Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (10988 Views)

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 1:10am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

VERY sad bro but that is just what it is and that's why i keep telling you that you wouldn't have achieved anything without white influence. Key word here is INFLUENCE not HELP.

Slavery and segregation forced you all to have a common goal and to unite as one, even thought you still kill each other under the blood and crip guise, as a result have become a force to contend with.

UNITY is what we lack here in Africa and we need African Americans to come back and teach us how to achieve unity and set aside tribalism(this is the biggest problem) so that we can move forward.

That's what the whites did. Steal from other races and take it back to Europe. Steal America from the natives and invite other Europeans to populate. THIS is what black Americans should do. STEAL the knowledge and send it here so we can empower ourselves and free ourselves from the ignorance that is keeping is locked in chains of retrogression.

Not True. African Americans were not that influenced by White people. How could they be, because White people and Black people were segregated in the Country for over 300 years. Blacks could not attend White schools; or go to their hospitals; or go to stores; or go their churches; or drink from their water fountains; or eat in their restaurants; or live in their neighborhood; or work on their good jobs. All that Black people could do in the USA was menial hard labor and fight in the White man's wars. The later White immigrants to the USA from Europe and Latin America eventually took all of the higher paying hard labor jobs after the White man unionized those jobs and gave better pay and benefits. So the Black people in America were not influenced by White Americans. Btw, the way that is the answer to the OP. Black people achievements in the USA were on the own merit. That is why the White man in the USA hates the African American and then for some unknown reason the White man in America admires the African American. So no; African Americans are not influenced by White Americans which is the reason for the brutality by the police.

You have advised me that you are a Nigerian, but your statements scream out that you are a White man; because you are literally saying that Black people have achieved nothing without White people. That is just nonsense.

1 Like

Re: . by khiaa(f): 1:19am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

Hahaha. Na olodo you be

Have you not noticed that this thread is focused on African Americans? This is nairaland and not dollarland so what exactly are you doing here?

You obviously haven't noticed but we recently voted out a corrupt incumbent president/government because we want change. Apparently you are more ignorant than I thought or else you would have noticed that there is NO SINGLE white government official here unlike in your "heaven" where Obama is still a puppet to the whites who are REALLY in charge.

You are a nigger as long as you live in America and feed off the foundation that whites created for you. If your ancestors weren't sold of as slaves, which they were even while they were here, by my ancestors who were kings, YOU and YOUR FUTURE generation would have still been slaves here instead of wearing gold chains and killing each other over drugs and neighbourhoods which you don't even own houses in.

Oloriburuku. Omo ale ti o month ile.

You are to much of an ignorant bafoon for me to continue to attempt an intelligent conversation with. You lack self esteem and you are a poor excuse for a man. Read more so that you will learn more, until then, I'm done with you.

PS.... Dumb Jackass, your family was sold off to slavery aswell, those slaves were your grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.
You just voted your new president in, only time will tell if he is a good and honest leader or just another criminal who is in office to continue the legacy of nigerian crooked leadership.
I am here because Seun invited me here.
He invited friends of nigeria not only nigerians to his website.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 1:22am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

You seem to know much about history. I'm impressed.

I was wondering though, do you know what part of Africa your fore fathers originated from before they were taken/sold off as slaves by/to Europeans?

My preliminary DNA tests show that my regions as being Cameroon/Congo (38%), Ghana/Ivory Coast (32%), Nigeria/Togo/Benin (10%), Senegal (3%) and Mali (3%). I have secondary DNA tests coming back in a few weeks and I am almost positive that my background will be Igbo 38%- Yoruba 10% on my Mother's side. I think that my father's side of family is going to be Asante/Baoule 32% and Mande/Jolloff or even Fulani for the rest. Those are my guess based upon things that I have been able to figure out about my family, but family lines that DNA tests come up with are usually different; so we will see.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 1:29am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

Lol. And I always thought that European criminals came here on the Mayflower. Well

What about the other things I pointed out? Aren't you going to comment on them or am I supposed to assume that you're doing some sort of philantrophy by giving free history lessons?

