Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (10990 Views)

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:30am On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Lol. Well, they got there first and "bought" the land so they have more claim to it than African Americans have. Besides, African Americans have been living off the standard set by whites and all the "brothers" are concerned about is killing each other

You are really dim. White people didn't get to America first; there were already Native people there when the Whites got there. Secondly, White people didn't pay for any land; they stole the land jus like they steal everything else.
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 5:31am On May 08, 2015
I think for African Americans to fight back against racism, bigotry and perpetuated violence against them, they would have to fight back with education and the book. Physical violence (though many Afr.Americans have died by the gun due to police brutality), won't allow them to win. However, the reason why Jews are so powerful is due to their education. African Americans need to become powerful like that. Through education, one can fight back more effectively. That isn't to say that evil people won't cease killing them (remember the Holocaust? Germans kept killing Jews).

Overall, blacks have suffered a lot. That's due to the fact of

1. Being overly passive
2. Being overly trusting (not all blacks are this way, Fulanis hardly trust anyone except ourselves).
3. Not recognizing that togetherness is the only way to succeed
4. Kissing major arse.
5. Even when becoming educated, they don't use their education to fight back. (Goes back to #1)
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:38am On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Lol. America is "no man's land"? That's very funny. Then why don't you just hop on a plane and go there or do you think its the yoruba-igbo-Lagos issue? Africans were brought as slaves to America and really the only place they have is the one given to them by whites. The education used in fighting against segregation was instilled in the blacks by the whites. Hell, even the abolition of slave trade was achieved by whites.

African Americans have not contributed anything worthwhile to America. That's a fact

Seriously though I don't know if you are the stupidest person that has ever lived, but you are really close. One of the biggest contributions that America makes to the World is music and it was the African Americans gave America that music. Secondly, African Americans have give America many of its inventions. Some of the inventions were credit to White people because some of the inventors were slaves.

You are the typical ignorant white person in the USA or South Africa. You think that your group has this invention or that invention, but they didn't. Hell White people in America couldn't even feed themselves. The Native people in America fed them. The white people returned the kind gesture by killing off of the native people in America.

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:44am On May 08, 2015
hahn:

I'd say, "tell me more" and then ask why they didn't make the best of their discovery. Oh, I forgot, they didn't even make the best of their continent. Skip that and just "tell me more"

I will tell you more; you are the Forest Gump of racists.

Additionally, it was black people the "Moors" whose invasion of Spain in 711 A.D. that brought modern colleges, cities, sanitation, civilization and sophistication to Europeans. So Africa has been a civilized place for many centuries. Your cockiness is false and your people have created nothing except strife.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:49am On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Obviously, YOU are the ignorant one here. Blacks put themselves under suppression. How? Whenever they witness a crime in the "hood" and decide to "keep it real" by not telling the cops, they spuppress themselves. By selling crack and other drugs instead of looking for legitimate products to sell, they suppress themselves. When they invest in 20inch rims, nike, timberland etc instead of building lasting businesses, thet suppress themselves. When they join gangs, skip school instead of spending their youth chasing an education, they suppress themselves. When they blame whites for their problems instead of seeking out solutions, they suppress themselves.

Too bad for the native American, they were conquered and their land was claimed by another race and their race was basically obliterated but you really can compare the black with them because the blacks were "shipped" to America by the whites, educated and have been spoon fed by the whites all these years. The education, good roads, freedom of speech, technology, quality infrastructure were all made possible by the whites long before slave trade or even the discovery of Africa. Africans couldn't even build ships despite all the forests and jungles we have. We didn't even invent the "wheel", didn't know anything about the water cycle and we are still 10,000 years behind the rest of the world.

Ignoramus, you really need to start facing reality

Dude White people were educated by Black people. Look it up. The Moors were Black people from North Africa. It was the Moors that brought colleges and universities to Europe which lifted White people out of the dark ages. White people were illiterate when the Moors got to Europe and white people, including White Royalty didn't even practice proper hygiene. That was only 600 years ago. Hell slavery was only 150 years ago, so just shows you how recently that White people were uncivilized. In fact you are so dimmed witted that you don't even realize that it was the Moors introduction of navigation equipment into Spain that allowed Spain to be the first European power to sail into the new World; which in turn lead to slavery.

