Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

He Beats Her Too Much!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Beats Her Too Much!! (2128 Views)

My Boyfriend Proposed To Me With A New Car, But He Beats Me Up, Can I Accept? – / He Beats Her Up And She Didn't Say Anything / 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by ConfessionsNgr: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lala247:
These topic gets me mad i hate men that hit women ... Im sorry no reason should make a guy turn a woman to punching bag .. Chai hope buhari bring some law changes cuz trust me over here u raise ur voice to much nah restraining order .. Slap sekf nah prison the man go re evaluate his life..
Rlly irritated .. But Op how cn u see it happening and not do anything cant u knock him out or something or tell the woman to break up fir a while or something...
Look at one guy here threw his gf over the balcony killed her .. We later found out he used to beat her up now she dead .. This us not right at all!
Lol sorry but im passionate on domestic violence either man or woman. smiley

We really could use those kind of laws here

1 Like

Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Sunymoore(m): 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
prettythicksme:
shocked u sound like u do beat ur gf cheesy
Nono.. I can't even beat an animal, let alone a human...
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
mulattoclaro:
a woman who runs her mouth gets nothing but beating and slaps in return. I'm a man and I will tell you a secret. Nothing hurts a man more than when you give him the silent treatment. Don't even utter a word when he speaks and see if he won't look stupid and come to apologize later. If two people are talking at the same time, tempers will start flaring and before you know it, water don pass garri. Cant she speak up for herself? Does she need someone to speak to her before she lefts the world know what's going on? A man once said you don't need a pastor to pray for you before things start happening or changing in your life. You can do it yourself without seeking the help of a pastor. She needs to take the bold and put a stop to being abused instead of waiting for someone to do for her what she ought to do herself. I'm not usually in the business of telling someone that it's not your fault when you're still alive to make amends.

Well ur entitled to ur opinion just saying not everyone can have the strength to do it .. She might even read this n it will click in her head ..
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sunymoore:

Nono.. I can't even beat an animal, let alone a human...
undecided
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Sunymoore(m): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
prettythicksme:
undecided
Trust me... I'm cool but I hate shittt like that, I usually keep quiet when provoked..
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by ronald4lif(m): 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I'm telling you. 98% of these girls are very dull. Na money dey make her endure or dat their I must marry mentality. You'll even see a girl of 21 talking about marriage whereas their foreign counterparts are not reasoning in that direction. Marriage is the final achievement of a Nigerian girl. Why can't they strife to become to go further and create something good for themselves? The president of IMF is a woman, the president of Brazil is a woman, the president of Argentina is a woman, the youngest pilot in the world is a woman. Believe me bro any man that has any of these women in his life as a wife would dare not try to hit her cos he knows what he stands to lose. 95% of nigerian girls have absolutely nothing to offer to a man except sex and probably come and bear children. I'm sure the man sees and notices she has nothing to offer. That's why he treats her in the manner he does.

The bolded are very valid points which I often wonder myself. I can't seem to understand why most of our girls focuses on marriage so much. All these set of girls talk about is marriage and marriage. That makes one wonder if marriage is an achievement of some sort or a leverage to transfer one's responsibilities to someone else.

We all want want to get married but why not focus first on building a career, become independent so no man can play you around. You see a lot girls going to school, earn a degree and become housewives. I don't think that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
ronald4lif:

The bolded are very valid points which I often wonder myself. I can't seem to understand why most of our girls focuses on marriage so much. All these set of girls talk about is marriage and marriage. That makes one wonder if marriage is an achievement of some sort or a leverage to transfer one's responsibilities to someone else.

We all want want to get married but why not focus first on building a career, become independent so no man can play you around. You see a lot girls going to school, earn a degree and become housewives. I don't think that makes sense.

Smh

Makes no sense
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by ronald4lif(m): 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lala247:

Smh

Makes no sense

It doesn't sink in at all. Of what benefit is it to spend years studying if one can't practice their profession or engage themselves in any other job, even if it's self employment. When you don't earn your own money chances are most men will get bored giving one money for something as little as pads or maggi cubes. That's just it.

One can decide to say only immature men or those who don't love their wives do such but that's not always the case. Yes, a woman is expected to take care of the kids but she can combine it with work, even if it's a part time employment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2015
ronald4lif:

It doesn't sink in at all. Of what benefit is it to spend years studying if one can't practice their profession or engage themselves in any other job, even if it's self employment. When you don't earn your own money chances are most men will get bored giving one money for something as little as pads or maggi cubes. That's just it.

