that blacks are intelligent but the truth is without y'all being in America and being under majority of white beliefs and ideals you wouldn't have achieved as much as you have. The only reason why I say this is because these achievements you stated have NOT been replicated on African soil by Africans.

Africans obviously cannot lead themselves to prosperity without the influence of whites. Take for instance, South Africa. The native south Africans are lazy and obviously from their recent show of xenophobia would have never been able to achieve what they did without the aid of whites during apartheid. I know you'll say other African countries helped build SA but you really need to also understand that whatever they built was on the foundation of what the whites laid down in SA and even till today mjority of the rich in SA are white while the poor are mainly SAcans.

Same applies to the black in the US, whatever rights you have were as a result of the constitutions and laws written by the founding fathers of white America. If Jay Z, Malcolm 8, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks etc had grown up on African soil, there's every possibility that they wouldn't have achieved what they have.

I'm not a racist and its rather unfortunate that yourself and some other people like Khlaa believe I am. I was born here. I grew up here. I'm mixed and my mom was black. My dad left when I was barely 3 months old and I've lived, schooled, made friends here all my life. Even my wife is an Ijaw woman. I'm a typical Nigerian boy, just a bit light skinned and I'd proudly claim waffi before cliaming Scottish.

You need to understand that my rantings are not as a result of hatred of blacks or anything similar but as a deep and growing concern of how things go on here.

For your information, an average African won't regard and "African American" as kin. They see you as similar to whites because of the white influence you've had over the years.

I really think you need to come here and see how things REALLY are here to understand what I mean. Until then, I'm only forced to believe you'll never understand my POV because I can bet you have electricity while I still don't have any after more than 3 weeks.

But I still don't blame the white man. And please, quit it with the lecture. The fact that I'm in Africa doesn't make me ignorant. I know way more about what is going on in America than you know about what is going on in Africa. At least the average Nigerian TV station knows there America is on the map as opposed to CNN who couldn't properly place Nigeria on the map of Africa.

Sorry, we will just have to disagree with you on what Black people can achieve. I am not joking with you when I say that White people in the USA literally did not help Black people in America achieve anything. They helped us with nothing. Black people in America had to build their own colleges, because just up until just 47 years ago Black Americans could not go to White people colleges.

The problems that you maybe facing has nothing to do with Black people. It may have something to do with the people electing inept and crooked government. That is not unique to any specific country anywhere. Maybe it is too much tribal stuff going on, rather than just electing the most competent people for positions. I don't know, but I do know that it has nothing to do with being Black. I am surprised by the amount of self hate that I see Africans having for themselves. Very surprising knowing the Kingdoms that the people descended from. I don't know how so many people can have such a negative opinion of themselves and their countrymen. Sad.
Re: . by khiaa(f): 12:47am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

Ask yourself this simple question, why haven't Africans been able to replicate this "intelligence" on African soil? Do you even live here? Yes, whites are thieves but blacks are lazy. Its the truth. What we should be doing is trying to find a way out of the mess we ha put ourselves in.

I might be pathetic but at least I have brains enough not to throw blames at another race for all my problems.

You actually sound like every other black american who blames their problems on the white man. Over here, we blame our

problems on ourselves. Get it?

You are in Nigeria so tell me how and where did you hear African American blaming their problems on white people, let me guess THE WHITE MEDIA?

What are you doing to improve the conditions of your homeland?
You are too brainless and busy complaining about whats going on in the lives of African Americans (which isn't your concern at all) to attempt any kind of resolution to the problems of nigeria, YOU are too lazy and brainless, YOU would rather wait for the next generation, or on your wise and all knowing white man to come and clean up the mess he created through colonization, than to get off of your lazy azz and take a stance against your leaders and start protesting your corrupt politicians.
Re: . by hahn(m): 12:52am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

Sorry, we will just have to disagree with you on what Black people can achieve. I am not joking with you when I say that White people in the USA literally did not help Black people in America achieve anything. They helped us with nothing. Black people in America had to build their own colleges, because just up until just 47 years ago Black Americans could not go to White people colleges.