Even your great saviors the Greeks and Romans point to another set of Black people (the Egyptians) as being the sources of knowledge that the Roman and Greek empires were built upon.
Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 5:54am On May 08, 2015
Fulaman198:
I think for African Americans to fight back against racism, bigotry and perpetuated violence against them, they would have to fight back with education and the book. Physical violence (though many Afr.Americans have died by the gun due to police brutality), won't allow them to win. However, the reason why Jews are so powerful is due to their education. African Americans need to become powerful like that. Through education, one can fight back more effectively. That isn't to say that evil people won't cease killing them (remember the Holocaust? Germans kept killing Jews).

1. Being overly passive
2. Being overly trusting (not all blacks are this way, Fulanis hardly trust anyone except ourselves).
4. Kissing major arse.
5. Even when becoming educated, they don't use their education to fight back. (Goes back to #1)

I agree that education, of themselves, helps. A spiritual revival is absolutely necessary, and Im NOT proscribing Christianity or Islam.

Blacks around the global dont come from a history of racism thus we're not ready to fight racism. Racism is a battle whitey must fight within themselves, but they wont-- they enjoy their white privilege, yes the same could be said for tribalism.. As strong as whitey feels about their whiteness and racism, for Africans their tribalism is strong and for all Blacks their inferiority complexity is too strong with no signs of them breaking from its influence. You cant save all demons, Blacks need to worry about building where they know, staying connected to people who encourage them and can build with them .. doable once they know themselves..

For starters, dont cry too hard...Nigerian cops are likely 100x more corrupt. If you cant trust cops, they should be the last people you call if youre a man who knows his community

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:58am On May 08, 2015
SarcasticMe:

You'll notice in my first post, I wrote that blacks need to desist from hooliganism and gansterism... but if you look at it closely, you'll notice they really av no choice. You know how difficult it is for blacks to get jobs even after struggling to pass through school.
And since you're so vast about the slave trade, u should know that without the efforts of the black, America won't be what it is. Of course, I refrained from mentioning it because it is not noble. The whole industrial revolution won't take place if not for the efforts of black who toiled as slaves prior the 18th century.
The whole discrimination is racial. And unless the blacks fight for their rightful place, we will never coexist in peace. You think only the black Americans are pawns? Even we in Nigeria are suffering indirect consequences of this discrimination. Not until u travel out before you know that.

Where are you from? I worry about people like you. Your vantage point of African Americans is backwards. Black people in America don't act with hooliganism and gangsterism in any greater number than Nigerians do. Hell biggest act of gangsterism that I have ever heard of was Nigerians throwing other Nigerians into slavery. And the funniest part was the White man was a bigger gangster than the Nigerians, because the White man then enslaved the Nigerians that remained in Nigeria. African Americans are responding to police brutality. The same brutality that the English employed on Nigerians in Nigeria. Of the English sent information all over the World telling everyone that the Nigerians are hooligans and gangsters. Do you see it now? The white man says the same thing about the Nigerians as he as about the African Americans. The white man is the thug.
Re: . by Fulaman198(m): 6:12am On May 08, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I agree that education, of themselves, helps. A spiritual revival is absolutely necessary, and Im NOT proscribing Christianity or Islam.

Blacks around the global dont come from a history of racism thus we're not ready to fight racism. Racism is a battle whitey must fight within themselves, but they wont-- they enjoy their white privilege, yes the same could be said for tribalism.. As strong as whitey feels about their whiteness and racism, for Africans their tribalism is strong and for all Blacks their inferiority complexity is too strong with no signs of them breaking from its influence. You cant save all demons, Blacks need to worry about building where they know, staying connected to people who encourage them and can build with them .. doable once they know themselves..