One can decide to say only immature men or those who don't love their wives do such but that's not always the case. Yes, a woman is expected to take care of the kids but she can combine it with work, even if it's a part time employment.

But u can see how they behave god forbid their wives earn more ... They dont like career women dont get it tho .
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by pinkhill(f): 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
my candid advice stop interfering.....but before you do that tell her to stay silent...she should learn not to speak.

it is one of the hardest thing to do

but it will help
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Owliver(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lala247:

Lol lie lie .. I just bribe my way through most things grin he will go kirikiri with cash hun make them try lol
gurl, the system here will disappoint you so expect the worse if you wan come no say I no warn you sha. Have a great day
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
Owliver:
gurl, the system here will disappoint you so expect the worse if you wan come no say I no warn you sha. Have a great day

Lol dont worry i call u when im coming
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by martineverest(m): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
Societal pressure,men's choice and age re the major causes of this phenomenon.in a society where economic hardship is very rampant,how do u xpect women(who re likely to be oppressed as a result of chauvinistic attitude of nigeria men,coupled with 'gender inequality') to be successful even when their male counterparts re struggling to be successful..those(women) that managed to get to d level they want to be in life(successful and independent),they end up not getting married or getting married at an 'odd age'.these sets of successful women actually achieve their goals in their late 30s.the questions re y:how many nigerian men re ready to marry succesful women?;how many nigerian men re ready to marry women in their late 30s?...i would rada advise nigerian women to get married (to d rite man) on time and pursue their life goals or fufil their 'bucket list' as a married woman(dis may be difficult)
ronald4lif:

Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by ronald4lif(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
martineverest:
Societal pressure,men's choice and age re the major causes of this phenomenon.in a society where economic hardship is very rampant,how do u xpect women(who re likely to be oppressed as a result of chauvinistic attitude of nigeria men,coupled with 'gender inequality') to be successful even when their male counterparts re struggling to be successful..those(women) that managed to get to d level they want to be in life(successful and independent),they end up not getting married or getting married at an 'odd age'.these sets of successful women actually achieve their goals in their late 30s.the questions re y:how many nigerian men re ready to marry succesful women?;how many nigerian men re ready to marry women in their late 30s?...i would rada advise nigerian women to get married (to d rite man) on time and pursue their life goals or fufil their 'bucket list' as a married woman(dis may be difficult)

Interesting. Very resourceful thought. Never thought of all these points you rightly highlighted. But you know when one is eager or desperate for a life partner it's easy to make a wrong decision or partner. From some threads I read here and personal experience some of them just want to bear "mrs" without considering the pros and cons of marriage or the person they intend to marry.

This Nigerian men chauvistic attitude you talked about, don't you think it'll be worse off if a woman solely depends on the husband for everything rather than if they are working and earning something no matter how little?. Don't you think what propels this chauvinism it's likely because the man pays all the bills, therefore the wife should not have an opinion?.
Re: He Beats Her Too Much!! by martineverest(m): 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
Such ladies,esp those on nairaland re goaless,lazy materialistic and 'money-minded' ladies.i dont encourage total dependence on men by their wives.if u could recollect on the last sentences on my comment,which is,'i would rather advise nigerian women to get married and pursue their life goal while in their husband house'.this logic is what my three elder sisters used.they re happily married with children,they re have their own houses apart from the ones their various husband built.infact,i can openly tell u dat am from a house where women re richer than their husbands( from my mother to my immediate elder sisters) and they re 100
percent submissive..... 'unintelligent' and lazy women that re desperate to get married are the ones dat jump into the wrong marriage.
ronald4lif:

Interesting. Very resourceful thought. Never thought of all these points you rightly highlighted. But you know when one is eager or desperate for a life partner it's easy to make a wrong decision or partner. From some threads I read here and personal experience some of them just want to bear "mrs" without considering the pros and cons of marriage or the person they intend to marry.

This Nigerian men chauvistic attitude you talked about, don't you think it'll be worse off if a woman solely depends on the husband for everything rather than if they are working and ebbarning something no matter how little?. Don't you think what propels this chauvinism it's likely because the man pays all the bills, therefore the wife should not have an opinion?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: When You Don't Know Where Your Relationship Is Going. / Do Nigerians Really Use $EX Toy$ ? (PICTURES) / One Word For This Boy!!! *pic*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.