Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) (24329 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Counter Thread - How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress. / Counter Thread:how A White Vs How A Naija Guy Ask For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:

You have valid points! But understand this, it is not the mod's fault! She can monitor these sections quite alright, but do you people behave? No! You constantly assault mods verbally, when you see these kids creating foolish threads call the mods attention! When you see a rule being broken REPORT TO THE MODS, they are not God that can be omnipresent! No, they are not, they are human like you and I. Help the mods not query them! Help them. This section needs your help and mine! Let us join hands together with the able and amiable mods, to sanitize this section!!!! angry
I wouldn't like to stress this any further as those were my observations and not queries. If in context of your post, I must say that you addressed the wrong person. You could check the list of my past topics to know why.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:
I wouldn't like to stress this any further as those were my observations and not queries. If in context of your post, I must say that you addressed the wrong person. You could check the list of my past topics to know why.
I know you, you are a a bonafide oldie! I believe in your words as an elder statesman. I just wanted to let you know that the mods job will be made easier if we all cooperate and blend well with then. Thank You sir for surviving! angry
#Liberateromancesection!!
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by AbuMikey(m): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
Darkrebel666:
~ Things can never be like before. Take it or leave it. The generation of oldies has passed, this is the jet age. the computer age and the influx of teens in this sect is greater than before and would continue to increase yearly due to easy access to the web, so the talks about Kidults is irrelevant. If you feel you're a buzz kill and the most mature adult here, you can always navigate yourself to the Family section and enjoy your boredom there... Its not that hard to do.

~ Indiscriminate banning of monikers: Mods should stop being Fun-killers by banning monikers without even giving a second thought. This is not your site and the more you ban, the more disinterested the people that werr banned get .
I'm not saying you can't ban but give warnings and make it 2 hours/3 hours ban not 4 days ban or 5 ... That ssshit is so lame.

~ Lack of brain tasking/Creative threads/ Articles/ and Write-ups : The only one that's still a lil' bit appealing is the wooing thingy. At least we still racked our brains to formulate lines, save for some people that went to steal lines from Google grin .
asides that, there are no intellectual threads or write ups .. No stories...nothing..
Just pictures of either Yemi Alade's wrinkled Ass or Amber Rose's slacked bottom .. ..Farano is guilty of this ...

~ Trolling - A user has told you to stop mentioning him/her yet you follow him/her to every thread to starte trouble and derail the thread. Can't you gain some dignity and stay on your lane?

~ Absence of general chat-room - The only one created was the derailers lounge and it doesn't cut it. A general thread should be created for romancelanders to chat, joke, share problems and challenges etc

~ Gang/ Frat/ Crew : I've noticed everybody has their own particular crew or group or should I say fraternity.
Ibrahim only chats with Nneji and Tope and vice versa. And Tope doesn't chat or contribute to any thing in the sect. unless Nneji or Ibrahim is around . That sshit is so retardedd and childish. If you cannot mix well and you're not socially free in the real world, you don't have to also be like that on the internet. why can't everyone relate with each other and catch fun instead of only discussing with some particular set of people and making everything so stale, uninteresting and boring ... ..

~ That's all for me ....

I like this Guy!!!!!!
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
rocktation why?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by 190: 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
jashar:
smiley i miss 190 and temigracie. Where did they go?

angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:
I know you, you are a a bonafide oldie! I believe in your words as an elder statesman. I just wanted to let you know that the mods job will be made easier if we all cooperate and blend well with then. Thank You sir for surviving! angry
#Liberateromancesection!!
It's obvious you're angry about the situation. LOL
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Oahray: 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ok, after all said, what is the conclusion of the matter?

DExplorer where have you been sef?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:
It's obvious you're angry about the situation. LOL
Very angry! We must salvage whatever is left from this shithole we have now! Like the Phoenix, Romance section shall rise from the ashes!!!! angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Bardolino:

Na gang dey reign for this section now. Go and form ya own..

Meanwhile..Chop am angry angry

Weyrey! angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:
Very angry! We must salvage whatever is left from this shithole we have now! Like the Phoenix, Romance section shall rise from the ashes!!!! angry
Yeah, you're right!
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:
Yeah, you're right!
But sadly everyone thinks they can do whatever they like and get away with it. It's ok we will make it angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Oahray:
Ok, after all said, what is the conclusion of the matter?

DExplorer where have you been sef?
Have been around Oahray. . .justifying the money APC paid me on the Politics section. . .JK - Just Kidding! LOL
Nice seeing you around bro. . .any info?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 10:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:
But sadly everyone thinks they can do whatever they like and get away with it. It's ok we will make it angry
Ofcourse, if they are allowed. Though, i really do not believe in measures that could scare off the users of this section. We just need to convert them and get them busy/working for the section.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:
Ofcourse, if they are allowed. Though, i really do not believe in measures that could scare off the users of this section. We just need to convert them and get them busy/working for the section.
Exactly! Not necessarily showing them the door, but just grooming them on the proper etiquette angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
KingTom:
Exactly! Not necessarily showing them the door, but just grooming them on the proper etiquette angry
Yeah! I'm looking forward to the product of this thread.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by KingTom(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
DExplorer1:
Indeed
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
wristwatch:
I became active early this year and so I have no idea how much fun it used to be but all I know is that the romance section is currently dry filled with unreasonable post, Derailers, immature monikers, attention seekers and stalkers.