For starters, dont cry too hard...Nigerian cops are likely 100x more corrupt. If you cant trust cops, they should be the last people you call if youre a man who knows his community

The crimes in Nigeria though are no where as horrific as the crimes in the United States, contrary to popular media. For the most part besides the maggots who go by the name of "Boko Haram", Nigeria, no West Africa in general is a safe place. Most Africans are a very welcoming and kind people and that's where I kind of think the over-passiveness comes from.

2 Likes

Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 6:14am On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

Where are you from? I worry about people like you. Your vantage point of African Americans is backwards. Black people in America don't act with hooliganism and gangsterism in any greater number than Nigerians do. Hell biggest act of gangsterism that I have ever heard of was Nigerians throwing other Nigerians into slavery. And the funniest part was the White man was a bigger gangster than the Nigerians, because the White man then enslaved the Nigerians that remained in Nigeria. African Americans are responding to police brutality. The same brutality that the English employed on Nigerians in Nigeria. Of the English sent information all over the World telling everyone that the Nigerians are hooligans and gangsters. Do you see it now? The white man says the same thing about the Nigerians as he as about the African Americans. The white man is the thug.

Some Nigerians feel embolden by their slave abetting past. Tread carefully, you might provoke erec.tion cool
Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 6:24am On May 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

The crimes in Nigeria though are no where as horrific as the crimes in the United States, contrary to popular media. For the most part besides the maggots who go by the name of "Boko Haram", Nigeria, no West Africa in general is a safe place. Most Africans are a very welcoming and kind people and that's where I kind of think the over-passiveness comes from.

Maybe true when qualifying crime. I referenced Nigeria soley to illustrate that despite the racism and black on black challenges we face and the tribalism and other challenges Nigerians face, everyone still have to build at the end of the day. These problems won't go away for our convenience, African Americans should know by now the magnitude of hate whites or anyone has in their culture for us not to be more united... but whether white or black, wait for no man
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 6:27am On May 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

1. Being overly passive
4. Kissing major arse.

African Americans are in the minority in the USA. White people in this country are jealous of African Americans culture, athletic ability, ingenuity and resilient spirit. The white men in this country are jealous because their white women find African American men attractive.
So there in lies the cause of friction. No one wants that white woman, but the white man can't sleep at night knowing that white women are chasing around black men.

Btw, I don't know if you are aware of this fact; but African American have built a lot of colleges and are a pretty educated group. Here are a list of historically black colleges in the USA and that doesn't even include the large National Universities that African Americans attend in the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historically_black_colleges_and_universities

83.7% of African Americans have a high school diploma. 20% of African Americans (10 million people) have college degrees. 1.7 million African Americans have advanced degrees. 3.0 million African Americans were enrolled in college in 2013. These numbers don't incorporate the number of people that are trades people and the ones that are employed in other gainful employment; nor do the numbers incorporate the millions of African American kids in primary and secondary school.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmcensus1.html
http://www.care2.com/causes/30-percent-of-americans-have-a-college-degree.html

The problem is not the education of African Americans. The problem is White Supremacy. The same White Supremacy that tells everyone all over the world that the Nigerians are crooks and violent. So the White man says the same thing about Nigerians that he says about African Americans. And none of it is true.

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 6:31am On May 08, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Some Nigerians feel embolden by their slave abetting past. Tread carefully, you might provoke erec.tion cool

They shouldn't feel embolden. It was that slave abetting past that ended up making them slaves, because as soon as the White man had taken slaves to the Americas; the White man then focused on those that he was going to make slaves right in Africa. So it was the foolishness of getting involved with slaving that ended up making them slaves, because that is what being colonized was about.

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 6:34am On May 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

Most African Americans are a kind welcoming people. Tread carefully, because White people fund most of the groups that make black people everywhere look bad. That is how they keep you divided and you will remain conquered.

1 Like

Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 6:38am On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

They shouldn't feel embolden. It was that slave abetting past that ended up making them slaves, because as soon as the White man had taken slaves to the Americas; the White man then focused on those that he was going to make slaves right in Africa. So it was the foolishness of getting involved with slaving that ended up making them slaves, because that is what being colonized was about.

