Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1241526 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
I came across this WATCHMEN opening credit video today again. Very nostalgic scenes powered by Snyder's powerful visuals. I love the scene between 3:37 and 3:50, where Fidel Castro and Leonid Brezhnev are on a military parade. I also love the accurate depiction of JF Kennedy's assasination. The opening music by Bob Dylan also perfectly fits the narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
In the first few seconds of the WATCHMEN opening credits are Thomas and Martha Wayne being saved by Nite Owl after an attempted assasination. So, in the WATCHMEN universe, Batman never existed because his parents lived. This is such a warped timeline. Even Richard Nixon got elected for Third term and won the Vietnam war for the US in this universe...lol

[img]http://mikeantjones.files./2013/09/1.png[/img]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2016
Hehehe, Jon Jonzz and Supergirl. I so much dislike the concept art for Martian Manhunter in the CW TV series

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
badinfluence:

Can't you allow marvel be
I just dont undastand. Later, they'll say Marvel fans like coming here to cause trouble.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lana1:
I just dont undastand. Later, they'll say Marvel fans like coming here to cause trouble.

He didn't go to the Marvel thread to post that. Your argument is invalid.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by coolbreezy01: 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
Cmon DC lovers who is repping the flash, legends of tomorrow, arrow and supergirl crossover... Isn't it awesome. Like dc is one of the best for that crossover they did and if you miss out in it just download the latest episode 8 in any of this said series cause they are all titled Invasion.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ellimist:

He didn't go to the Marvel thread to post that. Your argument is invalid.
U ve no point. The Marvel and DC threads are for comic fans(whichever side u're on).

Yes this is the DC thread. And whether he posted it in the Romance section or the Food section still wouldn't change anything. U can't say shït about Marvel and expect Marvel fans not to react.

Every single Marvel vs DC incident on this thread has been started by you DC gringos. U people will start fight finish and start blaming Marvel fans for knocking you out.

U people keep claiming DC is d best. But u guys just cant stop comparing.

That kryptonite dude keeps going on & on about matured minds this, maturity that. That's a bit ironic considering he's always at the heart of every fight here.

Why cant you people just watch ur DC movies in peace and direct ur frustrations at the critics that keep giving u negative ratings. Must u always bring Marvel into everything??

Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lana1:
U ve no point. The Marvel and DC threads are for comic fans(whichever side u're on).

Yes this is the DC thread. And whether he posted it in the Romance section or the Food section still wouldn't change anything. U can't say shït about Marvel and expect Marvel fans not to react.

Every single Marvel vs DC incident on this thread has been started by you DC gringos. U people will start fight finish and start blaming Marvel fans for knocking you out.

U people keep claiming DC is d best. But u guys just cant stop comparing.

That kryptonite dude keeps going on & on about matured minds this, maturity that. That's a bit ironic considering he's always at the heart of every fight here.

Why cant you people just watch ur DC movies in peace and direct ur frustrations at the critics that keep giving u negative ratings. Must u always bring Marvel into everything??

Nawa o

Hmm.

Irrelevant.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ellimist:

Hmm.

Irrelevant.
Just like u.
Now run along!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lana1:
Just like u.
Now run along!!

Do you really think I'd sink THAT low to have an e-tussle with you. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ellimist:

Do you really think I'd sink THAT low to have an e-tussle with you. undecided
I dont give a rats azz what u feel i think.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
I'm feeling the crossover its too awesome for me to miss. I also like how they didn't let start the action in Supergirl.. I also like that I'm gonna watch the awesomeness on legends of tomorrow I also love the agents of shield new episode i love what they did with the dark realm side of the story all I can do is thank the lord for so many awesome episodes in one week..amen
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2016
Lana1:
I dont give a rats azz what u feel i think.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
just finished the entire crossover
totally enjoyable and fun.
this is prolly the Justice league of America
next year's crossover shld have Jon Jonz and that's whr I believe the official JLA name will be given.
overall 8/10
best team up ever *Felicity's voice*
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by coolbreezy01: 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wow was so sad at the end of the crossover cause it left me breathless. DC rocks
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
it will be awesome seeing a crossover again, apparently in their next seasons. This time, they should include matian manhunter to it, and also bring Superman to the party, probably when all hope is lost - boom! Oliver and Barry realised (looked at each other simultaneously) and remembered Kara did tell them about her having a cousin! And immediately they sent Cisco to go and get him.... He showed up, using his multi-abilities/powers to hold his own against (who ever the villain maybe) the villain, and perhaps, giving them better time to regain lost energies before re-strategized for round 2. grin
I wished for something like that cheesy
It will also be nice for them to introduce Shazam before then, so after the battle he (Shazam) finally idolized Superman as all what he wanted to be! Just like in the animation Justice League.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by austine5n6(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mhenn DC really tried with the TV crossover...I never thought it would be this good, anyway they really did a good job.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by coolbreezy01: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
kryptonian1987:
it will be awesome seeing a crossover again, apparently in their next seasons. This time, they should include matian manhunter to it, and also bring Superman to the party, probably when all hope is lost - boom! Oliver and Barry realised (looked at each other simultaneously) and remembered Kara did tell them about her having a cousin! And immediately they sent Cisco to go and get him.... He showed up, using his multi-abilities/powers to hold his own against (who ever the villain maybe) the villain, and perhaps, giving them better time to regain lost energies before re-strategized for round 2. grin
I wished for something like that cheesy
It will also be nice for them to introduce Shazam before then, so after the battle he (Shazam) finally idolized Superman as all what he wanted to be! Just like in the animation Justice League.
Sorry for the mention but is shazam a DC series cause I don't think so.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Sorry for the mention but is shazam a DC series cause I don't think so.

