Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices (91090 Views)

How Ro Track Startimes / How Much Does Startimes Cost / Price Of A New Startimes Decoder And Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by az4sure(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
samilo88:

I totally agree with you. Giving you FOX, FX, FOXCRIME at that extremely low price is one of the best thing to happen to pay TV in Nigeria. My dstv decoder has been gathering dust for 6months now. As a strong fan of football, I go to viewing centre to enjoy my team play.
Most times its not just about the money but the value u derive. No sense groaning about multichoice when there are affordable options..
how much is the decoder
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by izinbizi(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Strongfaze:
See what crisis can do. The matter don dey get more interesting. If only Nigerians go commot eye for Oju kokoro! Startimes on point.

#NigeriansboycottDSTV

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Startimes has:
* Channels TV
* Star Novella E1 which can replace Telemundo
* Zee Cinema (and also Star Plus, StarGold and Bollywood TV) can replace zeetv.

I would be making the switch once my DSTV subscription expires.

darlenese:

Please I would like to know if the following channels are in startimes
*Telemundo
* Zee world
* Channels Tv

I'm planning to make a switch from dstv to startimes
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by samilo88(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:
Don't mind him. How peeps cook up a lie outta an original story. I got the message and when I saw his, I started wondering if the message I received earlier was a kinda mischief from the sender angry

Awon awinikaye angry
Madam if you no get anything to talk swerve back to your romance page. I got a text and pasted it as I saw it for the benefit of others who might want to try out startimes. What do I stand to gain by lying or would they pay me when they start raking in profit?
You got the message as u claimed, shoved it up ur asss but was quick to discredit the same person who passed the message along. People like you are the reason why Nigeria remains the way it is.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by onatisi(m): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Tayeni:
Its foriegn...but in partnership with NTA......i guess
thanks , but do they have yoruba film channel like dstv ?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
They have:

* Orisun (Yoruba movies)
* Tiwan Tiwa (The first Yoruba Musical and Life Style channel)

onatisi:
do they have a yoruba film channel like dstv ?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Time2Smile(m): 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
I think is high time someone gave DSTV some competition. Startimes might not be really competing with DSTV yet but it is positioning itself to do so. A lot of people who normally subscribe to the cheaper bouquet of DSTV have already abandoned DSTV for STARTIMES. What killed HITV was that they didn't have content and costumer base to cater for those that were not really interested in football. The business was based solely on premership right and losing the right killed HITV. But Startimes is already establishing a market space for itself, Therefore the next logical step is to bid for Premiership and Champions League right when the next round of bidding starts and send DSTV to the doldrums for good.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by izinbizi(m): 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
teeowl:
My folks are addicted to those channels. I just went to the startimes site, it seems they have Star Novella E1 which can replace Telemundo and Zee Cinema (and also Star Plus, StarGold and Bollywood TV) can replace zeetv. I would be making the switch once my DSTV subscription expires.

This is the Spirit of Change.
Thumbs up
team #NigeriansboycottDSTV
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by darlenese(f): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
teeowl:
Startimes has:
* Channels TV
* Star Novella E1 which can replace Telemundo
* Zee Cinema (and also Star Plus, StarGold and Bollywood TV) can replace zeetv.

I would be making the switch once my DSTV subscription expires.

Thanks Bro
It's bye bye to dstv, Money cannot waste grin
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by onatisi(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
az4sure:
how much is the decoder
koko master question .
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
samilo88:

Madam if you no get anything to talk swerve back to your romance page. I got a text and pasted it as I saw it for the benefit of others who might want to try out startimes. What do I stand to gain by lying or would they pay me when they start raking in profit?
You got the message as u claimed, shoved it up ur asss but was quick to discredit the same person who passed the message along. People like you are the reason why Nigeria remains the way it is.
See hypocrisy of the highest order shocked
Instead of retracting this base topic of yours even in the face of it being a lie, you here ranting sad
And you talking about Nigeria ''remaining'' the way it was undecided
If I posted the one I got, you would have countered, you know? But someone got same message and even sent a link! Now, judge yourself: who's the lying liar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sore looser tongue tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by eagleeye2: 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
tonychristopher:
i am not a sports freak and i am a documerntary and news freak that is why i love startimes. I enjoy BBC, Doc and it is very clear, it doesnt skip and i am not even using an antenna

I am not a sport freak either, except when super Eagles are playing. That's why for almost 5 months or more now, I have not bothered to subscribe.
But for my family, I may go for startime eventually.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
No be change, na money cause am! DSTV is getting expensive! N3000 for over 70 channels. I get NatGeo, Discovery world, Fox and FX - channels that I like. Channels that DSTV can NEVER give me for N3000!

Startimes is cheaper for me, than DSTV!