True. But recalling this point in history and ultimately giving white people all this masterminding glory is making my skin curl.

Almost making me wanna act and talk white, marvel in everything whitey invents, white daddy the savior

Nigerians know that history very well. wink

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 6:50am On May 08, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

True. But recalling this point in history and ultimately giving white people all this masterminding glory is making my skin curl.

Almost making me wanna act and talk white, marvel in everything whitey invents, white daddy the savior

White people aren't masterminds now and they were not back then either. They just recognized that Africans were foolish and wouldn't stick together, even when sticking together was in all of their best interest. From my reading I can only find a few great African leaders during that era could see what the Europeans were up to back then (I think that one was an Oba in Yorubaland). And I know that Africans know their history; I just hope that we can learn from it.

1 Like

Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 7:17am On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

White people aren't masterminds now and they were not back then either. They just recognized that Africans were foolish and wouldn't stick together, even when sticking together was in all of their best interest. From my reading I can only find a few great African leaders during that era could see what the Europeans were up to back then (I think that one was an Oba in Yorubaland). And I know that Africans know their history; I just hope that we can learn from it.

Maybe true.

But with African Americans fighting police brutality, incensed racism and authority hiding behind a badge, blacks in america need to come together, a platitude echoing black panther era. Too many African Americans on high and low levels will sell out to whites with no shame, as would any black from history and today. I pray African Americans wake up and learn from African and American history first, if enough cared to learn from history we wouldn't have a black American society dependent on white police protection for starters. Police could never be trusted, but then again now you have blacks who are indoctrinated to get money, cars, clothes, or any notoriety by any means necessary and the next black man is usually his target. In fact the black man will kill African Americans for the dumbest reason. We have to deal with this challenge since we cant trust police to do it without resorting to a bullet to the brain. Black Panthers need to be revived, but hardly no one is willing to face demons in the mirror.

1 Like

Re: . by hahn(m): 11:00am On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

I am just always amazed at the level of stupidity in people. Just so you are aware of it; here are just some of the inventions made by African Americans:

http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/bhistory/inventors/
http://www.tnj.com/black-history-makers/major-inventions-african-americans
http://www.howstuffworks.com/innovation/inventions/10-inventions-by-african-americans.htm#page=1
http://www.biography.com/news/african-american-inventors-20737249

After reading your statement I have decided that you are not a mathematician. There are about 45-50 African Americans in the USA. Half of that number would be 22.5 to about 25 million people. In the USA there are only 11 million people on welfare. Only 39% of that group are African American. How does 4 million people equal 22.5 million people? The largest receipts of welfare in the USA are White people. They receive welfare benefits, food stamps and housing in far greater numbers than African Americans.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

In closing; I hope that your job doesn't require you to do math; because if it does then your employer is in trouble.

Apparently, you do not understand the comment. Saying blacks were not "accredited" to any inventions doesn't necessarily mean they didn't invent anything. Its similar to Igbos not being accredited to any of their developmental contributions to Lagos just because Lagos belongs to the Yorubas. Go figure

You need to work on your understanding of the English language.

Besides, everything the black man achieved on European soil is as a result of the enabling environment created by whites. If you disagree, then explain to me exactly why Africans have not been able to replicate such great feats on African soil. Whites created welfare for whites and they do have every reason to take advantage of it as opposed to blacks who have been unable to create this same here in Africa. Even South Africa's current level of development cannot be attributed to SAcans
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

You are really dim. White people didn't get to America first; there were already Native people there when the Whites got there. Secondly, White people didn't pay for any land; they stole the land jus like they steal everything else.

Another emotional response. I'd like to see you claim it back from them
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

Seriously though I don't know if you are the stupidest person that has ever lived, but you are really close. One of the biggest contributions that America makes to the World is music and it was the African Americans gave America that music. Secondly, African Americans have give America many of its inventions. Some of the inventions were credit to White people because some of the inventors were slaves.