We have already discussed the other stuff that you have mentioned through out this thread. Africans have achieved huge successes before. You are only feeling the way that you feel, because of how the Europeans screwed up your land and left you all for broke. Things will improve; they already are, but it took Africans over 300 years to commit the atrocities that they committed with the Europeans during the slave trade. So it is going to take some time and atonement for Africans to dig their way out of it. That is what all of the warring and fighting is all about. Things will sort themselves out and Africa will rise again. One of the things that has to happen is that African Americans have to invest in the African nations and the governments of those nations have to deal with honesty and improve the physical and business infrastructure so that investors will know that their investments are safe. Right now there is a lot of corruption and transparency is not there.
Re: . by khiaa(f): 1:49am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

We have already discussed the other stuff that you have mentioned through out this thread. Africans have achieved huge successes before. You are only feeling the way that you feel, because of how the Europeans screwed up your land and left you all for broke. Things will improve; they already are, but it took Africans over 300 years to commit the atrocities that they committed with the Europeans during the slave trade. So it is going to take some time and atonement for Africans to dig their way out of it. That is what all of the warring and fighting is all about. Things will sort themselves out and Africa will rise again. One of the things that has to happen is that African Americans have to invest in the African nations and the governments of those nations have to deal with honesty and improve the physical and business infrastructure so that investors will know that their investments are safe. Right now there is a lot of corruption and transparency is not there.

African Americans will never greatly invest in Africa with the mentality that some of the Africans have, like this bafoon you are posting to. I do agree that there will have to be atonement and sincere remorse for the past, but above all TRUST is an issue that would be the hardest thing to achieve.

CAN WE TRUST THEM going by the past and present? Their greed is overwhelming. Their leaders are so greedy that they would sell their people into slavery to this day if the white man came to purchase them with lots of cash to pay.
There is no remorse for slavery by them, it was a profitable business caused by greed, the same greed that is present in their descendants today.
Re: . by tpiadotcom: 2:14am On May 10, 2015
are you saying this phenomenon is unique to Africans alone?
Re: . by MduZA: 6:45am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

Sorry, we will just have to disagree with you on what Black people can achieve. I am not joking with you when I say that White people in the USA literally did not help Black people in America achieve anything. They helped us with nothing. Black people in America had to build their own colleges, because just up until just 47 years ago Black Americans could not go to White people colleges.

The problems that you maybe facing has nothing to do with Black people. It may have something to do with the people electing inept and crooked government. That is not unique to any specific country anywhere. Maybe it is too much tribal stuff going on, rather than just electing the most competent people for positions. I don't know, but I do know that it has nothing to do with being Black. I am surprised by the amount of self hate that I see Africans having for themselves. Very surprising knowing the Kingdoms that the people descended from. I don't know how so many people can have such a negative opinion of themselves and their countrymen. Sad.

spot on...these are people who dont want to see other black people progressing due to the fact that they themselves are not capable of doing great things...

1 Like

Re: . by MduZA: 7:39am On May 10, 2015
hahn:

Lol. To think that you are throwing all that information back at me like I do not know the history of MJ and I do not acknowledge nor respect the achievements of the black is rather shocking.

Get off the defensive brother. Even Malcolm X tried to convince the black community to come back to Africa and try and rebuild from "home". There is no doubt that blacks are intelligent but the truth is without y'all being in America and being under majority of white beliefs and ideals you wouldn't have achieved as much as you have. The only reason why I say this is because these achievements you stated have NOT been replicated on African soil by Africans.

Africans obviously cannot lead themselves to prosperity without the influence of whites. Take for instance, South Africa. The native south Africans are lazy and obviously from their recent show of xenophobia would have never been able to achieve what they did without the aid of whites during apartheid. I know you'll say other African countries helped build SA but you really need to also understand that whatever they built was on the foundation of what the whites laid down in SA and even till today mjority of the rich in SA are white while the poor are mainly SAcans.