I just need to convince my Telemundo & zeeTV addicted folks that Startimes would be better - they are the ones that glue their eyes to those two junk TV channels.

izinbizi:

This is the Spirit of Change.
Thumbs up
team #NigeriansboycottDSTV

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by samilo88(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
az4sure:
how much is the decoder
Bros I don't have an idea. When I bought my starsat it was 7 months ago for about 13 with dish ND a month unique bouquet subscription. I think it's a lot cheaper now.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Chigold101(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
dayjee:
Very good, But they should include sports and show us European matches and we will abandon DSTV for good.
am sure they will bid for EPL & Champions league at the end of this season.

Please OP what about Classic did they slash the price too? Because i use classic cos i love watching Jim Jam & Childsmile... And also love foxnews
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by eluquenson(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
Gobe to DSTV, we need to boycott DSTV as soon as possible cos they can't be treating as if they don't make their major profits here. grin
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by luvinhubby(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
dayjee:
Very good, But they should include sports and show us European matches and we will abandon DSTV for good.
They show some Bundesliga, French ligue1, European cup qualifiers & Champions league.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
For me, I have to convince my folks to move on... Startimes looks cheaper for me - extra money to buy petrol for generator every month.

darlenese:

Thanks Bro
It's bye bye to dstv, Money cannot waste grin

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by onatisi(m): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
teeowl:
They have:

* Orisun (Yoruba movies)
* Tiwan Tiwa (The first Yoruba Musical and Life Style channel)

na so? Dstv dey craze !!!! Infact the way I go market startimes ,dstv go sue me sef . Bros thanks a lot .

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by wordychap: 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
are there any free channels on startimes?
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
dayjee:
they shld add Big Brother Africa too
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Truckpusher(m): 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:
Instead of retracting this base topic of yours even in the face of it being a lie, you here ranting sad
If I posted the one I got, you would have countered, you know? But someone got same message and even sent a link! Now, judge yourself: who's the lying liar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tell all 'em sore losers to scratch 'em balls . grin
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
Tell all 'em sore losers to scratch 'em balls . grin
You dey mind am? grin

Odogwu, ekenee'm wink cool cool
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
As at 2013 when I was still using Startimes it was NTA and CCTV channels that were free... I don't know about now. I would fix my external antenna today or tomorrow and connect my old Startimes decoder to find out and let you know. I am still subscribed to DSTV, but once my subscription expires... for me it is BYE BYE to DSTV (awon Oloshi ati Ole ajibole - Xenophobic bastards!)!

wordychap:
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by onatisi(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
wordychap:
u dey ask free channel on top 600 naira again Ppl dey wicked ooo
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by HzRF(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
dayjee:
This is what is holding their down fall and they will soon go down
They will beg us with pay per view then they will knw
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Nicepoker(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nice move.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by Rich4god(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
teeowl:
My folks are addicted to those channels. I just went to the startimes site, it seems they have Star Novella E1 which can replace Telemundo and Zee Cinema (and also Star Plus, StarGold and Bollywood TV) can replace zeetv. I would be making the switch once my DSTV subscription expires.

if you are on the 3k subscription, u go watch Bollywood and novels tire... They have like 10 channels dedicated to these two. Not to talk of fox series...
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by tonychristopher: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
my wife watches startimes the spanish soaps, the AM movies, my daughter kidco, nicholodeon and those cartoon chanels, me BBC, Documentaryy and music channels

so what else do i want, just 2k a month

and they channels dont skip

eagleeye2:

I am not a sport freak either, except when super Eagles are playing. That's why for almost 5 months or more now, I have not bothered to subscribe.
But for my family, I may go for startime eventually.
Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by samilo88(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
chimkaire:

Can you see how being a trol on nairaland has made you lose touch with reality. In your parochial reasoning, any information without a website link should be disregarded? I hope you ask for an online link when your bf decides to dump your sorry bitch asss

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by tivta(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
I never liked startimes back in the day due to limited channels, but with the current price slash, I might just reactivate the decoder. Never ever liked dstv, they keep increasing their cost with poor service, I remember when they launched gotv, everyone taught it was the end of startimes, now startimes is fighting back. Nigerians, soccer is not everything, if it is viewing centers are there. I love competition.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices by vickylala239: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
samilo88:
Was at work this afternoon when I got this message from startimes..
This is to inform our esteem customers that another bouquet has been introduced on starsat called NOVA bouquet with 36 channels for N600 monthly,the N3000 subscription will now be N1,800 with 85 channels,4 new channels will be added,namely:
iroko play,iroko plus,movie world and Amc series,all will take effect from 1st of may 2015.
Thank you for your patronage,
PEKO.

Sincerely speaking, I think startimes have really tried bring affordable pay tv to Nigerian homes. Besides sports I think thier channels and programs are top notch when compared to the price.
Mod pls assist move this to fp so others can benefit from this info..

Pls does startime has HD quality now,Cuz I abandon dem Cuz I cnt on it for visitors to watch Cuz of poor quality.

Pls any idea of HD quality Lik Dstv?

info plz

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Installers Phone Numbers And Location. / How To Hack DSTV, Gotv, Digital Tvs And Other Digital Decoders Subscription FREE / Fta Channels On W4/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.