Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari (26266 Views)

US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides / I’ll Restore Military Ties With US –buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by bjdon: 6:59am On Apr 15, 2015
Now we see why the US was so keen to have Buhari win. GEJ commited the cardinal sin of pivoting to Russia and China. After that there was no way back

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2015
gaetano:
ok na, biko dont also forget to.....

1. Stabilize world oil price.
2. Make 1Naira=1dollar

na u promise us o. Cos i'm still watching with my 3D glasses.

Bring your own stabilizer wey u dey use for house na

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:11am On Apr 15, 2015
lolaxavier:

Guy, relax...He is telling you what he has in plans to do when he takes over. At least, jona has to leave there first before he can do anything. I tire for una o...ahn ahn...
I relax finish nah. Na watch me dey watch GMB nah..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by benzylas(m): 7:16am On Apr 15, 2015
that is what the USA have always wanted to set up camps and trample on our sovereignty. a thing that they would not allow any nation to do.An alignment without the USA with proper application of diplomacy will lead us to neocolonialism

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:28am On Apr 15, 2015
VcStunner:
I A̶̲̥̅♏ watching you cry .... Only if u knew u wuld have been watching the other guy too

What is this one saying?
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:38am On Apr 15, 2015
benzylas:
that is what the USA have always wanted to set up camps and trample on our sovereignty. a thing that they would not allow any nation to do.An alignment without the USA with proper application of diplomacy will lead us to neocolonialism

As long as it rocks the progress of the country, it doesn't matter if it is US or Somalia. If we put our house in order, no other nation will trample upon our sovereignty.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by unclejb2(m): 7:44am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Keep watching with your hate-filled eyes. The rest of us Patriots will look to Buhari for good governance.... Which encompasses a whole lot of things. Including security, power, respect for human rights, a strong anti-corruption campaign and a restoration of Nigerian pride.

If Buhari does not deliver, we vote out APC in 2019.

I like your sense of reasoning. I only wish Great Grand Pa certificateless Buhari would desist from being sectarian in his utterances, and when or if he assumes office, he will fulfill his campaign promises as president of Nigeria not president of northern Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2015
unclejb2:
I like your sense of reasoning. I only wish Great Grand Pa certificateless Buhari would desist from being sectarian in his utterances, and when or if he assumes office, he will fulfill his campaign promises as president of Nigeria not president of northern Nigeria.

Still on this certificate matter. Una no dey tire. So easy to judge which tent you belong to....Anyway, he has won and he is now confirmed as the president-elect. If you are not satisfied, there are many life wires and transformers that are available for hugging. Try one...

3 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by unclejb2(m): 8:00am On Apr 15, 2015
lolaxavier:

Still on this certificate matter. Una no dey tire. So easy to judge which tent you belong to....Anyway, he has won and he is now confirmed as the president-elect. If you are not satisfied, there are many life wires and transformers that are available for hugging. Try one...
Even if i jump into Kainji dam or jump inside Geregu power plant, it wont give Great Grand Pa certificateless Almajiri Buhari a WAEC certificate.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by owobokiri(m): 8:08am On Apr 15, 2015
It is official: Buhari will turn Nigeria into a colony. This explains the reason for Americas overzealous supporrt of APC. Obasanjo did exactly the same thing. This is the biggest economy in Africa. This is the most populous black nation on earth. This economy is worth hundred of billions of dollars, YET, nearly a century after independence, an incoming president is so proud to beg for BASIC military training from country that has repeatedly shown little or no respect for both Nigeria and Nigerians! Can we ever grow as a country? Where has our national self esteem gone?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by TheOtherview: 8:12am On Apr 15, 2015
chidekings:

bro do ur research well..a wicked russia is 100 percent better than a good USA

What do you know about research?
Ever taken the time to study Russia's encroachment into the Baltics? Ethiopia under Mengistu?
I bet you have absolutely no inkling of the annexation of Finland, Kaliningrad, and lands across other frontiers, by the USSR.
Empire building of any sort is akin to a handshake that goes beyond the elbow, get it?

@texazzpete is absolutely right - you dine with all of them with a long spoon, if you've got any sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by SalC: 8:13am On Apr 15, 2015
Am surprised people welcome this idea. Are we moving forward or backwards?.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2015
SalC:
Am surprised people welcome this idea. Are we moving forward or backwards?.

Forward my friend, forward!

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by shigoslim(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2015
U see i thought Nigeria is sovereigns nation. Anyway there is not bad in building Alien with US govt but the question we should asking ourselves is that would US govt ever pray for Nigeria to become a strong and developed nation? Our eyes we soon clear, GEJ has take rightful decision by building strong Alien with Russian and China. Can US economy stand with that of China and Russian? I doubt it Nigeria is a learning keep on experiment on leaders .

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by themilanway(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2015
signz:
This is the opinion of a beegeagle blogger.

