Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) (24315 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Counter Thread - How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress. / Counter Thread:how A White Vs How A Naija Guy Ask For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:

You spit out fantastic words my friend! Your idea is brilliant, your "set" or should I say "Class" of 'baboonic' kids who joined early this year with you, should borrow a leaf of sense from you. Kudos angry

Oga mi sir. Ur comment is as usual funny. Thanks bro. Really appreciate. Perhaps do u think I should open a thread on this idea and suggest more idea from peeps?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:34am On Apr 17, 2015
wristwatch:

Oga mi sir. Ur comment is as usual funny. Thanks bro. Really appreciate. Perhaps do u think I should open a thread on this idea and suggest more idea from peeps?
Everyone is eligible to create a thread that will unite nairalanders and spice-up the section.. You've got good ideas
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Idowuogbo(f): 8:48am On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:

You spit out fantastic words my friend! Your idea is brilliant, your "set" or should I say "Class" of 'baboonic' kids who joined early this year with you, should borrow a leaf of sense from you. Kudos angry
Lmao! Abeg free this morning na! Lwkmd @ baboonic kids.You are pissed grin grin grin grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by tosyne2much(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2015
wristwatch:
I became active early this year and so I have no idea how much fun it used to be but all I know is that the romance section is currently dry filled with unreasonable post, Derailers, immature monikers, attention seekers and stalkers.

The way forward

1. Mods u are really trying but please you need to be more strict on derailers esp.

2. Duplicated, E war, Unreasonable posts/thread should be locked or removed.

3. Apart from the Mr and Mrs Nairaland pagent competition, I have an idea on event we can organised, though not some are not necessarily event.

A. Organise meetings from Tuesday to Saturdays (6pm-9pm) discussing on salient issues in relationship. That means we need 5 group heads with 2 assistants to monitor this meeting and members will be welcome to comment.

B. Every Sunday evening (5pm - 7pm) we should interview romancelanders getting to know their biography.

C. We should have a media platform to discuss latest issue on celebrity relationship, etc.

I hope this idea will bring fun?

What do u think peeps?
Woooooow !!! You've got a brilliant idea

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2015
xynerise:

Everyone is eligible to create a thread that will unite nairalanders and spice-up the section.. You've got good ideas

Thanks bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2015
tosyne2much:
Woooooow !!! You've got a brilliant idea

Bros mi, Thanks. cool
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2015
Speakdatruth:
wot brought me to like did section then was dexplorer e-shows, d guy seem to b jobless then sha because d amount of time he used i just wonder whether hr got paid. he's not around anymore tho buh i think we nid more creative shows. also d end of d year award thingy was encouraged then to make people post carefully, I don't know abt now. i use to like how 190 made fun of threads n u just can't frown sometimes n also idowuogbo werey. maybe DAT family unit has gone, let's just enjoy dos around
Your mention would have been the 5th to be ignored on this matter as the matter itself is becoming boring but you pointed something important. You see, as Xyne they mention oldie so, i don't believe in being called an oldie because if I was truly 'old' I should be in the family section and leave the 'kids' to run romance section.

The last time i received a PM was concerning how 'boring' the section has become. The truth is: like i replied, NL is an evolving system, you can't always compare now to back then. Things have changed, some don marry sef. Pikin don grow teeth. LOL. Ofcourse, we appreciate those times but let the 'newbie' do their thing, if you're not cool with that, port go Politics as I did.

You see my brother, everything we did; the e-shows and whatnot was a collective work. The moderators then took the section as a calling. The likes of Jaybee, SK and Ogugua will forever be mentioned. They thought and ate romance section. I could remember the first PM i received from SK was to build The Wooing Challenge concept which is still running till now. Oga, we were no way jobless as everything we did then was for the love of this section. But as Seun don make all the moderators female so, how's that romance? Does he know about 14years law? Hehehe

You mentioned the Romance Section Awards. You were right! For me I was particular about the Romance Poster of the Year. I think it's been stopped for 2years and the moniker: D-Explorer hasn't handed over. Then, I contacted a supermod and she told me it was a general thing. I think the award had been scrapped, i think. I would like it to be brought back because in my own case as you said, it guided my postings knowing fully well that who i was collecting it from was a 3times winner (MrBrownJay on whatever moniker you now operate, pls holla!). The award means something even if little to a virtual life.