Same applies to the black in the US, whatever rights you have were as a result of the constitutions and laws written by the founding fathers of white America. If Jay Z, Malcolm 8, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks etc had grown up on African soil, there's every possibility that they wouldn't have achieved what they have.

I'm not a racist and its rather unfortunate that yourself and some other people like Khlaa believe I am. I was born here. I grew up here. I'm mixed and my mom was black. My dad left when I was barely 3 months old and I've lived, schooled, made friends here all my life. Even my wife is an Ijaw woman. I'm a typical Nigerian boy, just a bit light skinned and I'd proudly claim waffi before cliaming Scottish.

You need to understand that my rantings are not as a result of hatred of blacks or anything similar but as a deep and growing concern of how things go on here.

For your information, an average African won't regard and "African American" as kin. They see you as similar to whites because of the white influence you've had over the years.

I really think you need to come here and see how things REALLY are here to understand what I mean. Until then, I'm only forced to believe you'll never understand my POV because I can bet you have electricity while I still don't have any after more than 3 weeks.

But I still don't blame the white man. And please, quit it with the lecture. The fact that I'm in Africa doesn't make me ignorant. I know way more about what is going on in America than you know about what is going on in Africa. At least the average Nigerian TV station knows there America is on the map as opposed to CNN who couldn't properly place Nigeria on the map of Africa.

this norm of unnecessarily using SA as a case study to validate your rubbish is annoying...white people only make 5% of the south African population therefore if you are matured enough you would understand why poverty is only attributed to black communities ...may I also tell you that not every white person is rich in SA...During the apartheid regime,South Africa had independent states within herself called homelands,Black people were responsible for developing those areas under difficult circumstances and managed to build beautiful towns like Mafikeng,Thohoyandou,Umtata,Bisho en so forth...these towns are today accommodating thousands if not millions of foreigners who in return call black south Africans lazy
.....if the so called xenophobic attacks in SA can be attributed to black south Africans laziness,why didn't it happen before?

3 Likes

Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2015
khiaa:

African Americans created Rock n Roll, Country and Western, Jazz, Swing, Blues, Gospel, Barber Shop and every music that ever came out of this country. Classical music was not created by Americans.

I don't agree that African Americans created blues.

Blues music is a very old music style called Mbawdi in some Fulani dialects. Rock and Roll came from Sahelian grooves like Ishumar and traditional West African music. The rest of the music mentioned here however was created by African Americans.

In regards to classical music, Africans have their own classical music. Feel free to ask and I will link several examples.
Re: . by khiaa(f): 8:30am On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't agree that African Americans created blues.

Blues music is a very old music style called Mbawdi in some Fulani dialects. Rock and Roll came from Sahelian grooves like Ishumar and traditional West African music. The rest of the music mentioned here however was created by African Americans.

In regards to classical music, Africans have their own classical music. Feel free to ask and I will link several examples.

Black Americans invented blues, and rock n roll, there were no Fulani's in America in the 40's and 50's playing your music for blacks to hear and imitate and we definitely weren't in Nigeria.
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:03am On May 10, 2015
MduZA:

this norm of unnecessarily using SA as a case study to validate your rubbish is annoying...white people only make 5% of the south African population therefore if you are matured enough you would understand why poverty is only attributed to black communities ...may I also tell you that not every white person is rich in SA...During the apartheid regime,South Africa had independent states within herself called homelands,Black people were responsible for developing those areas under difficult circumstances and managed to build beautiful towns like Mafikeng,Thohoyandou,Umtata,Bisho en so forth...these towns are today accommodating thousands if not millions of foreigners who in return call black south Africans lazy
.....if the so called xenophobic attacks in SA can be attributed to black south Africans laziness,why didn't it happen before?

South Africans have always blamed other Africans for thei problems. It didn't start this year
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

You are only feeling the way that you feel, because of how the Europeans screwed up your land and left you all for broke.

Everything you said makes sense apart from this. We in African DON'T blame whites for our predicament. We know that the problem of Africa lies with us. I guess that is something black Americans are used to.

