Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (84714 Views)

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Matty33(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
geedeex2:
You conceded after you exploited every crook means and they all failed.
I don't think so. If he was power drunk, he would have done whatever pleased him to remain in power not minding the repercursion.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Moheat(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
omenka:
A day is coming when God would look upon thee with mercy and grant thee some brain so thou can speaketh with wisdom.

So dry!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
God bless GEJ and temitemi1! !!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by fritiyo: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
fakeprophet:

gej till..... hahahaha, nairaland tanoids don begin adapt. b4 na gej till 2019. nw na god bless u.

my chairman i dont have time for what u say though but have some sense of respect for other people. it will do a lot of good to all of us.
God bless u as u comply.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by starlingbawa(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
After reading so many comments, I'm baffled as to how so many people here on Nairaland write like fools and you tend to wonder what they actually spent a minimum of 4 years studying in institutions of higher learning...

God help us!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Zhul001(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:
A day is coming when Nigerians would wish GEJ had won this election. CHANGE MY FOOT
we know you are ibo "loser"
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by eaglechild: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
APC is confused.

If your opponent wins you are bitter.

If your opponent loses you are bitter.

I do not envy you folks at all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
henpaul2000:

Rubbish

Utter rubbish! !
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by otemanuduno: 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:
A day is coming when Nigerians would wish GEJ had won this election. CHANGE MY FOOT

Why did you CHANGE YOUR FOOT? grin
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by SarcasticMe(m): 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:
Pray that day doesn't come...
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by olaniyanc: 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
Equalizer:
President Goodluck Jonathan has defended his decision to concede defeat to Muhammadu Buhari in the March 28 election, saying he was concerned about allowing his personal ambition scuttle a democratic system he helped nurtured, with the likely consequence of a “collective tragedy”.
Mr. Jonathan said Thursday that he needed to check his ambition, as the consequences of not doing so may have been dire not only for Nigeria, but Africa.

The president made the remarks during separate meetings with the new ambassadors of France, Senegal and Ethiopia. He was responding to commendations for his decision to promptly accept defeat after it became clear Mr. Buhari had won the polls.

“Democracy has to be nurtured to grow. Strong democratic institutions are the backbone and future of our democracy. They must be protected and nurtured. As for me, as a matter of principle, it is always the nation first,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“You need to have a nation before you can have an ambition. It should always be the nation first. You don’t have to scuttle national progress for personal ambition.

“Since I assumed duty, I have been involved in quelling political crisis in some African countries and I know what they passed through and what some are still going through. If you scuttle a system for personal ambition, it becomes a collective tragedy,’’ President Jonathan declared.
Mr. Jonathan urged world leaders and international institutions to give their fullest possible support to the incoming administration of Buhari.
He also called on all Nigerians to do their utmost best to help the incoming president succeed in leading the country to greater heights of accomplishment.

The president appealed for patience, understanding and cooperation, which, he said, Mr. Buhari will need to move the country forward to greater, peace, security and progress.

Speaking with the new French ambassador, Denis Guaer, President Jonathan urged France to extend the support and assistance it gave to his administration to Mr. Buhari’s government.
“President Francois Hollande was our guest in Nigeria during the celebration of Nigeria’s centenary. He has been very supportive of the country in the fight against terrorism. I expect that the same warmth and goodwill will be extended to the incoming government. I expect that France will continue to work with the new administration, especially on issues of terrorism.

“The United Nations has been supportive as well. Our troops, supported by regional forces, have done very well in fighting the terrorists in recent times. What we need now is support to help our people get back their lives,’’ he said.

The ambassadors commended President Jonathan for setting a record of humility, patriotism and courage in safeguarding the democratic process in Nigeria and Africa.

“Nigeria is not only an economic power in the world today, but also a great democratic example. And it is all by your effort, Mr. President. The last elections and your response was truly a great achievement and you will always be remembered for it,” the French ambassador told the President.

Mr. Guaer, the new Ambassador of Senegal, Baboucar Sambe, and the new Ambassador of Ethiopia, Samia Zekaria Gutu, who were at the Presidential Villa to present their letters of credence to President Jonathan, also assured him that they will do their best to strengthen relations between Nigeria and their countries during their tenure.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181550-why-i-conceded-defeat-to-buhari-jonathan.html

WELL DONE JONATHAN FOR NOT LISTEN TO OKUPE, FANI-KAYODE AND ALL THEIR ENEMY OF THE MASSES. WE SALUTE YOU!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by otemanuduno: 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
Matty33:
I don't think so. If he was power drunk, he would have done whatever pleased him to remain in power not minding the repercursion.

Which civilian president in Nigeria have done whatever pleases him and remained in power after losing an election?
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Opinedecandid(m): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
discusant:

In future, the person you brand cetificateless, cattle rearer, serial election loser who refused three times to congratulate the opponents that defeated him, he will consolidate powers for only people of his tribe, deploy brutal dictatorship to silence opposition, refuse to be beaten by any body outside his tribe in any future election, ensure that he hands over power to one of his tribesmen, his tribesmen hardly see the rest of Nigeria as equal partners in Nigeria, he is experienced in politics of playing nearly only for the good of his tribesmen.