Ni akotan, dude, i'm somewhat around and i still do e-shows, backstage. And you will find this moniker on every show on this section.

After all's been said, let the boys play!

7 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Idowuogbo(f): 9:18am On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:
Your mention would have been the 5th to be ignored on this matter as the matter itself is becoming boring but you pointed something important. You see, as Xyne they mention oldie so, i don't believe in being called an oldie because if I was truly 'old' I should be in the family section and leave the 'kids' to run romance section.

The last time i received a PM was concerning how 'boring' the section has become. The truth is: like i replied, NL is an evolving system, you can't always compare now to back then. Things have changed, some don marry sef. Pikin don grow teeth. LOL. Ofcourse, we appreciate those times but let the 'newbie' do their thing, if you're not cool with that, port go Politics as I did.

You see my brother, everything we did; the e-shows and whatnot was a collective work. [size=18pt]The moderators then took the section as a calling. The likes of Jaybee, SK and Ogugua will forever be mentioned. They thought and ate romance section. I could remember the first PM i received from SK was to build The Wooing Challenge concept which is still running till now. Oga, we were no way jobless as everything we did then was for the love of this section. [/size]But as Seun don make all the moderators female so, how's that romance? Does he know about 14years law? Hehehe

You mentioned the Romance Section Awards. You were right! For me I was particular about the Romance Poster of the Year. I think it's been stopped for 2years and the moniker: D-Explorer hasn't handed over. Then, I contacted a supermod and she told me it was a general thing. I think the award had been scrapped, i think. I would like it to be brought back because in my own case as you said, it guided my postings knowing fully well that who i was collecting it from was a 3times winner (MrBrownJay on whatever moniker you now operate, pls holla!). The award means something even if little to a virtual life.

Ni akotan, dude, i'm somewhat around and i still do e-shows, backstage. And you will find this moniker on every show on this section.

Oh God bless you baba! The problem we have here is the mods ooo!!

cc
Seun!!! Do something gademmit! angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:

Lobatan!
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by daveP(m): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2015
A whole page 15? A pity. Words never seem enough.

@wristwatch-your idea makes sense.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2015
wristwatch:

May Oluwa be praised for gifting you with this active and industrious brain! angry

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Oh God bless you baba! The problem we have here is the mods ooo!!

cc
Seun!!! Do something gademmit! angry
If we were to start comparing, we may not move forward, but like my observation, certain things should be pointed out.

Those good past, we had the moderators involved in the section but now, you either see a moderator when she wants to ban or when she wants to drop her one-liner.

And if Seun is reading this, a moderator's concentration to a particular section could be divided if he/she is giving 2/3 sections to moderate. Most especially traffic sections. Because that could add up too.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by 190: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2015
Lmfao I'm hearing my name being mentioned everywhere
So what's the problem this time
Is this section dying Abi wetin grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jashar(f): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2015
smiley i miss 190 and temigracie. Where did they go?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:

If we were to start comparing, we may not move forward, but like my observation, certain things should be pointed out.

Those good past, we had the moderators involved in the section but now, you either see a moderator when she wants to ban or when she wants to drop her one-liner.

And if Seun is reading this, a moderator's concentration to a particular section could be divided if he/she is giving 2/3 sections to moderate. Most especially traffic sections. Because that could add up too.
You have valid points! But understand this, it is not the mod's fault! She can monitor these sections quite alright, but do you people behave? No! You constantly assault mods verbally, when you see these kids creating foolish threads call the mods attention! When you see a rule being broken REPORT TO THE MODS, they are not God that can be omnipresent! No, they are not, they are human like you and I. Help the mods not query them! Help them. This section needs your help and mine! Let us join hands together with the able and amiable mods, to sanitize this section!!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Speakdatruth: 10:49am On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:

You see my brother, everything we did; the e-shows and whatnot was a collective work. The moderators then took the section as a calling. The likes of Jaybee, SK and Ogugua will forever be mentioned. They thought and ate romance section. I could remember the first PM i received from SK was to build The Wooing Challenge concept which is still running till now. Oga, we were no way jobless as everything we did then was for the love of this section. But as Seun don make all the moderators female so, how's that romance? Does he know about 14years law? Hehehe

respect sir!
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by AbuMikey(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2015
naijaboiy:
I became very active on this section when it was at it's crumbling stages after the tsunami.