You need to stop reading history books for a second and try to understand what is going on in the PRESENT. We have developed way more than you can think. I'm sure you really don't believe I'm sitting down on a tree while I type this.

Your ignorance of what's going on presently in Africa is what is making this conversation go back and forth
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

My preliminary DNA tests show that my regions as being Cameroon/Congo (38%), Ghana/Ivory Coast (32%), Nigeria/Togo/Benin (10%), Senegal (3%) and Mali (3%). I have secondary DNA tests coming back in a few weeks and I am almost positive that my background will be Igbo 38%- Yoruba 10% on my Mother's side. I think that my father's side of family is going to be Asante/Baoule 32% and Mande/Jolloff or even Fulani for the rest. Those are my guess based upon things that I have been able to figure out about my family, but family lines that DNA tests come up with are usually different; so we will see.

Lol. I like you

Slavery really stole so much from us. Unfortunately, Africans only see African Americans as just Americans. I have a friend who left to the states when he was 6 and came back when he was about 25. He told me the first problem he had was the fact that he had to identify himself as Ibo or Yoruba when he expected to be accepted as another black dude.

I believe of all problems, tribalism comes first before corruption
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:18am On May 10, 2015
I guess we need to talk about something else. You're still not getting it

AkanIgbo:

Not True. African Americans were not that influenced by White people. How could they be, because White people and Black people were segregated in the Country for over 300 years. Blacks could not attend White schools; or go to their hospitals; or go to stores; or go their churches; or drink from their water fountains; or eat in their restaurants; or live in their neighborhood; or work on their good jobs. All that Black people could do in the USA was menial hard labor and fight in the White man's wars. The later White immigrants to the USA from Europe and Latin America eventually took all of the higher paying hard labor jobs after the White man unionized those jobs and gave better pay and benefits. So the Black people in America were not influenced by White Americans. Btw, the way that is the answer to the OP. Black people achievements in the USA were on the own merit. That is why the White man in the USA hates the African American and then for some unknown reason the White man in America admires the African American. So no; African Americans are not influenced by White Americans which is the reason for the brutality by the police.

You have advised me that you are a Nigerian, but your statements scream out that you are a White man; because you are literally saying that Black people have achieved nothing without White people. That is just nonsense.
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:20am On May 10, 2015
I read "black like me". I totally understand what you mean

AkanIgbo:

Re: . by hahn(m): 11:21am On May 10, 2015
Go and sleep

khiaa:

You are to much of an ignorant bafoon for me to continue to attempt an intelligent conversation with. You lack self esteem and you are a poor excuse for a man. Read more so that you will learn more, until then, I'm done with you.

PS.... Dumb Jackazz, your family was sold off to slavery aswel, those slaves were your grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.
You just voted your new president in, only time will tell if he is a good and honest leader or just another criminal who is in office to continue the legacy of nigerian crooked leadership.
I am here because Seun invited me here.
He invited friends of nigeria not only nigerians to his website.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
Now i get why you are sounding like this... you are half white. Your father is white, so you need to defend the othe side of your heritage.

hahn:
Go and sleep

Re: . by hahn(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2015
teeowl:
Now i get why you are sounding like this... you are half white. Your father is white, so you need to defend the othe side of your heritage.

*yawns*
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 2:15pm On May 10, 2015
khiaa:

Black Americans invented blues, and rock n roll, there were no Fulani's in America in the 40's and 50's playing your music for blacks to hear and imitate and we definitely weren't in Nigeria.

Blues music is thousands of years old it's not called blues in Africa same with rock, it's desert music, sorry AAs didn't invent every form of music. There's an entire documentary on this called from Mali to Mississippi.

http://www./video/x94279_du-mali-au-mississipi-1-4_music

Americans need to educate themselves on history
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 2:19pm On May 10, 2015
khiaa:

Ali Farka Toure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Nem-PNHLY

I can list thousands of examples because I know for a fact, the music you guys call blues and Rock n roll in the West has been around in the Sahel and Southern Sahara for thousands of years.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 8:01pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Ali Farka Toure:

I can list thousands of examples because I know for a fact, the music you guys call blues and Rock n roll in the West has been around in the Sahel and Southern Sahara for thousands of years.

