Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari (26262 Views)

US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides / I’ll Restore Military Ties With US –buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2015
iterator24:
this baba go commot our eyes for russia and china! una see wetin una don cause? you voted a puppet! chai! GEJ where are you?

No be only you dey ask that question oh!

Chai! shocked

There was once a sub-saharan giant called Nigeria pre-29/05/2015 sha

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 10:23am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

Funny dude, you completely overlook the fact that the US military is probably the most advanced and equipped force on earth today. Entering into a military alliance with them means that to some measure Nigeria will gain from its vast knowledge and expertise in this area. Do you want us to wait till a rogue country with North Korea-like ambitions crops up in our region before we start scrambling for alliances? Is the multi faceted threat of religious fundamentalism not a sufficient reason to want to have them by our sides.

Your argument would have had some merit if Nigeria had a considerable expertise in weapons and arms development but alas we don't have that. Even countries like South Africa and Australia that are geographically far from immediate threats still enter into alliances, (and they have a developed arms industry than ours) how much more do we need such alliances?

The trick is to forge alliances where our interests are secured.
Though some level of truth can be found in your argument especially for a nation that wants to remain a beggar nation and the West's junkyard and finally a Government of puppets ,anything apart from these things I just mentioned is a tall dream my friend ,the US will never give you any technology,they will give you worthless aids to nibble on while they control your leadership to make policies that would surrender your sovereignty like our ancient African kings did under the continuous bombardments of their cities with canon balls .......Go figure grin grin..smh
Go read up your history books and stop watching CNN all day.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by domejike(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Keep watching with your hate-filled eyes. The rest of us Patriots will look to Buhari for good governance.... Which encompasses a whole lot of things. Including security, power, respect for human rights, a strong anti-corruption campaign and a restoration of Nigerian pride.

If Buhari does not deliver, we vote out APC in 2019.
if you try fixing power without providing alternatives for importers of generators in nigeria, trust me our government will keep spending money endlessly year in year out, from 1 dispensation to the other all in the name of fixing power. Because vandalism will never stop. 2. We must put our nation's interest first above party or political interest, else sabotaurs will keep sabotaging any government's efforts and thus criticism will not end.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by HolyHero: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2015
politicians can lie!! they will promise you heaven on earth just to get Ur support... just as a guy would do to get between the legs of a girl
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 15, 2015
Jonathan is weak yet he stood his ground against US. They hated him for signing anti-gay law. Now the so called bihari is not yet President and he is showing us how weak he is. We need to live like a republic that we are. I pity Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Youpele52: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2015
hotmas911:
provide me with a list of countries that have looked east and are better off for it and I will also give you list of countries that looked west. Even China had to look west.
Nope, it's the other way round. The west is looking towards china that's why most American products from phones, electronics etc are actually made in China but designed in US. Do you know how many times Obama has visited china? It's far more the number times Chinese president has visited the US.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:28am On Apr 15, 2015
TheOtherview:

What do you know about research?
Ever taken the time to study Russia's encroachment into the Baltics? Ethiopia under Mengistu?
I bet you have absolutely no inkling of the annexation of Finland, Kaliningrad, and lands across other frontiers, by the USSR.
Empire building of any sort is akin to a handshake that goes beyond the elbow, get it?

@texazzpete is absolutely right - you dine with all of them with a long spoon, if you've got any sense at all.

And pray tell me, how is russia going to annex Nigeria seeing as we don't share a land or sea border with them? This is an alliance of National interests for christ's sake so stop painting it otherwise. Don't tell me it doesn't profit us to have russia and china to fall back to whenever the friendship of uncle sam hits rocky shores

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Reference(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2015
lolaxavier:

Guy, relax...He is telling you what he has in plans to do when he takes over. At least, jona has to leave there first before he can do anything. I tire for una o...ahn ahn...

Why should you be tired of them. They are called opposition. They are the ONLY guarantee GMB will perform because as for the man himself, when the going gets tough will profer excuses and you his supporters will clap for him. It happened the other way round with the PDP and GEJ and that's how democracy works. You guys are the engine. The opposition is the rudder. So expect no less over the next four years.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by hotmas911(m): 10:31am On Apr 15, 2015
Youpele52:

Nope, it's the other way round. The west is looking towards china that's why most American products from phones, electronics etc are actually made in China but designed in US. Do you know how many times Obama has visited china? It's far more the number times Chinese president has visited the US.
really?
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:31am On Apr 15, 2015
themilanway:

The only people who "bullied and blacmailed"Uncle Joe were the people with their PVC.Enough of the false theory.