People outside the man's tribe who are celebrating the man's victory today, such people have just a few months after the man becomes president to start gnashing their teeth in anguish. Mark today's date.

GEJ did not leave a good succession legacy for Nigeria.
I don't know what succession plan u expected from GEJ, but I know he may have considered something for 2019.

Fact is, he is a man that fears God, and would rather that the will of God prevails, unlike others.

Don't attempt to blame him for putting the interest of Nigeria over and above his interest, his tribe's or that of his people.

Until tomorrow, GEJ possesses the right leadership qualities than Buhari and many of his kind.
He proved this on March 30th. He proved he could bow out gallantly, he proved he wasn't power drunk, he proved he wasn't desperate for power, he proved he wasn't a leader by position, circumstance or opportunity, but that he is a leader at heart and by nature.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:
You wissshhhh! tongue tongue embarassed
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by domejike(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Keneking:
Sore loser...
Lost due to greed for power...
Lost due to incompetence in tackling insecurity, economic woes and weak leadership.
Lost to a supreme candidate
Lost to poor campaigns
Lost to cluelessness on issues relating to corruption and impunity.
Lost to numerical strength in opposition.
Lost for postponing the election by 6 weeks.
Lost due to poor campaign teams.
Lost due to spouse control and influence on your personhood over affairs of the country.
i dont blame you because his action has saved this your backward brain from the sharp knife of the fulanis. If the election result had gone otherwise this your post wouldnt have been read.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by otemanuduno: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
omenka:
My brother, d tin tire me pass u. Maybe Buhari should just hand over the victory to him because he conceded.

Mscheeew.

And na me the thing kon tire pass sef. E be like person wey carry last for racing competition kon dey rant say hin accept obvious defeat grin
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by tylesh(f): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
It's funny you are using SSCE in your example. We all are aware that Buhari is a certificateless senile dictator who can't even remember his VPs name grin.
He is ur president.Certificate or no certificate
Get used to it.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by otemanuduno: 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nazeeboy:
say all u like about his SSCE but that won't stop him from sitting on the throne come May 29. You can never do what this man does. Try not to have an SSCE certificate and see if you can even chop ur mama food talkless of being a president without a certificate. This man is leaving behind a legacy that no one can become what he's became without an SSCE certificate. That is if he does not have it at all.

Abi now, we have tried a SHOELESS boy and he failed YAKATA, why can't we try a Certificateless man too
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by stronger: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
silvernus0:

With Pictures of those underage voters in the north flying every were....that would have won him a clear court case.

WE ARE VERY LUCK THE PRESIDENT IS WHO HE IS

GIVE IT TO HIM

You guys are terribly pathetic mehn! You have brain cells! Use them. . or give them to charity.

A buncha people go around ranting about thousands of under-aged voters and you just believe it. The issue has been around for a while. Every PU has a PDP agent! Why aren't there thousands of picture of under-aged voters? THINK!! THINK! THINK!! For once, just think!

Show me 5 pictures of these under-aged voters and then prove to me that they actually voted for APC. If you can't do this and you're still ranting about them, I'll show you where to sell your brain cells!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by uwatii: 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
You sit for SSCE and make F9 parallel, you accept the result and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

Your house rent expires, you move out almost immediately and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

You lost an election, whether you concede defeat or not you must leave by May 29th. Anything else is bunkum.

Jonadunce is eternally foolish.

HUMMMM some times less talk as people who are responsible, "foolish,"were did dat one come from,
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by stronger: 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:
A day is coming when I will have sense

Amen!!
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by chizzy24(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
andresia:
Raabbish!
ure d rubbish, cus dnt tink. Ur family has eva had sum1 of GED
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
Having witnessed 2011 post election violence which was incited indirectly by Buhari, I didn't hesitate any minute in applauding President GEJ for conceding defeat whereby averting unnecessary bloodshed though some group of persons seems not to be happy cos they've already planned on taking innocent lives but God through GEJ, answered our prayers...
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Moheat(m): 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]The laundering of GEJ image continues under the supervision of America so that GEJ would not be implicated when America finally removes Buhari by whatever means.

Protect our president elect and protect our future prosperity.

Please do whatever you can do as an individual to expose the evil conspiracy against Buhari and his government.[/size]

Stop saying what yo don't know. Which America are you referring to? The same America that refused to sell arms to GEJ to fight Boko Haram? The America that was totally against GEJ's administration? You guys better stop looking for excuses to give should GMB fails. Though my prayers is, GMB succeed because it will be for the betterment of the Country
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by cocokiller1(f): 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nl thought one thing,how to hate nd hate people 4rm a certain tribe....not dat I liked em b4 nw
I pray they never cross my part
that's how deep the hatred has eaten into me
lol
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
stronger:
[size=16pt]Oga, you conceded because you LOST!!