Ola on April 15, 2015 at 4:25 am
I just read this. http://www.punchng.com/news/ill-restore-military-ties-with-us-buhari/
Could somebody please read into this and inteprete it?
In my huble opinion, this is not the time for a government to kowtow to the US. Govt should speedily focus on speedily modernising and reorganizing the army, development of domestic technological platforms that are of military importance, see to the acquisition of state of the equipment and complimentary technology transfer to all arms of the military and lastly, make the military grow to at a faster projection than our economy. Largest economy on the continent should feature the strongest and one of the best armies on the continent and in the world. In my humble opinion again, US should not play a frontal role in this. There is no nation in the world that has been able to develop her domestic military industry by relying on the US. Even Japan and South Korea have had to restrategise in recent times because of the rising threat from China while their romance with their US ally has left them backward. US is only interested in selling their weapons to you, if they like you. They will NEVER help your domestic development militarily. Meanwhile, the day you offend them, they ground your entire army with embargo on spares!
Even our dear MoD in the UK is slowly realising dependency on the US only keeps you back and we would see the UK military slowly reducing it’s dependence on the US and NATO and re-awakening their domestic military industries in the next decade. I hope Buhari will not sell out Nigeria as a “thank you” to those who helped to bully and blackmail Jonathan out of office. Please note that I don’t have any political affiliations and I honestly don’t care who wins in an election, so long as the person moves Nigeria forward and does the needful!

The only people who "bullied and blacmailed"Uncle Joe were the people with their PVC.Enough of the false theory.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by chidekings(m): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2015
TheOtherview:

What do you know about research?
Ever taken the time to study Russia's encroachment into the Baltics? Ethiopia under Mengistu?
I bet you have absolutely no inkling of the annexation of Finland, Kaliningrad, and lands across other frontiers, by the USSR.
Empire building of any sort is akin to a handshake that goes beyond the elbow, get it?

@texazzpete is absolutely right - you dine with all of them with a long spoon, if you've got any sense at all.

i would have given u a perfect reply if u had talked like a gentleman not like an agbero

3 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by themilanway(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2015
unclejb2:
Even if i jump into Kainji dam of jump inside Geregu power plant, it wont give Great Grand Pa certificateless Almajiri Buhari a WAEC certificate.

No wonder your uncle with PHD was booted out in favour of a certificateless old grand pa.Dont you get it?The people dont give a middle finger about your age and qualificationN,they want to see you make a difference.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by SalC: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2015
lolaxavier:

Forward my friend, forward!
I seriously doubt it. Those guys have been here before and there was no improvement.

I will understand if Buhari wish to start buying arm from them again (if they will sell). But to bring their military personnels here is unacceptable. Ask Afghanistan, iraq etc.

4 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by HzRF(m): 8:31am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

... Because Russia and China themselves are not good puppet masters?

You guys know nothing about history. Any big power allying with you will seek to use you. Nothing wrong with being a friend to all, let them court you with gifts.

Dine with the devil with long spoon and you'll be fine. Jonathan was trying to dine with a teaspoon.
Lol
So u prefer USA to Russia
Let's see how it end

3 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by unclejb2(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2015
themilanway:

No wonder your uncle with PHD was booted out in favour of a certificateless old grand pa.Dont you get it?The people dont give a middle finger about your age and qualificationN,they want to see you make a difference.
Maybe he is happy his people remain uneducated almajiris whom he will always use for his political ambitions. what an irony. Snake no fit born frog naa!!

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by doctokwus: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2015
chidekings:

Is it the Russia of Putin of state sponsored assassinations of own citizens,widespread state corruption,mischief,limited freedom of information and perpetuation of one man in power,or another one?
People like you are really unbelievable by your naivety.

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by niceguy7(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2015
Thats 9c
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 15, 2015
pls help me move this to front page ,, this is important to my
life www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently-need- nairalanderspls
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2015
gaetano:
ok na, biko dont also forget to.....

1. Stabilize world oil price.
2. Make 1Naira=1dollar

na u promise us o. Cos i'm still watching with my 3D glasses.

Proof please?
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 15, 2015
I forsee GMB signing the HOMOSEXUAL LAW..
The US always have a way of achieving their aims.

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Billygee2u: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2015
Buhari has already sold Nigeria to the western world

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2015
chidekings:
one of the reasons i love Gej.. Nigerian should not be a western puppet,lets look east to russia and china.

You don't want Nigeria to be a Western puppet but don't mind we become an Eastern puppet of China and Russia?

Confused set of people everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by pauloookay(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2015
Oo
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by ttmacoy: 8:58am On Apr 15, 2015
Russia and China? Be careful what you wish for.

Besides you should aim to be your own master instead of looking for new puppet masters from the east.

chidekings:
one of the reasons i love Gej.. Nigerian should not be a western puppet,lets look east to russia and china.

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by notoriousbabe: 8:59am On Apr 15, 2015
Let's go there. Sai baba
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Bawss1(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2015
chidekings:

What research? You obviously are not a student of international relations. Look at nations that depended solely on Russia as allies and see how they turned out.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professor Chukwuka Okonjo Honoured In ghana / Presidency: APC Confident Of Victory – Tinubu / Wike Donates Transport Vehicles To Nigeria Correctional Service Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.