Its a pity you're one of those Nigerians who couldn't read the writing(s) on the wall, does the name axelrod mean anything to you?
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by chrisviral(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2015
I say Hope for Gay folks, seems Buhari will accept you all after all grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2015
doctokwus:

Is it the Russia of Putin of state sponsored assassinations of own citizens,widespread state corruption,mischief,limited freedom of information and perpetuation of one man in power,or another one?
People like you are really unbelievable by your naivety.
Yes he did all that but only in his own country, with him you know where you stand!! I would rather do business with a foe I know than with a friend whose agendas I don't know and that's wisdom for you. Besides, russia isn't even our foe
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Bayswater: 10:37am On Apr 15, 2015
Why is this man hellbent on taking us back to our hopeless and helpless past? We have been able to forge new relationships that has granted us unhindered access not just to military equipments but also developmental projects which the Americans have never offered in the history of our relationship with them. I hope he won't do it

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by lolaxavier(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2015
BraniacX:

The way some of you run your foul mouth sometimes is worse than repugnant, so GEJ never knew how to stir the nation abi? Have you asked yourself what the fine details or conditions of this agreement were that made GEJ to rather go without it? Of course not, as far as you're concerned Uncle Sam is right( especially as they never have hidden agendas, well according to you anyway ) and GEJ is clueless because you don't like him, well am not just sorry for you, am sorry for Nigeria now that GEJ is going, he tried to prove a point that Nigeria is too big to be anybody's stooge or puppet and cultivated rival alliances with russia and china as a balancing act, before entering buhari is selling us on a platter of gold back to Uncle Sam, who will he turn to then when Uncle Sam decides he has outlived his usefulness?

My suggestion to you is that next time you buy or pay for a good or service or a good or service is being marketed to you and you hear "terms and conditions apply", please settle down and read the terms and conditions first just like the so called clueless GEJ did, or you'll be in for a surprise in the not too distant future.
Those terms and conditions which buhari is too busy or too in a hurry to read, are more important than they look.

Sincerely, all i see is someone ranting because he is angry, for whatsoever reason, I don't know. I can't see any sense in what all the jargons you have expressed here. Sorry, I cannot help you.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 15, 2015
tit:
Buhari releases another lie!
will he dash them his forty cows before they agree to continue spying in Nigeria?
Damn! Seriously are u a lady? Because is very rare to see a lady so bitter like u. Babe/guy, aren't u tired of criticising GMB? Even when u know that he can handle this country very well in terms of corruption, insecurity and other stuffs? This hatred will never do u good, infact it will cause your more harm. This is how people start losing it and before u know it, things get out of hand. No offence ma'am, just feel like talking to a sister that needs help. Cheers!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

I didn't even see your post before I sent in my rejoinder to his post. Nice one. How anyone can say a wicked Russia is better than the US is just completely comical.

I can say it as things stand today, how many lives has uncle sam's friendship cost afghanistan, iraq, yemen, libya, egypt e.t.c? With russia you know where you stand, with uncle sam you don't

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by malbro(m): 10:40am On Apr 15, 2015
Then y re we a soverign nation...if we cant handle domestic matterz.....am so ashamed of both gej n buhari to involve outsided ova smal issues like diz
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

Are you of the view that Nigeria or any nation for that matter can go it alone in this era of globalisation? If that's true then you are gravely mistaken.

No but whichever friends or allies we choose, our interests must come first
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Reference(m): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Keep watching with your hate-filled eyes. The rest of us Patriots will look to Buhari for good governance.... Which encompasses a whole lot of things. Including security, power, respect for human rights, a strong anti-corruption campaign and a restoration of Nigerian pride.

If Buhari does not deliver, we vote out APC in 2019.

They have every right to 'hate' the in coming government just as you had the right to 'hate' the out going government. Whatever argument you use to justify your present and past positions they can also match.

Remember, performance is relative and diminishes over time as expectations constantly rise so the only thing keeping momentum going is criticism. Every government in the world is being criticised right now. Why you expect ours to be different baffles me. You can 'look' and 'expect'. Let them 'hate' and 'criticise'. Both your jobs are important. You are all patriots.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2015
ceejayluv:
Besides, didn't a top USA military officer say that boko haram "is not a priority"?.. The cancellation of joint military training with USA didn't occur without cogent reasons.
Cogent reasons like.............................................?

Am waiting!!
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2015
lolaxavier:

Sincerely, all i see is someone ranting because he is angry, for whatsoever reason, I don't know. I can't see any sense in what all the jargons you have expressed here. Sorry, I cannot help you.

Of course you can't, why should you be able to if your comprehension is as good as that of GMB which =s <zero.

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by kings09(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2015
chidekings:
one of the reasons i love Gej.. Nigerian should not be a western puppet,lets look east to russia and china.
And we wldnt dat make us 'eastern puppets'? Or u tink china n russia r doing us a charity?
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by ogaprime(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2015
gaetano:
ok na, biko dont also forget to.....

1. Stabilize world oil price.
2. Make 1Naira=1dollar

na u promise us o. Cos i'm still watching with my 3D glasses.

**stop traffic all over Nigeria
** reduce pregnancy from 9months to 6months

Hehehehe

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:51am On Apr 15, 2015
olaniyanc:

Stupid boy.You don't insult your country's president!

And GEJ is what? Your country's tax collector ?