nope. but a character (superhero) existing in DC Comic. Will love to see him, since he is one of those rare characters that both adults and kids can easily relate with, based on his dual characteristics....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
I think the writers of the DCTV crossover made a mess of the stories and plots therein. It was too sloppy and cheesy, and unserious. I think Greg Berlanti and John Geoff are messing up this characters and underutilising them. I can't wait to see more serious DC series like Watchmen and Krypton in the future. I'll rate the crossover episodes 5/10 overall score.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
UPDATE: Rumour has it that John Cleese is featuring in Justice League in an unspecified role. Also, Armie Hammer has been rumoured to have a role in either Justice League or Ben Affleck's The Batman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2016
Aquaman has been shifted into a 2018 post-summer/Fall slot somewhere in October. A new movie is being proposed to replace this old slot.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Phi001(m): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
I'm curious... In CW's arrowverse, after Oliver, Barry and Kara, who's fourth in hierarchy...

Of course, Clark doesn't count. He's low key number 1
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
Interesting fight scenario... Wolverine versus Wonder Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR0pREAUzaQ
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
came across this on Twitter and thought it was a VERY Cool touch from Zach Snyder

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
shockwave91:
came across this on Twitter and thought it was a VERY Cool touch from Zach Snyder

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
Titbits: Ben Affleck's The Batman is now taking over 2019 Justice League 2 release slot.

By the way, I thought Dr Strange was gonna stay long in the box office with the overwhelming high praises. "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" just knocked it out from the 9th position within three weeks. Interesting times ahead.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:24am On Dec 12, 2016
TonySpike:
Titbits: Ben Affleck's The Batman is now taking over 2019 Justice League 2 release slot.

By the way, I thought Dr Strange was gonna stay long in the box office with the overwhelming high praises. "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" just knocked it out from the 9th position within three weeks. Interesting times ahead.

Yea. I think MCU is gradually losing its magic touch. mainstream audiences no longer doing the repetitive views over and over anymore. in my own point, I think it's as a result of too formulaic movies mcu keeps popping out every year-though TWS was a totally different take from the rest.
Take CW for an example, a movie with all that high score (90+%) and high praised from all corners of this world couldn't outpaced IM3...!
It is either MCU is losing its magic wand, or movie goers (mainstream audiences) are tired of CBM genre in general....
I saw that coming since-i don't even think the new date for JL2 would stand.... it's likely they will push it back more to like 2020 or 21 in order to give them time to flesh out its plots perfectly!
Dr Strange is too formulaic to what MCU had been given us right from day one, so repeat viewing will definitely be hindered.......
I saw it last week, it was ok but never close to anything great. I think critics and fans over hyped the movie.... even some calling it MCU's best. Lol! it can't even stand amongst MCU top 5, not to talk of no.1! I think that position is till with the TWS ( and also my 3rd overall best CBM of all time) in MCU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2016
But I can vouch for GoTG2 and Infinity War to break new grounds (box office) when they are released! that for sure I know....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
kryptonian1987:

Yea. I think MCU is gradually losing its magic touch. mainstream audiences no longer doing the repetitive views over and over anymore. in my own point, I think it's as a result of too formulaic movies mcu keeps popping out every year-though TWS was a totally different take from the rest.
Take CW for an example, a movie with all that high score (90+%) and high praised from all corners of this world couldn't outpaced IM3...!
It is either MCU is losing its magic wand, or movie goers (mainstream audiences) are tired of CBM genre in general....
I saw that coming since-i don't even think the new date for JL2 would stand.... it's likely they will push it back more to like 2020 or 21 in order to give them time to flesh out its plots perfectly!
Dr Strange is too formulaic to what MCU had been given us right from day one, so repeat viewing will definitely be hindered.......
I saw it last week, it was ok but never close to anything great. I think critics and fans over hyped the movie.... even some calling it MCU's best. Lol! it can't even stand amongst MCU top 5, not to talk of no.1! I think that position is till with the TWS ( and also my 3rd overall best CBM of all time) in MCU.

Spiderman: Homecoming is also having a Doctor Strange vibe. The trailer did nothing to excite me, but the appearance of RDJ might help to extend its box office earnings. fingers crossed. By the way, there's a rumour going round that the first justice league trailer might drop on the release date of Star Wars: Rogue One, let's wait and see if it turns out to be true.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
TonySpike:

Spiderman: Homecoming is also having a Doctor Strange vibe. The trailer did nothing to excite me, but the appearance of RDJ might help to extend its box office earnings. fingers crossed. By the way, there's a rumour going round that the first justice league trailer might drop on the release date of Star Wars: Rogue One, let's wait and see if it turns out to be true.
I also hope so.... since all studios are going all out this time.... cheesy steady trailers....
Releasing JL's trailer with the Star Wars premier date would be an awesome strategy ....since so many mainstream audiences will be there! I think they should seize that rare opportunity at their disposal FAST!!!! Moreover, January is a bit relaxe period for movie goers. They don't go out to see movies that much in January.....I WB should take advantage of it!

Even the heavy presence of Tony Stark, am still feeling a little bit skeptical about the project.... though it will do well, but not like infinity war or gotg2

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.