You are the typical ignorant white person in the USA or South Africa. You think that your group has this invention or that invention, but they didn't. Hell White people in America couldn't even feed themselves. The Native people in America fed them. The white people returned the kind gesture by killing off of the native people in America.

Music? Did you just mention music as an achievement? I am pretty sure that by music, you are referring to hip hop and RnB, right? Do you realise that classical music, rock and roll etc were all existing before hip hop was created in the 1980s. For your information, the richest hip hop artist isn't as rich as an average rock and roll group/band. Do you even know what goes on behind the scenes? The equipments used are all made by whites. The enabling market for such music to grow was created by whites. The whole "hollywood" glamor was created by whites.

Even here in Africa, our music only thrives because we have "copied" what works in the western world and even at that, the quality of our music is still relatively low and cannot be marketed to the world.

As far as the "inventions" go, blacks on African soil have not been able to achieve such feats. At the end of the day, without the enabling environment by the whites, blacks still wouldn't have invented the wheel.
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:24am On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

I will tell you more; you are the Forest Gump of racists.

Additionally, it was black people the "Moors" whose invasion of Spain in 711 A.D. that brought modern colleges, cities, sanitation, civilization and sophistication to Europeans. So Africa has been a civilized place for many centuries. Your cockiness is false and your people have created nothing except strife.

So, explain why 90% of Africans still live in poverty? Didn't the Moors think it will be wise to teach other Africans what they taught Europeans?

I'll just ignore your "racist" comment. Especially considering that even blacks have an issue tolerating other blacks. Ask the Igbos, Yorubas, SAcans etc
Re: . by hahn(m): 11:28am On May 08, 2015
[quote author=AkanIgbo post=33527936]

Dude White people were educated by Black people. Look it up. The Moors were Black people from North Africa. It was the Moors that brought colleges and universities to Europe which lifted White people out of the dark ages. White people were illiterate when the Moors got to Europe and white people, including White Royalty didn't even practice proper hygiene. That was only 600 years ago. Hell slavery was only 150 years ago, so just shows you how recently that White people were uncivilized. In fact you are so dimmed witted that you don't even realize that it was the Moors introduction of navigation equipment into Spain that allowed Spain to be the first European power to sail into the new World; which in turn lead to slavery.

Even your great saviors the Greeks and Romans point to another set of Black people (the Egyptians) as being the sources of knowledge that the Roman and Greek empires were built upon.[/quote

Even Egyptians reject Africa
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 4:47pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Apparently, you do not understand the comment. Saying blacks were not "accredited" to any inventions doesn't necessarily mean they didn't invent anything. Its similar to Igbos not being accredited to any of their developmental contributions to Lagos just because Lagos belongs to the Yorubas. Go figure

You need to work on your understanding of the English language.

Besides, everything the black man achieved on European soil is as a result of the enabling environment created by whites. If you disagree, then explain to me exactly why Africans have not been able to replicate such great feats on African soil. Whites created welfare for whites and they do have every reason to take advantage of it as opposed to blacks who have been unable to create this same here in Africa. Even South Africa's current level of development cannot be attributed to SAcans

You need to work on your English language and you also need to work on your reasoning abilities. The Moors were not met with not met with an enabling environment in Spain; they were met with hostility which finally overthrew their empire in the 1400's. Moreover, that same environment has existed in Africa in Egypt, Yorubaland, Mali, Songhai, Ghana, Congo and many other kingdoms. Maybe you should do a little bit more reading on the kingdoms of Africa.

What I find hilarious about your responses is that but for the Moors and Arabs; white people would have remained in the dark ages. At the time that the Europeans came to the African shores the Kingdom of the Congo was the equal of the Kingdom of Portugal. Maybe you should do a little bit more reading on Africans, before attempting to look down on them. Hell the numerical system that the Europeans use right now is not even their own. LOL.
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 4:50pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

So, explain why 90% of Africans still live in poverty? Didn't the Moors think it will be wise to teach other Africans what they taught Europeans?