Although things were still going on fine then and the section was sane.

I will simply state the problems I see in this section and how things can be improved.

1)The rate of attention seeking threads and popularity stunts on this section has reached its peak. Such threads even garner more pages than intellectual threads.

The Mods should always endeavour to lock such threads cos to me it's just a waste of cyberspace. And if you've noticed,,such threads are where e-fights occur the most and e-enmity is brewed.

2)There are so many derailers on this section.
They are not helping matters at all. These derailers are just like the boys at alaba market who pirate CD's and spoil producer's business.

In the sense that whenever a thread is created they will just come to derail. Someone will just come to a thread where his contributions are needed,,rather he'll mention his gang of derailers and then they will come there to scatter that thread and fhuuck shìt up.

The Mods are trying on this issue but I think their efforts are not enough as these gang of thread destructors are growing wings and spreading their territories day by day as they get more members.

They know themselves. smiley

3)Members should be encouraged to organise more competitions/events which will be widely accepted by all. Don't organise events just because you want to boost your e-popularity but because you want everyone to join in the fun.

Right now,,we have only the Wooing Challenge as the Mr&Miss NL competitions are now wide spread all over NL.

However,,i think the organising of events should be accrued to people who have stayed in this section for a reasonable while and have seen the way things go down. A minimum of two years at least. They should also be very active members of the section.

This is to enable the success of the competition fully because he/she will have more confidence from the people that it will be organised based on the fact that he/she knows how things are run.

However ideas of events should not be hidden,,it should be communicated with the Mods through mail so they could be notified and give their own suggestion about such events.

No event/competition can be fully successful without the Mods.

#MyPiece.

Cc: xynerise

This is it!!

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Idowuogbo(f): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:

You have valid points! But understand this[s], it is not the mod's fault! She can monitor these sections quite alright, but do you people behave? No! You constantly assault mods verbally, when you see these kids creating foolish threads call the mods attention! When you see a rule being broken REPORT TO THE MODS, they are not God that can be omnipresent! No, they are not, they are human like you and I. Help the mods not query them! Help them[/s]. This section needs your help and mine ! Let us join hands together with the able and amiable mods, to sanitize this section!!!! angry
NOOOOOOO!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2015
Idowuogbo:

NOOOOOOO!!!! angry
Idowuogbo no doubt you are an elder in this section! I am forever loyal to you! angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by naijaboiy: 11:41am On Apr 17, 2015
grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by naijaboiy: 11:46am On Apr 17, 2015
i've never seen kingtom this angry shocked
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by alberto2k(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2015
190:
Lmfao I'm hearing my name being mentioned everywhere
So what's the problem this time
Is this section dying Abi wetin grin
shocked
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 11:59am On Apr 17, 2015
naijaboiy:
i've never seen kingtom this angry shocked
I am very angry! This rot and decline began late last year! It is not the section you and I once knew, no it is not! To quote what the great SEXKILLZ said when he handed me a 30 year ban for stepping out of line "I suffer fools Gladly!!" angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:
I am very angry! This rot and decline began late last year! It is not the section yiu and once knew, no it is not! To quote what the great SEXKILLZ said when he handed me a 30 year ban for stepping out of line "I suffer fools Gladly!!" angry

Chioor.. See as you dey carry the matter for head like tapa wey dey sell ewa agoyin grin

Seun dey complain?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
Bardolino:

Chioor.. See as you dey carry the matter for head like tapa wey dey sell ewa agoyin grin

Seun dey complain?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeww angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:
Mtcheeeeeeeeeww angry

Buhahahaha grin grin

Kamoru don vex o grin grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Bardolino:

Buhahahaha grin grin

Kamoru don vex o grin grin

We are not here to laugh! angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:
We are not here to laugh! angry

Na gang dey reign for this section now. Go and form ya own..

Meanwhile..Chop am angry angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Top 10 Male Nairalanders With The Cutest Smiles! / Ladies: Why Are You Single? / Miss Sahhara: Being Born In A Country Hostile To Gays & Transgender Makes Me Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.