End of story. Start packing your load to Otuoke!![/size]

[size=13pt]Abi o. What happens when someone loses election? You give way! If he had won and still handed power to Buhari, then all the rubbish he said up there would have made a lot of sense. And then, we can call him a hero.[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by abuRevelatus(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
God bless GEJ again and again.. My name is Abuh.. And i pray GEJ run for presidency again! Cos Nigerians are already regretting
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Bifwoli: 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
datguru:

That day is not far off.GEJ will be missed bigtime when Buhari the goat herder starts goofing big and things go awry.

You don't know what you've got till you lose it all.
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 11:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
garrix8:
Nonsense!!!

You sit for SSCE and make F9 parallel, you accept the result and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

Your house rent expires, you move out almost immediately and automatically become a candidate for the Nobel peace prize.

You lost an election, whether you concede defeat or not you must leave by May 29th. Anything else is bunkum.

Jonadunce is eternally foolish.

Mtscheeeew

Shut the hell up!! What would you call buhari and the APC for adopting GEJ's policies in privatising the power sector, agricultural success and fuel subsidy removal ( which you dolts kicked against,calling it a sham). Tell me?? What would you call your mallam who is now retracting his campaign promises even before he's President??
Is it that you Ediots just feel like spewing rubbish or abusing Jonathan for the sake of releasing the stench from your smelly mouths? Your idol has NOTHING to offer yet you sit here and call Jonathan names?? Buhari is nothing but an idi;ot-elect!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by drake2(m): 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Equalizer:
President Goodluck Jonathan has defended his decision to concede defeat to Muhammadu Buhari in the March 28 election, saying he was concerned about allowing his personal ambition scuttle a democratic system he helped nurtured, with the likely consequence of a “collective tragedy”.
Mr. Jonathan said Thursday that he needed to check his ambition, as the consequences of not doing so may have been dire not only for Nigeria, but Africa.

The president made the remarks during separate meetings with the new ambassadors of France, Senegal and Ethiopia. He was responding to commendations for his decision to promptly accept defeat after it became clear Mr. Buhari had won the polls.

“Democracy has to be nurtured to grow. Strong democratic institutions are the backbone and future of our democracy. They must be protected and nurtured. As for me, as a matter of principle, it is always the nation first,” Mr. Jonathan said.
“You need to have a nation before you can have an ambition. It should always be the nation first. You don’t have to scuttle national progress for personal ambition.

“Since I assumed duty, I have been involved in quelling political crisis in some African countries and I know what they passed through and what some are still going through. If you scuttle a system for personal ambition, it becomes a collective tragedy,’’ President Jonathan declared.
Mr. Jonathan urged world leaders and international institutions to give their fullest possible support to the incoming administration of Buhari.
He also called on all Nigerians to do their utmost best to help the incoming president succeed in leading the country to greater heights of accomplishment.

The president appealed for patience, understanding and cooperation, which, he said, Mr. Buhari will need to move the country forward to greater, peace, security and progress.

Speaking with the new French ambassador, Denis Guaer, President Jonathan urged France to extend the support and assistance it gave to his administration to Mr. Buhari’s government.
“President Francois Hollande was our guest in Nigeria during the celebration of Nigeria’s centenary. He has been very supportive of the country in the fight against terrorism. I expect that the same warmth and goodwill will be extended to the incoming government. I expect that France will continue to work with the new administration, especially on issues of terrorism.

“The United Nations has been supportive as well. Our troops, supported by regional forces, have done very well in fighting the terrorists in recent times. What we need now is support to help our people get back their lives,’’ he said.

The ambassadors commended President Jonathan for setting a record of humility, patriotism and courage in safeguarding the democratic process in Nigeria and Africa.

“Nigeria is not only an economic power in the world today, but also a great democratic example. And it is all by your effort, Mr. President. The last elections and your response was truly a great achievement and you will always be remembered for it,” the French ambassador told the President.

Mr. Guaer, the new Ambassador of Senegal, Baboucar Sambe, and the new Ambassador of Ethiopia, Samia Zekaria Gutu, who were at the Presidential Villa to present their letters of credence to President Jonathan, also assured him that they will do their best to strengthen relations between Nigeria and their countries during their tenure.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181550-why-i-conceded-defeat-to-buhari-jonathan.html

"full"
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by bollyano(f): 11:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
doctokwus:
Deceive those u can but not me.
U are nurturing democracy but used d military to rig in ekiti governor,Fayose.
-U are nurturing democracy but used wike and your wife to scuttle free/fair elections in Rivers; delta,Akwa Ibom and any place u could find thugs and d military willing to do your bidding.
U are nurturing democracy but tried all u cud using cronies to scuttle d card reader.
Discerning minds know your game and its this simple:for people to have a soft spot for you when your atrocities and your brazen rape of Nigeria starts being revealed when you leave office.

Must APC win all the states, cos i don't understand he used thugs in rivers, delta etc.. they prefer pdp candidate as their leader so y d hate?
Re: Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan by yemmybx(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
A day shall come when Nigerians would be greatful to God for voting out GEJ with PDP in 2015 and praise God that GMB won... I PRAY THAT GMB's time at ASO ROCK SHALL FAVOUR ME IN ALL RAMIFICATION Amen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And Okorocha Avoid Each Other At APC Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife / Abba Kyari Building A Mansion In Borno, Offered Neigbour ₦70m - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.