The problems that you maybe facing has nothing to do with Black people. It may have something to do with the people electing inept and crooked government. That is not unique to any specific country anywhere. Maybe it is too much tribal stuff going on, rather than just electing the most competent people for positions. I don't know, but I do know that it has nothing to do with being Black. I am surprised by the amount of self hate that I see Africans having for themselves. Very surprising knowing the Kingdoms that the people descended from. I don't know how so many people can have such a negative opinion of themselves and their countrymen. Sad.

VERY sad bro but that is just what it is and that's why i keep telling you that you wouldn't have achieved anything without white influence. Key word here is INFLUENCE not HELP.

Slavery and segregation forced you all to have a common goal and to unite as one, even thought you still kill each other under the blood and crip guise, as a result have become a force to contend with.

UNITY is what we lack here in Africa and we need African Americans to come back and teach us how to achieve unity and set aside tribalism(this is the biggest problem) so that we can move forward.

That's what the whites did. Steal from other races and take it back to Europe. Steal America from the natives and invite other Europeans to populate. THIS is what black Americans should do. STEAL the knowledge and send it here so we can empower ourselves and free ourselves from the ignorance that is keeping is locked in chains of retrogression.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 12:53am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

I actually meant they got there and setlled before black Americans. Lol, everyone knows that Europeans got to America on the Maflower and bought/stole the land and wiped out the native Americans. Psst, you really think I don't know that? Hell, the name of the high school I attended is Mayflower

Europeans didn't come to America on the Mayflower. That is a made up story. And the Europeans that came to America were not Puritans like they pretend in their stories of greatness. America was a place that England dumped all of their street criminals, drunks, perverts, prostitutes and political prisoners; just like England did in Australia. It used to be a punishment for Englishmen to be sent in exile to the USA. And the first things that the criminals did once they were in America was plant the seed for rebellion and they eventually committed treason against England by declaring for independence. America always has been and always will be a lawless country, because it started out as a criminal enterprise.

That is what I am talking about; you believe their propaganda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_transportation

1 Like

Re: . by hahn(m): 1:00am On May 10, 2015
khiaa:

You are in Nigeria so tell me how and where did you hear African American blaming their problems on white people, let me guess THE WHITE MEDIA?

What are you doing to improve the conditions of your homeland?
You are too brainless and busy complaining about whats going in the lives of African Americans (which isn't your concern at all) to attempt any kind of resolution to the problems of nigeria, YOU are too lazy and brainless, YOU would rather wait for the next generation, or on your wise and all knowing white man to come and clean up the mess he created through colonization, than to get off of your lazy azz and take a stance your leaders and start protesting your corupt politicians.

Hahaha. Na olodo you be

Have you not noticed that this thread is focused on African Americans? This is nairaland and not dollarland so what exactly are you doing here?

You obviously haven't noticed but we recently voted out a corrupt incumbent president/government because we want change. Apparently you are more ignorant than I thought or else you would have noticed that there is NO SINGLE white government official here unlike in your "heaven" where Obama is still a puppet to the whites who are REALLY in charge.

You are a nigger as long as you live in America and feed off the foundation that whites created for you. If your ancestors weren't sold of as slaves, which they were even while they were here, by my ancestors who were kings, YOU and YOUR FUTURE generation would have still been slaves here instead of wearing gold chains and killing each other over drugs and neighbourhoods which you don't even own houses in.

Oloriburuku. Omo ale ti o month ona ile.
Re: . by hahn(m): 1:04am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

Europeans didn't come to America on the Mayflower. That is a made up story. And the Europeans that came to America were not Puritans like they pretend in their stories of greatness. America was a place that England dumped all of their street criminals, drunks, perverts, prostitutes and political prisoners; just like England did in Australia. It used to be a punishment for Englishmen to be sent in exile to the USA. And the first things that the criminals did once they were in America was plant the seed for rebellion and they eventually committed treason against England by declaring for independence. America always has been and always will be a lawless country, because it started out as a criminal enterprise.

Lol. And I always thought that European criminals came here on the Mayflower. Well

What about the other things I pointed out? Aren't you going to comment on them or am I supposed to assume that you're doing some sort of philantrophy by giving free history lessons?
Re: . by hahn(m): 1:07am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

You seem to know much about history. I'm impressed.

I was wondering though, do you know what part of Africa your fore fathers originated from before they were taken/sold off as slaves by/to Europeans?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Question !! What Is *sim Card* In Yoruba Called? / Beautiful Northern Sudanese. / Paintings Of The Moors Of Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.