The Blues, Jazz and Rock and Roll in America actually comes out of the gospel music in African American Churches. African Americans are a mix of the all of West African ethnic groups, as well as a few of the Central African Bantu ethnic groups in modern day Congo and Angola; so the music you hear out of the USA is a fusion of those different sounds from those different areas in Africa. That same fusions exist in Samba music out of Brazil and Calypso in the Caribbean. Another fusion appears to be Reggae music out of Jamaica, which some think is a fusion between Calypso music of the Caribbean and Rhythm and Blues and Jazz out of the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso_music
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggae
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2015
AkanIgbo:

The Blues, Jazz and Rock and Roll in America actually comes out of the gospel music in African American Churches. African Americans are a mix of the all of West African ethnic groups, as well as a few of the Central African Bantu ethnic groups in modern day Congo and Angola; so the music you hear out of the USA is a fusion of those different sounds from those different areas in Africa. That same fusions exist in Samba music out of Brazil and Calypso in the Caribbean. Another fusion appears to be Reggae music out of Jamaica, which some think is a fusion between Calypso music of the Caribbean and Rhythm and Blues and Jazz out of the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso_music
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggae

The blues has a distinct sound, whether it's delta blues and the beat/influence even based on that documentary is 100% African (mainly Sahelian).

Samba music sounds a lot like some West African music (Makossa)
Calypso which is also Caribbean music seems to have gotten its roots from West African Makossa and Congolese Soukous
Reggae music, I'm unsure of its roots, but check out this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTdFotxvgyw&
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 8:29pm On May 10, 2015
You can't honestly say this music that has been played for thousands of years in my Sahelian region isn't what Americans call "Blues"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-uq8cTF7o
Re: . by khiaa(f): 11:00pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Ali Farka Toure:

Fulaman this video is only proof that the blues influenced this musician, you would need to show your proof atleast 80 years back.
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 11:27pm On May 10, 2015
khiaa:

Fulaman this video is only proof that the blues influenced this musician, you would need to show your proof atleast 80 years back.

No no no, you got it completely wrong, if you watched the video he clearly said, what is this music it's our own music. Blues has been around for Millenia in Africa. It also means you didn't watch the documentary from Mali to Mississippi. The first time Ali Farka Toure heard blues was from a white man, when he performed his own music. The white man told him that the music played in the Sahel sounds like "Blues" and introduced him to John Lee Hooker. The only difference was that the music was in English when our Sahelian music has always been in our native tongues (Songhai, Hausa, Tamasheq, Fulfulde, Bambara, etc.)
Re: . by khiaa(f): 11:55pm On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

No no no, you got it completely wrong, if you watched the video he clearly said, what is this music it's our own music. Blues has been around for Millenia in Africa. It also means you didn't watch the documentary from Mali to Mississippi. The first time Ali Farka Toure heard blues was from a white man, when he performed his own music. The white man told him that the music played in the Sahel sounds like "Blues" and introduced him to John Lee Hooker. The only difference was that the music was in English when our Sahelian music has always been in our native tongues (Songhai, Hausa, Tamasheq, Fulfulde, Bambara, etc.)

You are right Fula, I couldn't watch the video, it wouldn't load but I will continue to try. smiley
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 12:02am On May 11, 2015
khiaa:

You are right Fula, I couldn't watch the video, it wouldn't load but I will continue to try. smiley

Also one other thing:

http://www.amazon.com/blues-est-n%C3%A9-Afrique/dp/B00UY35ZO4/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1431298778&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Le+blues+est+ne+en+afrique

What does "Le blues est ne en afrique" mean in French? It you translate it word for word, it means that "Blues is born in Africa". A more accurate translation is Blues is from Africa.
Re: . by Yujin(m): 3:49am On May 11, 2015
hahn:

Music? Did you just mention music as an achievement? I am pretty sure that by music, you are referring to hip hop and RnB, right? Do you realise that classical music, rock and roll etc were all existing before hip hop was created in the 1980s. For your information, the richest hip hop artist isn't as rich as an average rock and roll group/band. Do you even know what goes on behind the scenes? The equipments used are all made by whites. The enabling market for such music to grow was created by whites. The whole "hollywood" glamor was created by whites.