I'll just ignore your "racist" comment. Especially considering that even blacks have an issue tolerating other blacks. Ask the Igbos, Yorubas, SAcans etc

Africans live in poverty because of the thefts of the Europeans. The European thefts would not have happened if it were not for the complicit conduct of African Chiefs, Kings and politicos. Now if you want to say that African leadership has been poor, then have at it; but the poverty of Africans has nothing to do with the nonsense you are spewing.

Btw, the Moors were Africans. So empires like Mali had access to writing, mathematics, colleges and universities for centuries. So African societies had access to many of the same things that the Europeans had access to. The difference is that Europeans were closer geographically than many African societies they weren't as ethnically diverse due to the monarchy's intermarrying and the like. So as time passed Europeans shared knowledge and technologies through trade and alliances and marriages and whatnot, even though the average European was completely illiterate up until just the last century and a half. African societies traded technology, but many African societies stay ethnically diverse.

Basil Davidson, an Englishman, wrote a great number of books on the history of Africa Kingdoms if you are interested in reading and learning more about African civilizations. You don't have to remain ignorant, unless you just want to remain in that state of mind.

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:06pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Another emotional response. I'd like to see you claim it back from them

LOL. You are a winner. So you have actually convinced yourself that there were no people in the Americas, before the Europeans. LOL.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/america-before-columbus/
http://rense.com/general43/before.htm
http://www.npr.org/2005/08/21/4805434/1491-explores-the-americas-before-columbus
http://www.amazon.com/They-Came-Before-Columbus-Civilizations/dp/0812968174
http://www.historycentral.com/Indians/Before.html
Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:38pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Music? Did you just mention music as an achievement? [b]I am pretty sure that by music, you are referring to hip hop and RnB, right? Do you realise that classical music, rock and roll etc were all existing before hip hop was created in the 1980s. For your information, the richest hip hop artist isn't as rich as an average rock and roll group/band. Do you even know what goes on behind the scenes? The equipments used are all made by whites. The enabling market for such music to grow was created by whites. The whole "hollywood" glamor was created by whites.

[/b]Even here in Africa, our music only thrives because we have "copied" what works in the western world and even at that, the quality of our music is still relatively low and cannot be marketed to the world.

As far as the "inventions" go, blacks on African soil have not been able to achieve such feats. At the end of the day, without the enabling environment by the whites, blacks still wouldn't have invented the wheel.

I am from the USA. I live in Chicago, Illinois, but I was born in Memphis, Tennessee. If you know music, then you know the history of those cities in music.

First of all, Classical music is from Egypt. It was played during the eras of the Pharohs on instruments created in that region and still in use today.

The root music of all Western music (meaning USA) is Gospel music, which was song in the fields by the slaves. From gospel music emerged Blues Music, Blue Grass/Country Music and Jazz Music.

Blue Grass/Country music was song by the slaves at minstrel shows using something called a Banjo, which is an instrument from Africa. There is where White people heard that music for the first time and then the Whites people added their highland sounds from Ireland and Scotland which is modern Country music. The slaves started that music.

Blues music is secular gospel music. Blues music is the root music of Rock and Roll. The earliest Rock and Roll artist were black. White kids heard the music and started listening to Black artists. As time passed White formed their own rock and roll bands; but Rock and Roll is black people music.

Jazz music gave rise to Popular music.

If you notice anything about music, then you will notice that all English artists like Eric Clapton, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones all went to the USA and learned from black Blues artist like Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters, BB King, etc.

Rap and all other forms of current Western music, including the stuff by current White pop artist is actually from the Blues or Jazz music.

You can ask any White person in America that is knowledgeable about music and they will tell you that all musical forms in the USA is from the slaves. The only music that White people created was Polka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_music
http://old.post-gazette.com/magazine/20010218country2.asp

Btw, your statement about inventions by black people on black soil is false. Black in African created one of the most important inventions of all: the smelting of Iron. But for the smelting of Iron, most farming and industrial growth would not have been possible.

http://archaeology.about.com/od/africanironage/qt/african_iron_ag.htm

Like I wrote earlier you can educate yourself if you want or you can remain ignorant. It is up to you.