1 Like

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by dealslip(f): 10:51am On Apr 15, 2015
bjdon:
Now we see why the US was so keen to have Buhari win. GEJ commited the cardinal sin of pivoting to Russia and China. After that there was no way back
It is scary that this guys snubbed GEJ from day one and have started romancing GMB even before he is sworn in. Expect a visit from Almighty Obama soon. GEJ was clueless but he refused to bow to the western powers. ApC is about to sell Nigeria for the price of change and power. The like of Tinubu have. Been praised in foreign media as a machievelli. But he is just a CIA puppet doing his job

2 Likes

Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by remirez07(m): 10:51am On Apr 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Unlike Clueless Joe, good leaders are able to multi-task. Do not cling to only one deliverable. Expect 5, at a minimum!
Oga ex army.... All we are saying give us light and work o..... We are tire of been lazy.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

You are giving too much credit to Jonathan, I doubt he noticed any double standards.

Anyway so you think Nigeria, that is not a known arms producer should sit all by itself instead of allying with superpowers that clearly have an edge in military matters? That must be a very naive form of national pride, nations fortify and strengthen themselves by allying with others. Nothing wrong with this as long as each nation enters into alliances where it stands to gain most.

In Nigeria's case, fortifying against what?
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by Reference(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2015
sameer1212:
Damn! Seriously are u a lady? Because is very rare to see a lady so bitter like u. Babe/guy, aren't u tired of criticising GMB? Even when u know that he can handle this country very well in terms of corruption, insecurity and other stuffs? This hatred will never do u good, infact it will cause your more harm. This is how people start losing it and before u know it, things get out of hand. No offence ma'am, just feel like talking to a sister that needs help. Cheers!

Another one. What has happened over the past three weeks that criticism against government should suddenly come to an end. I'm sure you will say elections and change of government. But should change of government mean an end to the instruments of change??

You will say, but criticism should trail 'lack of performance' and that the new government hasn't assumed authority and that how do they know they will not perform.

Well the truth is that governance is not easy. What we bought into were a series of promised anchored in character. It is mere speculation. Many other things make for a succesful government and some are not just satisfied with the promises and are not convinced about the character. It is understandable. Only performance will shut them up but even in a structurally faulty nation as ours not everyone will be bought over by performance. I have said that many times. The nature of the Nigerian state does not support good governance.
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 11:04am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

Funny dude, you completely overlook the fact that the US military is probably the most advanced and equipped force on earth today. Entering into a military alliance with them means that to some measure Nigeria will gain from its vast knowledge and expertise in this area. Do you want us to wait till a rogue country with North Korea-like ambitions crops up in our region before we start scrambling for alliances? Is the multi faceted threat of religious fundamentalism not a sufficient reason to want to have them by our sides.

Your argument would have had some merit if Nigeria had a considerable expertise in weapons and arms development but alas we don't have that. Even countries like South Africa and Australia that are geographically far from immediate threats still enter into alliances, (and they have a developed arms industry than ours) how much more do we need such alliances?

The trick is to forge alliances where our interests are secured.

And you think the U.S will share any of that knowledge and advanced technology that makes their military the best with you? They won't even share it with close allies like Japan and the U.K much less us, keep dreaming, I'll rather go with russia, they at least share their military technology, look at thei partnership with india to build a stealth fighter plane for instance with france to build an aicraft carrier
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by ogaprime(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2015
sameer1212:

So can buhari remove a corrupt governor that de state assembly is behind their governor?? Can buhari remove a corrupt senator when his constituency is behind him?? Highest buhari can remove are his ministers and federal perm secs.
I am against corruption, but its in our blood, deep down in our blood. The only way to stop corruption is to remove immunity from de constitution and attach death sentence as punishment for corrupt persons. That's why in china corrupt ministers commit suicide before they are arrested
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by bjdon: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2015
dealslip:

It is scary that this guys snubbed GEJ from day one and have started romancing GMB even before he is sworn in. Expect a visit from Almighty Obama soon. GEJ was clueless but he refused to bow to the western powers. ApC is about to sell Nigeria for the price of change and power. The like of Tinubu have. Been praised in foreign media as a machievelli. But he is just a CIA puppet doing his job
Very well said. When the FT, which is one of the main mouthpieces for western interests comes out in praise of the role Tinubu played in defeating GEJ, then the wise ones among us, can read between the lines. My only hope is that with time people's eyes will become clear and they'll see things for what they really are. I have never seen the US so biased in an election as they were this time, turning a blind eye to all the ACP atrocities, but always quick to point an eye to the PDP ones. Well Nigerians have got their 'Change', let's see how it all unfolds
Re: I'll Restore Military Ties With US - Buhari by themilanway(m): 11:20am On Apr 15, 2015
BraniacX:

Its a pity you're one of those Nigerians who couldn't read the writing(s) on the wall, does the name axelrod mean anything to you?

*yawns*Buhari will come good,quote me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Deceived Ndigbo On2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze Tells Buhari / Udom Emmanuel Lays Foundation For Shoprite In Uyo / Katsina North Senatorial EIection: Kaita Vs Kaita (Brothers Battle For Senate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.