Even here in Africa, our music only thrives because we have "copied" what works in the western world and even at that, the quality of our music is still relatively low and cannot be marketed to the world.

As far as the "inventions" go, blacks on African soil have not been able to achieve such feats. At the end of the day, without the enabling environment by the whites, blacks still wouldn't have invented the wheel.
You are writing jargons. You clearly don't know African history and so there's no need discussing the achievements of ancient Africa.
Re: . by Yujin(m): 4:04am On May 11, 2015
hahn:

Bro, you're smart. I've read through all your write ups and I must say, I'm impressed and I've learnt a few things.

But there is one thing I won't accept, "the reason why Africa is in poverty is because of whites". I live in Nigeria. I was born here. I went to school here. I don't have one single caucasian friend. I speak the language and as I type this, there has been a power cut for more than 3 weeks.

I believe it's our fault that we are where we are. Contrary to what you believe, I'm well informed about the roots of Africa and I do have sufficient knowledge of Africa's past glories, if I can put it that way. But at the end of the day, even majority of Africans aren't aware of our rich history. Our leaders will rather spend billions from the national budget on their salaries than on education. And, like the great Tai Solarin said, Ignorance is darkness.

At the moment, Africa is but a shadow of what we once were. There is a we-will-never-grow mentality here. Everyone is only concerned with filling up their pockets. We have reviewed our educational curriculum in, well, let's just say never. We have lots of natural resources but there is a lot of poverty due to mismanagement.

In my initial response to this post, I did say, "black Americans should come back to Africa". It really does sound unrealistic but with careful scrutiny, you have to admit that it is actually possible. But that's another story.

Yes, whites ARE thieves bro. Wherever they go, they steal knowledge, land and go back to develop their countries. But Africans steal from Africa and take it to Europe and America. When an average politician/civil servant/leader is will, they travel abroad for medical treatment and spend millions. But the average Nigerian, where I live, is deprived of clean water.

Maybe you need to come over here for a visit to really understand what I mean. Whites might have sown the seeds of poverty but blacks are watering it.
Now you're talking. Our present shameful state in Africa is as result of leadership failure. I can confidently say that Africans especially we the blacks are not very critical. This I'm ashamed of.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:00am On May 12, 2015
pleep:
And i'm not talking about with bs protest and marches i mean with real weapons?

Objectively i understand that black peoples problems are self imposed and police brutality is only a symptom of the bleeped up situation black people have CAUSED for themselves.

But there is a visceral reaction you get from watching video after video of some coward white trash killing unarmed men while claiming "their life was in danger." Is it time to give them something to actually be afraid of?

Ummm... I hope someone addressed this before me. Black peoples' problems are not self imposed. Black people have not created our situation. The situation was created by white supremacy. You act like white folks brought us to America on luxury cruise ships for the purpose of treating us like kings and queens. Please study the psychological effects of slavery on black Americans before you comment on our situation.

3 Likes

Re: . by pleep(m): 4:54am On Jun 01, 2015
AABeauty:

Ummm... I hope someone addressed this before me. Black peoples' problems are not self imposed. Black people have not created our situation. The situation was created by white supremacy. You act like white folks brought us to America on luxury cruise ships for the purpose of treating us like kings and queens. Please study the psychological effects of slavery on black Americans before you comment on our situation.

LOL! First off black people sold other black people as slaves to the whites. This is a fact

Also, most of the dysfunction, broken families, drug use criminality etc in black people were not observed in the decades following the emancipation of slaves, but rather started very recently in the modern age. Black peoples problems are self inflicted WAKE UP

1 Like

Re: . by tpiadotcom: 5:13am On Jun 01, 2015
Hm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? / Eyo Festival 2011. Calling All Happy Lagosians / Beautiful Northern Sudanese.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.