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 5:58pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Well White people have an issue tolerating other White people. After all White people have had 2 World Wars where millions of their own people were left dead. America had a Civil War were a lot of White people killed each other. The Germans still hate the French and English. The Russians can't stand the Americans, so White people don't exactly show the tolerance towards each other that you believe.

You need to stop buying into propaganda.

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 6:07pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Even Egyptians reject Africa

Egypt has been invaded and controlled by so many people, that you probably don't even know who the Egyptians are at this point. It is certainly not the people in Egypt right now, because the Egyptians were not Greek, Roman or the Muslims from the East. The Egyptians roots started from the South. The people of the South don't reject Africa.

1 Like

Re: . by hahn(m): 8:14pm On May 08, 2015
AkanIgbo:

Egypt has been invaded and controlled by so many people, that you probably don't even know who the Egyptians are at this point. It is certainly not the people in Egypt right now, because the Egyptians were not Greek, Roman or the Muslims from the East. The Egyptians roots started from the South. The people of the South don't reject Africa.

Bro, you're smart. I've read through all your write ups and I must say, I'm impressed and I've learnt a few things.

But there is one thing I won't accept, "the reason why Africa is in poverty is because of whites". I live in Nigeria. I was born here. I went to school here. I don't have one single caucasian friend. I speak the language and as I type this, there has been a power cut for more than 3 weeks.

I believe it's our fault that we are where we are. Contrary to what you believe, I'm well informed about the roots of Africa and I do have sufficient knowledge of Africa's past glories, if I can put it that way. But at the end of the day, even majority of Africans aren't aware of our rich history. Our leaders will rather spend billions from the national budget on their salaries than on education. And, like the great Tai Solarin said, Ignorance is darkness.

At the moment, Africa is but a shadow of what we once were. There is a we-will-never-grow mentality here. Everyone is only concerned with filling up their pockets. We have reviewed our educational curriculum in, well, let's just say never. We have lots of natural resources but there is a lot of poverty due to mismanagement.

In my initial response to this post, I did say, "black Americans should come back to Africa". It really does sound unrealistic but with careful scrutiny, you have to admit that it is actually possible. But that's another story.

Yes, whites ARE thieves bro. Wherever they go, they steal knowledge, land and go back to develop their countries. But Africans steal from Africa and take it to Europe and America. When an average politician/civil servant/leader is will, they travel abroad for medical treatment and spend millions. But the average Nigerian, where I live, is deprived of clean water.

Maybe you need to come over here for a visit to really understand what I mean. Whites might have sown the seeds of poverty but blacks are watering it.
Re: . by tpiadotcom: 8:21pm On May 08, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Do you really believe your problems are solely from people who "talk and act white"?
Re: . by AAinEqGuinea: 8:26pm On May 08, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Do you really believe your problems are solely from people who "talk and act white"?

when did I remotely imply that? grin

1 Like

Re: . by AkanIgbo: 9:08pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Bro, you're smart. I've read through all your write ups and I must say, I'm impressed and I've learnt a few things.

But there is one thing I won't accept, "the reason why Africa is in poverty is because of whites". I live in Nigeria. I was born here. I went to school here. I don't have one single caucasian friend. I speak the language and as I type this, there has been a power cut for more than 3 weeks.

I believe it's our fault that we are where we are. Contrary to what you believe, I'm well informed about the roots of Africa and I do have sufficient knowledge of Africa's past glories, if I can put it that way. But at the end of the day, even majority of Africans aren't aware of our rich history. Our leaders will rather spend billions from the national budget on their salaries than on education. And, like the great Tai Solarin said, Ignorance is darkness.

At the moment, Africa is but a shadow of what we once were. There is a we-will-never-grow mentality here. Everyone is only concerned with filling up their pockets. We have reviewed our educational curriculum in, well, let's just say never. We have lots of natural resources but there is a lot of poverty due to mismanagement.