The way forward

1. Mods u are really trying but please you need to be more strict on derailers esp.

2. Duplicated, E war, Unreasonable posts/thread should be locked or removed.

3. Apart from the Mr and Mrs Nairaland pagent competition, I have an idea on event we can organised, though not some are not necessarily event.

A. Organise meetings from Tuesday to Saturdays (6pm-9pm) discussing on salient issues in relationship. That means we need 5 group heads with 2 assistants to monitor this meeting and members will be welcome to comment.

B. Every Sunday evening (5pm - 7pm) we should interview romancelanders getting to know their biography.

C. We should have a media platform to discuss latest issue on celebrity relationship, etc.

I hope this idea will bring fun?

What do u think peeps?
soo u smart like did ??

Chai I never knew, big ups to you, ur ideas were clear and on point
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by GentleMimi: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
Speakdatruth:
lol, d gurl bully persin sotey admin write her a pm. lol
ahh, gentlemimi was d opposite o. she was never gentle buh a rogue. dis characters added to d fun, a little free for all frm d mods at night cud be gud sha
I am gentle, not a rogue.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Speakdatruth: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
GentleMimi:

I am gentle, not a rogue.
wia u bin? wots yo new username naw?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Twaci(f): 9:59am On May 08, 2015
DExplorer1:

Have been around Oahray. . .justifying the money APC paid me on the Politics section. . .JK - Just Kidding! LOL
Nice seeing you around bro. . .any info?
Good day smiley. Please kindly check ur mail. Thanks.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 2:26am On May 09, 2015
Ishilove:
Back in the days, this section was so funfilled and very interesting, but now, the opposite is the case. The rash of attention seeking, idiotic, meaningless and trashy threads that insult our intelligence is the bane of the Romance section.

The way forward is...frankly I don't know the way forward.
pfft. It's all nostalgia. It was probably not that great.

Also, nowadays, people come to romance section to laugh. Seriously. It's not rocket science at all. What is happening on nairaland is a reflection of what is happening in the actual world. Romance as a whole is dying. You should know this. People don't care any more. They have become self-centered and vain and as such, romance as a concept in itself is fading. The way forward is, you moderators, lead by example and recycle old topics! you should know that Nigerians are natural copycats. If you give them a few examples, they will follow in that direction. Either that or you create something original yourself. Whichever works.

#myopinion. You're probably not going to follow it, and then later, you'll probably continue to complain. Can you prove me wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 2:29am On May 09, 2015
wristwatch:
I became active early this year and so I have no idea how much fun it used to be but all I know is that the romance section is currently dry filled with unreasonable post, Derailers, immature monikers, attention seekers and stalkers.

The way forward

1. Mods u are really trying but please you need to be more strict on derailers esp.

2. Duplicated, E war, Unreasonable posts/thread should be locked or removed.

3. Apart from the Mr and Mrs Nairaland pagent competition, I have an idea on event we can organised, though not some are not necessarily event.

A. Organise meetings from Tuesday to Saturdays (6pm-9pm) discussing on salient issues in relationship. That means we need 5 group heads with 2 assistants to monitor this meeting and members will be welcome to comment.

B. Every Sunday evening (5pm - 7pm) we should interview romancelanders getting to know their biography.

C. We should have a media platform to discuss latest issue on celebrity relationship, etc.

I hope this idea will bring fun?

What do u think peeps?
It is not enough to speculate. One must act!
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by MrsChima(f): 2:35am On May 09, 2015
xynerise:
Good day Romancelander,

I have been waiting for a platform like this to discuss how to revive the fun back to romance section but I was disappointed. Romance section used to be competitive, educative, expository and awe-inspiring, but we have lost much of that.

I tagged this a "Reunion" because I need the assistance, experience and intelligence of the oldbies on this mission. Issues on how to move forward and restore back the fun to this section not forgetting to carry everyone along. Issues will be discussed and ideas from everyone is welcomed. We have potential young men and women to make this section regain its lost pride and fame.

I have come up with a contest tagged "You think you know your favourite Nairalander?" which will be discussed as we proceed. I need your assistance in this mission for all to enjoy.

Your contribution will be appreciated.

Cc:
Ujsizzle
Mynd44
Dygeasy
Ezepromoe
Rockstation
Ishilove
Mizmycoli
Idowuogbo
Kingtom
Emusmith
Tosyne2much
etc

(Looking for my name)
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 2:57am On May 09, 2015
DExplorer1:
have you found it?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by DExplorer1: 7:37am On May 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
have you found it?
I wasn't finding...
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Mynd44: 9:55am On May 09, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Romance isn't meant for under 18s. It's meant for 18+
It's far from being DISCRIMINATION
When Natasha was 16, she made more sense that a lot of people here.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by annawhite(f): 8:51am On May 30, 2015
Goodmorning Nairalanders.....Xyneris lipsrsealed
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Idowuogbo(f): 8:58am On May 30, 2015
annawhite:
Goodmorning Nairalanders.....Xyneris lipsrsealed

My Darling!!! kiss
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by annawhite(f): 11:56am On May 30, 2015
Idowuogbo:

My Darling!!! kiss
IDOWU long time sis...

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

'Don't Leave Her If She Cheats On You, Just Apologize To Her' - Lady Advises Men / Miss Sahhara: Being Born In A Country Hostile To Gays & Transgender Makes Me Sad / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.