In my initial response to this post, I did say, "black Americans should come back to Africa". It really does sound unrealistic but with careful scrutiny, you have to admit that it is actually possible. But that's another story.

Yes, whites ARE thieves bro. Wherever they go, they steal knowledge, land and go back to develop their countries. But Africans steal from Africa and take it to Europe and America. When an average politician/civil servant/leader is will, they travel abroad for medical treatment and spend millions. But the average Nigerian, where I live, is deprived of clean water.

Maybe you need to come over here for a visit to really understand what I mean. Whites might have sown the seeds of poverty but blacks are watering it.

My point of view is not a popular one, but the longer that I live the more I realize that Africans everywhere need an atonement for the Transatlantic slave trade. What a lot of people may not think about is that there is a lot of bitterness between black people over the trade; not only of the black people that were captured but also the families and friends that remained on the continent after their loved ones were hauled away.

How can that not be any bitterness from the slaves that made it to the USA and other countries in the new World? They were sold into bondage; in some cases by their own countrymen. Of course those slaves passed down that bitterness and distrust to their descendants; who were advised not to trust black people. So African Americans for the longest time didn't even trust each other, but shared abuses by the slavers forced African Americans into the same boat and we tied our futures to each other and now you don't hear black people in America act with such venom towards each other like they used to; because we know we are all that we got and we are learning to stick together which is how you elect a black president in majority white country. When African Americans went that far to trust each other it became an easy next step to start learning about their roots in Africa.

On the other side of that fence are the Africans. The one thing I notice is the constant friction between the ethnic groups (tribes). I can't help but think that a lot of the animosity is tied to the slave trade. After all there were a lot of wars and a lot deaths and a lot of families torn apart by trade. No one ever seems to speak about the mothers and the fathers and the grandparents who had to live on in Africa with the knowledge that they would never see children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews or cousins again; because those kids were hauled off as slaves, by the Aro groups and their slaving partners the English and other entities. How do you think that those families remaining in Africa felt knowing that they would never hear or see their love ones again. Of course those families are going to have bitterness. Of course they are going to pass that bitterness down through the generations. Later generations may not even know the reason for the bitterness towards the Aro groups, but they just know never to help them or trust them. The Africans are still working their way through that stuff and it is only made more difficult by Europeans culture being forced on them; which pushes the notion that Europeans are beautiful and Africans are not; which is just ridiculous.

I think that Nigerian political leaders and Chiefs need to look and learn from the government of Ghana. The government of Ghana apologized to Africans in the diaspora and to the descendants of the families of ancestors of the people that were enslaved for the role that the Asante played in the slave trade. It was only symbolic, but it showed that the government acknowledged the evil of the slave trade and the damage that even befell the African enslavers. A lot of African Americans have a lot of respect for Ghana and it is one of the reasons that African Americans visit that Country so often. I really believe that the various ethnic groups in Nigeria should apologize for their role in the trade as well. It would only be symbolic, but it might ease tension and create trust between the tribes and the descendants of the slaves.

http://www.modernghana.com/news/102692/1/ghana-apologizes-to-slaves-descendants.html

After reading your reply about the leadership in your country; it might not be Nigerians that need to fight back more than the African Americans. There is no reason for Nigeria to be where it is with the resources and the population that is in the country. I read an article the other day that noted that the Nigerians are the most educated group of immigrants in the USA. I don't understand how so many Nigerians can be so educated and how so many African Americans, most of whom ancestry is from modern Nigeria can be so educated; yet neither the Nigerians nor the African Americans can do anything to root out the corruption and ineptitude in Nigeria. We are a lost group of folks. I hope your power comes back on soon.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php
Re: . by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 08, 2015
hahn:

Where they came from. Africa. Duh

I know this is a serious section,
but..
cheesy
This cracked me up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Penis Festival, 2019. / Eyo Festival 2011. Calling All Happy Lagosians / Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.